• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

More Vivid Dreaming During The COVID-19 Pandemic

I dont have precognitive dreams about disasters and news events.

However Id be foolish not to make a record somewhere when I have the suggestion of one.

So I just woke with a slightly pounding heart.

Bare details - Busy crowded setting. Like a rail station.

A boy slides into the gap at the side of a moving walkway. Feeling of horror that he's been caught /mangled in the mechanical gears.

Police, mechanics, staff come running from different angles. Some are uniformed with firearms. Then I realise with greater horror it's because something else is happening. Its a terror attack. Some men in the crowd are shooting people.

What I've just described will NOT literally happen. But maybe something that looks like it will. ‍♂️

Making predictions from even successfully precognitive dreams is another thing I've never managed to do. But I have an inkling of how this may play out in real life, if it does. Regardless of any lockdown i do anticipate being in a crowded public space this weekend. There's an illuminated night time outdoor exhibition at the waterfront here which has been attracting stimulation starved crowds I believe. I was intending to check it out myself. Best guess ..there'll be a minor accident witnessed involving some kid arsing about with one of the displays and a flurry of activity at the scene.

I'll be wrong again. See if I'm not.

Weirdly during the week I relived in a huge amount of detail a night in my life which I had forgotten about. What triggered it, I've not worked out yet, but it's the first time such a dream event has happened to me.

It was over 30 years ago. Girlfriend and I were staying midweek in January or February at a Victorian vicarage in Derbyshire. It had been converted into a small private hotel and a very elderly couple were running it. We were the only residents that night. Can't remember it's location but it was in a pretty remote spot and I can't even remember how we came across it. Treated to an enormous evening meal, we retired to bed and the couple's 2 Persian cats decided to join us. I would guess the room had hardly changed from Victorian times. Original furniture, including a huge book case filled with old books, large 4 poster opposite a floor to ceiling arched window, and a real fire with a gigantic brass fireguard.

What was strange was how I relived that night almost as though I'd been thrown back in time. It had started to snow - a real heavy Derbyshire snow and I watched through the window snow falling rapidly. I could hear the grandfather clock in the hallway ticking away and chiming softly, and the fire crackling, and the cats purring laying across the huge pillows. I could smell the burning wood, the furniture polish, and the old copy of Macbeth I was half heartedly trying to read. I sensed the totally gorgeous girlfriend (wholly out of my league but not the current Ms Petes so don't tell anyone) curled up next to me in the very subdued lighting. I remembered waking up in the morning feeling quite deflated that the night had ended, and the weird thing was I woke in "real" life with that exact feeling.

Quite why I plucked out of my memory that long forgotten night I don't know. Most of my remembered dreams are pretty convoluted and really make no sense. Something must have triggered it, but I don't know what. Strange what the brain can do to you.

I got my first jab yesterday. One of the expected side effects is that the next day you feel utterly exhausted like you've just run a marathon. I don't have that, just a really sore arm (also expected with Moderna) but....

I had at least two separate dreams last night which involved me being so physically exhausted that I literally could not get out of bed. There were plenty of other things in those dreams, but I remember so vividly trying to lift my head up for a solid couple of minutes, couldn't, then just laid back down (in the dream).

Covid dreams, meet Covid vaccination dreams. :D

I've just had two dreams that terrified and exhausted me. In the first I was in a flat with two young men. (I'd fallen asleep listening to Talking Til Dawn podcast and, in the dream, I'd set out to find the people making the podcast). I'd walked to this flat, past a school and across a road, I remembered that much. The next thing I 'remembered' was coming to in this flat with the two men. I was sobbing and saying over and over 'I can't remember what happened last night, how did I get here?' and one very young, very skinny man in a black T shirt being totally unconcerned and just laughing. Then the other man threw a box of yellow condoms at me, even though I was pretty sure sex hadn't been involved. It was a horrible tiny flat with two beds pushed into corners. I ran out and down the lane and found the main road, trying to work out how to get home....

