• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

More Vivid Dreaming During The COVID-19 Pandemic

Yesterday morning, I remembered part of a dream before I woke up.
I was walking past a couple of men who were sitting on a park bench when a small (juvenile) bear ran up to me (ignoring the men) and went in for the attack.
Miraculously, an electric cattle prod materialised in my hand and I was able to stun the bear with no injury to myself.
Then I woke up.
Have you been anxious about Ukraine lately?
Perhaps you identify with that country? :thought:

My first erotic dream last night in what must be 45 years. I've known the lady for years, although I haven't see her since lockdown and never without clothes. Trying to assimilate this as it came somewhat out of the blue. She would literally kill me if she knew.

Funny—recently I too had the first erotic dream I've had in many years. (This is not to say I was the lady in Bad Bungle's dream!)

It was also an almost lucid dream in that I was aware I could do things I didn't normally consider doing. At first I was in a rather empty looking department store, then I took a nap in a corridor near a side entrance, and when I woke of up I went outside. Once outside, I wondered if I could fly. I floated up about 40 feet, but couldn't go anywhere, so I went back down. Continuing along the dark street where I was, I entered an apartment building, and walked down a dark corridor on an upper floor until I entered someone's apartment (not the first time I've made an unauthorized entry in a dream). Suddenly, I was involved in a very vivid and realistic "acrobatic exercise" (you might say) with an anatomically correct male body. Said body was invisible.

I don't believe in demons or incubi, but I do believe in hormonal surges. It must be Spring.

A long an involved dream last night (they always are). It ended as follows:

I went to Chinese restaurant, but they put me at a table that someone else had abandoned, there were bowls of food still there. So I complained and they moved me to the roast beef and Yorkshire pudding section. I didn't like that, so I went into the back of the premises where I saw numerous live ducks on shelves.
I left through the fire door and found myself in an undulating field of long, lush grass. But by using the door, I had set off a silent alarm and a number of men dressed entirely in black appeared and started firing automatic weapons at me. I ran away, dodging and ducking the bullets and grenades.

I was at a party when The Don turned up even though no-one there seemed to know him, & immediately helped himself to the most expensive wine. The bastard.

Inspired by current events?..

My dream last night was like a film. The main character was calked Jane. Jane went to an event like a youth club disco in a church hall but there were people of all ages. She went to the loo and there was a mean girl called meredith in the loos who was an absolute cow.

Anyway Jane discovered a booklet explaining the spooky story of Claire who had died in the building and now haunted it. The event came to an end and Jane was offered a lift by Sunetra (who played zoe in Casualty but she was younger) anyway they decided to go back in to the hall and saw people sat around the table with low lighting holding a sceance. They hid so they weren't seen but John Lennon walked in and the leader of the group declared now it could begin. The girls ran out.

The vengeful spirit of Claire was unleashed. There was a huge crash on the motorway they escaped. Allsorts of final destination type events. To the point the vengeful spirit went around murdering people in their beds!

Among other celebrities in weird incarnations, I dreamt of a Sir Patrick Stewart spider. It was about ten feet wide, with the head of Sir Patrick, and it was reciting Shakespeare (don't ask me what - are there a lot of spiders in Shakespeare?).

Last night's dream was one of those weird ones, where time seems to be compressed. I woke quite early - around 05:30 and, whilst I am generally an early riser, thought I'd grab another hour's sleep.
Fell asleep again very quickly and was transported back to a part-time job I had during the Summer holidays in my student days. It was at British Aerospace in the old Brooklands track at Weybridge.
To get some fresh air at lunchtime, I would often go for a walk around the banked track and sometimes up the steep "Test Hill"

hill.png

In my dream, I was about half-way up on the right side of the track (left side in the photo above) when I spotted some movement ahead of me further up the hill.
It was a dark-tan coloured animal, which I thought was a dog at first. It ran towards me and I realised, with a start, that it was a big cat, probably a leopard, looking very much like this:

leopard.png

I stood completely still and the cat galloped past me to my left.
I turned to watch it and, as it reached the bottom of the hill, another similar leopard emerged from the undergrowth at the left to join it.

Still in my dream, I remember thinking "Can't wait to report this on the Forteana forum".
Then I woke up, with a sense of genuine loss that it was only a dream.

Oh and the time compression bit? In my dream, it felt like maybe an hour had passed whilst I walked around Brooklands and up the hill, but my alarm clock told me that the dream had lasted a mere 12 minutes or so.

I dreamt I was in a hotel room, sitting on the bed, and Maria Ouspenskaya was standing at the foot of it, muttering away. I understand she may not be very famous now, but she was a very eccentric, old Eastern European lady in Hollywood movies of the 1940s, stuff like The Wolf Man.

Anyway, she was very short in real life, but in the dream I could hardly see the top of her head above the bed. I was thinking, "I know you're short, Maria, but you're not THAT short", she must have been two feet tall.

Dream wise It had settled down bit- what I call my " other life dream" where I seem to be constantly engaged in dull domestic chores in a a small hotel type setting- laundry, bed making, table laying , floor mopping etc.

However the Crocs are back with a side order of frogs and standing stones covered in pigments Apparently thethats what our ancestors did, their stones were not dull grey rings and rows they were colourful delights according to my personal guide, who was Mike PeePee.

The stones were gorgeous shades of turquoise, rose pink and yellowy orange , about 7 foot high with holes in, were absolutely gorgeous were it not not for the prowling beasts.

On reflection, it occurs to me that this might be Mike Parker Pearson who has done a lot of work on stone henge, but to my knowledge is not an authority on Reptiles or amphibians.

My dreams are mainly vivid a recent one involved me being married to John Cusack and living in a beautiful house then he gets involved with some drug dealers and begins sampling the stuff. Next there's a big party at the house we're all laughing then JC takes umbrage and shoots a guy. I run for the front door which is all bashed in the house is looking derelict at this point with him chasing me, I'm running across gardens trying to find a hiding place but every where is flat with absolutely no cover. He catches me we're kneeling facing each other he has the gun to my head I can feel it in my dream I say go ahead I'm heartbroken anyway then he shoots himself . The gunshot is so loud I actually wake up.

In my two bouts with covid I've had the most vivid dreams I can remember having.

Maybe related to illness/high temperature etc.
Yeah had some wild fever dreams with Covid myself, does seem to be a thing with flu/Covid.

More freaky dreams

I was inLiverpool but it was as it was before Liverpool 1 was built.. trying to get to a theatre that was shiwing a play about vampires. We get there but the vampires are real bit we manage to escape and went for a drink.

I was at my parents old house. It was suddenly stormy and a hurricane started. It blew open the patio door and rain kept pouring in. we kept trying to close it the door but then i was n my dream town I've been too a few times happily shopping away.

I was in a bar and suddenly the room felt weird and I wanted to go. Trying to make our way out and others started to push out too. As we got to the door it was suddenly part of a miserable, gloomy mountain range people fell down the mountain in a huge pile. I landed on top of them. Jumped up, dusted myself off and walked away!!

Back