• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Drone Mischief (Harassment; Crime; Pranks; Etc.)

This awakens my old investigatory instincts.

My theory? His hearing aid is malfunctioning or has been poorly adjusted. He’s hearing noises and inferring drones.

References to “seeing” six drones are being interpolated by the hack.

maximus otter

Or he has some form of paranoia?

A deaf Schizophrenic, paranoid old duffer, I think he should buy a shotgun and kill the banelings

Has mental illness been confirmed or is this armchair diagnosing?

Black mould in his bathroom ? Causes hallucinations apparently.
(read that somewhere)

Righto - that's cracked that one. A schizophrenic with a malfunctioning hearing aid & black mould in his bathroom. Next!

Has he run out of baco foil?

All I can say is that he must have ticked someone off really bad to have six drones onto him, wonder if someone wants him out of his house for some kind of monetary gainn

Police said the man usually heard the drones from around 10pm onwards, sometimes until 3.30am the following morning.

At only ~15minutes of flight time per battery, the drone operator must have gotten dangerously efficient at charging / switching them out. :rollingw:

I'm just scanning through this thread, catching up, and... well, has it ever actually been confirmed that there was a drone at Gatwick? I've seen the news reports saying the police said there might not have been a drone - (pretty much mine and Mr Zebra's thoughts) - but... honestly, has anyone 'independent', as it were, been able to confirm that there was a drone?

I suspect the answer will be no, because any independent members of the public in the vicinity would have seen the police drones that were sent up... and therefore they'd say "yes I saw a drone" even if they didn't actually see the drone.

The whole thing is very suspicious and I am still bemused as to the reason for it. It doesn't seem to have had any lasting effects that would have been the reason for it... unless I'm missing something.

Sunday 28 Apr 2019 :

Two easyJet and one British Airways flight have been diverted following reports of a drone sighting at Gatwick. The three planes were diverted to Stansted over fears the drone could interfere with the flight path.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/28/three-planes-diverted-gatwick-drone-sighting-9332345/

Oh, police out again playing with their drones were they... :willy:

(Either that or the air traffic control system went out again and they had to come up with an excuse...)

Oh, police out again playing with their drones were they... :willy:
(Either that or the air traffic control system went out again and they had to come up with an excuse...)
Is that still going on? They need to hire a falconer.
who-would-win-thecombined-mightofthe-police-unitsinedr-andtheeltebrtisharmyunit-begun-the-3895...png
I'm sure no quip would be as galling as the reality of having an entire national airport shut down by a goddamn kid's toy.

damn! I knew that! :rollingw:

Panorama have an episode devoted to the Gatwick drone incident in which they briefly consider there may have been no drone at all.

The Gatwick Drone Attack

Only 30 mins long but still rather a lot of padding involving people complaining about missing their flights rather than getting to grips with what did or didn't actually happen.

Extinction Rebellion activists are threatening to shut down Heathrow Airport with drones.
The climate change protest group vowed to stage a one-day demonstration in June and then 10 further days in July - unless the government cancels plans for expanding the airport.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-48470623

Brief closure of Leeds-Bradford aiport today due to alleged drone sighting:

Flights at an airport were suspended after a drone was sighted nearby.

Police said they received a report of a drone flying near to the Old Ball roundabout in Horsforth, just south of Leeds Bradford Airport at 14:03 BST.

Flights into and out of the airport were halted for about 45 minutes.

BBC

Saw a smallish bird of prey (kestrel or something) hovering a few metres over the grassy area between runway and taxiing area at Brussels Airport recently. Small dark shape, stationary but for its flickering wings. Could quite possibly be mistaken for a drone if your eyesight's a bit dodgy.

Back