• Server Outage Announcement

Hello, Everyone.
    We will be installing an update to XenForo (the forums software), and doing some server maintenance.
    Consequently, the forums will be unavailable from about 12 - 2 MDT / 2 - 4 EDT / 6 - 8 GMT on Sunday 9th May 2021.

More Vivid Dreaming During The COVID-19 Pandemic

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I've always been a vivid, full technicolor dreamer.
The night before last, I had a dream I was watching a documentary about a lost ship that was rediscovered, and found to have been sunk by some means other than the suspected.
Queue a whole slew of evidence, testimony, records etc, that were all entirely fictitious in the dream.
It was quite remarkable in that it seemed to be an amalgam of several other such things I had seen, but didn't actually cite any of them.
I even remembered the name of the ship.
It doesn't exist.
What was the name?

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Had an actual nightmare last night, my old Scoutmaster had got into the house and was a giant of a man (in the dream). He was getting very belligerent, and demanding to speak to me and my sister too, she was upstairs. I ended up holding him off with a stick as I yelled at her to phone the police. I always had my suspicions about the Scoutmaster, though he was never arrested or anything. Why he popped up to terrify me in my nightmares now I don't know - shouldn't read the news before bed, it's getting scary.

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
Last night I dreamed that Princess Louise had died. (Yes, I am well aware that there isn't one, it's either Princess Charlotte or Prince Louis). I remember being shocked, thinking how hard it must be to lose such a little girl and wondering if Will and Kate would have another baby now.

And another dream in which I had a rat which had learned to clap on command. It would sit on my shoulder and applaud whenever someone came into the room. It also had long hair Princess Leia style buns...

I really need to lay off the cheese...

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Last night I dreamed that Princess Louise had died. (Yes, I am well aware that there isn't one, it's either Princess Charlotte or Prince Louis). I remember being shocked, thinking how hard it must be to lose such a little girl and wondering if Will and Kate would have another baby now.

And another dream in which I had a rat which had learned to clap on command. It would sit on my shoulder and applaud whenever someone came into the room. It also had long hair Princess Leia style buns...

I really need to lay off the cheese...
We do have Lady Louise Windsor, Prince Edwards eldest daughter.

Lady Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten-Windsor is the elder child of Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, and Sophie, Countess of Wessex, members of the British royal family. Wikipedia

Ascalon

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
A repeated motif in my dreams lately has been thinking I hear, or hearing and not being able to answer, a knock at my front door.
I think it is around the fact that I have applied for a few jobs lately, while actually being officially self employed.

I'm wondering which option as actually opportunity knocking.

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
We do have Lady Louise Windsor, Prince Edwards eldest daughter.

Lady Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten-Windsor is the elder child of Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, and Sophie, Countess of Wessex, members of the British royal family. Wikipedia
It was definitely a princess and definitely a small child, in my dream. I think I was thinking of Charlotte but the name Louise was uppermost in my mind, for some reason.

I do not wish anyone dead, royal princess or otherwise.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
Atrocious and very vivid dream-sequence in the early-daylight hours of this morning . . .

I was sent to a distant neighbourhood to visit the "Academy of Music." I approached - on foot? - from a zone of nondescript housing etc. I saw, looming ahead of me three vast, palatial buildings. The style was art nouveau, with every window crafted in an organic, irregular style, somewhat like oyster-shells. I asked to be directed to the Academy of Music but the street-folk of that area were stricken with addictions: drink and drugs had caused them to grow long sacks from their necks. Essentially, they were like polythene bags of vomit. In some cases, a stream of puke seemed to have been frozen in mid-flight, remaining to be carried through life by the victim.

I found that I had to pick my way between the dead and dying on the pavement.

"Academy of Music, Pal? Good luck with that!" A young man barged across my path but I was not his target. Brandishing a scalpel, he ripped open the vomit-sack of a prone and gasping victim . . .

There was a lot more but I am glad to say it has faded away. I wish this episode had gone with it! :oops:

NomDeGuerre

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
I had the most bizarre dream in which I was on an ocean liner travelling from Liverpool to Naples, when we sailed over an unexploded bomb that had embedded itself in the North Sea floor. There was a tense conversation as to whether passing over it could encourage it to detonate, but thankfully the voyage passed without incident.

bugmum

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
My colleague reported a dream in which she went to bed and pulled back the covers to discover the body of a woman whose limbs had been removed, bleeding everywhere. The colleague said she was trying to apply pressure on one wound at a time, which caused increased spurting from the other three wounds...

Mr. Banooka

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
My colleague reported a dream in which she went to bed and pulled back the covers to discover the body of a woman whose limbs had been removed, bleeding everywhere. The colleague said she was trying to apply pressure on one wound at a time, which caused increased spurting from the other three wounds...
Sounds like a Monty Python sketch.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
I had the most bizarre dream in which I was on an ocean liner travelling from Liverpool to Naples, when we sailed over an unexploded bomb that had embedded itself in the North Sea floor. ...
That's incredibly bizarre, given the fact there's no North Sea route that would get you from Liverpool to Naples ... :thought:

:evillaugh:

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
This morning I was in a garage or engineering shop. The owner had a chimp which liked to take photos on a one million pixel camera that looked very like an ipad. It also wore glasses. It got up on the roof, sliding down but avoiding dropping to the ground by hanging on to the gutter as a group of schoolchildren passed below. It then saved the owner who went looking for him & similarly slid down the roof, by grabbing hold of his arm.

Possibly connected/inspired by my getting my 2nd Covid vaccine dose today?..

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
I was in a room, like a restaurant but very dark and upstairs, with my parents and several others, when my phone rang. I answered it whilst unpacking bags and arranging things in the room, very aware that everyone was listening in. It was a call from a well-spoken man who, in my past (in my dream life) had had a bit of a 'thing' for me. He was telling me that he was about to move to America and wanted me to go with him. All I had to do was say the word and we could move to the States and live a fabulous life (he was very wealthy). I briefly entertained the idea - all whilst running up and down narrow dark stairs, looking outside, where the scene was reminiscent of a French town square in summer. I was thinking back trying to remember the man and I could only get very brief images of him, but I could remember some of the things we'd done and places we'd been together.

Then I started finding excuses for not going with him. He was batting them all down. I looked down to see my little dog at my feet, and I said 'I can't go, I can't leave the dog' and hung up the phone.

I don't often have memories in dreams of places and things that I've never done in real life, but I had a memory of this man. Quite odd.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
In my dream, Laurel and Hardy made a comeback, it was a mixture of watching them in an old newsreel and in real life. They drew crowds, but it was apparent they were all really scared of the duo, because Stan was too thin, and Ollie was basically The Blob from that old horror movie, both very jolly but maybe like what their zombie versions would be.

Meechyemoo

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
Last night I dreamt i was driving down a road, in my head it was the A5 between Tamworth and Atherstone, but narrower and Leafier. The car I was driving was a big black taxi and the steering wheel was on the left.

As I was driving the screen was misting up with a mixture of red and green, the person in tge car with me was trying to get me to talk in to the screen that was on my right. I caught sight if me and I had a chauffer cap on and my hair in a pony (very rarely wear my hair up) and I looked like I did 15 years ago (thinner!!) And my suit was grey and dark too big. I grinned and then looked back st the road.

Nothing amazing but just a bit odd