• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

More Vivid Dreaming During The COVID-19 Pandemic

I often dream I'm in a bus or a coach, with my sister and a load of luggage, I'm scared to forget or to lose. Or I fear we are
going to miss our stop, with all of the stuff we're dragging. I haven't seen my sister since end December 2019.
My husband dreams of spaceships or airplanes. He loves airplanes more than I love buses. Not that I dislike them.

Was overlooking a field where a line of electricity pylons stretched out into the distance. Some people were clambering over them, trying to get them to swing back and forth to bump into each other like a Newton's cradle type thing, and they succeeded. Never knew pylons were so malleable.

I was dreaming about trying to collect $160 dollars from a rather downbeat looking woman in Florida whilst my husband waited outside in the car, and she kept trying to cheat me; every time I counted the money, she would have included a dollar voucher for something I'd never use, or a ticket to an attraction I didn't want to visit. Eventually I got fed up and called my husband to come in; by this point the count was up to $155 and I just knew she had the money somewhere but didn't want to pay up. The last thing I remember is looking out of her front door to see my husband helping somebody else reverse a large RV into a parking space!

Last night I dreamt I got a few days off work (if only) and rented a rambling old holiday house with my brother. Trouble with former motorcycles, visits to graveyards, got lost a couple of times - the usual mix of mundane stuff. Then I had a brief God-view of myself asleep in bed. I was aware of a roaring in my ears, a prickly sensation, and a voice in my hypothalamus shouting WAKE UP WAKE UP, there's some-one standing over you ! As I struggle to regain full consciousness, I felt the mattress springs go down, some-one had sat down at the foot of the bed.
Very very vivid. I wanted to panic (I live on my own) but I kept still and my eyes closed, pretending to be asleep until I could determine intent. A short while later the weight lifted off the bed and I was alone again.
I opened my eyes and found myself still in the dream. I assumed my brother had come to remind me that it was Saturday morning and we had to tidy up and pack to go home. I wandered around the house a bit and then woke up. Where the heck did that spring up from ?

This morning I had a dream featuring Jacob Rees Mogg of all people, in which we, well me actually, were on a mission to move a piano using a sack barrow & bring it back to some sort of hall. It involved following him on a tortuous route as he supposedly knew it's whereabouts.

It soon became apparent that he didn't know where the fuck he was going as the journey became more & more convoluted, passing through shops & gardens, not to mention that transporting a piano on a barrow was not particularly feasible.

He was breezily wafting around & I was eventually forced to get somewhat verbally abusive to him.

This morning I had a dream featuring Jacob Rees Mogg of all people, in which we, well me actually, were on a mission to move a piano using a sack barrow & bring it back to some sort of hall. It involved following him on a tortuous route as he supposedly knew it's whereabouts.

It soon became apparent that he didn't know where the fuck he was going as the journey became more & more convoluted, passing through shops & gardens, not to mention that transporting a piano on a barrow was not particularly feasible.

He was breezily wafting around & I was eventually forced to get somewhat verbally abusive to him.
Stop eating cheese before bedtime :hahazebs:

In no particular order:
Taking my usual bus route home during the day only it's as black as night and I'm walking home under street lights.
I'm walking down a long corridor lined with gems. Wake up (for real: Too early go back to sleep. Fall into same dream)
Old lady stops on stairs complaining about something. Her mouth extends really wide and eyes glow red.
I collapse doing something. This is especially strange because I am epileptic. As long as it doesn't happen in reality!
I'm waking up straight after these at my usual time in the morning, which is unusual for me. Also, as I said I go back to sleep and go back into the dream.
If I don't excite myself with youtube or something I usually settle down into a peaceful sleep.

Another vivid one this morning, details of which are sketchy, but it involved a few of us in a house when a man arrived threatening with a small pistol.

He was careless with the gun which I managed to get off him & when he didn't back down & was still aggressive & threatening, not believing I'd use it, I shot him. Didn't kill him but it stopped him in his tracks. Weird - I'm the least likely person to use a gun..

I can probably identify the trigger for this one though - I'd earlier watched the video on the Manson thread in which he shoots but doesn't kill a man in a drug deal gone wrong incident.

I fairly frequently have dreams in which I am pregnant (I've been pregnant, have children but they are grown up and I'm post-menopause, pregnancy is a distant memory for me). In the dream I am aware I'm pregnant but slightly worried because I've been pregnant for a long time (longer than usual gestation), don't have any swelling of the abdomen and can't feel any movement.

