• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

More Vivid Dreaming During The COVID-19 Pandemic

I was watching a county-level cricket match being played indoors in an area that included a bar and in a building that had large glass windows.
What a delightful recipe for dream disaster!
I love dreams! :D

I tend not to sleep well and wake several times a night. Often, if I’m not working the morning, I will wake and get up and feed my cats and go back to bed. Usually these few hours of sleep in morning give me more interesting dreams.

The other morning, I dreamt that there were many girls (me included as we were all younger, maybe teens and twentysomethings) who were readying for some type of competitive costume party or performance. I had on some gown type of dress with a long coat overtop; others had different styles of dress. I really didn’t notice any of them as I was too concerned in finding what I was going to put together to see much of the others’ actions in the dream. Lots of excitement and chatter is all I know.

It was then my turn for my performance and I badly lip synced the song as I had no clue what the words were. No masks at all and no concern about the huge group gathering! Just lots of fun. Then my alarm went off. It was quite a nice dream to awake from.

My mom, who is in her mid eighties, relayed a dream that she had last week. She had a bit more description to it, but the part that I remember her telling as, to me it was very interesting in the obvious symbolism, was as follows: she was getting ready to go to the doctor to receive a shot. She could not remember what the shot was, but knew it was not the COVID shot. As she is trying to figure out why she is at the doctor’s office and what type of shot she is to get, she is directed into the office. There she sees the doctor who is crippled (her wording) and lying on the floor.

My mom does not look for symbolism in anything, so I did not say anything to her, but I was quite surprised by her description of the doctor. As I would read it, the symbolism is clearly relaying how covid has crippled the abilities of the medical professionals. Incredibly spot on.

I woke in the small hours from a dream of a car crash.

I was travelling as a passenger in a car, with a man driving. I'm not certain if it was a friend or one of my sons. We were chatting and laughing as we drove along (which probably rules out Son 2, because I am white knuckle passenger with him). We were in a line of a couple of cars, and pulled out to overtake both of them. The one in the front was a van, and I saw the driver do something as we passed and I said 'did he just stick two fingers up at us?'

The perspective then switched slightly so that I was above the car I was in and looking down on the scene from the bottom left hand corner as if it was filmed from a drone. There was a tractor and trailer in the road, taking up three quarters of the lane. We hit the trailer and then I had the feeling of being thrown up into the air. I could see my male companion beneath me, also ejected from the car, and I knew that landing was going to hurt.

I remember hitting the ground, half on the road and half on a sort of earth bank at the side of the road, in that state of numbness that often follows a really catastrophic injury, and saying 'are you all right?' to whoever it was with me. Then I woke up.

I have warned everyone I know about overtaking and tractors today.

Light seems to be a big thing in dreams at the moment. They seem to be taking place as the light would be in the early hours of a summer morning.

A couple of night ago i dreamed i was in bed and big brown spider fell on on the bed. I shot out of bed for real, squealing, a bit surprised the room was a bit darker than a few seconds ago. I used the phone light to check for spiders, thankfully there were none and went back to bed.

The other night I dreamed I was in my parents old house (they only moved 2 months ago and due to covid i haven't seen their new one). As I went up the stairs there was a man on a ladder coming down from the loft. There was a bit of "who the heck are you?" between us. I went into what was my parents old bedroom and he was telling me to get out. And he kicked my dog. I was so mad I pushed him. But then I woke up and panicked and had to check on the dog to make sure he was ok. He was fine.

Last edited:
I had two, very clear dreams last night. Another one in a car, this time definitely my son driving. I was half-lying in the passenger seat, very relaxed, but wondering why his headlights seemed so dim and how could he see to drive? The lights were only just dimly illuminating passing hedgerows as we drove down a country road. I was telling him that I was usually nervous of his driving (he does tend to go quite fast, in my defence!) but I was feeling very relaxed now. We did discuss the dim headlights, but then they seemed to get brighter. We drove up a little lane and there was something bright red, about the size of a sheep, beside the car (we get a lot of sheep on the roads up here), but we squeezed past it. Then we were driving fast, behind an old fashioned red car with a Just Married sign on the back and I was slightly relieved because it meant we'd have to slow down a bit! My son's car is red in real life as well as in the dream, so this dream had a lot of red in it.

