• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Modern Sex Cults

I was thinking 'publicity stunt gone too far'. But of course I could be completely wrong.

Perhaps despite everything I can't grasp how women would be 'persuaded' into such a cult against their will. I know some of the women who attach themselves to bikers have problems, but this is a different sector of society altogether.

You get all sorts of cults religious, even political ones. Here's a post of mine from April 2007:

Dennis Tourish and Tim Wohlforth, On the Edge: Political Cults Right and Left, Armonk, New York: M.E. Sharpe, 2000.

Great book. It also covers Marlene Dixon, the Christian Identity movement, Posse Commitatus, Scientology, Synanon, and Aryan Nation. Additionally, the book discusses actions of Trotskyist groups in the United Kingdom particularly those led by Ted Grant (Miltant)and Gerry Healy (WRP).

I have the chapter on Militant/Ted Grant in e format (its also got an extra 1,200 words than the published version). I think i'll publish it here as I have the permission of Dennis Tourish to do so.

The chapter on Militant/Ted Grant is at: https://books.google.ie/books?id=mE...age&q=The Lonely Passion Of Ted Grant&f=false

The expanded chapter is gone AWOL.

The cult has been around for years, if they were planning a TV show because of it, that's playing a very long game.

Yes, that's what we have been told. But we have only heard of it in the last few weeks.

Consider the allegations. Rich and successful young women have been enticed into a sonority in which they have to be branded painfully over the pubes with some initials. No doubt they have thought of some way to explain this to their partners. And then they find themselves sex slaves to a man they never heard of. Really?

If women really are that daft (I don't think they are for a minute) then its high time I started a cult. Except the women won't have to have sex with me . They'll have to cook me a decent Sunday roast dinner - failed Yorkshire's will involve a trip to the Pit of Misery - and sew up my jeans.

Last edited:
Ok. I'm not taking the Mickey, Ramon, but these are really bizarre allegations.

People will join all sorts of weird cults and undergo humiliating indignities.
I guess. Can't explain though. My problem with this story is how do these women explain the branding?

I guess. Can't explain though. My problem with this story is how do these women explain the branding?

They hide it?

Many thousands of girls undergo FGM in the UK every year yet it is hidden and the perpetrators go unpunished.

They hide it?

Many thousands of girls undergo FGM in the UK every year yet it is hidden and the perpetrators go unpunished.

Yes, I agree that happens. But that's possibly among cultural groups who won't question it. On the other hand if my missus came back with a brand on her pubes I would most certainly have noticed and been less than happy.

The Hollywood Reporter has a great write-up about the group's activities. Among other things it shows they were trying to follow the Scientology model to success and were actively recruiting stars to anchor their fame, and other stars were in their orbit like Grace Pack from Hawaii 5.0 reboot fame. Also, poor Allison Mack appears to really be a vulnerable person who got caught up in the cult machinery, brainwashed... I hope it's hold over her can be broken!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/f...son-mack-went-actress-sex-cult-slaver-1112107

Excellent article, thanks very much for that. Disturbing that some people look at Scientology and see a solid business model (or dating service). The branding is just... awful. Thank goodness the whole thing has fallen to pieces now.

No doubt they find it empowering. It is, after all, a symbol of belonging to something larger than themselves.:bananas:

The Hollywood Reporter has a great write-up about the group's activities. Among other things it shows they were trying to follow the Scientology model to success and were actively recruiting stars to anchor their fame, and other stars were in their orbit like Grace Pack from Hawaii 5.0 reboot fame. Also, poor Allison Mack appears to really be a vulnerable person who got caught up in the cult machinery, brainwashed... I hope it's hold over her can be broken!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/f...son-mack-went-actress-sex-cult-slaver-1112107

Sometimes I realise I know nothing about human beings at all.

Sounds like something from Gor by John Norman.

I stopped reading his books after the second or third - it was a long time ago. but a friend who persisted reckoned by the later books the slave girl sections were taking up 75% of the pages :)

But this actually appears to be real. I did think it might be a hoax or publicity stunt at firs. It's not some poor bloke's imagination getting overheated.

Rich and successful young women have been enticed into a sonority in which they have to be branded painfully over the pubes with some initials..

Wonder what the secret initials are? If they look like runic symbols, bewildered guys wouldn't know whether to **** the woman or try to dial the 7th Stargate quadrant on her pussy..

