• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Moon Landing: Hoaxed?

I've said it before, I'll say it again...
I reckon that it is not beyond the realms of probability that the first moon landing was a bit 50/50 whether they would make it successfully and whether or not TV pictures or movie film would work on the surface, so in order to cover their arse, they also created a 'mock up' film (in the style of 'capricorn one') that they could use if they wanted/needed to.
There's every chance that if that were the case, then that film could have got out into the public domain, and/or info regarding it's creation.
It doesn't mean that the moon landing didn't happen.

Agree totally. Moon landings 100% real. I think there’s a certain arrogance from today’s perspective that with what an average gamer would regard as a laughable amount of computing power, NASA put 12 men on the moon and they did it ( regardless of the political kudos/ aims) with incredible “can do/ will do” attitude and amazing guts on the part of those 12 men, as there was absolutely nothing that could have been done to bring them back from the Moons surface if something had gone wrong with the LEMs... it’s that attitude that so many can’t really appreciate or understand.
spot on!

I worked with the red eye and Hawk missile electronics controls (troubleshoot - repair sugest design issues etc. Point being the vacuum tube circuitry of the 70's was absolutely gigantic for a truck with 4 missiles tubes, the convoy of control electronics and radar electronics was staggering, 4 vehicles filled with electrons and controls were required..

I worked with the red eye and Hawk missile electronics controls (troubleshoot - repair sugest design issues etc. Point being the vacuum tube circuitry of the 70's was absolutely gigantic for a truck with 4 missiles tubes, the convoy of control electronics and radar electronics was staggering, 4 vehicles filled with electrons and controls were required..
Amazing!

The fact this is topic is still the subject of question, when lives were lost in the pursuit of advancing the merest of knowledge permitted to us, yet exceptionally given to us a realisation that there was more to find out... should we be bold enough...

Perhaps best if I stop right here....

:mad:

Last edited:
Ive got a 50s Space book somewhere, unfortunately cannot find it or recall the title, it states the moon flight would be a one way trip.

(I think the Soviets worked that out too).

Its this idea (was it stated by Kennedy?) of Back again.

Thats the problematic bit.

Never mind the whole fake film possibilities.
If the landing was faked and filmed somewhere just think how many people would have to be involved.
Engineers,
astronauts,
film crews,
artists,
Drivers,
military personnel,
Scientists,
Politicians,
pilots,

This would run to hundreds of people. Even at a conservative estimate.

And you think not one of those people has ever broke cover?
Not one?
You think the US government over successive administrations, successive NASA management, successive CIA administrations has been able to keep a lid on it?

THAT alone is what makes the landings unquestionably true.

Never mind the whole fake film possibilities.
If the landing was faked and filmed somewhere just think how many people would have to be involved.
Engineers,
astronauts,
film crews,
artists,
Drivers,
military personnel,
Scientists,
Politicians,
pilots,

This would run to hundreds of people. Even at a conservative estimate.

And you think not one of those people has ever broke cover?
Not one?
You think the US government over successive administrations, successive NASA management, successive CIA administrations has been able to keep a lid on it?

THAT alone is what makes the landings unquestionably true.
Honestly, that's my reasoning for a lot of conspiracy theories being false!

The Illuminati, for example; as I said to a friend of mine once, imagine the behind-the-scenes team an organisation like the Illuminati would need! All those chefs and chauffeurs and cleaners, unless you think those kinds of people cook their own breakfasts and make their own beds :chuckle:
And not one of those people has ever said anything!? Unless they're all Illuminati as well, of course :doh:

Honestly, that's my reasoning for a lot of conspiracy theories being false!