However, in this dream last night, I knew I was pregnant, looked down and had a huge belly. I could feel the baby kicking and turning. With me was my most-recent-ex-husband (who is not the father of any of my children) and I was trying to get him to feel the baby kicking. Whenever he put his hand on my abdomen, the baby would stop, but at one point he said 'it's got hold of my finger!' and I could feel the rolling of the baby - like when a six-month foetus turns completely round.

I was extremely glad to wake up and realise that this was not true. Probably wind...

I fairly frequently have dreams in which I am pregnant (I've been pregnant, have children but they are grown up and I'm post-menopause, pregnancy is a distant memory for me). In the dream I am aware I'm pregnant but slightly worried because I've been pregnant for a long time (longer than usual gestation), don't have any swelling of the abdomen and can't feel any movement.

However, in this dream last night, I knew I was pregnant, looked down and had a huge belly. I could feel the baby kicking and turning. With me was my most-recent-ex-husband (who is not the father of any of my children) and I was trying to get him to feel the baby kicking. Whenever he put his hand on my abdomen, the baby would stop, but at one point he said 'it's got hold of my finger!' and I could feel the rolling of the baby - like when a six-month foetus turns completely round.

I was extremely glad to wake up and realise that this was not true. Probably wind...
Sounds like a nightmare to me!

Whenever he put his hand on my abdomen, the baby would stop, but at one point he said 'it's got hold of my finger!'
So characteristic of dreams to be so bizarre!
It's unexpected happenings like this which make dreams so amusing to me.
But it's completely understandable to be relieved to wake up from that one, Catseye!

Last night's dream was extremely vivid.

I was walking my dog around my village when a young woman driving a very modern and 'posh' mini with a child strapped in the back, stopped alongside me. She asked the way to the next village along . I told her, but somehow she insisted I get in the car and show her the way, even though I offered to get a map and kept saying 'it's a straight road, you can't miss it' (which it isn't, quite, in real life).

I found myself on the back seat, dog curled up alongside me. The child, in its seat, had been strapped into the passenger seat in the front. I couldn't remember her moving the child seat, which worried me a bit, but I had warned her that my dog didn't like children. We drove to the village in question but passed a small farm shop on the way, where the woman stopped to go in and get some shopping. (Likewise, this farm shop does not exist in real life). She left me, the dog and the child in the car and seemed to take quite a long time to browse around.

The next thing I know, she's gone, I've been dropped off at a house in the village, where I am sitting in a living room surrounded by people - some I know, some I don't, and we are listening to The Archers. in a party-type gathering. I think someone was going to give me a lift home, I certainly wasn't worried about getting back, although the village is only a couple of miles from mine and I could walk if necessary.

It was the clarity that was so startling. The woman had short black hair, the mini was a cream and silver colour. I even remember trying to get my seat belt buckled up as she drove off. Banal, nothing much happening, but clear.

Well I had a bizarre dream this morning,
I was in an abandoned/derelict warehouse watching a government press conference on a floating monitor.
The usual Boris stood at a lectern.
When suddenly the scene flipped and it were now a courtroom scene with Boris in the dock and Queen Elizabeth playing the role of the judge complete with wig, red robe and gavel.
Although I couldn't make out what was being said, I felt myself getting angrier and angrier.
I got the impression that the press conference was now a scene in a comedy sketch show?!
I turned to Michaela Strachan! Who was now stood next to me for some reason and angrily remarked to her that I'm going to write a letter to 'The Guardian' newspaper.
Then I woke up. The time 03-43.
I sleep with the radio on but it has to be a talk based one radio5 or 4, I'm thinking if I heard Boris subconsciously while sleeping and then my brain went a bit well...

Last edited:
I dreamed last night that I was in my childhood home, with my mum. In the dream I had three children, a boy and a girl who were young teenagers and a small baby. I'd been out for the day with the children and was standing in the kitchen, clearing out the picnic bag and talking to my mum, who was dressed very glamorously (which was most unlike my mum) and wearing high heels. The scene alternated between the garden, where the children were playing with the baby, and the kitchen, where I was taking half-sandwiches out of a bag, where they were covered (and this is the detail I remember most clearly) in Wotsit cheesy crumbs. My son was playing with the baby, turning her (?) upside down and holding her by her feet and she was laughing, despite only being about six months' old and I was teling my mum, who had been preparing to come with me, that I was going to leave her at home with the older children, whilst I took 'my last baby' for her first day at school, later that day. I know I used the phrase 'it's my last baby' and wanted to get that 'experience' of First Day At School which, in my head, for the other children had been complicated by having to referee toddlers running around the classroom.

