• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

More Vivid Dreaming During The COVID-19 Pandemic

Clone pigs.jpg

I have had more apocalyptic dreams. Squid-like Lovecraftian monsters invade Dublin (where I was going to the cinema - please note I have never been to Dublin) and last night it was a global flood which led me to live in an old North Sea gas platform.

They're actually quite horrible dreams with lots of death and it's putting me in a bad mood.

I have had more apocalyptic dreams. Squid-like Lovecraftian monsters invade Dublin (where I was going to the cinema - please note I have never been to Dublin) and last night it was a global flood which led me to live in an old North Sea gas platform.

They're actually quite horrible dreams with lots of death and it's putting me in a bad mood.

I will relate your tale to the members of the Dublin Horror Society. If we survive our next cinema meet up I'll report back.

The DHS is back in action since 2 August: we've seen Vivarium, Unhinged, Spree, The New Mutants. We met last week to see Tenet but film projector broke down, trying again next week.

Last night I was attending the trial of a Mafia type person in the cafe of platform 1 and 2 of Preston train station.

There was uproar when said trial was going to be moved but somehow I managed to stop that happening and the accused got a fair trial as a result.

Just now waking up, at 8pm, from an overheated dream, with the premise for a new story. It is dreadful and beautiful. Finally I can sober up and get clean. Straight, all the way. It's all very clear now, the lines of my right palm, the meaning of that severe split in the lifeline. Finally an end to the yearning. Finally a solid concrete wall to dam the flood of ennui. It's over. It's begun. The axis event is upon us for good and all. They have gathered. We have gathered. O social isolation, with gratitude we bow to thee. With hearts of flame we beseech thee. Bring us home. We are home. With hearts undone we cry out in angst, yet broken apart the light streams in. Our $tatus is bestowed upon us. We are one. We are home. Our terminus awaits us. Our certainty. Our dawn. Hurry on.

Just now waking up, at 8pm, from an overheated dream, with the premise for a new story. It is dreadful and beautiful. Finally I can sober up and get clean. Straight, all the way. It's all very clear now, the lines of my right palm, the meaning of that severe split in the lifeline. Finally an end to the yearning. Finally a solid concrete wall to dam the flood of ennui. It's over. It's begun. The axis event is upon us for good and all. They have gathered. We have gathered. O social isolation, with gratitude we bow to thee. With hearts of flame we beseech thee. Bring us home. We are home. With hearts undone we cry out in angst, yet broken apart the light streams in. Our $tatus is bestowed upon us. We are one. We are home. Our terminus awaits us. Our certainty. Our dawn. Hurry on.
SKINNY!

Lemme guess... You're a Victorian? If so, only 4 days until they start easing up buddy, hang in there.

God no. But I can smell it from here.
*snort* lmao, seriously I'd say if you think Victoria's bad you should come stateside. We have more covid per square foot than anywhere on the planet. While one of covid's worst side effects is brain damage, but given who's catching it, you can't tell. Me? I'm taking early retirement in the back woods until the madness blows over. It's gonna take a while, as I think that batshit insane may be my country's default setting these days.

Thuoght this was over.... but last night, interrupted sleep, woke about three,wide-awake, pottered round for an hour or so, went back to bed, deep dreaming sleep.

Dreamt I was in a job - unspecified, but felt like the one I do now. A large animal, I thought a big dog, climbed over my back and let go. By which I mean it crapped all over me. Semi-solid, semi-liquid, I felt it as a hot smelly gush and immediately felt unclean. didn't smell anything but the smell was inferred:, especially from the groans of duisgust of all around me (a large unseen crowd). A girl I know - worked with her about eight years ago and remember her as being extraordinarily pleasant and likeable (attractive in her way, but I understood Sarah to be gay, no response sought or returned, and no attraction presumed) - she expressed sympathy and said I should go with her as she knew somewhere I could clean up.

She took me to a nearby building - a big old place, I guessed "hotel" - and said I'd find a bathroom here. A severe butler-like type gave me the choice of the servants' quarters or Madam's personal bathroom. I met Madam - forties, blonde, attractive, upper-class, shrewd, sympathetic to me - was sent up a lot of flights of steps, wondering why in a place as upmarket this nobody was concerned about me dripping with dogshit and presumably stinking. but found a bath.