Having been celibate for 9 years and only been with one non-tattooed woman for the previous 25, I wouldn't know how you'd tell them apart from the rest of the personal information people apparently feel it is a good idea to stamp on their skin.

There are numerous things about the modern world I find incomprehensible and tattoos are one of them.

Having been celibate for 9 years and only been with one non-tattooed woman for the previous 25, I wouldn't know how you'd tell them apart from the rest of the personal information people apparently feel it is a good idea to stamp on their skin.

There are numerous things about the modern world I find incomprehensible and tattoos are one of them.

Tattoos in moderation are ok but people tend to go ott these days.

Tattoos in moderation are ok but people tend to go ott these days.

I was being a bit OTT myself. I know a couple of ladies with small visible tattoos that are well done, although I still don't find they add to the attraction.

I am really thinking of those who go in for large tattoos (particularly the ones styled like Maori tattoos when you aren't a Maori) and those who go in for writing messages on their bodies. And there are an awful lot of really badly done tattoos out there. Plus regrets - one of the biggest advertising awnings I've seen this year was for a 'painless' tattoo removal studio.

But as result of all these tattoos a few initials wouldn't seem much, and a branding probably indistinguishable from the more crappily done tattoos.

To quote myself from the Tattoos thread here on FTMB:

“I can't see a tattoo without hearing an indulged toddler whining, "Look at me, mummy; look at meeeee!"

I see women with their kids' names and dates of birth tattooed on their anatomy. Let's sum up that thought process:

"You mean to say that an eight-pound human being tore itself out of my body in a tsunami of blood, screams and faeces? Shit, I have to start writing this stuff down...”

Tattoos

maximus otter

A long but interesting read here--cult motifs and money, money, money.

The Dark Side of the Orgasmic Meditation Company

By Ellen Huet
18 June 2018, 18:00 GMT+9

When Michal got married in August 2015, her family and longtime friends didn’t attend. The woman who walked her down the aisle, the dozens of beaming onlookers, her soon-to-be husband—all were people she’d met in the preceding 10 months. Wearing a loose, casual dress borrowed from one of her new friends, Michal spent the ceremony in a daze.

She knew she didn’t want to get married like this, in the living room of a rented San Francisco house without her family’s support, yet she felt compelled to do it. That uneasy feeling could apply to most of her experiences in OneTaste.

OneTaste is a sexuality-focused wellness education company based in the Bay Area. It’s best known for classes on “orgasmic meditation,” a trademarked procedure that typically involves a man using a gloved, lubricated fingertip to stroke a woman’s clitoris for 15 minutes. For Michal, like those at her wedding, OneTaste was much more than a series of workshops. It was a company that had, in less than a year, gained sway over every aspect of her life.

Since taking her first class, Michal had started working on OneTaste’s sales staff and living in a communal house in Brooklyn with her co-workers. Seven days a week, they gathered for multiple rounds of orgasmic meditation, or OM. (They pronounce it “ohm.”) They spent hours calling and texting people who’d come to a OneTaste event, trying to sell seats for the next, more expensive classes. The company-hosted evening OM circles in Manhattan sometimes held 30 or more pairs of strokers and strokees in one room, the fully clothed men concentrating on their moving fingertips while the women, naked from the waist down, moaned, wailed, and sighed. Afterward, Michal and her co-workers would run that night’s OneTaste event, where they set up chairs, jogged the microphone over to attendees, and chatted up more sales leads. It was exhausting.

Michal had been drawn to OneTaste because she felt unfulfilled sexually and in other parts of her personal life. The group seemed full of glowing, attractive people confident they could feel profound sexual pleasure whenever they wanted. She believed her new life would bring her closer to the center of OneTaste, where those who were experts in OM—especially the company’s co-founder, Nicole Daedone—seemed to hold the key to sexual and spiritual enlightenment.

Continued at length:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...e-of-onetaste-the-orgasmic-meditation-company

OneTaste is a sexuality-focused wellness education company based in the Bay Area. It’s best known for classes on “orgasmic meditation,” a trademarked procedure that typically involves a man using a gloved, lubricated fingertip to stroke a woman’s clitoris for 15 minutes. For Michal, like those at her wedding, OneTaste was much more than a series of workshops. It was a company that had, in less than a year, gained sway over every aspect of her life.
Only 15 minutes?

And if you haven't had your fill of modern sex cults, here's another:

The ‘Sex Cult’ That Preached Empowerment
Why did female members of Nxivm follow a guru named Keith Raniere, who now stands accused of sex trafficking? He made them feel like they were in control.

