• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mongolia, anyone?

And then there's the Death Worm

Personally, I think finding the Mongoial death worm would be quite a coup...a poison-spitting, electrocuting worm of death sounds too cool to miss...and it kills camels too!

Or is it just a rip-off from Tremors?

(Or did Tremors bring it into existence..?)

Yes,but they won't let me take a gun, and I'm not wrestling the bloody thing...

You can take as many guns as you like!

(I'm packing a Glock 9mm).

Apologies, Wastrel for ignoring this question previously -

I've sort of given up on this for the time being, due to a combination of:

1: Being out of the country for a while (not that I'm complaining)
2: Nearly losing my job and having a generally terrible time of it at work
3: Being incredibly busy at work (bah!)
4: Having free time taken up with increased music-related activity
3: Moving to a new flat and not having a computer there until a few days ago

Bit embarrassed to post this as not too exciting. Things look like they're settling down a little bit so I might get back to thinking about this again.

The trip to Mongolia is something I've wanted to do for ages, and I really started the thread to see what sort of interest there would be. And there has been - so that's great...

posted by makayavodou

do you expect to bring back? Science needs a body to recognize a new animal of any kind, let alone one who has supposedly been extinct for 30 million years. How would you attain a body? If neandertules are “people’ than killing one just to prove its there would be wrong! I don’t think your going to

they've only been extinct between 70'000 and 20'000 some people even suspect they lived as recently as 10'000 years ago
but I doubt it, a Horizon special I saw claimed that homo sapiens and Neanderthals interbred and they were absorbed into humanity.

I'm in as well if you want

Grew up on a farm in Oklahoma, now living in London, excellent shot with a rifle if needed, love camping out, and look a bit like a Neanderthall.

the mongolian death worm

just come back from the aforementioned country after 3 and a half weeks out in the gobi... the death worm? well check out http://www.extreme-expeditions.net if you got a spare minute in the future expeditions section - as for the beast itself - we'll be releasing the news soon... cheers!

I'm envisioning something along the lines of Ghostbusters crossed with National Lampoon's European Vacation and a dash of Scooby Doo.

Damn, but it would make a fun documentary

:D

Inhabitant said:
You can take as many guns as you like!

(I'm packing a Glock 9mm).
I don't think a 9mm will stop an allegorhai horhai if they are as big as they have been claimed to be... better just rely on the .30-06 hunting rifles the locals have all over the place there.

Back