• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'Monoliths' Found In Utah & Elsewhere (2020-2021)

I know were it is, just down the road from me.
130935287_849970332420331_3887270633142392822_o.jpg

As the 'monolith' craze proliferates, I find myself paraphrasing Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant Massacree:

You know, if one person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick, and they will enjoy the wonder.

And if two people, two people do it, in harmony, they may think they're both would-be artists and they won't take either of them quite as seriously ...

... and three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in, erecting a rectilinear pillar and walking out. They may think it's an organization.

And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day, I said fifty people a day walking in, erecting a rectilinear pillar and walking out. And friends, they may think it's a movement!

And another:

Monolith in Australia covered in cryptic coordinates for locations across the globe

One of the newest pillars has been discovered in Australia. It measures three metres tall and, like the others, is constructed of shining silver metal.

But, unlike the blank monoliths appearing elsewhere – this new structure is covered with co-ordinates for locations around the globe. Some of these point to landmarks while others are totally random.

The top coordinate is a brownstone building in Brooklyn, New York, while the second location is the uninhabited island of Managaha in the Northern Mariana Islands, near Guam, in the Pacific Ocean.

The monolith is situated near the Seaford Train bridge in Noarlunga in Adelaide’s southern suburb. It was first spotted at 6pm local time last Thursday.

1607949969599.png

Isle of Wight beach monolith removed and up for sale

A monolith erected on a British beach in tribute to others around the world has been removed and is up for sale.
Similar to ones in the US and Romania, the pillar sparked global headlines when it was found on the Isle of Wight off the south coast of England.
After it was found in pieces on Friday it was removed by the National Trust and has since been listed on eBay.
Tom Dunford, its creator, said he was "disappointed someone had decided to cash in on a broken monolith."

Bids on the monolith are at £730.00 to date.
Mr Dunford, 29, from Fishbourne, said he put the pillar on Compton Beach on 6 December for "fun".
He said: "If I'd have known it was going to be so epic then I would have made it from more robust materials and some good could have come out of it.
"It could have been used to raise some money for charity in an auction - that would have been the right thing to do."
(C) BBC. '20

Last edited:
Our local town centre shopping complex is being demolished, to the dismay of residents who'd like the beloved Town Clock kept. Maybe I'll just get Techy to 'shop a 'Monolith' into a photo of it!

Our local town centre shopping complex is being demolished, to the dismay of residents who'd like the beloved Town Clock kept.

I bet that posh flats ("endorsed" with a ball kickers name ;) ) are going to be built on the site. :thought:

Last edited:
I bet that posh flats ("endorsed" with a ball kickers name ;) ) are going to be built on the site. :thought:
Haha, no! We are having a bowling alley, posh eateries, upmarket shops, lots of glass, all the usual promises.

The current shopping centre has served us since the 1950s and it shows.

A stereotypical (10 ft tall; 3-sided; shiny metal) pillar has inexplicably appeared outside a bar in Fort Pierce, Florida.
Mystery monolith installed outside Florida bar

A metallic structure that appeared via unknown circumstances outside a Florida bar is drawing comparisons to the mysterious monoliths that popped up around the globe.

The Pierced Cider bar in Fort Pierce posted photos to Facebook of the 10-foot-tall metal monolith that was first spotted outside the business Wednesday morning. ...

The business said security camera footage failed to record the structure's installation.

The object bears a resemblance to the monoliths that have been spotted in various locations around the globe after the first was discovered in November in the Utah desert. ...

SOURCE (With Video): https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2020/1...-installed-outside-Florida-bar/2331608317107/

That is by far the most tastefully done of the lot.

:mcoat:

As the 'monolith' craze proliferates, I find myself paraphrasing Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant Massacree:

Little spooky coincidence: I was listening to a Podcast about The Dating Game serial killer, Rodney Alcala last night. He defended himself in his third trail, and quoted lyrics from Alice's Restaurant as part part of his weird defence. I'd never heard of it before. And today I come on here and read your post.

Sorry to go off topic.

Last edited:
Stop me, oh, stop me
Stop me if you think that you've heard this one before
Stop me, oh, stop me
Stop me if you think that you've heard this one before

Back