• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Monsters

A

Anonymous

Has anyone else ever seen a monster, creature etc?

Well, has anyone else ever seen a Demon, monster...just want to know I'm not alone, monsters, vampires, anything that is stereotypically evil?
Dragons even....or...and....or even....

A relative claims to have glimpsed the devil looking over her shoulder while she was looking in a mirror. When I asked what this devil looked like she told me it was the stereotypical red guy with horns.

When I was a teenager I had a run in with an overwhelming sense of evil. I woke up suddenly, sitting bolt upright with all my various bits of hair standing up. There was nothing to see in the bedroom except for a bit up the corner that seemed to be darker than it should have been. There was an extreme nothingness about it. I made my excuses and buggered off downstairs where I stayed until the family got up.

I don't draw any particular conclusions from this except that it was one of an odd set of experiances I had in that particular house. I didn't mention it until we had all grown up and left home but I later found out that one of my sisters had a very similar experiance in the same room.

Well, is that all the replies I'm going to get on this one!?
<Tch!:mad:

I was just about to start a thread about this very subject.

For the record, I've never seen any monsters or demons. I've had no experience with the paranormal.

And, damn it, I've really, really wanted to. Ever since I was a child, I've wanted to be a witness to a supernatural experience. My wife claims to have seen a ghost once, but she had a temperature of 103 at the time.

Evil does exist

I once saw my uncle wearing nothing but a black mess tank top. But then he ran off in to the woods.
I made casts of the foot prints he left but no one will still beleive me.

:eek:

Re: Evil does exist

Atomcat said:
I once saw my uncle wearing nothing but a black mess tank top. But then he ran off in to the woods.

And the prize for this weeks most surreal post goes to....

You know, I've read this post over and over and I understand all the individual words it's just the actual sentences that don't make any sense. Maybe it's me.

Atomcat, could you please explain it in a little more detail. Thankyou.

Cujo

Well, has anyone else ever seen a Demon, monster...just want to know I'm not alone

I take it that you have seen one then, do please tell.

I've only seen an ABC, but I consider them to possibly be an unimaginative British version of something like the South American Chupacabras, in some way.

I did, however, find this a few weeks ago:
http://www.carfaxabbey.net/spheres/reddev/

-Justin.

My gran once saw what she believed to be the devil, but she was in hospital with a broken neck at the time. It didn't look like a conventional devil; it was a glowing green man. The only reason she thought this was that there was a terrible sense of foreboding associated with it.

She remained grimly superstitious about the colour green for the rest of her life. Unsurprisingly.

But tell us...'anyone else' you say? What did you see?

I once saw what I can only describe as a Demon on the end of my bed, I was about 6/7 years old. I just awoke one night in the early hours and I was sat bolt upright, It wasn't a dream and I am certain it wasn't just sleep paralasyse. I couldn't move or make a sound 'cos of this thing stood on the end of my bed. It was about 3 feet high, dark red sheeny skin, burning eyes and a grotesque face. I could only see it by the dim light from the landing light that shon in on my bed.

The sceptical among us would say it was just a dream, but it does sound pretty alarming.

Well, I've never actually seen one but I do have a story that shows the power the mind can have over us (James'll like this one ;) )

When I was 3 or 4 we were visiting my uncle and aunt. My uncle was a forest ranger for the Ministry of Natural Resourses here in Canada. He was stationed in this one park that was on Lake Ontario. Their house was on the lake and we were all planning on going swimming. I was very excited.

My cousin, who was 5 or 6, told me to be careful because there was a devil in the backyard and she could show me. She took me to her room and pointed out the window to the backyard. I looked out and there it was! A bright red devil peeking around a tree stump.

I was frozen. I couldn't look away. I had never been more afraid in my short life (I've actually never been that scared since). She left but she told me that I'd have to cross the devil's path to get to the beach.

So I sat there watching it for what seemed like hours. But it slowly dawned on me that it hadn't moved. As I looked more closely it slowly changed to a clump of something.

Steeling all my small courage, I snuck downstairs. I creeped up to the stump, my heart pounding (I'm amazed how much I remember of this). As I got closer I saw that it was no devil....it was a red fungus growing on the tree stump.

I then happily went swimming.

I never forgave her either :D

Michael.

Liked it indeed, though I was kinda hoping it would be one
of those red devils mentioned in a link in another thread.

One slightly similar thing happened to me when I watched
for ages in horror at what appeared to be a rat-infested
black refuse bag in the alley behind my house. I could see
their tails and pointed faces as they scavenged away. The
behaiviour was so rodenty that I resolved to call the council.

It was only with the coming of the grey light of dawn that it
became clear I had been seeing just the tattered top edge of
the bag that had been ripped off a roll. As it rippled in the
breeze, it made the animal movements and its triangular
patterns had made noses and ears.

Walking at night I have also often interpreted some formation
of trees and fence or other roadside structures as a person
standing. The odd thing is the detail you can project onto such
an "honorary person": old, young, male, female, threatening
unthreatening. It's like the blobs of paint that make up a tiny figure
in a painting - when you get up close, you realise there are no
features at all!