The other dream involved my ex husband (again! He's cropping up a lot). I was sorting through furniture in a dark, hall-type room. He came in and asked what I was doing and I told him I was dividing up the furniture to take what I wanted. He slid a big white table out from in front of me and told me he was having that - if we were dividing up it was only fair that he should choose some. I remember being surprised in the dream, as it hadn't crossed my mind to ask him. I then grabbed a huge, old fashioned sideboard and told him he could have whatever he liked, but I was keeping that! I felt vaguely ashamed and slightly embarrassed that I hadn't even considered giving him a choice as to which furniture he wanted.

Last night I dreamt that someone who I really don't want to come back into my life arrived at my house (well, in my garden to be exact). Except like most of my dreams where I'm "at home" it wasn't what my house or garden looks like, but I digress.

She wanted to be friends again and forget all the things she'd done in the past and the way she'd treated me. At first I didn't want this, then I thought, well, I'll give it a try. But she soon showed her true colours. I told her "I guess you escaped the genetic problems I have" and told her about my disability need to often use a wheelchair. She replied that "oh I use a wheelchair too, it's handy when you want things" - as if indicating that I only use it to get sympathy or something. Typical her, always putting me down. Then I told her "well come in and see <my husband's name>". We went inside, Mr Zebra had some folded up money (like £10 or £20 notes I guess) on the table; this woman tried to steal it thinking I wasn't looking.

I was beginning to realise she was no different from the last time I saw her, and I knew how to get her really angry. I somehow knew in the dream, that she was no longer with her husband (even though I have no knowledge of this in real life) so I told her "you're just like <her husband's name>" as I knew that would rile her. There was also something about her making me late back to work after my lunch but I can't really remember the details. The overriding feeling was that the moment she was back in my life she was making things difficult.

That's all I can remember though, cos the alarm clock woke me up. I most certainly didn't want that one to come true so I made sure I didn't tell Mr Zebra until after we'd had breakfast.

I dreamed I was at the airport with my mother once again, she looked young and healthy, in her mid 30s maybe, as in my previous dream she asked "where's your father?" once again he was outside the terminal building and, as previously I told him mom was waiting, he too looked young and healthy.

They walked through the gate into departures, just through the gate they both stopped turned to face me and waved

felt very sad on awakening and for much of that day.

Catastrophe dreams last night, very vivid and horribly realistic.

Was driving with a friend in an underground car park. He didn't brake fast enough and drove straight into a Volvo Estate, one of the old fashioned really boxy ones. This pushed the Volvo forward so that it crashed through (and I mean through, it made a Volvo shaped hole) the car parked in front of it.

Was at the coast in a storm. A crowd of us heard that a building further up the coast had been demolished by the storm, so we all ran up there to look. A house was basically just wreckage. Then we were told we all had to evacuate - I was looking for my friend, searching through the crowds being pushed onto buses. I ended up in charge of two little girls who were getting left behind and had to shout to everyone to slow down and not leave these girls.I knew we were basically going to have to live on these buses from now on, for some reason.

Then another dream but very similiar to the last one. I met a guy I used to work with and he was travelling alone, on these buses. We decided we'd get together and travel together, but I needed to find my previous travel mates to tell them. It was all a confusion of crowds, lots of transient people being moved from place to place to avoid The Disaster (the nature of which I never divined).

Last night I dreamed there was something tickling my right ear. When I looked, there was blood pouring from my ear. I could feel its hot stickiness and see it all down my face and half way down my neck.

I have to add that the dog was in the bed with me and it is not inconceivable that she was licking my ear at this point.

