• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Monsters

I started a thread like this sometime ago in a different place. You may like it, specially Wallijon and Mr. PD stories. Mind you, it's an electronics forum, but I got a bunch of interesting stuff. Here's the link:

Have you seen a monster?

Originally posted be Escargot
My BF was playing around with ouija boards and table-tipping, as you do in your 20s, and found that he and his friends seemed to have summoned something. It was a sort of black smudge which hung around the corners of rooms for a while, exuding terrible hatred. Fair rattled him.

The exact same thing happened to me and a friend when we were 13. It was black, darted behind the couch and out the other end, then just disappeared. We had barely even started so weren't even concentrating that hard. It was a case of "did you just see... are you sure... this is what I saw... ok, we're done."

We had both stopped what we were doing and followed the same object with our eyes without communication with each other verbally. We both thought our eyes were deceiving us and so asked the other for confirmation that nothing was there. And weren't happy with the answer we gave each other!

It's interesting that many of the stories here sound like the old image of an imp who is summoned by a magician to use in invoking greater demons....

Hoooo, really, Mr R.I.N.G?
So the BF could have sent off the little impy thing to fetch a big demon?
Cool.

I will grab him tonight and ask him to give a better account of what happened to share with you guys, I'm sure there's a lot more to it that I can recall.

(I wasn't there- it was before I met him. Maybe I was what he summoned.....;) )

Onix said:
I started a thread like this sometime ago in a different place. You may like it, specially Wallijon and Mr. PD stories. Mind you, it's an electronics forum, but I got a bunch of interesting stuff. Here's the link:

Have you seen a monster?
Thanks Onix. I found that very intriguing. Here's one I wrote elsewhere:
I'm not sure if this counts as a ghost story, but a year or so ago, I woke up at daybreak to see a little head on my pillow. I don't recall any more detail about (whether it had a body attached to it for example) because I immediately swatted at it and it vanished. When my hand came into contact with it I got a static shock.

Normally, I would put seeing a face on my pillow off as dream spilling over into consciousness, but are subconscious mental images projected onto reality supposed to give you an electric shock when you touch them?
Let me give you more detail. The face was the size of a baby's. It was blood red/orange-colored and reminded me of what a burn victim's skin might look like. It wasn't semi-transparent but my hand passed through it at which point I felt the shock. It vanished immediately afterwards. Oh yes, it was looking at me when I saw it. This experience was over in less than a second but it was one of the strangest fractions-of-a-second of my life. Is it possible to imagine the feeling of shock? Any thoughts?

BTW nobody owns (nor have I ever seen) a doll that looks like this thing did in my house and like I said it was solid as my hand went through it.

Not that I've ever done it, but anyone who has ever played a powerful light over a field or some such at night looking for deer or other animals knows that their eyes are definitely not red. They are a sort of green with a little yellow. Even frogs and tarantulas are greenish.

ouiji board

:cross eye
I had a board inherited from a great aunt, very old and creepy with nothing to do with milton bradley, only a small toy company from the last century.
Perhaps there is some occult aspect inherent in the design which M.B has unknowlingly adopted?

red eyes

Logan5 said:
Not that I've ever done it, but anyone who has ever played a powerful light over a field or some such at night looking for deer or other animals knows that their eyes are definitely not red. They are a sort of green with a little yellow. Even frogs and tarantulas are greenish.
Here's an experience involving red eyes.

imps

Mr. R.I.N.G. said:
It's interesting that many of the stories here sound like the old image of an imp who is summoned by a magician to use in invoking greater demons....
Yes. Like the ones described here.
I began to see small black colored creatures which I can only describe as imps. They were solid black, 1-2 feet tall and ran around on all fours. They appeared mostly in the living room and coming from the hall closet.

Hello,

I have a few monster related stories for you:

This is my best friends story:

One night, on the grey hound bus to Connecticut, my best friend spied something from the corner of her eye. She was sitting by the window and so she turned to see what was there and outside the window, seated indian style, was a creature with a long nose that resembled a birds beak, only there was a mouth underneath and a chin like an infants, not well defined.
This creature had its arms crossed over its chest. It was about twelve inches long from it's seated bottom, to the tip of its head, which was incidentally, wearing a pointy hat like the Wizard's from FANTASIA.
She said that everyone else around her was asleep, and as she stared in awe, realizing that the creature was just floating there, it suddenly took off, and passed the bus.
She never mentioned it until a mate from school who was seated two or three seats down, related her experience on that very same bus, that very same day, of that very same entity.
My best friend said she thought she was hallucinating until her mate came forward.
Interesting and freaky story, but altogether, TRUE!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my cousins story:

