• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

More Vivid Dreaming During The COVID-19 Pandemic

I've always been a vivid, full technicolor dreamer.
The night before last, I had a dream I was watching a documentary about a lost ship that was rediscovered, and found to have been sunk by some means other than the suspected.
Queue a whole slew of evidence, testimony, records etc, that were all entirely fictitious in the dream.
It was quite remarkable in that it seemed to be an amalgam of several other such things I had seen, but didn't actually cite any of them.
I even remembered the name of the ship.
It doesn't exist.
What was the name?

Had an actual nightmare last night, my old Scoutmaster had got into the house and was a giant of a man (in the dream). He was getting very belligerent, and demanding to speak to me and my sister too, she was upstairs. I ended up holding him off with a stick as I yelled at her to phone the police. I always had my suspicions about the Scoutmaster, though he was never arrested or anything. Why he popped up to terrify me in my nightmares now I don't know - shouldn't read the news before bed, it's getting scary.

Last night I dreamed that Princess Louise had died. (Yes, I am well aware that there isn't one, it's either Princess Charlotte or Prince Louis). I remember being shocked, thinking how hard it must be to lose such a little girl and wondering if Will and Kate would have another baby now.

And another dream in which I had a rat which had learned to clap on command. It would sit on my shoulder and applaud whenever someone came into the room. It also had long hair Princess Leia style buns...

I really need to lay off the cheese...

Last night I dreamed that Princess Louise had died. (Yes, I am well aware that there isn't one, it's either Princess Charlotte or Prince Louis). I remember being shocked, thinking how hard it must be to lose such a little girl and wondering if Will and Kate would have another baby now.

And another dream in which I had a rat which had learned to clap on command. It would sit on my shoulder and applaud whenever someone came into the room. It also had long hair Princess Leia style buns...

I really need to lay off the cheese...
We do have Lady Louise Windsor, Prince Edwards eldest daughter.

Lady Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten-Windsor is the elder child of Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, and Sophie, Countess of Wessex, members of the British royal family. Wikipedia

A repeated motif in my dreams lately has been thinking I hear, or hearing and not being able to answer, a knock at my front door.
I think it is around the fact that I have applied for a few jobs lately, while actually being officially self employed.

I'm wondering which option as actually opportunity knocking.

We do have Lady Louise Windsor, Prince Edwards eldest daughter.

Lady Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten-Windsor is the elder child of Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, and Sophie, Countess of Wessex, members of the British royal family. Wikipedia
It was definitely a princess and definitely a small child, in my dream. I think I was thinking of Charlotte but the name Louise was uppermost in my mind, for some reason.

I do not wish anyone dead, royal princess or otherwise.

Atrocious and very vivid dream-sequence in the early-daylight hours of this morning . . .

I was sent to a distant neighbourhood to visit the "Academy of Music." I approached - on foot? - from a zone of nondescript housing etc. I saw, looming ahead of me three vast, palatial buildings. The style was art nouveau, with every window crafted in an organic, irregular style, somewhat like oyster-shells. I asked to be directed to the Academy of Music but the street-folk of that area were stricken with addictions: drink and drugs had caused them to grow long sacks from their necks. Essentially, they were like polythene bags of vomit. In some cases, a stream of puke seemed to have been frozen in mid-flight, remaining to be carried through life by the victim.

I found that I had to pick my way between the dead and dying on the pavement.

"Academy of Music, Pal? Good luck with that!" A young man barged across my path but I was not his target. Brandishing a scalpel, he ripped open the vomit-sack of a prone and gasping victim . . .

There was a lot more but I am glad to say it has faded away. I wish this episode had gone with it! :oops:

I had the most bizarre dream in which I was on an ocean liner travelling from Liverpool to Naples, when we sailed over an unexploded bomb that had embedded itself in the North Sea floor. There was a tense conversation as to whether passing over it could encourage it to detonate, but thankfully the voyage passed without incident.

My colleague reported a dream in which she went to bed and pulled back the covers to discover the body of a woman whose limbs had been removed, bleeding everywhere. The colleague said she was trying to apply pressure on one wound at a time, which caused increased spurting from the other three wounds...

My colleague reported a dream in which she went to bed and pulled back the covers to discover the body of a woman whose limbs had been removed, bleeding everywhere. The colleague said she was trying to apply pressure on one wound at a time, which caused increased spurting from the other three wounds...
Sounds like a Monty Python sketch.