Then my son was at the top of the stairs with the baby, and he dropped her. She sort of half fell, half floated down and I caught her, only to find that she had turned into a dachshound puppy which started to suck my earlobe....

I dreamt last night that I was a member of a spectacularly bitchy, but totally inept, musical theatre troupe.

Strange thing is, I haven’t a musical bone in my body and have never shown the slightest inclination for the stage so I’ve no idea what my subconscious is trying to tell me here!

Had a very bizarre dream last night. I was in a huge house, very Downton Abbey but downtrodden and shabby, with my eldest daughter and a man. My daughter, and the house. had been possessed by a demon and I needed to get it out but was paralysed and kept being sucked back in time to being a maid in the house. I was standing at a sink, washing dishes with the man (no idea who he was), talking to me in a very 'mockney' accent, and I realised that we'd been pulled back into the past again, but I could do nothing about it.

Then we were standing outside the house. I still knew I had to act to get rid of the demon, but movement was like wading through treacle. I was explaining to the man that the gardens of the house were being used as a 'ridge farm' (whatever that is!), when cars full of people starting turning up and I was so relieved, because it meant that there would be others to help get rid of the demon.

More intense and more lucid dreams were among the pandemic sleep effects noted in this newly published survey research.
How Has the COVID-19 Pandemic Affected Our Sleep and Our Dreams?

The COVID-19 pandemic has strongly impacted our sleep and dream activity. In a recent study published in the Journal of Sleep Research, people had a higher number of awakenings, a harder time falling asleep, higher dream recall, and more lucid dreams during lockdown than after lockdown.

People also reported more dreams related to “being in crowded places” during post-lockdown than lockdown.

For the study, 90 adults in Italy recorded their dream experiences and completed a sleep-dream diary each morning.

“Our results… confirmed that both sleep and dream measures showed critical differences between lockdown and post-lockdown periods” ...
FULL STORY:
https://scitechdaily.com/how-has-the-covid-19-pandemic-affected-our-sleep-and-our-dreams/

PUBLISHED REPORT:
The impact of the end of COVID confinement on pandemic dreams, as assessed by a weekly sleep diary: a longitudinal investigation in Italy
Serena Scarpelli, Maurizio Gorgoni, Valentina Alfonsi, Ludovica Annarumma, Valentina Di Natale, Emilio Pezza, Luigi De Gennaro
Journal of Sleep Research. First published: 20 July 2021
https://doi.org/10.1111/jsr.13429

FULL REPORT: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-93829-x

Another bonkers one last night.

I had a large map of western Germany (not West Germany, just the western part of the country), and if I squinted at it I could actually zoom in as you would on Google maps so that I could actually see it as if I was there. I was even able to stop people moving in a certain direction if I wanted to.

I then gave the map to somebody else who was also able to remote view using it, with some sort of blue flashing light as he was doing so. But immediately after that we couldn't find the map, even though we hadn't gone anywhere. There were other large maps around but we couldn't achieve the same results with them...

... then I realised some Americans wearing a green or yellow sports kit had taken it. And several of them were sat on a first floor balcony, facing outwards. So I used all my effort to float up to them to try to get the map.

I've had a few recent dreams when I've been floating pretty much out of control, but this time I had to really will myself to be able to float.

No idea what all the remote viewing was about, though.

Another bonkers one last night.

I had a large map of western Germany (not West Germany, just the western part of the country), and if I squinted at it I could actually zoom in as you would on Google maps so that I could actually see it as if I was there. I was even able to stop people moving in a certain direction if I wanted to.

I then gave the map to somebody else who was also able to remote view using it, with some sort of blue flashing light as he was doing so. But immediately after that we couldn't find the map, even though we hadn't gone anywhere. There were other large maps around but we couldn't achieve the same results with them...

... then I realised some Americans wearing a green or yellow sports kit had taken it. And several of them were sat on a first floor balcony, facing outwards. So I used all my effort to float up to them to try to get the map.

I've had a few recent dreams when I've been floating pretty much out of control, but this time I had to really will myself to be able to float.

No idea what all the remote viewing was about, though.
God complex?

