• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Money From Out Of The Blue (Cash Found Or Unexpectedly Received)

Mythopoeika said:
disgruntledgoth said:
at school I very regularly had money appear in my pocket, use to go with them empty and by lunch time there was three quid, at one point £15.

So you were a school bully, eh? ;)

No :lol: , but If I was I might have "earned" quite a bit but it was never in my nature to hurt others.

The ceilings are VERY high, like in most stores/department stores and there is really no place for money to be perched. ( I looked up and all around right after it happened). There were no adjacent shelves or other solid surfaces....just the counter, and it came from above that.

I remember catching sight of the coin out of the corner of my eye when it appeared. It was almost eye level with me and surprised me a lot, because it was such an unusual thing to have happen. :?

I've still got the £20 that appeared in my bathroom.

I think the thread's still lurking about here somewhere

Yeah, A coin could do that but wouldn't the owner know it was stuck to their palm/ arm? No one claimed it.

I remember the 20 in the bathroom, Glamarama!

A chum of mine mentioned it on a radio phone in her was working on, the ghost hunters that were on were very excited about it, I might be getting a visit from them.

Mythopoeika said:
Wow, I wish a few million (or even a few thousand) pounds would suddenly materialise in front of me. :D

Wow, must be the season for it. A few weeks ago I found a £2.00 coin on my bed. I have to go through my bedroom to get to my bathroom and it certainly wasn't there on the way in. I took it as a 'sign' and got 2 lottery tickets.....

Nope, didn't win anything! :roll: : lol

Previous to that I did find a lot of pennies around, then they progressed to 5p pieces.
I'd been reading about guardian angels and that a sign that they've been is a white feather. I was getting a bit dissapointed as I was trying to contact mine and had no such luck. I then read that pennies were also a sign that they'd been. I was comming back from the shop and the song 'Pennies from Heaven' popped into my head. I looked down and there were some pennies! About 3 or 4. :?: :?: :?:
Then the 5p's started appering. One when I 'called' for help. I looked over the room and saw it and felt instantly reassured. :D

I know, I sound nuts. :lol:

Only a slight tangent but I've often wondered if people scooping the lottery have psychic help they're not aware of. Winning is based on picking the same numbers as those selected at random and the number participating ensuring 'someone' gets the prize.

But on an individual level the winner has 'guessed' a virtually impossible combination and it would be difficult not to believe the supernatural was at work. Imagine a friend inviting you to 'think of a number' from more than forty and hitting the same selection? You'd probably rush out and have the house exorcised. It's simple probability but I'd still be pretty freaked.

It must be the season for it! The other day I was doing my morning 2 mile fast walk at the track. It was the first time I had been at the track alone for a couple of weeks and I was rather enjoying the peace and quiet of a lone walk. I wondered to myself as I was rounding a bend, 'Wouldn't it be cool if God sent me some money to find here on the track!' I took one or two more steps and suddenly before my very eyes I saw a crumpled bill lying on the ground! 'Wow!' I thought, shocked, and snatched the bill up into my greedy hand.I couldn't believe my luck. I unfurled the wadded bill to find just that. . .one dollar, two dimes and one penny. It suddenly dawned on me that in my case, God certainly has a sense of humor. :oops:

~Kim~

One dollar, 2 dimes and a penny are better than nothing.

I always look for money when I'm walking on the beach ( which is often) but never find any. I always figure people, especially kids, would be dropping it in the sand.

Maybe I should verbally hope for some next time I'm there. :)

...or get a metal detector... even the pennies now are magnetic..........

Money money money

I find small coins lying about all over the place. When I am sad about something or other, I walk with my head down and I can then spot the coins glinting in the daylight or streetlight. This cheers me up a bit every time. Twice, I have been really miserable, looked down and found 10 pounds! It helps that I live in a small town centre where people are always dropping notes and coins as they rummage in their pockets and bags. The theory about spirits leaving coins for people as a 'calling card' still sounds like a reasonable one, though. I have always felt comfortable in my own company and I have many internal dialogues in my mind, so I think that I have at least one companion spirit with me at all times. Perhaps there is a whole crowd of them! :likee: :glum: :grouphug: :D

I've had an experience of money appearing out of nowhere myself, a couple years ago. I was standing in the middle of the parking lot of the office building I worked at at the time. It was a one-story building and there wasn't anything taller than the office building nearby, except for the lights in the parking lot. I had just gotten out of my car, and started to walk towards the middle of the lot back to the side door of the office where I went in, when I saw something falling past my face and hit the asphalt with a clinking noise. It was a shiny new penny, and for a minute I just stood there thinking where this coin just fell from. I was thinking someone threw it at me, but I was alone at the time in the lot. I picked it up and noticed it was somewhat warm, not hot, just warm like someone had been holding it for a long time in their hand. While I normally don't pick up pennies when I see them on the ground, I did keep this one, just because of how it kind of appeared out of the blue, literally.