I had the most bizarre dream in which I was on an ocean liner travelling from Liverpool to Naples, when we sailed over an unexploded bomb that had embedded itself in the North Sea floor. ...

That's incredibly bizarre, given the fact there's no North Sea route that would get you from Liverpool to Naples ... :thought:

:evillaugh:

Just because it's not economically feasible, doesn't mean it's impossible!
liverpool to naples.jpg

This morning I was in a garage or engineering shop. The owner had a chimp which liked to take photos on a one million pixel camera that looked very like an ipad. It also wore glasses. It got up on the roof, sliding down but avoiding dropping to the ground by hanging on to the gutter as a group of schoolchildren passed below. It then saved the owner who went looking for him & similarly slid down the roof, by grabbing hold of his arm.

Possibly connected/inspired by my getting my 2nd Covid vaccine dose today?..

I hope I have dreams like that when I get my 2nd dose!:D

I was in a room, like a restaurant but very dark and upstairs, with my parents and several others, when my phone rang. I answered it whilst unpacking bags and arranging things in the room, very aware that everyone was listening in. It was a call from a well-spoken man who, in my past (in my dream life) had had a bit of a 'thing' for me. He was telling me that he was about to move to America and wanted me to go with him. All I had to do was say the word and we could move to the States and live a fabulous life (he was very wealthy). I briefly entertained the idea - all whilst running up and down narrow dark stairs, looking outside, where the scene was reminiscent of a French town square in summer. I was thinking back trying to remember the man and I could only get very brief images of him, but I could remember some of the things we'd done and places we'd been together.

Then I started finding excuses for not going with him. He was batting them all down. I looked down to see my little dog at my feet, and I said 'I can't go, I can't leave the dog' and hung up the phone.

I don't often have memories in dreams of places and things that I've never done in real life, but I had a memory of this man. Quite odd.

In my dream, Laurel and Hardy made a comeback, it was a mixture of watching them in an old newsreel and in real life. They drew crowds, but it was apparent they were all really scared of the duo, because Stan was too thin, and Ollie was basically The Blob from that old horror movie, both very jolly but maybe like what their zombie versions would be.

Last night I dreamt i was driving down a road, in my head it was the A5 between Tamworth and Atherstone, but narrower and Leafier. The car I was driving was a big black taxi and the steering wheel was on the left.

As I was driving the screen was misting up with a mixture of red and green, the person in tge car with me was trying to get me to talk in to the screen that was on my right. I caught sight if me and I had a chauffer cap on and my hair in a pony (very rarely wear my hair up) and I looked like I did 15 years ago (thinner!!) And my suit was grey and dark too big. I grinned and then looked back st the road.

Nothing amazing but just a bit odd

Having had endless often sleepless nights recently with bizarre nightmares when I did sleep, on Friday I managed to get a half decent sleep. Only to wake to an excited Ms PeteS who informed me that I had asked her to marry me during the night. Thinking on my feet (which I'm usually good at) but still half asleep, my response was that I had not been dreaming about her and she must have dreamt it herself - which of course was not well received. I got the " very disappointed in you" look, which girls seem very adept at expressing. Not that I got any confirmation that she had or would have accepted. Beginning to doubt my sanity now.
One wonders if the little old lady apparently looking at my photo knew what was going to happen and was having a good giggle at my expense. Life is unpredictable sometimes.

To answer the original question, yes I have had more vivid dreams, most likely because I've been getting more sleep due to having zero commute!

This morning's "treat" was a trip to Paul McCartney's rickety New England mansion, where he tried to convince me of the merits of his new invention, a sports bottle designed specifically to hold vegetable soup.

To answer the original question, yes I have had more vivid dreams, most likely because I've been getting more sleep due to having zero commute!

This morning's "treat" was a trip to Paul McCartney's rickety New England mansion, where he tried to convince me of the merits of his new invention, a sports bottle designed specifically to hold vegetable soup.
Is it designed to reject anything that has meat in it? A vegan sports bottle.

I had some horrific dreams last night. I dreamed that I was in a zoo; the tigers had broken out of their enclosure and were trying to get to us. We were holding a door shut, barricaded inside another enclosure. Someone was carrying an orang and we were debating whether to throw it to the tigers to try to distract them. I had my daughters with me and put eldest daughter, plus a half bottle of vodka, into a small narrow crate, like a champagne box, with an injunction to 'look after your sister'.