And then I dreamed that I was back in my old house. My children were all there, all aged about 8-14, so were my brother and my ex husband and his parents. We were trying to go out for the day but everything was totally disorganised - ex had to plug in the video camera to charge up (it was one of those huge, old fashioned ones) on the landing. People were saying 'I've just got to have a shower' and the faffing about was driving me insane. I was lying on the floor trying to plug in more objects to charge and a man in a scarlet robe walked along and I looked up at him and said 'It used to be like this all the time you know, sometimes twice a day.' He just smiled.

Then I went into my bedroom. My mother was in there, with my brother as a little boy, even though my brother, as an adult, was in the next room. My mother was confused as to why she was there and looking after a little boy. I was terrified, and horrified, and dashed out of the room pulling the door shut, into the next room to tell my brother that 'quick quick, he had to come and see!'. Grudgingly he came with me back into my bedroom, where the bedcover was humped, obviously from two people hiding under the covers. I pulled the cover back quickly to try to show him my mother and himself as a boy but....they were gone. There was nothing plumping out the covers. He believed me, but I kept saying 'you saw there must have been someone under the covers, right?'

The frustration of trying to organise people to get out of the house and the level of horror at seeing my (deceased) mother and my brother has he had used to be. woke me up.

@catseye, @staticgirl
Have you 2 been watching 'Life Below Zero' (DMax & Discovery ch) Sue Aikins has a sort of pet feral fox on that :)
No, not seen it. The fox in my story isn't really a pet, it's three legged fox that was hand reared. My heroine is going to take it to a sanctuary. Foxes do not make good pets (unless they've been specifically bred to be a pet, like in Russia). They can be domesticated a little, but don't really understand humans.

No, not seen it. The fox in my story isn't really a pet, it's three legged fox that was hand reared. My heroine is going to take it to a sanctuary. Foxes do not make good pets (unless they've been specifically bred to be a pet, like in Russia). They can be domesticated a little, but don't really understand humans.
Sues fox lives wild but is always outside waiting for her when she comes out and follows her about, its pretty sweet.

I had my second sleep paralysis dream last night totally horrible it even woke me missus up.
Just something utterly evil chasing me around a very old house dim light banging doors windows etc.
Ended up trapped in a room hiding behind an old sofa and just waiting for IT to get me

I've not seen that programme but you do sometimes hear of people making unusual connections with wild foxes. It sounds lovely.
This is where Sue lives, approx 350 away from the nearest other human

Screen-Shot-2014-04-16-at-12.30.37-PM.png
AE_Life_Below_Zero_Sue_Aikens_walking.png

Son No 2 was up before me the other morning - most unusual, so I jokingly asked him if he'd had a nightmare.

He looked at me and coolly replied, "Yes, actually, I did." (Mothers just know!)

In his nightmare he was consorting with Satan and all the little demons, who were trying to get him on board an elevator that only went DOWN, if you catch my drift. Apparently he was resisting their enticements; how out of character!

Son No 2 was up before me the other morning - most unusual, so I jokingly asked him if he'd had a nightmare.

He looked at me and coolly replied, "Yes, actually, I did." (Mothers just know!)

In his nightmare he was consorting with Satan and all the little demons, who were trying to get him on board an elevator that only went DOWN, if you catch my drift. Apparently he was resisting their enticements; how out of character!
What enticements were they using?
"We have central heating in every room"
"It's a non-stop orgy down there, mate"
"You can do whatever you like - nobody will stop you"
"There's no harp music down there"

What enticements were they using?
"We have central heating in every room"
"It's a non-stop orgy down there, mate"
"You can do whatever you like - nobody will stop you"
"There's no harp music down there"

This just sounds like his halls when he goes back to Uni...

He didn't elaborate on the inducements. I got the impression he was re-enacting the elevator scene from the end of Ashes to Ashes, for afficianados of that series.