Redhead666 said:
Hey everyone!

I remember a few threads about money appearing out of nowhere, but I think it was looooong ago when they were posted so I will put my experience here....mods, feel free to move it.

Yesterday, I was in a "dollar" store and had paid for my items. My purse was completely zipped up and I had my hand on the bag the clerk was handing me when in front of us a one dollar coin actually dropped onto the counter. (no more one dollar bills in Canada, just coins)

I immediately thought either the sales clerk had fumbled her money and it flew across the counter or the person behind me was tossing her money up on the counter. We all just kind of looked at it and I asked both of them if it was theirs. ( Hey a buck is a buck...I'll take it if I'm entitled to it).

The clerk had her cash drawer all closed up and was quite adamant that it did not come from her. The lady behind me also denied owning it. Eventually, the sales clerk told me it must have come out of my purse. Knowing this was impossible because my purse was completely fastened together before the coin dropped from above, I hesitated but thought, "hey a buck IS a buck", so I said, "Ummmm, okay yeah I guess so" and picked it up and left.

There was no one else around us, plus who would throw money about like that anyway? If I had to swear on a bible, I would testify that this dollar coin actually just appeared in the air before it fell to the counter.

It was very strange indeed.

Maybe someone lost it in another dimension and now I have it. :!:

Was the item(s) your buying come to 1 dollar?

Also, if it was inter-dimensional currency, consider it a miracle that it was the right currency. It could of been Australian dollars, or yen or something :?

My gran always told me that only a fool would pass by a white feather in a field, or even in the garden.

She always pressed a coin (even a 1p) into the ground and put the feather next to it as an offering for the fairies. She claimed that if you did that, the fairies would repay you in kind, and you would recieve small gifts. I have a special family.

I must admit, even though I am relatively cynical, I have always done this (it reminds me of my gran). I must also admit that I find things like pound coins regularly.

I've never been one to look a gift horse in the mouth and I'm happy to accept it!

Hexebus said:
Redhead666 said:
Hey everyone!

I remember a few threads about money appearing out of nowhere, but I think it was looooong ago when they were posted so I will put my experience here....mods, feel free to move it.

Yesterday, I was in a "dollar" store and had paid for my items. My purse was completely zipped up and I had my hand on the bag the clerk was handing me when in front of us a one dollar coin actually dropped onto the counter. (no more one dollar bills in Canada, just coins)

I immediately thought either the sales clerk had fumbled her money and it flew across the counter or the person behind me was tossing her money up on the counter. We all just kind of looked at it and I asked both of them if it was theirs. ( Hey a buck is a buck...I'll take it if I'm entitled to it).

The clerk had her cash drawer all closed up and was quite adamant that it did not come from her. The lady behind me also denied owning it. Eventually, the sales clerk told me it must have come out of my purse. Knowing this was impossible because my purse was completely fastened together before the coin dropped from above, I hesitated but thought, "hey a buck IS a buck", so I said, "Ummmm, okay yeah I guess so" and picked it up and left.

There was no one else around us, plus who would throw money about like that anyway? If I had to swear on a bible, I would testify that this dollar coin actually just appeared in the air before it fell to the counter.

It was very strange indeed.

Maybe someone lost it in another dimension and now I have it. :!:

Was the item(s) your buying come to 1 dollar?

Also, if it was inter-dimensional currency, consider it a miracle that it was the right currency. It could of been Australian dollars, or yen or something :?

I think I spent several dollars there that day.
And if it had been a foreign currency, well, that would have very freaky indeed.

I was reading through some back issues of Fortean Times the other day. With great amusement I read letters from folks who claim to have found various types of coins dropped about their house seemingly out of the blue. I thought wryly, "Oh, sure, how come that never happens to me?"

A few minutes later I went to feed my dogs and in the middle of their otherwise empty food dish was a nickel.

Either the dogs are leaving me tips now or my moment of skepticism was heard by The Mysterious Coin Droppers of the Other World.

I too have unexpectedly found a nickel, and later a dime, in my back garden.

Here in the UK, that's unusual. :lol:

escargot1 said:

Well, now that you mention it... a few weeks ago the local ice cream man came 'round (it's a traveling truck that goes through the neighborhoods with a really annoying tune playing out of some hidden loudspeakers) and I reached in my pocket to see if I had enough change to buy me and my Scottish Deerhound a cone and I came up with a pound and a shilling of all things.

I assume that those coins got into my pocket (somehow) from my trip to the UK a few years ago but I'm not sure how. Maybe we should have a chat with our respective "money droppers" and ask them to only drop useable change, thank you very much. Better yet, large denomination notes would be best...