Also, I'm getting these dreams down so that if I end up in a car crash with an injured ear, you can all nod wisely and say 'she told us so'.

Had a very weird dream in the latter part of last night.
It seemed to be a semi-lucid dream, in that I was aware that I was dreaming, but I didn't have full control over what happened and the dream swept me along in a series of changing scenarios.
In one though, I had the wherewithal to set myself the target of finding a mirror, as I couldn't ever recall seeing my reflection in a dream before. I then found myself in a large room - felt like some sort of refectory, with dull yellowish walls and full of rustic bare-wooden chairs and tables - and with a large mirror on the wall.
Staring into the mirror, the reflection did exactly what a reflection should - blinking, smiling and turning their head when I did the same.
But, the reflection wasn't me.
The reflection looking back at me was of a diminutive and very pale Asian woman - Japanese or Korean I would guess, wearing old-fashioned clothing.
With a shock, I woke soon after.
Couldn't help wondering if, somewhere in the far East in the 19th century, a slightly bewildered woman woke up and told of a bizarre dream in which she appeared to be a tall, slightly swarthy, occidental man.

Last edited:
Last night I had a lucid dream which, unfortunately, didn't stick with me sufficently for me to remember any details other than that I tried to 'call' someone into the dream (and failed) and that I was very impressed with my mental ability to create a pavement of very smooth marble. So it wasn't a particularly vivid dream - although I am sure it was at the time!

More subconscious bonkersness over the last two nights:

Last night in the most vivid (and really, really bonkers dream) I was walking around the edge of a lake, partly in the water which was a few feet deep. We got to a table and chairs on the bank, which were also partly underwater. On one of the chairs was some clothing, which then filled out with the ghost or zombie form of Terry Wogan!! He proceeded to tell us that for the last four years he'd tried to ensure that the fishing lake would not be sold! Hey ho.

In another dream I was trying to take photographs of a miniature railway – about a foot gauge and with wooden sleepers – and had to buy some film for my camera... from the local police station. Failing to be able to take pictures is a recurring theme in my dream but in this dream I at least managed to take some. And being an analogue camera, it had a viewfinder rather than a screen on the back.

There was also a drive along the south coast, parallel to the sea, driving from east to west. Waves were about 15-20ft high but there were people surfing...

The night before I dreamt I was on my bike when a car went through a red light at a junction, just missing me before it crashed head on into another car. The errant car was a pale blue Hillman Imp convertible with the registration DON 121G. What a load of old nonsense!

I dreamt I was in college and because I didn't have a desk or any paper, I wrote my notes on the carpet. On leaving the room, Joss Ackland putting on a "comedy" Yorkshire accent caught up with me to tell me I would be reprimanded: for fighting the radiators.

Has anyone else ever had an exhausting dream?

Last night I had a strange one. We were at home (Mr Zebra and I) and I felt something happening to me - can't remember now what it was but I think it was something like feeling water dripping onto me, like a leak from somewhere above. I was quite stressed by it and Mr Zebra came over to me and said not to worry, I'm just dreaming. So I pinched myself and for some reason this caused more distress (quite a lot actually), then the same thing happened again - the stressful thing (possibly water dripping on me), Mr Zebra telling me I was dreaming, me pinching myself to wake up and the ensuing distress this caused...

... and on and on it continued in some bizarre loop several times over until I suddenly woke up. I then got up to use the bathroom and I could barely get there; I was physically exhausted from the dream.

And as soon as I awoke, the specifics of what was bothering me in the dream became unobtainable no matter now hard I tried to think about it, hence why I can only say I think it was something to do with water.

EDIT: just reading this back to check for errors and remembered that the part of my body that I was pinching was my inner left wrist below the thumb. Which is the exact place that a bone subluxed earlier this evening causing me severe pain until I managed to shimmy it back into place (it is now strapped up). Which is probably not related, but... who knows.