I read recently that only something like 10% of what we experience
comes from sense data and the rest is supplied from memory and
imagination. Even so, some sense data is weird enough to keep
us in business on here for some time. This week I have seen a
lake monster and a bizarre morphing UFO. Only movies but baffling,
thank God! :)

I forgot to mension that when I actually did manage to yell to my parents, they came in just as it ran THROUGH the wall. It was an outside wall and so there were no other rooms for it to go into. I don't live there now, but I also saw what I could only describe at the time to be a Pterodactyl. My parents remember both events vividly. As do I!

...also, just out of interest. Do any of you see translucent, predator-like, figures when your in a room or anywhere alone?
When I say predator-like, I mean, sort of see through but just an outline shows. And everything that you can see bahind it is distorted and magnified somewhat. Are these things actual entities or just imagination, please tell me I'm seeing things. I'm scared of what I can't see, well I can see them, but not properly and if they stop moving, then they just blend in and you have to look really hard for them...erm...oh, I've said to much...
:confused:

Bat Alert

This story was told to me by my mother and also my grandfather and grandmother (the most down-to-earth people you could ever meet):

My mother, grandfather, grandmother and a friend of theirs were stitting in the living room watching TV at about 9pm on a winter's night. Suddenly something banged into the light-shade and a shadow crossed the room and then was gone. My mother stood up to investigate and instantly something large and black (likened to a bat but at least 18 inches across) swooped down and hit her on the back of the leg hard enough to hurt. Then the 'bat' swooped upwards and over the TV set, where it vanished. The doors and windows were all shut and all present spent some time searching the room - even the cupboards! - but there was no sign of the thing. My mother maintains that she doesn't think it was a bat, but won't be drawn on what exactly it might have been.

Interestingly, about 6 years later, my mother was reading a book in the same house when she looked up to see a large, black butterfly flapping slowly across the room. When it reached the middle of the room, it vanished.

The house belonged to my grandparents was built by my great-grandfather and apart from the two incidents above (and a spectacular display of ball lightening on the lawn in about 1950, so I'm told), no other spooky incidents occurred in the house. It certainly wasn't a scary place, although I do believe there were soldiers buried in the garden...

Re: Evil does exist

Atomcat said:

I'd also like to say that the image this conjures up is very, very frightening.

This isn't strictly speaking Demonic as such, but still, since we are talking about 'bedroom visitors'...

When my sister was about ten, we lived in a big old house in Sheffield. She had the attic room, which never bothered her at all. However, on one occasion, she woke up to see a man in her room waving at her, who vanished (her reaction is fairly easy to anticipate). The only thing she could clearly recall about him was his flat cap.

She never told us this story for years. When she did, my Dad looked a bit troubled. He'd converted the attic from its original design. On his first day there, he'd found...a flat cap.

Actually, despite the fact that this story is 100% true (as far as I trust my close family!) it sounds *exactly* like an urban legend. So no-one is going to believe a word of it.
Except...if you were to look behind you right now...perhaps you too would see...

Heh heh. I've always wanted to do that.

York BHM

When I was working at York Youth Hostel, two of us were locking up and doing the rounds of the grounds at midnight, when we both saw at the same time, a Yeti standing in a bush looking at us. After what seemed like ages we realised it hadn't moved, so went (carefully) a bit closer, and then realised that it was an illusion caused by the Moon shining through a gap in the branches. Looked convincing up to then though! For more BHM - related stuff on my part, check out the "Phantom Window Tapper" stuff I put on the Childhood Terrors thread!

Oh yeah, I once saw the Dudley Puma too, but no one I've ever told about it believes me!

odd bedroom anticks

A short while ago someone submitted a thread regarding an event which involved them waking up during the night to find a sort of window(portal) sort of floating through the room, through which they could see two men who, supposedly seemed panicked.
It was speculated that perhaps they where running some form of experiment and that something had gone wrong and that they were trying to close the "window".

I was just wondering what they looked like?, what where they wearing? what was in the room? did it appear to be present day or future?

ANYBODY?

:confused:

How did my thread go from Monsters to Bedroom antics?

Wha...!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!???!?!??!?

I'm pretty much certain there is one just down the road from my parents house, living in the forest.

I have no evidence of this whatsoever.

Well, look at some of those fish that live in the deep sea. There's some really monstrous creatures there.

Quite a few people have seen gargantuan slug in the Peak District. Allegedly.

Sheffield City Council responded by laying 80 tons of salt across the Castleton road (hands over to Ronnie Barker).

I have heard nurses describing some of the things that women
have given birth to, including babies that appear to be inside-out!

I would expect these gross malformations can be picked up at
an early stage these days. It is not an area that anyone likes to
linger on. Well, nurses after six absinthes maybe. :cross eye

Such accidents of nature do not live to terrorise neighbourhoods or
live under beds. Except maybe in Catholic homes. :eek!!!!:

DanHigginbottom said:
Quite a few people have seen gargantuan slug in the Peak District. Allegedly.

That particular creature was in Longendale wasn't it? I remember reading it had huge white eyes that spun round while it slithered across the road. Scary.

Any similar reports to this globular apparition anywhere else?

Back