Had a very bizarre dream last night. I was in a huge house, very Downton Abbey but downtrodden and shabby, with my eldest daughter and a man. My daughter, and the house. had been possessed by a demon and I needed to get it out but was paralysed and kept being sucked back in time to being a maid in the house. I was standing at a sink, washing dishes with the man (no idea who he was), talking to me in a very 'mockney' accent, and I realised that we'd been pulled back into the past again, but I could do nothing about it.

Then we were standing outside the house. I still knew I had to act to get rid of the demon, but movement was like wading through treacle. I was explaining to the man that the gardens of the house were being used as a 'ridge farm' (whatever that is!), when cars full of people starting turning up and I was so relieved, because it meant that there would be others to help get rid of the demon.
Were you raised in a religious tradition that includes demons, or have you been watching too much Horror Channel?
Demons are not part of my post-industrial Methodist culture and I never dream of them.
Ghosts, yup, aliens for sure.

Were you raised in a religious tradition that includes demons, or have you been watching too much Horror Channel?
Demons are not part of my post-industrial Methodist culture and I never dream of them.
Ghosts, yup, aliens for sure.
Nope, no religion in our house growing up and I never watch horror of any kind. Demons don't really register at all with me. No idea where the idea of the whole demonic possession came from!

I had the weirdest dream last night. It was partly a film I was watching and partly I was 'in' the action, if you know what I mean.

I was some kind of princess of a country that was vaguely oriental, and had been confined to my room. I was being threatened with death and decided to escape. I looked out of the window onto streets that were medieval looking and dark and contemplated tying the curtains together to make a rope to climb down. The curtains were huge, full length and dark velvet material. There was a small table near the window and I reasoned I could climb down and drop onto a cart that was beneath my window. But then I decided that I was a princess! Who was going to stop me from walking out? (Apart from the people who had imprisoned me, and they weren't in the palace/castle). So I opened the huge wooden door and walked out into a stone flagged corridor.

There was music playing, I woke up humming it (but it's gone now).

Truly a very very vivid and bizarre dream. I don't play computer games or watch films generally. I've only really watched Time Team and The Real Forensic Files for the last week or so. But somewhere, in another reality, I'm escaping from a castle...

I'll post this while it's still clear in my mind.

I woke this morning at 07:18 and thought I'd have a short snooze before getting up for my daily commute (downstairs to the conservatory) at 07:45.

Had one of those truly bizarre and very vivid dreams that seem to cram an awful lot into a very short time.
I hope it was not a premonition.

I was at some sort of pageant or celebration for a national event.
The venue was a large, sprawling castle - vaguely like Cardiff castle, but with a lake nearby.
There were huge crowds milling around and some performers, mingling with the crowd were dressed in medieval costume. This figured in some kind of competition, whereby younger members of the audience would challenge the actors in period costume, who would reply with a code word and all those who collected every code word won a prize.
There was also an air display. I looked up and saw a large, delta-winged aircraft flying in formation with three (I think) small aircraft. The large aircraft, which looked vaguely like a Vulcan bomber or possibly even Concorde, was painted in a very strange livery. No wartime camouflage, but abstract red and blue swirls on a white background.
The large aircraft seemed to be flying dangerously low and, on one circuit, as it banked across my field of view from left to right, its starboard wing-tip hit the roof of a row of houses on the perimeter of the castle grounds. I heard the noise and saw the wing ripple before the aircraft went out of sight. I knew it had crashed into the lake.
Next scene was a newsroom, with a sombre looking man in a dark suit announcing "seven confirmed dead" and the final scene was sometime later and a memorial service was being held at the lakeside.
My iPad's alarm then woke me up and the entire dream scenario had played out in around 12 minutes.

I was walking through a cut-through between roads near where I live when I was told I'd bought a lot of old photographic gear at an auction, old film cameras covered in dirt and grime – a Yashica, a Nikon SLR – all for 30 quid, along with a load of boxes of photo kit that was so filthy and grimy I was scared to open them! This was all news to me as I didn't even remember bidding at an auction. Oh, and an old and grizzled John Hurt was looking at the cameras with me!

There was also a green cycling backpack that looked new and in good order but when I looked closer there was some tin foil, and when I opened that there was a load of rotting food, the smell of which made me want to wretch (we have an ill cat at the moment who's being sick).

The other bit I can remember is an articulated lorry and a car out of control on the streets of Norwich, with the lorry crashing into a building. This caused large chunks of masonry to fall from the top of the building and it looked like the whole second storey was going to collapse, so I was getting people to run away. But while the walls bulged the building didn't collapse.

All part of life's rich (but subconscious) tapestry!

