• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

More Vivid Dreaming During The COVID-19 Pandemic

I woke my partner with "agitated squeaking" and mumbling, apparently I was thrashing around so much he felt he had to restrain me and wake me up. I was dreaming that a frog had cornered me in the shower .

Absolutely terrified of frogs, have not ventured into the downstairs shower since.

Morning, haven't been online for a while( usual managerial crap etc at work!!!). Anyway,had a crap night's sleep,ddreamt this morning that I was in a large Manor House and there were people from work, some that left recently ( which due to the above in brackets, quite a lot). So, everyone there was talking, it was like a party/ get together. I turned around and there was a colleague that died a few years ago, I gave her the biggest cuddle going, thinking that she had just left. She walked away and a friend of mine told me that she died. I followed her and saw her meet her partner and watched the pair of them walk away, her partner very pleased to see her but obviously upset. I'm a bit confused but felt really pleased to see her.

A whole weird set of dreams.

Dreamed of the big old dog again. Similar to last time; knew I was dreaming, knew he was gone, gave him a big hug and told him how much I loved him. He was just lying in his basket, seemingly happy to see me.

Then I dreamed a dream almost like a fairy tale. I was walking through a forest with my eldest daugher, her partner and her partner's parents. It was getting dark and we knew we had to get to safety before full dark. I was hanging back waiting for my daughter, the other three had gone on ahead, when suddenly my daughter came dashing along the path, followed by a 'glow' of the sort you get when there is a light around the corner. She sort of gasped about 'the girl in the burning dress' and we all started to run, chased by the glow, which came and went as we got further ahead. We hit a made path and I thought we were near safety, and we climbed into a tower, where there was food laid out on a table, like a barbecue. The others started to eat, but then began to behave strangely and I knew the food was a lure to keep us until the glowing girl caught up with us, so I hustled them all out of the tower, down the steps and back along the path.

Then i was at a kind of awards ceremony. It was Socially Distanced, there were people there that I knew but couldn't really get to to say hello. I'd missed the actual ceremony and knew that I hadn't won anything, but was oddly on the periphery of everything that was going on. I felt very dislocated, as though I'd been late and had missed the the point of being there.

I have recurring dreams about a burning woman- usually she streams smoke and flame behind her. No idea what it means but always leaves me shaken.

It has occurred to me that this is a foretelling type of dream- that something bad is coming, but at the moment this is pretty much a given- Fires, Riots, Plague, unemployment . Every day a new crisis.

It has occurred to me that this is a foretelling type of dream- that something bad is coming, but at the moment this is pretty much a given- Fires, Riots, Plague, unemployment . Every day a new crisis.

Have you seen the "Cabin in the Woods" memes for 2020?

Sorry, it's me again. I just woke up from two dreams that have stayed with me so vividly that the 'feel important', if you know what I mean. Like my brain is saying 'remember this...'

First dream is of cars going down a flooded road towards a roundabout. I was driving, but seen from 'above'. There was a sharp left exit from the roundabout, but I was being told to go straight on. I watched cars trying to negotiate the large flood on the left hand exit and turning round to rejoin the roundabout, then cars slowing to go along a flooded carriageway. A small blue car turned completely around and headed back the way it came. I could see white lines along the edge of the flood and reasoned that my car could get through, as the flood wasn't too deep at the edge.

Then I was being shown around a house, with two other people who felt as though they had the power over whether or not the house was bought - almost like parents, but I was adult and capable of deciding for myself where to live. We were in a bedroom, the rooms were huge but very old fashioned, there was a pink candlewick spread on the bed. I said I didn't like the room and had the feeling the bed had once been at the other end. I was told that this layout gave lots of room for exercise, if I couldn't get out (which was true). Downstairs and we went through a few more rooms and the couple told me they were going out for a walk around the village to see if they liked the location. I was alone in the house, and then realised that the family who lived there were still there - a young boy went into a kitchen, which I could see was enormous and very modern. I told him he had a lovely house and he just smiled.

I walked around, opening a few more doors. Found a bedroom with an en-suite bathroom, where the door swivelled open (like one of those modern toilets) but there was no shower, only a toilet and sink. Then I went outside, to see that the house was located in a park, with a lake on which black swans were swimming. It was very quiet and rural.

The couple came back, announcing that they didn't like 'the village'. I had no real feelings one way or the other, and we walked off down a road, which felt more like a small market town than a village. I tried to get a look at the house from the outside, but could only see an old Toll House and a mixture of roofs over to my right, although I knew one of them must belong to the house we'd looked round. The town was modern and busy and a road junction led off to the left with (I think) a car park beside the road.