When my cousin A was about three, she would get up in the middle of the night, on her own, to use the bathroom.
Well, one night she got up to go and when she got to the bathroom door, she realized the light was off, which never happened because my aunt always left the light on, throughout the night, seeing as a three year old cannot reach the switch.
My cousin, being rather smart for her age, dragged her little chair from her bedroom to the bathroom and climbed upon it to reach the switch. As she did this, something slapped her hand.
Of course she jumped from her perch and ran to awaken my aunt, who checked the bathroom and found nothing out of place.
After much convincing, my cousin calmed down and again, later that night, ventured to the bathroom. This time the light was on, but when she entered to use the toilet, she saw a spindly green creature, with bulbous bluish/black eyes and talons and a tail, sitting on the toilet seat. The creature sneered at her and pointed a finger at her and wagged it in front of her as it shook it's head to indicate she could NOT use the bathroom.
Well, to make a long story short, from that day forth, she peed the bed every night, until she was seven.
She is 15 now and if you ask her about this, she barely remembers it, but when she was younger, you couldn't get her to go to the bathroom by herself if you paid her.
This is all true!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my grandmothers story

My Grandmother grew up in Cape Verde and as the oldest of five (??? MY great-grandmother adopted other peoples kids, so the number eludes me), she was always sent by her mother to buy eggs in town. So, there was this short cut that noone dared use, but the kids still tested their courage by running half way through and turning back around. Well, my grandmother, instead getting the eggs and coming straight home like she was told, stayed in town playing with her friends. When it finally dawned on her that she was in deep shite for taking too long, she grabbed the eggs and realizing that the original way home would take too long, she swallowed her fear and took the short cut.
The short cut was basically a forest of some type. Very dark and full of mystery, like most forests are, especially when you are young.
She made it half way before she heard a noise in the brush. Now, I will be the first to tell you that my grandmother isn't scared of shite. I swear. She watches horror movies at 1am, alone! She has ventured into many a haunted house herself, and seeing as I was brought up in a haunted us, whenever something occurred, my grandmother was the courageous one who outshone my uncles and went off to investigate.
But anyways, back to the story. She walked on, but the noises came closer behind her until she was sure someone was following her.
She began to ran and some of the eggs were falling out of her basket so she stopped and turned around to collect the salvageable ones and that's when she saw it: A tall dark, scaly creature, Humanoid in appearance with red eyes, rushed from the brush and confronted her.
She says to this day it was no man. It was no kind of person at all. It was a hulking creature that looked like equal parts man and salamander.
When she told me this, I could only think of a reptoid or reptilian. I had a book of cryptozoology and I showed her a drawing of a Reptilian and she agreed that the creature did look like it, except for minor differentiations, like the creature she saw had a tale and six fingers on each hand and he was almost seven feet tall.
My grandmother screamed out, 'Ai Nya Mai' which means OH MY MOTHER, and made the sign of the cross, but the creature only made a lowered its arms and closed it gaping mouth, which had double rows of teeth and turned around and jumped back into the bush.
My grandmother peed herself, dropped all the eggs and ran home.
She was punished for losing the eggs, but my Great grandmother beleived her because she knew my grandmother was never one to lie to her own mother.
And this story too, my grandmother swears is 100% true.

=============================================

This is my story

When I was four and my sister was almost two, one of my uncles gave my mother a fullsized bed for us to share, but seeing as my sister was still too small, I had the entire bed to myself.
My sister slept in a crib directly across from the foot of my bed. Every night before my parents came to turn out the lights, my sister and I would blow kisses at each other and wave from our respectable beds.
Well, one night, and I swear this is true. My sister cried and was reluctant to go to bed. She was terribly frightened and my parents had no idea why. But I had had a vage dream of hearing my sister cry in the night so I had suspected something happened.
Children can always understand each other, especially siblings. SO that night, after she had calmed down and went to sleep, I made it my duty to watch out for her, because deep down, for some weird reason I felt I had to.
That night I was awakened by what sounded like chimed or hangers clanging. When I came to, I heard faint mumbling sounds and breathing. I knew instantly something or somethings were in the room. I pulled the blanket down to my chin and as my eyes adjusted to the dark I could make out the faint outlines of what I can only describe as miniature men climbing up my sisters crib.
I could hear my little sister crying, but low as if she was too afraid to cry aloud as these things stuck their hands in through the bars and poked at her.
I must have watched for a while before I noticed one of them trying to climb up the side of my bed. I couldn't move or talk or even scream. And then the others, as if on cue, turned their attention towards me and jumped from the crib and began to climb my bed.
I thought I was going to die, but I caught a glimpse of these things. They were about 16 inches tall, with lilting, but pointy hats, long hooked noses, no lips, stocky almost chubby bodies, and smelled of incense.
They were close to my feet before my little sister screamed, " MOMMY!!!" at the top of her lungs. The things jumped off my bed and, get this, ran under my little sisters crib.
When my parents got to the room (my father first), I told him that they had run under the crib. Of course there was nothing there, but my little sister saved me that night and we talked about it for years. And GOD BLESS MY FATHERS SOUL, because whenever strange shite happened to me, he always believed me. He believed me so much that day that he removed the crib the very next morning and put my sister in the big bed with me where I had to endure three years of her sitting on my head so that she could play with her leggo people on the headboard. But that was nothing compared to being accosted by slimy little men from God knows where.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I hope this helps.
As you can see I am sorrounded by the paranormal which is why I became interested at an early age. It seems that everywhere I go, something happens or someone has a story to relate.

