'Monoliths' Found In Utah & Elsewhere (2020)

Stormkhan

Disturbingly familiar
Reaction score
Cut 'n' paste/Photoshop is so much more useful to get your monolith in the news ... er ... no, but trending on Twitter/Snapchat or whatever, especially during the current UK lock down.
Were I more skilled, I'd create a whole series of "monoliths in strange but recognisable places" photos.

Then again, while I'm in lock down, I've got time on my hands.
:evillaugh:

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
You know a fad is played out when it becomes a project for bored high school students ...
High School Students Share Responsibility for Mystery Monolith in Fort Worth

High school students share responsibility for a monolith that appeared on the Trinity Trail in Fort Worth this week.

Its straight sides appeared similar to one discovered in the Utah desert, one in California and another in Romania at the end of 2020. ...

"People associate them with aliens, and hey, Jim Bob got bored in the backyard and decided to build something out of the scrap metal he's got," John Black said. "We had a blast with this."

Black owns a shop called Backwoods AutMoto in Millsap. It's where he said he worked with Millsap High School students over the last four weeks to build the monolith, which is 8 feet tall. ...

"When I first heard the word 'monolith' I didn't know what it was, so I looked it up," Kiaa Black said.

"I just think it's pretty cool," Kore Black said.

"I just think people like to experience it," fellow student Matthew Iiams added.

The group dropped off their 250-pound creation on Saturday in Fort Worth near Interstate 30 and Beach Street on the Trinity Trail. It's already gaining attention on social media. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/weird/mystery-monolith-found-in-fort-worth/2526032/

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Yeah, seems to have run it's course.

Regardless of being a bored student though, don't own up to it. The mystery element is what made it interesting, otherwise it's just a box some bloke put up.

The Banksy effect.