When I woke up there was a feeling of terror and doom which hung over me for a good ten minutes. I had to get up and go downstairs to make sure I was properly awake.

In another dream, which I don't remember all of, I was eating something, but having to spit out little pellets of rubbery stuff that had been in the food, into small pots. A young child was watching me, and I thought 'all he's going to remember of this day will be watching an adult spitting into pots'.

I hadn't heard about a tiger in US streets and had to follow up on Iris' post.
The tiger was a pet of a suspected murderer living in Houston, Texas:
(This should probably go in Out of Place Animals thread, but here goes.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/05/11/tiger-houston-victor-cuevas/
"Private ownership of exotic animals in Texas has bedeviled animal welfare advocates for decades. The state is among just a handful of areas that have both lax regulations on exotic animal ownership and a climate hospitable to such animals."
"In April, police seized a white Bengal tiger and other exotic animals in Mercedes, Tex., during a drug raid. In 2019, police rescued a tiger that was discovered inside a cage in an abandoned home in southeast Houston. The tiger was placed in a sanctuary outside of Dallas, according to law enforcement officials. Other Texas incidents of tigers that were seized or euthanized after an attack date back more than two decades."
:( Amazing how selfish people can be when they want to look tough.

On the tv today there was footage of a tiger wandering around the streets somewhere in The U.S. Had you seen that before you went to sleep?
No, I hadn't had the TV on at all that day. Just co incidence.

I had an ultra-vivid dream last night of having to watch my partner be disembowelled and skinned by an invisible force.

It was truly awful.

Alright, this one takes the cake....

I dreamed that I found a belt-like thing and when I put it on, I slowly started to transform into a giant rooster. The problem is that the rooster part of me was evil and would go around and slap people to death with his (my?) wings as well as peck people to death.

I was appalled at first, but then started to get into it (in the sense that this was a "parasite" and it worked its way into my head) and rationalized things, made sure I appeared "innocent" after another killing, etc.

Now, I wasn't the rooster all the time, it sort of manifested once in a while, then settled down and I was my normal self. Me being me, I was in the basement doing laundry and was speaking with my sentient laundry chute. Yes, yes, I know. Anyways, the part of the chute that was sentient was this long collapsible foil duct-work that I was pulling my laundry out of.

At some point, I realized that the chute was going to trap me to get the belt off of me. I was able to remove the rest of my laundry without getting trapped by it and the chute understood that it had been defeated so collapsed back into the wall.

I suddenly got the notion that it was trying to help me, so I asked it what was going on....

My sentient laundry chute felt it lived a boring life, so gave me the belt that turned me into a giant killer rooster on occasion, hoping that I'd take the chute with me on adventures. Sadly, its plan had misfired and I agreed to get rid of the belt.

Sort of "Venom" meets Eli Roth's "Clown" with a smattering of "Pee Wee's Playhouse", if you think about it.

Alright, this one takes the cake....

I dreamed that I found a belt-like thing and when I put it on, I slowly started to transform into a giant rooster. The problem is that the rooster part of me was evil and would go around and slap people to death with his (my?) wings as well as peck people to death.

I was appalled at first, but then started to get into it (in the sense that this was a "parasite" and it worked its way into my head) and rationalized things, made sure I appeared "innocent" after another killing, etc.

Now, I wasn't the rooster all the time, it sort of manifested once in a while, then settled down and I was my normal self. Me being me, I was in the basement doing laundry and was speaking with my sentient laundry chute. Yes, yes, I know. Anyways, the part of the chute that was sentient was this long collapsible foil duct-work that I was pulling my laundry out of.

At some point, I realized that the chute was going to trap me to get the belt off of me. I was able to remove the rest of my laundry without getting trapped by it and the chute understood that it had been defeated so collapsed back into the wall.

I suddenly got the notion that it was trying to help me, so I asked it what was going on....

My sentient laundry chute felt it lived a boring life, so gave me the belt that turned me into a giant killer rooster on occasion, hoping that I'd take the chute with me on adventures. Sadly, its plan had misfired and I agreed to get rid of the belt.

Sort of "Venom" meets Eli Roth's "Clown" with a smattering of "Pee Wee's Playhouse", if you think about it.

Attachments

• fogleg.jpg
    fogleg.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 9
Back