WW

Wonder Woman - There's a story similar in some ways to your friend's story here.

wonder woman

Your story reminded me of "The Gate" where little sinister creatures are birthed from a gate in some house, and terrorize the children. Ever seen it, if not its pretty cheesy, but I'm sure it'll bring back memories.

Bannik said:
Wonder Woman - There's a story similar in some ways to your friend's story here.
I started reading all those stories that Casio posted to that page and assumed they were all Casio's! I read about 6 of them thinking, "god, Casio certainly attracts the spooks" before realising they were all by different people. Duh! :goof:

Demon Avenger said:
To Escargot

I've always thought Ouija boards were a scary thing to mess about with, you could summon up anything. how do they work any way? do you need any skill whats the worst thing that could happen? :eek!!!!:

Any answers to this and my original question any one else.

Some friends of mine got Princess Diana with their homemade ouija board - that was scary, that was.

:rolleyes:

Demon Avenger said:
Sorry Rich we don't have deers wondering around Council estates in England in the midlands and my mother distinctly remebers a hominid and evil intent.

She does seem to think it was goldish tan in colour though, I feel it's unlikely she could of mistaken been asleep but possible though cheers. Thanks Bethean too.

You'd be surprised. Deer and foxes will come out in the wee small hours, even in the heart of a city. I have a friend in Leyton (East London) who has seen a fox in the street outside her house.

Mythopoeika said:
You'd be surprised. Deer and foxes will come out in the wee small hours, even in the heart of a city. I have a friend in Leyton (East London) who has seen a fox in the street outside her house.

well i live in tottenham in the innercity and i see foxes all the time in the early hours, and ive seen rabbits in hackney

i think this thread proves a point..
There aren't any, i like most of you, have been interested in the "paranormal", most of my life, seem all the tv shows, movies read the books, and magazines. Still i haven't had a "real" experience, with demons, ghosts, aliens hobgoblins or fairys,,,sure a few dodgy/scarey moments, mostly on the edge of sleep, (do you notice, how we see most stuff in bed), my conclusion after 34 years of "research", there is nothing but our own over active imaginations.STOP, before you dissmiss me as a sceptic, i am geniunly dissapointed that i haven't "expierenced" any of the plethora of supposed "supernatural" beings/events, but in all history, no proof has ever been shown, sceptic No, realist Yes!! Its boring and a little humbling, but we are here alone and godless!

naSTEe said:
i think this thread proves a point..
There aren't any, i like most of you, have been interested in the "paranormal", most of my life, seem all the tv shows, movies read the books, and magazines. Still i haven't had a "real" experience, with demons, ghosts, aliens hobgoblins or fairys,,,sure a few dodgy/scarey moments, mostly on the edge of sleep, (do you notice, how we see most stuff in bed), my conclusion after 34 years of "research", there is nothing but our own over active imaginations.
I have to disagree. I'm really sorry you haven't experienced anything interesting because that is just no fun at all. :)

I've experienced things while wide awake, standing up, and with witnesses. Small toys flying up in the air on their own while standing in a basement checking out a videogame, a black "thing" that darted behind a couch when we tried to play with a ouija board, a female apparation that walked right past me while I was on the phone... I can't think of anymore with direct, in the room with me, witnesses. Still, it's enough for me.

Hello naSTEe,

Truth be told, you are lucky. Really.
:)

From my experience, I can say there are three types of people:

A) The weirdly gifted ones that everyone else scoff's at, because they can see just about anything.
B) The inbetweeners who may see something every once in a great while, but for the most part, their curiousity is always peaked, even if they won't see enough in thier life time to convince them 100%, they are still aware something is in the air.
and,
C) The lucky ones. See no evil, feel no evil...they can walk through a dark room without fear...oh how I envy them.

Like I said, you are lucky!

WW

inbetweeners.

Personally, I think the inbetweeners are the lucky ones so long as their experiences aren't violent or destructive in any way. I'd do believe that's the category I fall into. I know enough to know that nobody truely knows the true nature of "monsters." NObody. Myself included. The same for fairies, angels, ghosts, etc.

fairies, angels & ghosts are real I just have my doubts about monsters (you know the kind in Buffy). That is the etheriel vs solid and tangible.

Back