• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

More Vivid Dreaming During The COVID-19 Pandemic

Alright, this one takes the cake....

I dreamed that I found a belt-like thing and when I put it on, I slowly started to transform into a giant rooster. The problem is that the rooster part of me was evil and would go around and slap people to death with his (my?) wings as well as peck people to death.

I was appalled at first, but then started to get into it (in the sense that this was a "parasite" and it worked its way into my head) and rationalized things, made sure I appeared "innocent" after another killing, etc.

Now, I wasn't the rooster all the time, it sort of manifested once in a while, then settled down and I was my normal self. Me being me, I was in the basement doing laundry and was speaking with my sentient laundry chute. Yes, yes, I know. Anyways, the part of the chute that was sentient was this long collapsible foil duct-work that I was pulling my laundry out of.

At some point, I realized that the chute was going to trap me to get the belt off of me. I was able to remove the rest of my laundry without getting trapped by it and the chute understood that it had been defeated so collapsed back into the wall.

I suddenly got the notion that it was trying to help me, so I asked it what was going on....

My sentient laundry chute felt it lived a boring life, so gave me the belt that turned me into a giant killer rooster on occasion, hoping that I'd take the chute with me on adventures. Sadly, its plan had misfired and I agreed to get rid of the belt.

Sort of "Venom" meets Eli Roth's "Clown" with a smattering of "Pee Wee's Playhouse", if you think about it.
Family guy
Peter vs chicken

I can only remember a small snippet of my dream last night, which is usual, it contained an item called a 'brocenade', i looked the word up and it doesnt exist, it was a small desk tidy type thing, made of china, 3 small pin tray things along its front and a tiny toast rack/letter rack thing at the back, with 4 slots only wide enough to hold about one or two sheets of paper.

I dreamt that I was chosen at random to go on radio show to talk about Elizabeth Taylor [the actress, not the writer] and I made an idiot of myself by talking about her role in the film Frenzy [she wasn't in that]

Bizarrely I think I actually know where this dream came from. I have this bright multi-coloured dress that I jokingly refer to as my ''Driver's Seat'' seat dress after the Muriel Spark novella. I was wearing it the other day and thinking about the book and then the film version which starred Elizabeth Taylor and which I always thought was called Frenzy in the US [ it was actually called Identikit]. This combined with the Guy Goma incident being in the news again and Norman Lloyd's death making me think of Hitchcock combined to give me my dream.

Ok - Weird coincidence, was listening to this podcast while writing this as they just mentioned Elizabeth Taylor.

https://podcast24.co.uk/episodes/ga...owdown/game-for-a-quiz-pub-classics-yXC0sb_QO

I dreamt my home was a closed supermarket. Although it wasn't dark I still needed to use my tourch to see. All my stuff was piled up in a little concession shop near the tills. There was a mannequin at the front which frightened me when I caught it in the tourch light. But then the ghost of myself drifted past and made me scream and I woke up along with everyone else in the house!!

A little over a year ago I moved into my little cottage, which is about thirty metres from the big house I lived in for nearly 30 years. I pass that house every day, and am on smiling terms with the couple who moved in after the place had been redone.

Last night I dreamed that I'd pushed open the front door to the old house and walked in, forgetting that I didn't live there any more. I think the dog had run on ahead of me and I was trying to get her back, so was distracted. I stood in the middle of the living room and it was only when I noticed that the back door was open, that I realised I'd walked into someone else's house. I sort of stammered 'oh, I AM sorry...' although nobody had even noticed my appearance, and I was just starting to sidle off out when I woke up.

I now wonder if it's a form of 'coming to terms' with not living there any more? Similar to the 'coming to terms with the death of someone' dreams? I should add that I am delighted to have moved and very happy where I now live.

Last night I dreamed I was walking through the streets of Exeter (my original home town). There had been a zombie-type outbreak of disease, but fortunately when you were struck with the plague you were stuck to whatever you had been touching when the zombie infection got you. So I was happily walking through the streets and seeing people who were stuck to walls, cars and one lady pushing a pram, who was stuck to the handles. I was congratulating myself on not having been infected, now that the plague had passed, when a lady dashed up to me waving a handkerchief and shouted that she was stuck to her hanky but could still move about and was coming to get me.

I think this dream is so literal that it's practically worthless as a dream...

Last night I dreamed I was walking through the streets of Exeter (my original home town). There had been a zombie-type outbreak of disease, but fortunately when you were struck with the plague you were stuck to whatever you had been touching when the zombie infection got you. So I was happily walking through the streets and seeing people who were stuck to walls, cars and one lady pushing a pram, who was stuck to the handles. I was congratulating myself on not having been infected, now that the plague had passed, when a lady dashed up to me waving a handkerchief and shouted that she was stuck to her hanky but could still move about and was coming to get me.

I think this dream is so literal that it's practically worthless as a dream...

I hope this wasn't the grander end of Exeter, like St Leonards. I'm sure the Neighbourhood Watch would have something to say about that kind of behaviour. :chuckle:

I hope this wasn't the grander end of Exeter, like St Leonards. I'm sure the Neighbourhood Watch would have something to say about that kind of behaviour. :chuckle:
Nearest I can place it was somewhere around Belmont Road, but you know how dreams are...