Then I was being taken on a walk up through fields (possibly above the town) to be shown 'the view'. I was angry because I wanted to go straight home, my dog needed a walk and we'd been gone for hours. I got very agitated and cross and we ended our walk.

Sorry about the length but the dream is still bubbling away in the back of my head as if it needs to be remembered and I've not quite woken up yet! (The house was lovely, if dated upstairs and, should I be in a position to buy it, I would in a heartbeat!)

I also still can't 'wake up' properly. Have the weirdest feeling that 'that' was my real life and what I'm doing now is a dream, or I am still asleep. I went to bed slightly later than usual, but even so I've slept for over nine hours (as I normally do), but still feel groggy and as though I am trying to work off the effects of sleeping tablets or something!

Thanks Min. I went for a run and the feeling has mostly dissipated. Out of interest I was timing how long it took for the details of the dream to leave me after waking. We are now five hours later and a lot of the finer details have vanished and I'm left with just the broader picture and some small details. Which is why I wrote it down as quickly as I could (in case it turns out to be prescient of something or another. Winning the lottery, I'm hoping...)

I also still can't 'wake up' properly. Have the weirdest feeling that 'that' was my real life and what I'm doing now is a dream, or I am still asleep. I went to bed slightly later than usual, but even so I've slept for over nine hours (as I normally do), but still feel groggy and as though I am trying to work off the effects of sleeping tablets or something!

I had a dream like that recently, I can't remember it but I had the feeling it was my other life and it actually happened and to be fair it didn't seem to be a bad life (I was drinking in a pub having a great night out!)

Last night I dreamt i was camping (that will never happen) but I wasn't me i was a little girl. We were on a hill and on the opposite hill was an old roman camp. Derelict and brown. I went to explore, even though I was told not to. As I went up the hill the camp became white and full of life. When I left and I walked back down the hill, I looked back and it was in the brown derelict state, so I tried walking back up and it went white again. So it seemed at a certain point of the hill it would change.
I went back to the were we were camping and became me again. I went to meet my friends and I was in a town and it was a if it had that feel of when a town is getting ready to close up on a sunday afternoon (I'd say 3:30). I went up some stairs and sat down in a hairdressers chair. She started to brush my hair getting it ready to braid it, when I panicked because I hadn't told anyone what I was doing and I didn't want to upset them by making them wait. So i left taking the piece of red floral material i bought.

No idea what any of that means!

Last night I dreamed that I met up with David Tennant. We were both eating in a works canteen type place (he was eating pie and mash) and we were chatting about mutual friends. He was sitting with his back to the window, and behind him I could see we were a couple of floors up, and there seemed to be a bus station with lots of coming and goings.

I should add that, to my knowledge, David Tennant and I do not have any mutual friends...

I also dreamed that my youngest daughter and I were employed to milk cows. We had to get to the farm on a bus - when we went to get off, in the middle of a town, the bus driver handed me a cigarette, which I told him I'd save for later. (I've never smoked). The farm was at the back of a shop, a greengrocers, and the cows had to walk across a shop floor in order to reach the milking machines. I was milking the cows (I used to run a herd of Jerseys, so I know how to work a milking machine) and was happy that I remembered how to do it!

I dreamt I'd become famous for saying something absolutely hilarious, cheery people were coming up to me to shake my hand and clap me on the back, etc. (Obvs a non-social distancing dream). Wherever I went they wanted to carry me shoulder high through the streets. Woke up and have no idea what the thing was I said. Being a dream it was probably "My hovercraft is full of eels" or something incomprehensible.

I was at a fairground with a friend and we went on a ride. But when it finished there was a problem so we were asked to go on it again. After some consultation. With a similar ride at the same fair. The man asked us to go on it again. This time it went backwards.

Then I needed to get to a pub because there was a leaving do. Loads of people were there. We were mainly congregating on the couple of steps between two levels near the door, by the windows. I think it was a witherspoons So we were all chatting, when some one asked if the boys had been told. Someone replied it was on the group. I said I didn't see it, which group, to which they said the main group I wasn't on it.

Then the TV was one and I recognised the background as a place I used to work (I haven't) and the CEO was talking. Then she joined the group and was talking about looking for a home for her mother who had dementia. There were a couple of suggestions, when I mentioned the one my nan went to was around the corner. The group exchanged one of those ‘looks' and I felt embarrassed. A couple of us needed to leave so we went to the bus stop. It was really busy and difficult to see which bus was coming. The buses were blue. The number 75 came up and the 3 people I was with got on it. There was just enough room. I waited for my bus but evey one was jam packed.

The bus stop was on a corner and diagonally opposite me was a church. Walking towards the church gate and towards me was a group of people, as it got closer it became clear that it was a walking funeral procession. People were dressed in black. Then a woman started to push through, she was ina wedding dress. Everyone was muttering at how rude she was to push through. But she ran into the church were people were waiting for her.