My dream last night was exhausting and nightmarish and also so horribly vivid and realistic that it fits in one of several sub sections!

I dreamed I woke up and could hear noises from downstairs. There was light showing under the door. I got up, slammed the door open and dashed downstairs to find two men burgling my house. They were carrying boxes of things about, quite unconcerned at my sudden appearance. I got my phone out and dialled 999 (it worked, surprisingly, but there was no dial tone, just a voice saying 'police'), and a woman arrived, a la Vera. The men had gone but left the stuff. Detective looked in the box and picked out what looked like a huge shard of dark glass, and I told her that was what they'd been stealing, because I don't have anything else worth taking.

Then one of my sons and a daughter turned up. They were being very reassuring, but I was puzzled as to how they knew to come. My son told me that the police had called them. I lay face down on my bed, and noticed that it had a red bedcover with a bleach stain in a semi-circle.

It was all so vivid and real seeming, despite the fact that the house was not my house. It was like a house I lived in 30 years ago, and which I'd dreamed of earlier in the night (where I'd dreamed I'd sort of 'beamed in' to the garden of the old house and was climbing over stuff to get out, working on a 'I was looking for my cat' story in case anyone saw me). It was so real and nighmarish that, when I woke up with the usual gasp, I had to get up and go downstairs in order to make myself believe that I hadn't been burgled in real life.

Zebs- refefnce exhausting dreams- i have recurring ones where I am working in some dort of small hotel as a general hand- mostly laundry and scrubbing related. I wake up knackered. Oddly I have not had one of these since Lockdown.
I do have a lot of colourful, vivid dreams at the moment, the most recent one involving strolling down to the river through a gentle glen. i am with my partner and there is a path through loads of Hydrangeas in blue and cream, but there is something moving through the tress and shrubs and suddenly a couple of Orangutans pop up and join us on the beach. Complete nonsense, but very real and stayed with me all day.

I checked- there are no Orangs living wild in Cornwall

Zebs- refefnce exhausting dreams- i have recurring ones where I am working in some dort of small hotel as a general hand- mostly laundry and scrubbing related. I wake up knackered. Oddly I have not had one of these since Lockdown.
I do have a lot of colourful, vivid dreams at the moment, the most recent one involving strolling down to the river through a gentle glen. i am with my partner and there is a path through loads of Hydrangeas in blue and cream, but there is something moving through the tress and shrubs and suddenly a couple of Orangutans pop up and join us on the beach. Complete nonsense, but very real and stayed with me all day.

I checked- there are no Orangs living wild in Cornwall

Very interesting, and odd that you haven't had that dream since lockdown. Does it (if you'll permit me to ask) in any way, relate to what you 'do' in your waking life?

Your other dream with the hydrangeas and orangutans sounds quite charming :)

Like a lot of people at the moment, my dreams are just so vivid and cinematic! It’s like our brains are trying to provide stimuli that we aren’t able to get in waking life under the current circumstances. Usually my dreams are less memorable.

At some point between 4.30am and 6 am, I was dreaming about trying to catch an Underground train to Paddington Station, and being stuck somewhere like Edgeware Road (except it wasn't). The train didn't come, and when it did it was shunted off to another line, and the person I was with was getting worried about making our Paddington connection. Very random.

Had a great dream about being served tray with a large plate of fresh fruit salad, lots of pomegranate, and a big wine glass-shaped bowl of some creamy dessert to go with it.

The bowl and plate were each garnished with a massive black spider which, I was assured, were edible.

I was remarking to Techy that while it all looked scrumptious I wasn't too sure I could bite into the spiders when I woke up.

At some point between 4.30am and 6 am, I was dreaming about trying to catch an Underground train to Paddington Station, and being stuck somewhere like Edgeware Road (except it wasn't). The train didn't come, and when it did it was shunted off to another line, and the person I was with was getting worried about making our Paddington connection. Very random.

Reminds of a radio play I heard yesterday!

