• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Moon Landing Issue: Protection From Solar Radiation

Scoobydoo

Fresh Blood
I've never been a believer in the moon landing, I believe it never happened, it was staged in a studio, some say the stars are missing, lights in photos was wrong excuse given it was taken with a wide angle lens, this distorts the image giving extra lighting, But what baffling to me is this, the space Station uses Amonia in the outer skin to dissipate the heat from inside the I. S. S . Stopping the astronauts from cooking, according to NASA the Apollo capsules used Heat resistant CLOTH to dissipate the heat from the sun (yeah Right) , but No Radiation Protection, the ISS Can't go higher because the Radiation would kill everyone. So how did a Simple shuttle In the 60's Combate this Solar Radiation?? And Heat of the Sun... So How did the Astronauts survive on the moon surface, with no Magnetic Field to Protect them, and Cloth Suits to aid them to breathe but No Protection For Radiation, Sun's Heat Which is Phenomenal. Any ideas

The Apollo astronauts were only up there for a few days. This means that they sustained a high dose, but it was within allowable limits (i.e., it was not enough to kill them). Pilots of aircraft and frequent flyers also sustain a dose of radiation.
Also, for most of the journey, they were within the extent of the Van Allen belt (i.e., not in it) and within the Earth's magnetic field, which protected them to some extent.
If we start flying further out, then we have to find a way of shielding astronauts from solar radiation (electromagnetic/electrostatic shielding).

Many of the Apollo astronauts did sustain damage from their radiation exposure that affected their health:
https://observer.com/2016/07/space-radiation-devastated-the-lives-of-apollo-astronauts/

I've never been a believer in the moon landing, I believe it never happened, it was staged in a studio, some say the stars are missing, lights in photos was wrong excuse given it was taken with a wide angle lens, this distorts the image giving extra lighting, But what baffling to me is this, the space Station uses Amonia in the outer skin to dissipate the heat from inside the I. S. S . Stopping the astronauts from cooking, according to NASA the Apollo capsules used Heat resistant CLOTH to dissipate the heat from the sun (yeah Right) , but No Radiation Protection, the ISS Can't go higher because the Radiation would kill everyone. So how did a Simple shuttle In the 60's Combate this Solar Radiation?? And Heat of the Sun... So How did the Astronauts survive on the moon surface, with no Magnetic Field to Protect them, and Cloth Suits to aid them to breathe but No Protection For Radiation, Sun's Heat Which is Phenomenal. Any ideas

At the closing stages of The Cold War, the Russians watched it all the way up and all the way down. I think they may have said something.

By the way, it’s Moon Landings in the plural.

Back