• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Monster weekend in Newcastle, anyone?

AnyankaJ

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Hi, newbie here! I'm having withdrawal symptoms because of the absence of an UnCon this year, and wondered about making my way up to Newcastle for the Monster weekend 1/2 September. The line-up of speakers sounds like Best of UnCon. Anybody know anything more about it?

Thanks for the reply, Gordon. I really just wanted to know if it's going to be quite UnCon-ish, i.e. worth the trip! I've been to the website, asked for a couple of tickets, and had a confirmation email. I assume there aren't actual 'tickets' but just a reservation list?

It seemed odd that nobody had mentioned it on this forum as the line-up certainly sounds great, all my favourite speakers, including yourself ;)

Edinburgh is even further to go for me (I'm in Surrey...)

Yep no real tickets just a list with names on as I understand it. As you can see from the list of speakers most have spoken at UnCon so that should give a flavour of the weekend.

Make sure you say hi!

Cheers

Gordon

Teenage daughter & I attended and were not disappointed! On the contrary, my daughter has vowed to come along to all future UnCons and similar events. I was surprised at the complete lack of interest expressed on this forum, though.

Gordon, I tried to say 'hi' but you were always surrounded by people and I did not want to butt in. Thanks for your friendly replies, and for your highly enjoyable talk on Saturday!

AnyankaJ said:
Teenage daughter & I attended and were not disappointed! On the contrary, my daughter has vowed to come along to all future UnCons and similar events. I was surprised at the complete lack of interest expressed on this forum, though.

Gordon, I tried to say 'hi' but you were always surrounded by people and I did not want to butt in. Thanks for your friendly replies, and for your highly enjoyable talk on Saturday!

Glad you enjoyed it, I know I did and everyone I've spoken to seems to have only good things to say. You should have said hi, we were all just chatting so it would have been good to put a face to a name. Next time perhaps!

Cheers

Gordon

Here's my face:

;)

Back