I had my second sleep paralysis dream last night totally horrible it even woke me missus up.
Just something utterly evil chasing me around a very old house dim light banging doors windows etc.
Ended up trapped in a room hiding behind an old sofa and just waiting for IT to get me
This sounds like dreams where people are being chased by their Muses. When they neglect their creative work, they have nightmares like this. Do you have any creative interests or pursuits you haven't engaged in lately? Your Muse may be out to get you!

This sounds like dreams where people are being chased by their Muses. When they neglect their creative work, they have nightmares like this. Do you have any creative interests or pursuits you haven't engaged in lately? Your Muse may be out to get you!
Ah now that's interesting. Both myself and Ms Petes have been having nightmares, both being unable to pursue our interests over the months. Hopefully things will change shortly. Thanks for posting that IN.

Morning ibisnibs and wow you’re right I prepared some painting boards a while back and have not been in the art room (box room) since I can remember being really keen to get started on them as well.
In there now painting don’t want another nightmare like that one

Last night spent much dream time searching for credit cards missing from my wallet. Had to check first thing this morning - everything still there, none missing.
Incidentally I clearly remember this dream was in colour.

Last night I dreamed I'd gone back to my childhood home to visit my dad, who was living alone (in reality, he died ten years before my mum, who lived on in the childhood home with my brother and his wife).

We sat in the living room and he told me about his 'army pal' who he'd known in the, well, in the army when he did his National Service, and who'd recently moved in to a house nearby. Then we went out into the garden and he was telling me about a conversation he and his pal had been having, which was something to do with butterflies. I was slightly taken aback, my dad was a very solitary person and given to not really having friends, in fact finding talking to people he didn't know acutely painful. So I was startled by this change in my dad. I went up to him as he stood where, in real life, they'd had apple trees planted in the garden but was flower border in the dream and I threw my arms around him and hugged him. At which it was his turn to seem startled. I told him I was worried about him living on his own and worried about him falling (he was diabetic). He just laughed and told me that he wasn't alone, he'd got his 'army pal'.

So I just stood back and looked at him. He looked as he had before he got ill with the diabetes, very hale and suntanned and clean shaven and quite fit, and I told him that he looked well and he was clearly fine.

Then I woke up. I wasn't filled with feeling of either sadness or happiness as I often am when I dream of my parents. It was more a kind of frowning puzzlement, because of the way my dad had gone on about his 'pal' (I don't remember him using that word in real life). But I had an audio book running (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows) which could have seeped into my consciousness - I will have to relisten and see if the word 'pal' occurs in that! But very glad that my dad is looking fit and well and being sociable on the Other Side!

Hi catseye maybe his army pal has just passed away and didn’t have any living family and your dad just wanted some one to know that he is okay now.
I worked with the old lads who had done national service who still talked fondly of their (oppo) I think they were called

I have always experienced vivid dreams , often recurring and with some inner logic or continuity. More recently they have become more frequent and bizarre. Most recent one involved me being a member of a secret organisation dedicated to saving small dogs from ruthless owners who want to dress them up and exploit them on social media. It involved punching people who were wearing lot of makeup, stamping on cell phones and generally being stroppy. We all had really big handbags for the dogs.

I may have some anger issues.

I dreamt ivwas at the end of a beach. It was a ok beach and I've dreamt if it before but never been there in real life. I was walking along the beach up by the the edge furthest away from the sea. The water was a lovely turquoise colour but it was cold and grey weatherwise because we were wearing coats. This couple popped up along side me and talked about how unusually far the sea had come in and it was a shame because he was going to sleep on the beach and he was concerned he would have drowned.

I've got a massive.project at work thst is durme to go live soon and there a few last minute bits, I think this was summing it up!!

I've always been a vivid, full technicolor dreamer.
The night before last, I had a dream I was watching a documentary about a lost ship that was rediscovered, and found to have been sunk by some means other than the suspected.
Queue a whole slew of evidence, testimony, records etc, that were all entirely fictitious in the dream.
It was quite remarkable in that it seemed to be an amalgam of several other such things I had seen, but didn't actually cite any of them.
I even remembered the name of the ship.
It doesn't exist.

Back