Realised I was in Madam's bath despite trying to find the servants' bathroom. After a while I realised I was not alone - Madam and Sarah joined me in there - the bath was a lot bigger than I thought - and seemed unaware of my presence. Tried to look inconspicuous while they talked, aware two visibly attractive naked women were there - and heard them discussing Sarah's romantic dilemma - a man not the one she sought (me) was crazy about her, but this was getting in the way of the man she really wanted to be with, how did she let the unlucky one down easily?

Remembering despondance - "so that's how it is, silly to think otherwise" - and dressed, feeling thankful somebody had cleaned my clothes. One of the wisest and most intelligent looking cats watching me, a look on its face saying "I know what is really going on!"

On the street - opened my car door but it rolled away, getting out of my control, and I was too late to stop it crashing into a parked car in front - then back into the previous building where some sort of theatrical performance was taking place. Realised it was interactive - as the dialogue was spoken, there was a cupboard on the wall with a large puzzle in it, where the corresponding words were painted on interlocking wooden pieces - had to locate the right piece as the words were spoken and retrieve it. I ended up with a set of wooden slabs on the floor in front of me, propped up against the wall. Then realised the second half of the puzzle was puttnig them all back again in the right order. Utterly unable to do this bit.

Found a stack of A3 papers with inexpert artwork on them - people summing up what they thought about my current workplace. Uniformly negative and went down through a long stack. these fell out of the window. I went downstairs to retrieve them to bring them back. They'd fallen into a puddle, still in their big thick stack. I hoped they'd dry, looked at the building from outside for doorways - and then the butler figure came to me and accused me of theft of Madam's artworks..... woke up...

Most intricate and longest dream I've had in ages!

Last edited:

Sounds like an Ash Ra Tempel lyric.

"One of the wisest and most intelligent looking cats watching me, a look on its face saying "I know what is really going on!"

Cats have been one of the most widely-reported and irritatingly ambiguous symbols in dreams for the whole of recorded history.

It either means you are blessed, or cursed, have health concerns, are proudly independent and creative or feeling vulnerable.
Or of course you just like cats.

Is this happening to anyone else?

It must be something to do with living in a state of heightened crisis awareness, maybe extra adrenaline in my system, but for the last couple of weeks I've been having dreams that are far more vivid than usual. When I wake up I'm often gasping and it takes a few seconds for the visuals to recede into a sensible background.

Last night it was a half naked man in a wheelchair, wearing a blanket. The night before it was two women speaking French.

Almost lucid-dreaming standard of clarity! I'm not sure I like this...

I remember reading about the theory that dreams balance out the real activity, hazards and drama we experience when awake. So if one is in lockdown, being tranquil and doing mundane things then our dreams could balance that with full on drama and technicolour nightmares. Conversely, in times of actual mega-nastiness (eg if we are prisoners of war, fleeing conflict, engaging in warfare etc) many people's dreams are more mundane and tranquil.

I must be living in a permanent bucolic paradise then, as for many years my dreams are 3-D IMAX surround sound sci-fi mega blockbusters with strange storylines! My daily medications plus menopausal temperature issues don't help.

I must be living in a permanent bucolic paradise then, as for many years my dreams are 3-D IMAX surround sound sci-fi mega blockbusters with strange storylines!
I am so envious of you.

I am so envious of you.

I wouldn't be, I sweat buckets and wake up more knackered than when I went to bed!

Last night it was mutant dalek-like things that were silent, threatening attack on people in robes, then gangsters round a table smoking long cigarillos with my OH, whilst I was mistrusted because I was too smiley and talkative and then we zoomed off in a weird but cool sports car... and that was just 2am's offering.

Last edited:
So if one is in lockdown, being tranquil and doing mundane things then our dreams could balance that with full on drama and technicolour nightmares.

But I haven't been in lockdown. I've worked the customer-facing day job all the way through, and my life has continued much as normal. In fact, I realised during the deepest days of lockdown, that my life was actually slightly improved by not being expected to go out and about and meet people.

Thuoght this was over.... but last night, interrupted sleep, woke about three,wide-awake, pottered round for an hour or so, went back to bed, deep dreaming sleep.

Dreamt I was in a job - unspecified, but felt like the one I do now. A large animal, I thought a big dog, climbed over my back and let go. By which I mean it crapped all over me. Semi-solid, semi-liquid, I felt it as a hot smelly gush and immediately felt unclean. didn't smell anything but the smell was inferred:, especially from the groans of duisgust of all around me (a large unseen crowd). A girl I know - worked with her about eight years ago and remember her as being extraordinarily pleasant and likeable (attractive in her way, but I understood Sarah to be gay, no response sought or returned, and no attraction presumed) - she expressed sympathy and said I should go with her as she knew somewhere I could clean up.