The Illuminati, for example; as I said to a friend of mine once, imagine the behind-the-scenes team an organisation like the Illuminati would need! All those chefs and chauffeurs and cleaners, unless you think those kinds of people cook their own breakfasts and make their own beds :chuckle:
And not one of those people has ever said anything!? Unless they're all Illuminati as well, of course :doh:
Absolutely. Anyone who has ever worked in any kind of an organization, or on a team project, knows that two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead. And this includes people who have signed those military confidentiality-or-we'll-come-'and-get-you agreements. Sound technicians for heavens sake. Cooks. Truck drivers. Film editors. And the enticements offered by our thankfully robust western first world news agencies are enormous. And believe me, if nothing else, as you get older you have far less interest in what people expect of you. This is why I have never heard any conspiracy theory at all that didn't make me laugh. It would be healthier for people to get their fantasy fix from creative sources that admitted they were making it up, like movies.

How many people have "broken cover" on Roswell and how many on the Moon Landings?

Surely as EnolaGaia has said the Soviets would have got someone to break cover on any faking of the Moon landing?

All those people risked so much for most of the world to eventually respond "Meh".

How many people have "broken cover" on Roswell and how many on the Moon Landings?

Surely as EnolaGaia has said the Soviets would have got someone to break cover on any faking of the Moon landing?

All those people risked so much for most of the world to eventually respond "Meh".
I could be wrong but I don’t think most of the world think ‘meh’, just a relative minority of loons.

Briefly, as slightly straying off-topic, there are allegedly other means of maintaining a cover-up. :)

I don't know if this is well known, however, it's reportely one of Bob Lazar's claims I hadn't heard and happened to come across recently:

"And when another mentions alien abductions, underground tunnels and one-world government conspiracies, he dismisses the tales as "borderline insanity."

It might sound refreshingly scientific if Lazar weren't responsible for the wildest tale of all. In 1979, he says, a military Special Forces officer inadvertently violated intergalactic etiquette by carrying a gun into a classroom occupied by several aliens and 44 U.S. scientists.

When the aliens understandably killed the officer for his bad manners, other Special Forces personnel-watching the incident on a video monitor-stormed the class room. Alas, they, too, were liquidated. And, for good measure, so were the 44 scientists.

Fortunately, the government didn't have to explain this tragedy to the public: It had wisely hired scientists who were orphans or had few family ties".

'Los Angeles Times', 6 May, 1993.

... Surely as EnolaGaia has said the Soviets would have got someone to break cover on any faking of the Moon landing? ...

More to the point ... The Soviets didn't need to "turn" anyone privy to shenanigans to gather evidence of a hoax. They had their own worldwide space monitoring network and technical capabilities affording them the ability to monitor (record; analyze; etc.) all the signal traffic to and from the Apollo missions - including the video feeds being transmitted from the moon.

They also had the technical capability to bounce their own laser beams off the retroreflector array Armstrong and Aldrin deployed at Tranquility Base.

This is why I have never heard any conspiracy theory at all that didn't make me laugh.
Same view here. My good friend, highly intelligent and blessed with extraordinary practical skills as well, believes every conspiracy theory going. I now bite my tongue and change the subject, trying not to burst into laughter, when such subjects arise.

I could be wrong but I don’t think most of the world think ‘meh’, just a relative minority of loons.
I meant more the reaction of the public after Apollo 11, rather than the, 'it was hoaxed, mob'. Apollo TV ratings losing out to sport events, etc. that may have been a factor in curtailing the programme of landings. Interest picked up on Apollo 13 because of the accident and associated drama of getting Lovell, Haise and Swigert back, but after that there was a lack of media interest.

Hopefully there is more interest now because of Artemis.

The first time I felt old was talking to some of our new graduate recruits at work, the subject somehow got on to the Moon landings and one of them asked me incredulously: "Do you remember them?" I realised none of them had been born since long after we left the moon.

I do worry about the public perception of "space" I posted elsewhere on the reaction to the Cassini Huygens mission. Huygens was barely on the surface of Titan when the reporter was asking, "How does that make you feel?" and "What's next?" with a pissed off astronomer trying to explain the rest of the mission, the data to be processed, timescales, etc.