Have you seen the "Cabin in the Woods" memes for 2020?
CIW race war june.jpg

Dreamt last night that I was watching some sort of Godzilla sequel, this then became blended with realty (though this was more complex than that sounds) and I was somehow in a reality with a real Godzilla-like monster. I often dream from a "God" or "camera" point of view - where I can see everything but am not actually a participant, though this often swaps. In this case, it seemed that somehow I was in both viewpoints at the same time, so simultaneously in and out of the World at the same time.

I realised quite quickly that the monster might be hungry and rather than ignoring tiny humans it might it them like an anteater, I then had visioned of it digging through various buildings from suburban houses to huge skyscrapers, whilst I was simultaneously inside and not inside them. Schrodinger's dream?

I often have those 'dual perspective' dreams. Like I'm watching something on TV and yet acting in the film at the same time. I wonder if it's a reflection of how we feel when we watch something - if we suspend our disbelief we feel as though we are part of the action whilst still being aware that we are watching something on a screen.

So many 'watching' dreams - and it made me wonder about whether people pre-TV and cinema had dreams like that?

I often have those 'dual perspective' dreams. Like I'm watching something on TV and yet acting in the film at the same time. I wonder if it's a reflection of how we feel when we watch something - if we suspend our disbelief we feel as though we are part of the action whilst still being aware that we are watching something on a screen.

So many 'watching' dreams - and it made me wonder about whether people pre-TV and cinema had dreams like that?

Good point, I wonder if pre-TV/cinema if people had multiple "angle" viewpoints in dreams, or whether it was always from their own natural vantage point.

Good point, I wonder if pre-TV/cinema if people had multiple "angle" viewpoints in dreams, or whether it was always from their own natural vantage point.
Well Idk about camera angles, but before we got a color TV as a kid I often dreamed in black and white.

Interesting, I wonder if some people sometimes dreamt in "silent" in the pre-talkies era.

I wonder! I wonder if people had dreams where they just couldn't hear what others were saying more often? I have dreams were I can't see, and have to hold my eyelids open, I've never had dreams where I couldn't hear...

I was informed I had brain cancer and then chided by the Consultants for not taking the situation seriously. I pointed out that if I took it seriously, what would be my incentive for getting out of bed in the morning ? Besides, I didn't feel any pain - 'well no' said the doctors, 'it's only day one'. The rest of the dream was a series of disjointed scenes around the hospital on different days. It ocurred to me that these were sporadic moments of lucidity when I knew who I was and what was going on.
Very dark as far as my normal dreams go.

I had a fast zombie dream on Saturday. I was trying to get home from work on the train. I only had one more stop to make but the zombies were catching me up. Zombification was pretty instant so I was seeing people 'turn' around me..

Don't think I am ready to restart commuting somehow.

I was made redundant last week, fortunately I already have a new job to go to but I noticed that my dream that night was of being at a funeral with my old workmates. I'm quite stoic but I have noticed a change in my mental health during the pandemic, and my dreams have been wild at times. I've always wondered if there is such a thing as global consciousness and we're all connected like trees in a forest.

Last night it was a half naked man in a wheelchair, wearing a blanket.
That was me. Soz.

Yesterday I was lucidly floating about all morning sliding sweetly in and out of subconsciousness. According to the narrative, I was demonstrating to family how easy it can be. My Da was highly suspicious of my obviously unnatural capacity. He had that look in his eye like "It's noo riight!".

Then I had to wake up and go to work. I was still turning it over an hour later in the car ... well, maybe it's possible ... naaa .... but maybe.

Who here thinks bodily levitation is possible if one tries hard enough? I do. Will it and it will be.

Now, where did I leave that will...

You can record your dreams for a study if you fancy.
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...investigate-the-strange-world-of-covid-dreams
https://sites.utu.fi/mind/en/
It's very self-selecting though isn't it. I know you've got to find people who are interested and willing. But they might be the ones having the weirdest dreams?!

Or the ones who remember their dreams.

I remember a past boyfriend who swore he never, ever dreamed. Then woke up one morning absolutely astonished because he'd DREAMED! I pointed out that he always dreamed, he just never remembered it. That man couldn't remember where he put his car keys, hardly surprising that he couldn't remember his dreams.

Who here thinks bodily levitation is possible if one tries hard enough? I do. Will it and it will be.
I can do this only after eating the right food.

I remember a past boyfriend who swore he never, ever dreamed. Then woke up one morning absolutely astonished because he'd DREAMED! I pointed out that he always dreamed, he just never remembered it. That man couldn't remember where he put his car keys, hardly surprising that he couldn't remember his dreams.
I have this exact problem.

Back