I was walking through a cut-through between roads near where I live when I was told I'd bought a lot of old photographic gear at an auction, old film cameras covered in dirt and grime – a Yashica, a Nikon SLR – all for 30 quid, along with a load of boxes of photo kit that was so filthy and grimy I was scared to open them! This was all news to me as I didn't even remember bidding at an auction. Oh, and an old and grizzled John Hurt was looking at the cameras with me!

There was also a green cycling backpack that looked new and in good order but when I looked closer there was some tin foil, and when I opened that there was a load of rotting food, the smell of which made me want to wretch (we have an ill cat at the moment who's being sick).

The other bit I can remember is an articulated lorry and a car out of control on the streets of Norwich, with the lorry crashing into a building. This caused large chunks of masonry to fall from the top of the building and it looked like the whole second storey was going to collapse, so I was getting people to run away. But while the walls bulged the building didn't collapse.

All part of life's rich (but subconscious) tapestry!
Spookily, I can fully relate.
All this has recently happened to me-

- I dug out some cameras to start carrying around again, as I did before acquiring a smartphone. They had to be untangled from cables, chargers, spare batteries, cases etc and I have no idea where all the memory cards are.

- I was sent a video of an old Australian Aids prevention video and listened hard to the narrator, wondering if it was John Hurt as he did the famous British one.

- Last week I spotted a black drawstring Adidas bag that looked full of something dumped beside a street bin. Had to fight the urge to return later and rifle it.
I'm still torn over whether I should have. Maybe your dream is a hint that I was right to drive past. :thought:

- Just this morning I saw a news report of a lorry being apparently deliberately driven at a house to demolish it.
Also, we drove past the precarious Oulton Park wall at the weekend. I fully expect it to topple over and block the road one day.

:omg:

(Edited to remove a sentence about a plane which relates to @blessmycottonsocks' post.)

I'll post this while it's still clear in my mind.

I woke this morning at 07:18 and thought I'd have a short snooze before getting up for my daily commute (downstairs to the conservatory) at 07:45.

Had one of those truly bizarre and very vivid dreams that seem to cram an awful lot into a very short time.
I hope it was not a premonition.

I was at some sort of pageant or celebration for a national event.
The venue was a large, sprawling castle - vaguely like Cardiff castle, but with a lake nearby.
There were huge crowds milling around and some performers, mingling with the crowd were dressed in medieval costume. This figured in some kind of competition, whereby younger members of the audience would challenge the actors in period costume, who would reply with a code word and all those who collected every code word won a prize.
There was also an air display. I looked up and saw a large, delta-winged aircraft flying in formation with three (I think) small aircraft. The large aircraft, which looked vaguely like a Vulcan bomber or possibly even Concorde, was painted in a very strange livery. No wartime camouflage, but abstract red and blue swirls on a white background.
The large aircraft seemed to be flying dangerously low and, on one circuit, as it banked across my field of view from left to right, its starboard wing-tip hit the roof of a row of houses on the perimeter of the castle grounds. I heard the noise and saw the wing ripple before the aircraft went out of sight. I knew it had crashed into the lake.
Next scene was a newsroom, with a sombre looking man in a dark suit announcing "seven confirmed dead" and the final scene was sometime later and a memorial service was being held at the lakeside.
My iPad's alarm then woke me up and the entire dream scenario had played out in around 12 minutes.
This rings a bell with me, with you looking up and seeing a plane with a strange appearance.

Recently on a bike ride we saw an airliner flying quite low in an area they don't generally go over. It looked a little weird and I briefly worried in case it was in trouble, having seen all those Air Disaster programmes.

As I could identify the airline and its likely destination it was tempting to stop and track it on my phone but I sensed that Techy wasn't keen!
We were also in the area where two RAF jets collided in 1976 right over the pub where we often stop for a pint. I always think about that when we're there.

I had a weird dream that I can remember fragments of, which is unusual for me as I very rarely remember any dreams.
I was talking to 2 badgers about something until one of them got really mad about something, the other badger said we better run, so we went running off and shut a heavy metal gate to keep the other badger away, however in front of us the town was being attacked by loads of badgers, it was decided the best way to deal with the badgers was to flood the town, which they did, I went to a street vendor and took a canoe off of his stall telling him I was stealing it, he informed me that it was Ryan Reynolds anyway and he didn't care, it had no paddle because Reynolds was a cheapskate apparently, me and the nice badger paddled off using hands and paws, then I woke up.

Back