This morning I woke up from a dream where I was in a store that sold magazines and maybe art supplies. The magazines were displayed on the floor in tidy piles instead of on racks. There was one which was printed on tabloid size paper. The cover had two fuzzy pale figures on it, cut off midway at the bottom of the image. It was the Fortean Times,

I had a very involved dream last night. I dreamt that I was Joe Lycett's -who in the dream was a member of this forum under the name Big Kri-best friend and I was visiting him in hospital because he couldn't use his arms. After saving a talking cat from a savage fight, I took a wrong turn and ended u somewhere unfamiliar. It was meant to be the Isle of Man but it looked more like central Europe, there was a nice square with cafes, a church and a clothes market where I bought a lovely green silk dress for a tenner. I went to one of the cafes and saw a colleague who told me off for leaving the Isle of Man but I explained I hadn't. He then asked for 500 quid so he could show me the way to the hospital. Things start to look more familiar and I recognise a park, but there is also a shopping precinct and studios which I don't recognise, but I see another colleague who starts moaning to me about the co-op. I eventually get there but Joe has a new best friend.
Sorry that's not remotely interesting to anyone else but I felt the need to right it down.

Bizarrely I dreamt about Joe Lycett again last night. This time I was involved in a campaign for him to be the next Bond villain.

Had a dream last night that was so filmic, I had to write it down as soon as I woke up. It was like the set piece of a horror film!

I’d just returned home with a friend when I noticed a little girl wearing a veil in the corner of my room. I crouched down to see if she was ok (dream me clearly not perturbed that a child had found their way into my house) and asked if she had anyone I could call.

When I reached to touch her shoulder, the veil ripped off to reveal a truly grotesque, demonic face. Almost immediately it vanished and I dashed to put the light on - at which point I woke up. Funnily enough, real life imitated the dream and I put my bedside light on for a minute!

Long and dull dream about organising a jumble sale which involved carrying armfuls of stuff up stairs, some one calls down that they have run out of stuffed animals so I tell them to break out the arts and crafts and deploy the rafia mafia.............

I blame the 2nd jab.

Long and dull dream about organising a jumble sale which involved carrying armfuls of stuff up stairs, some one calls down that they have run out of stuffed animals so I tell them to break out the arts and crafts and deploy the rafia mafia.............

I blame the 2nd jab.
I did all that stuff back in the 70s. Jumble sales, stuffed toys, yes... even raffia.
I would prefer not to dream about it!

On waking this morning, my wife described a short but bizarre dream.
She was back at school or college and had to read out her dissertation as part of a very important exam.
She felt the stress and anxiety of being completely unprepared.
So far so normal.
She was hoping fervently that there would be some distraction so that the exam couldn't take place.
.... and then a shout went around the room "the chimpanzee's had its head cut off!".
Then she woke.

I picked up a dream Dictionary in the telephone box last week, no mention of Rafia Mafia or decapitated Chimps.
In one of my lucid dreams I posted here ages ago, I went on the dream version of Wikipedia.
But beware; it tells you fake news.

Just in time for the Third Wave, I dreamt I was watching an acrobatic act of three sisters, one held a bendy ladder while the others swayed on top of it, and they in turn, I realised, were on top of a giant Nigel Farage head. He had his own act too, people in the audience shouted out things like "oil!" and he would push capsules of them up one nostril, then pull a different capsule out of the other nostril, like a magician. One emerged branded with Castrol GTX, and another was a spherical koala. Nope, no idea.

Other than the slightly sore arm I've got from the second jab, no complaints but I've been dreaming about work arrival times. I biro them on the inside of my left wrist anyway so it's 11:30 the day after tomorrow.

Other than the slightly sore arm I've got from the second jab, no complaints but I've been dreaming about work arrival times. I biro them on the inside of my left wrist anyway so it's 11:30 the day after tomorrow.
You need a holiday :)

The other day I dreamed I was surrounded by these handdrawn characters with a white background.

The next night I dreamed I was in Blackpool and walking past a building that was supported by a bar, a bit like the bar the pull down on a faiground ride. The person I was with told me to pull the bar and the building started rumbling. We went into the building which was a pub and there was a huge chimney breast that had a similar bar supporting it. The person I was with pulled it and bricks started falling down and we couldn't get out because of all the people in the pub.

So as part of a wider dream that I can't remember, there was a character calked Doreen. Who was in her 60s and I was seeing things from Doreens perspective. For some reason they wanted Doreen to go into space but she gad to put on this huge silver ball type helmet. She couldn't fit the space capsule which was also a huge silver ball unless she adjusted her seat. It was completely dark inside and not a lot of room. So Doreen was asking what would happen if she wanted to come back and was assured they could control it from earth, she then asked what if she panicked and they laughed and told her she would die. Charming.

I had a weird dream this morning, which caused me to wake up. It was light and about 5 am.
Dreamt there was a bearded man standing in the corner, watching me.
I started gasping for air and saying 'who are you', then woke up hyperventilating. Calmed down as soon as I saw there was nobody there.

Maybe the bearded man was somewhere asleep, and dreamed he watched some unknown sleeper who was YOU!

I once dreamed that some guy was having a good laugh to himself because he'd sneaked into my room and was watching me sleep. He looked like a real bum, missing teeth and scuzzy clothes and craven personality. I got up (in my dream) and shoved him out the door.

Back