She took me to a nearby building - a big old place, I guessed "hotel" - and said I'd find a bathroom here. A severe butler-like type gave me the choice of the servants' quarters or Madam's personal bathroom. I met Madam - forties, blonde, attractive, upper-class, shrewd, sympathetic to me - was sent up a lot of flights of steps, wondering why in a place as upmarket this nobody was concerned about me dripping with dogshit and presumably stinking. but found a bath.

Realised I was in Madam's bath despite trying to find the servants' bathroom. After a while I realised I was not alone - Madam and Sarah joined me in there - the bath was a lot bigger than I thought - and seemed unaware of my presence. Tried to look inconspicuous while they talked, aware two visibly attractive naked women were there - and heard them discussing Sarah's romantic dilemma - a man not the one she sought (me) was crazy about her, but this was getting in the way of the man she really wanted to be with, how did she let the unlucky one down easily?

Remembering despondance - "so that's how it is, silly to think otherwise" - and dressed, feeling thankful somebody had cleaned my clothes. One of the wisest and most intelligent looking cats watching me, a look on its face saying "I know what is really going on!"

On the street - opened my car door but it rolled away, getting out of my control, and I was too late to stop it crashing into a parked car in front - then back into the previous building where some sort of theatrical performance was taking place. Realised it was interactive - as the dialogue was spoken, there was a cupboard on the wall with a large puzzle in it, where the corresponding words were painted on interlocking wooden pieces - had to locate the right piece as the words were spoken and retrieve it. I ended up with a set of wooden slabs on the floor in front of me, propped up against the wall. Then realised the second half of the puzzle was puttnig them all back again in the right order. Utterly unable to do this bit.

Found a stack of A3 papers with inexpert artwork on them - people summing up what they thought about my current workplace. Uniformly negative and went down through a long stack. these fell out of the window. I went downstairs to retrieve them to bring them back. They'd fallen into a puddle, still in their big thick stack. I hoped they'd dry, looked at the building from outside for doorways - and then the butler figure came to me and accused me of theft of Madam's artworks..... woke up...

Most intricate and longest dream I've had in ages!
Dayum, with a bit of work, that's a movie.

"My hovercraft is full of eels"
I may have mentioned this before, but working on a major project in SW London, I was tasked with putting together a PowerPoint induction presentation for all the new workers on the project. We had many various languages on the project and I was asked to float in a “Good morning and welcome” in a variety of languages.
Most of our Eastern European workers were Polish, Rumanian, Bulgarian, Lithuanian and Latvian etc. Not one Hungarian. I did as I was asked but with the addition of "My hovercraft is full of eels" in Hungarian, in best Monty Python tradition. I had to get a Hungarian barmaid I know to translate it.
After a few months I let one of my colleagues in on the secret who, being a Monty Python fan found it greatly amusing...and shared the secret with anyone and everyone. It reached the bosses ears and I got a ticking off and told to replace it.

My dreams are getting weirder and more vivid by the night:

Last night I was in a parallel world with a steampunk vibe to it. Bits I can clearly remember are that many of us were in a pretty ill-kept prison that looked easy to escape from; we just left through the wire fence on to the adjacent railway. But we had been warned and as soon as we escaped, guards arrived from all over, even coming down super-long rope ladders, so we just popped back into our enclosure – though there was never any sense of impending doom or fear in all this. Hey ho.

I was going through customs at a low-tech airport (well, it's a steampunk-ish world!) and we couldn't quite work out where we were flying to, but I think it had the airport code MVN and was in Southern Ireland or northern France. But we weren't allowed to board the plane because the woman I was with claimed to be the heir to the throne where we were flying from, so we were taken aside...

Fire engines and police cars had a plasticky-toy-like look to them and couldn't be driven in a straight line at their top speed of around 30mph or so and just wove all over the road... and finally I was talking to a woman called Judy or Suzie about my dream, and she asked me whether I was doing the 'assessed course'. I asked whether this was in the dream world or the real world, as I wasn't doing an assessed course in the real world. And then we discussed living in houses above a railway line, and how bad the vibrations would be if you lived there.

What in the flip was all that nonsense about?

It's a mad world at present and this would seem to be reflected in my unconscious wanderings...

Back