• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Model In UFO Mystery As Bizarre Craft Flies Past Her Plane At 20,000’

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
A MODEL has spurred a UFO probe as a bizarre craft was seen flying past her airplane at 20,000ft in crystal-clear footage.

Valentina Rueda Velez from Colombia captured the moment the object zoomed past her cockpit window.

alien-alert-model-ufo-mystery-808829830.jpg

Footage showed the plane flying in perfect conditions with blue skies and sunshine.

As the woman kept the camera rolling from the front of the aircraft a bizarre object appeared on the right of the screen.

It then increased in size as it rocketed past the window.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/21988651/model-ufo-mystery-bizarre-craft-plane-footage/

maximus otter

Last edited:
I would suspect any sighting in which the observer's MODEL status is announced even before they say what the sighting is of. I wonder would they trumpet it if she'd been a TREE SURGEON or NURSE? And whether this may just have something to do with things...?

There are many shapes of silver mylar balloon available; this one is a little unusual, but there are some that match, like this one.
0204090002jpg.image.263x263.jpg

Paradoxically, these balloons tend to burst if you release them when they are full; the only way one of these could persist at 20,000 feet is if it is only half-full. This could happen naturally if you only release the balloon after a long period at ground level, when some of the helium has escaped by diffusion.

On the other hand, some hobbyists deliberately only half-fill their balloons, so that they last longer.

I would suspect any sighting in which the observer's MODEL status is announced even before they say what the sighting is of. I wonder would they trumpet it if she'd been a TREE SURGEON or NURSE? And whether this may just have something to do with things...?

Oi! Women with big bangers are entitled to see UFOs as well, you h8r!

;)

maximus otter

There are many shapes of silver mylar balloon available; this one is a little unusual, but there are some that match, like this one.
0204090002jpg.image.263x263.jpg

Paradoxically, these balloons tend to burst if you release them when they are full; the only way one of these could persist at 20,000 feet is if it is only half-full. This could happen naturally if you only release the balloon after a long period at ground level, when some of the helium has escaped by diffusion.

On the other hand, some hobbyists deliberately only half-fill their balloons, so that they last longer.
Seems like there's more to this than being just a balloon ~ according to my enlarged still capture - and the image continues showing these appendage images as the object passes the plane (or vice-versa).

1681117599371.png

Personally, I don't see any appendages; these could just be crinkles in the mylar near the seams.

Almost every shape of mylar balloon has these 'crinkles', segments of the balloon's surface where the material is pinched and reflects ambient light differently, as here.
612063_1001_1_-large-silver-round-foil-balloon.jpg

Well at least its a step up from the 'insect crawling over lens' dross that permeates YouTube.

I'm also with the balloon theory, although a high-flying seabird also crossed my mind

One interesting possibility is that the balloon is associated with the Medellin solar balloon festival. Medellin is about 20km away from where this video was shot.
https://ballonsolaire.pagesperso-orange.fr/en-historique8.htm

This particular balloon is a very close fit to the shape of the unknown object, although it is an expensive, animated manta-ray-shaped balloon that I would expect to be under closer control and not wandering about at 20,000 feet.
air-ray-505x231.jpg

Incidentally I doubt very much that this clip was taken at 20,000 feet; the clouds look like cumulus clouds, which are generally about 5000 feet- a much more realistic height for a mylar balloon.

Last edited:
Actually the pilot says the height was 12,000 feet, which makes the clouds altocumulus.

He also says the object was largely stationary.
Arteaga recounts that the object was first seen floating stationary at a specific point between Medellin and Santa Fe. He and his co-pilot, Daniel, were flying towards Medellin when they noticed the object.

Actually the pilot says the height was 12,000 feet, which makes the clouds altocumulus.

He also says the object was largely stationary.
After having had yet another look at the video, I'm now wondering why the pilot was using his camera when there was nothing visible to see before the object (balloon) appeared? Seems like a pretty odd thing to do when there's nothing in view! Object only seems to appear at frame time - 0:09/0:20 (unless these numbers represent a very short amount of time?)

Apparently they saw the object in the distance some time before the clip was taken. It was not moving at that point, but appeared to start moving when they approached (an effect that could easily be explained by parallax effects).

One interesting possibility is that the balloon is associated with the Medellin solar balloon festival. Medellin is about 20km away from where this video was shot.
https://ballonsolaire.pagesperso-orange.fr/en-historique8.htm

This particular balloon is a very close fit to the shape of the unknown object, although it is an expensive, animated manta-ray-shaped balloon that I would expect to be under closer control and not wandering about at 20,000 feet.
air-ray-505x231.jpg

Incidentally I doubt very much that this clip was taken at 20,000 feet; the clouds look like cumulus clouds, which are generally about 5000 feet- a much more realistic height for a mylar balloon.
That looks like the definitive explanation to me. Too much of a coincidence otherwise.

OK, I'm getting confused now. Why are the aliens making their ships look like these 'mylar balloons' ?? Is it just to sneak through our defences? They must be so much more cunning than we thought they were. That is scary.

Well, yes it is.
An advanced alien civilisation that wanted to observe us clandestinely could disguise their craft as a wide range of things, and we would never see them. If they really are here why don't they do a better job of concealment? Perhaps they are trolling us.

Yes, but the model said it flew past them a speed.
But as 'eburacum' explained it would appear that way when inside a plane because as the plane approaches the object (balloon), the speed of it would appear to increase as it passes by ~ (the parallax 'illusionary' effects).
[
I suppose the parallax effect is very like - when waiting on a platform for a train to come into the station, then you spot it way in the distance and it starts to appear to get bigger, and appears to travel much faster as it journeys towards you.]

Last edited:
Well, yes it is.
An advanced alien civilisation that wanted to observe us clandestinely could disguise their craft as a wide range of things, and we would never see them. If they really are here why don't they do a better job of concealment? Perhaps they are trolling us.
I have said this many times. If a race is capable of crossing inter-stellar distances and travelling at some of the speeds reported for UFOs, why the hell would they be a) so visible when presumably they have invented cloaking devices and b) why are they flying around in ships that look so...well, so retro? Why wouldn't their ships be so alien to us that we wouldn't recognise them as such? Maybe ABCs are actually alien vehicles...!

Back