I had a fun one last night. Among the cast was the husband of a woman who had ignored me earlier in the dream. He was somewhat hairy and had no clothes on. Fortunately, he wasn't facing me. He was carrying on a conversation with all the other people in the dream.

I took a brief nap this afternoon and had a wild one.

Most of the details are sadly gone, but I seemed to be some sort of antiquities collector, specializing in Egyptian mummies. I had numerous skulls/mummified heads. I was moving (from house to house, as one does) and there was one I wanted to keep in my house right up until I moved completely.

I shut the locker doors that held the rest of the skulls/heads/gems/geodes and the lockers turned into this amazing bookshelf/cabinet. All of this was on the grass, next to the street. I hoped no one would steal the bookshelf (damn, I kind of want it in real-life too).

So I'm carrying the decapitated, mummified head of some Egyptian pharaoh back to the house and I feel like it's cursed (go figure). There are two ways to get up to the walkway that leads to the house and one of them has some kind of shrine you need to walk under/through. I thought it would be a bad idea to take the cursed head through that.

Thus endeth the dream.

I had two very vivid dreams last night - in the first I was a primary school teacher (a job I have the utmost admiration for and absolutely no desire to do in real life). We had planted lots of hyacinth bulbs which were coming up and flowering and I was wondering if we could cut one of the bulbs up and use it to look at and show how plants store energy.

In the second I was in the Outback in Australia. I was warned against going somewhere because the bull was lying in the way. When I went outside there was, indeed, a big shaggy bull, a bit like a Highland, lying outside a shed. Then a woman came along, very tanned and Australian, she was a vet, and I have a feeling I was there with an animal which needed treating.

Many of the details vanished on waking, but I remember being very impressed when I woke at the level of detail my brain had created!

The theory that Covid has meant big changes to life and work patterns which have meant better or longer sleep, doesn't work in my case. I've worked outside the home throughout the whole thing, in my normal work pattern.

It was dead people this morning. I was dreaming about being at the funeral of a former teacher of mine, who died early this year, sitting with my sister and her friend, and a friend of mine who died a number of years ago - except that she was almost as I remembered her from school, whereas the rest of us were older. Another teacher who also died a few years back walked past in the aisle, and I was confused because I knew he was dead. Then my friend and I - it all got a bit garbled - were kidnapped, then escaped, then had to figure out where we had been held, and it involved the London Underground. For somebody who doesn't live in London, I dream about those tunnels an awful lot...

My father (died 10 years ago) was very much alive and with both legs, but a bit too old to be driving. My brother and me were in the back of the car pointing out convenient places to park up but he kept driving past them - which meant quite a walk back. Scene switched to a family friend (currently in her 80s) who was then in her early 30's and a really stunning blonde. She was also over 8 feet tall and when I confessed I'd never realised how elegantly tall she was, she seemed delighted and started bouncing on the spot to see if she could reach the ceiling.
No idea.

I overslept this morning. I don't have to be up early for any particular reason, but I just couldn't seem to wake up, so it seems my brain was trying to alert me to the world outside.

I dreamed that my daughter was driving a car with me in the backseat. We rounded a corner a little too much in the middle of the road and a car was coming around the corner the opposite way (I could see its headlights, and wanted to warn my daughter (who doesn't drive at all in real life) abou oncoming traffic, but being a good mother I stayed quiet). There was a moment of kerfuffle, as my daughter braked and pulled hard to the side of the road and the car drove around us with much beeping of horns. The oncoming car was made of wood, very boxy and flat, like the cars made for toddlers to play with on play mats.

The strangest thing is that we were driving on the wrong side of the road.

I subseqently dreamed that I was walking out of my house and there was someone waving to me from the grass verge opposite, in an urgent 'hurry up' sort of way. I think my brain has been trying to get my attention! I do have work later, but not until six o clock tonight - I am not going to be late by any stretch of the imagination!

Back