• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Modern Sex Cults

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
A Sisterhood Cult which is actually headed by a sleazy male.

Inside a Secretive Group Where Women Are Branded
By BARRY MEIEROCT. 17, 2017

ALBANY — Last March, five women gathered in a home near here to enter a secret sisterhood they were told was created to empower women.

To gain admission, they were required to give their recruiter — or “master,” as she was called — naked photographs or other compromising material and were warned that such “collateral” might be publicly released if the group’s existence were disclosed.

The women, in their 30s and 40s, belonged to a self-help organization called Nxivm, which is based in Albany and has chapters across the country, Canada and Mexico.

Sarah Edmondson, one of the participants, said she had been told she would get a small tattoo as part of the initiation. But she was not prepared for what came next.

Each woman was told to undress and lie on a massage table, while three others restrained her legs and shoulders. According to one of them, their “master,” a top Nxivm official named Lauren Salzman, instructed them to say: “Master, please brand me, it would be an honor.”

A female doctor proceeded to use a cauterizing device to sear a two-inch-square symbol below each woman’s hip, a procedure that took 20 to 30 minutes. For hours, muffled screams and the smell of burning tissue filled the room.

• “I wept the whole time,” Ms. Edmondson recalled. “I disassociated out of my body.”

Since the late 1990s, an estimated 16,000 people have enrolled in courses offered by Nxivm (pronounced Nex-e-um), which it says are designed to bring about greater self-fulfillment by eliminating psychological and emotional barriers. Most participants take some workshops, like the group’s “Executive Success Programs,” and resume their lives. But other people have become drawn more deeply into Nxivm, giving up careers, friends and families to become followers of its leader, Keith Raniere, who is known within the group as “Vanguard". ...
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/17/...branded-albany.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Sounds a bit S & M.

I thought, "Not R Kelly again!" then read the bit about the women being in their 30s and 40s. Guess not.

This just showed up in the local paper - literally, this whole article as linked above!

S and M meets Scientology.

Sounds like a perfectly normal Gender Studies class to me.

Last edited:
It took 20-30 minutes? Was that in total, or per woman? Because that seems like an awfully long time necessary. When we freeze branded my horse it took seconds, and that was permananent.. so is there any reason (other than pure sadism) that it would need to take so long?

And now I come to ask the question, I realise I sound a bit weird...

Reminds me of the scene in Ashes to Ashes were the female detective has her ass stamped
as a initiation to the squad.

It took 20-30 minutes? Was that in total, or per woman? Because that seems like an awfully long time necessary. When we freeze branded my horse it took seconds, and that was permananent.. so is there any reason (other than pure sadism) that it would need to take so long?

And now I come to ask the question, I realise I sound a bit weird...

I wondered that too! There must've been some element of ritual there. Maybe she had to appear reluctant and be dragged along to the branding-table, like when the Speaker is symbolically forced to their seat in the House of Commons?

This story has gotten a little bit weirder, and I really hope it's not true as I thought she was great on TV in Smallville and would hate to see her as another person influenced by the cult.!
http://www.fortressofsolitude.co.za/smallville-allison-mack-sex-cult/
Hollywood is in a weird space lately with all the sexual assault charges and bizarre revelations coming forward. With that said, nobody would have expected that Smallville actress Allison Mack would be described as someone who is the head of controversial sex cult. However, the Daily Mail UK claims that the Teen Choice Award actress, who played Chloe Sullivan on the hit show, is connected to the NXIVM, an organization who has been described by former members as a terrifying cult.

There is a video of her talking to the cult leader, but I don't know if this interaction is the basis for this rumor or just the tip of the iceberg.

It says a cauterizing device so maybe they were writing something
but it's still a hell of a long time. a normal branding only takes seconds
I used to brand some wooden items and even a deep wood brand would
only take 20 secs.

Sounds like typical 'Gang Stalkers' in their recruitment process. Too bad.

The FBI have arrested the cult leader. Should be an interesting trial.

Keith Raniere, the leader of an elusive US self-help group, has been arrested by the FBI in Mexico and charged with sex trafficking.

Federal prosecutors allege Mr Raniere oversaw a "slave and master" system in his group called Nxivm, where female members were expected to have sex with him and were branded with his initials.

He is expected to appear in court on the charges in Texas on Tuesday.

Mr Raniere left the country last year after former members spoke to US media.

A number of women came forward for an investigation published in the New York Times newspaper in October, which led to the United States attorney's office in Brooklyn opening an investigation into the group.

After the piece, a letter by Mr Raniere denied any such practices were sanctioned by the group and said an independent investigation found "no merit" to the allegations.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43550908

Hardly like S&M, where everything is consensual-it doesn't sound like this women got a chance to say "yea" or "nay".

Hardly like S&M, where everything is consensual-it doesn't sound like these women got a chance to say "yea" or "nay".

On the contrary, when women seek empowerment they must not be allowed to have a choice. Feminism must never be consensual. If the sisterhood see the need to hold down and brand a woman, it must be for her own good, because they know what is best for all women.

Last edited:
When it comes to Hollywood actors likely to be involved in a cult secretly working as a front for sex trafficking, she wasn't even in my top ten.

When it comes to Hollywood actors likely to be involved in a cult secretly working as a front for sex trafficking, she wasn't even in my top ten.

I only know her as the wholesome Chloe in Smallville, who would never have tolerated this kind of behaviour. Feet of clay!

Perhaps Mack can get a role in that.

I'm sure none of us in any way suspect the 'cult' was invented to boost the TV show? Oh, sorry, yes I do.

Have any of the alleged ladies with brands come forward? Branding and tattooing is not unknown in certain circles -'property of ( insert Master / Mistress / biker / bike club here)' but it is normally consensual.

Very serious criminal charges which could result in life imprisonment in a Federal Prison have been brought. I think this is more than just a publicity stunt.

I was thinking 'publicity stunt gone too far'. But of course I could be completely wrong.

Perhaps despite everything I can't grasp how women would be 'persuaded' into such a cult against their will. I know some of the women who attach themselves to bikers have problems, but this is a different sector of society altogether.

The cult has been around for years, if they were planning a TV show because of it, that's playing a very long game.

Back