Hubble and to some extent the Martian probes have been able to present a lot of stunning pictures as well as data and that keeps interest going, hopefully Artemis will do the same and not get called off because of lack of public interest.

Maybe a good conspiracy theory actually helps to keep things in the public interest....?

More to the point ... The Soviets didn't need to "turn" anyone privy to shenanigans to gather evidence of a hoax. They had their own worldwide space monitoring network and technical capabilities affording them the ability to monitor (record; analyze; etc.) all the signal traffic to and from the Apollo missions - including the video feeds being transmitted from the moon.

They also had the technical capability to bounce their own laser beams off the retroreflector array Armstrong and Aldrin deployed at Tranquility Base.
It amazes me to think that ’The Space Age’ is something we passed ages ago. What is equally astonishing is the fact that some people cannot or will not accept that Russia was watching this all the way there and all the way back.

No power was in a better position to knock the Moon Landings down and blow the whole thing but they didn’t.

A fact that all Apollo deniers are oblivious to is that hundreds of amateur radio enthusiasts across the world listened to the unencrypted analogue VHF/UHF transmissions from the Apollo craft. (No doubt some transmissions were encrypted, but that's beside the point.) Most of their equipment was especially designed and built for these missions, and the results written up in the ARRL, RSGB and other communications publications at the time.

These amateurs recorded signals coming from the direction of the craft, with the correct Doppler shift, polarization, path loss and propagation delay consistent with what we were being told. No one has explained how all this was faked.

Conspiracies are easy to embrace by those who have no comprehension of the detail.

I've said it before, I'll say it again...
I reckon that it is not beyond the realms of probability that the first moon landing was a bit 50/50 whether they would make it successfully and whether or not TV pictures or movie film would work on the surface, so in order to cover their arse, they also created a 'mock up' film (in the style of 'capricorn one') that they could use if they wanted/needed to.
There's every chance that if that were the case, then that film could have got out into the public domain, and/or info regarding it's creation.
It doesn't mean that the moon landing didn't happen.
I agree completely. I also wonder whether something happened, and the original photos they took on the moon didn't come out (we've all done it, put a finger over the lens) and that they re-did the photos on earth.

1643813781873.png

Leaving aside the techincal side of it, there's absolutely no way in hell this could have been hoaxed without the Soviets finding out.

No way.
And that's the point. There's no way that one of the thousands (your supposition just increased that figure) who had to know didn't go home and tell his wife/best friend/barkeep. Case closed.

I was listening to a podcast a while back by academic parapsychologists (at least one of whom I've co-authored a paper with, though we never met) who expressed more than a little positivity towards the moon landing hoax. I was flabbergasted. I was so irritated by this that I couldn't listen to the rest of the episodes. And I can't ever take them seriously again. But, maybe I shouldn't have been that surprised.

I was listening to a podcast a while back by academic parapsychologists (at least one of whom I've co-authored a paper with, though we never met) who expressed more than a little positivity towards the moon landing hoax. I was flabbergasted. I was so irritated by this that I couldn't listen to the rest of the episodes. And I can't ever take them seriously again. But, maybe I shouldn't have been that surprised.
I once met someone - very educated - who firmly believed the moon was an artificial satellite. I'd never heard of that and ended up going down a "Where'd this idea come from?" rabbit hole.

It's deep, connected to everything from Hollow Earth ideas to Soviet propaganda that sought to undermine western religious beliefs to David Icke.

I didn't disdain the fellow who talked about it though as he always brought apple turnovers into work.

I once met someone - very educated - who firmly believed the moon was an artificial satellite. I'd never heard of that and ended up going down a "Where'd this idea come from?" rabbit hole. ...

In case you're still interested in that topic see (e.g.):

Is The Moon An Artificial Structure? Claims & Theories
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...n-artificial-structure-claims-theories.43543/

David Icke & His Work
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/david-icke-his-work.4101/

Mars' moon Phobos has also been the focus of hollow / artificial moon claims.

Back