By Vanessa Grigoriadis
May 30, 2018

One winter morning in a conventional suburb outside Albany, N.Y., Nancy Salzman, the 63-year-old president of a self-improvement company named Nxivm, sat on a mahogany-colored stool in her kitchen. Her tasteful home was surrounded by other Nxivm members’ modest townhouses or capacious stone mansions that seemed to spring up out of nowhere, like mushrooms, on the suburban streets. In Salzman’s den, a photo of her with her two adult daughters hung on a wall, the three of them wearing smiles as wide as ancient Greek masks of comedy; the same happy photo served as the wallpaper on Salzman’s laptop. A hairless Sphynx cat prowled the lovely buffet of croissants and fruit on her kitchen island.

Salzman, an extremely fit woman wearing the type of thin athleisure sweatshirt that’s all the rage with the middle-aged bourgeoisie these days, turned her attention to a woman sitting at the island: Jacqueline, a 27-year-old with long dark hair, who was a psychology student in college, told me that she hadn’t experienced anything as effective as Nxivm (pronounced “nexium,” like the heartburn medication). Like Scientology’s L. Ron Hubbard, whose 1950 handbook “Dianetics” was billed as the “modern science of mental health” and whose pseudoscientific methods were, in his view, world-changing, Keith Raniere, Nxivm’s 57-year-old founder, believed his organization could heal individuals and transform the world. The way Nxivm did this was through techniques, or “technology,” meant to rewire your emotional self.

Salzman, who has training in neurolinguistic programming, which involves hypnosis and techniques of mirroring another individual to create deep rapport, was about to embark on a therapy session in which she would ask Jacqueline to cast her mind back to her childhood, as Nxivm sessions often do. Jacqueline had come to her with a phobia: She flips out when she gets on a plane. One time, she had to get off an airplane that had boarded because she became nervous, and when she wanted to get back on, the flight attendants wouldn’t let her.

Continued at length:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/30/magazine/sex-cult-empowerment-nxivm-keith-raniere.html

History has a habit of repeating itself:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/...03/hysteria-and-the-strange-history-vibrators
I draw your attention to the following paragraph:

"Fortunately, a reliable, socially acceptable treatment appeared. Doctors or midwives applied vegetable oil to women’s genitals and then massaged them with one or two fingers inside and the heel of the hand pressing against the clitoris. With this type of massage, women had orgasms and experienced sudden, dramatic relief from hysteria. But doctors didn’t call women’s climaxes orgasms. They called them “paroxysms” because everyone knew that women were incapable of sexual feelings, so they could not possibly experience orgasm."

So what has been described is a return to traditional European 19th Century medical treatment which has been marketed via an alleged connection to Eastern mysticism. I'm sure Sir Richard Burton would entirely understand and sympathize.
:witch::hip::gent:

I read a newspaper article about Dutch "Tantric Yoga" (?) communities and workshops in the nineties (?). The journalist (a lady) described going to one such (women only) workshop where they started innocently enough with meditation, yoga and mutual massage, but after that the participants were expected to also massage each other's privates. This was too much for the journalist and she left while the workshop leader heaped scorn on her.

Allison Mack has decided to play the "never mind me, what about them?" card. See here:
Lame defence

Apparently she and her boyfriend should be let off scot free because they didn't do anything Scientology hasn't done, and they get a free pass from the American justice system (because their lawyers are as insane as they are, and cause as much trouble as possible until the judge tells them to get lost for a quiet life). As the article says, as bad as the Scientologists are, claiming ownership over women by branding their vaginas is not something even they've committed. Anyone know if Mack's cunning defence could succeed?

One key factor would be whether the court decision they're leveraging has any legal standing as a precedent in the jurisdiction / context within which their own case is being tried.

Allison Mack has decided to play the "never mind me, what about them?" card. See here:
Lame defence Apparently she and her boyfriend should be let off scot free because they didn't do anything Scientology hasn't done, and they get a free pass from the American justice system (because their lawyers are as insane as they are, and cause as much trouble as possible until the judge tells them to get lost for a quiet life). As the article says, as bad as the Scientologists are, claiming ownership over women by branding their vaginas is not something even they've committed. Anyone know if Mack's cunning defence could succeed?

Awesome! I hope the Scientologists sue them!:lolling:

Celibate for 9 years ? Wow how is that? Do you miss sex? Fantasy must be difficult? Why did you opt out? Sorry I'm really intrigued.

Back