:lol: I wondered where it came from!

oooh, reminds me of a wacky thin9 that happened to me when i was youn9er. actually, recently i was 9oin9 throu9h my old thin9s under my bed in my old bedroom (am away at colle9e now), and was amused to rediscover three dollars, all still attached to9ether (as if it was printed off and never separated)-- i had for9otten all about it after all these years. now for the WEIRD part.
these 3 attached $1 bills came into my possession when i was about 11 or so, i had 9one to the community pool, leavin9 my clothes and shoes in the ladies room on top of a bench. i come back, and find the 3 dollars in one of my shoes! unusual enou9h that i was left money, since $3 can take you a lon9 way at the snack bar, but unseparated bills??
shoe fairy i suppose...

volfie said:
....I came up with a pound and a shilling of all things.

I assume that those coins got into my pocket (somehow) from my trip to the UK a few years ago but I'm not sure how.
must have been quite a few years back?

escargot1 said:

Well, sometimes I'll reach into my pocket for a quarter and pull out a Costa Rican 20 colon piece, which is exactly the same size. But I visited CR a few years back and brought back a lot of coins, and I'm a sloppy housekeeper, so ... no Fortean mystery.

On the bright side, I've found that the local parking meters will happily take a 20-colon piece (value maybe 6 cents) in place of a quarter. If only I had some way of ensuring a steady supply...

H_James said:
volfie said:

I assume that those coins got into my pocket (somehow) from my trip to the UK a few years ago but I'm not sure how.

Sorry I'm getting back to this reply so late. I was in the UK in 2000. Why? Is one of those coins obsolete now? Was it obsolete back then? Boy, I wish I knew what I did with them so I could check denominations and years...

volfie said:
H_James said:
volfie said:

Sorry I'm getting back to this reply so late. I was in the UK in 2000. Why? Is one of those coins obsolete now? Was it obsolete back then? Boy, I wish I knew what I did with them so I could check denominations and years...

Shillings were phased out in Britain when decimalisation came into practice about 1971, but they were still in circulation for decades afterwards as five and ten pence pieces, their equivalent value.

gncxx said:
volfie said:
H_James said:
volfie said:

Shillings were phased out in Britain when decimalisation came into practice about 1971, but they were still in circulation for decades afterwards as five and ten pence pieces, their equivalent value.

I also had a London born grandmother who might have brought home change from her last visit, come to think of it. Probably I just thought something was a shilling which wasn't.

When I was there I thought you had a lot of coins but then I realized that we (the US) had about the same number. It just seemed like a lot when I was trying to remember what the value of each one was. :)

No doubt: It's The Secret happening. :lol:

SameOldVardoger said:
No doubt: It's The Secret happening. :lol:

Sine I have never gone back in time to sleep with a young Betty Grable (from her How To Marry a Millionaire days), we can safely assume that The Secret is a marketing ploy.

eBay boy finds £44,000 in games console
By David Sapsted
Last Updated: 3:01am BST 19/07/2007

A schoolboy who successfully bid for a PlayStation 2 on eBay, not only got the games console but found £44,000 in cash stuffed in the box as well.

The 16-year-old paid only £95 for the Play Station 2, which was supposed to come complete with two games. But when it arrived the games were missing and he discovered €65,400 instead - the equivalent of £44,064.

The boy's parents immediately called the police who are currently holding the cash as the suspected proceeds of crime, but it is possible the boy could apply to keep the money under the Police Property Act if the rightful owner is not traced.

Police only released details of the package delivered to the boy at his family home in Aylsham, Norfolk, today, although the surprise delivery was made on March 20.

Officers were granted an order by Norwich magistrates last month to hold on the cash for three more months under the Proceeds of Crime Act.

A Norfolk police spokesman said: "Our economic crime unit is looking into the audit trail to establish where this money came from. It is a live inquiry at the moment but nobody has been arrested.

"The boy discovered this large amount of cash when he opened the box containing the console. To say that he was surprised is a bit of an understatement. He was shocked and stunned.

"He was supposed to receive the console and two games but the games were missing and he got this money instead. His parents were immediately worried about where it had come from and contacted us.

"With that amount of money arriving in the post, there are concerns that it might have involved criminal activity."

Police said that the PlayStation box appeared to be "slightly undone" when the boy received it.

"If we find the rightful owner of the money and they have a legitimate reason for having it, then the money will be returned to them," the spokesman added.

"If it is found to be the proceeds of crime then the courts will be able to seize the cash for public funds. However, if the ownership cannot be ascertained then this boy's family could potentially apply to keep it under the Police Property Act.

"The family does not want to be identified. They want to keep as low a profile as possible. They are a bit concerned about this amount of money turning up on their doorstep."

A spokesman for eBay said: "We have a really good relationship with the police and always assist in their inquiries. We would have given over any details from the relevant contact information. It is difficult to comment on any on-going investigation."

http://tinyurl.com/22rxl6

Back