• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

More Vivid Dreaming During The COVID-19 Pandemic

I had a weird dream that I can remember fragments of, which is unusual for me as I very rarely remember any dreams.
I was talking to 2 badgers about something until one of them got really mad about something, the other badger said we better run, so we went running off and shut a heavy metal gate to keep the other badger away, however in front of us the town was being attacked by loads of badgers, it was decided the best way to deal with the badgers was to flood the town, which they did, I went to a street vendor and took a canoe off of his stall telling him I was stealing it, he informed me that it was Ryan Reynolds anyway and he didn't care, it had no paddle because Reynolds was a cheapskate apparently, me and the nice badger paddled off using hands and paws, then I woke up.
Scargy'll decifer it for you.

Last night I dreamed I was a student again, amidst a load of others, we were racketing around a town centre (I think one of the other students was one of my daughters, in a nice 'dream-time-bending' sort of way). We were all wearing black, and the dream ended with us all singing a Stranglers song at full volume (I think it was 'Something Better Change', but I can't be sure). We were having a whale of a time!

Woke up not sure if I'd been singing out loud and whether or not to apologise to the neighbours, but I don't think I was. Audible book running at the time was 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, noteable chiefly for its lack of singalong Stranglers tracks.

I don't think my dream was Covid-related, but it's not puzzling either as I can see a lot of where this came from!

So I was in what was obviously a student living room, with some of the Junior Medic's friends. There was a television on, and when I looked across at it, some kind of local news programme was coming from a restaurant. At the table behind the presenter was the Junior Medic and a small dark haired woman wearing glasses. I then realised that on the carpet in front of me was a steaming pile of poo, and the rest of the dream was about how I cleared it up without being judged by the youth around me.

Explicable, because:
1. I was recently discussing student houses in Plymouth with a friend, whose daughter is about to start at Med School there. I was telling her how most of the stock student housing has the same layout.
2. For the Junior Medic's birthday celebrations, we met up with him and some of his friends at the beach a couple of weeks ago. This was the first time we'd been introduced to most of them.
3. The Junior Medic has just started seeing someone new.
4. The new girlfriend in my dream looked rather like a schoolfriend of mine, whom I had considered when talking to the Teenager about the possibility of her getting a part-time job. This particular friend had gone to work in MacDonald's, although she didn't last long there.
5. When we were waiting at the farm shop for fish and chips yesterday, a young woman walked past with a puppy, which unexpectedly dropped a load right in front of the Fish Shed's hatch. Cue the Teenager and I watching in amusement as the somewhat exasperated owner picked up the poo in a plastic bag, then stood over the patch she couldn't get up until she thought to ask the chip shop guys for some paper to wipe it up with.

See, all perfectly logical when you think about it!

I dreamt I was entering the reception desk area in the small museum where I volunteer, as i lifted the hatch I saw a small girl standing in the office doorway, she was wearing a denim skirt, pink tights and a blue jacket. Long wavy brown hair and dark eyes, clutching some thing grey and furry to her body. She looked terrified, I went to speak to her and explain she should t be there and she disappeared!

Woke up with a start- it was so real.

Haven't dreamt much lately but had a good one the other night. Dreamt I was out for dinner in a local restaurant with Bob Guccione (who founded Penthouse magazine) except he looked like Andre the Giant from US wrestling/ movies. He was huge, in a Jabba way and was eating a massive mountain of a seafood platter with his hands, squeezing it into his mouth. I'd promised to pay but had no cash so went to a cashpoint but it wouldn't work so for some reason I had to get to London by train as that's where the only working cash machines were. So I got to London and was told all the cash points were on the underground so I was desperately tubing from station to station trying to find a working one but they were all out of cash. But luckily Daniel Radcliffe and his new wife got off a tube. They'd just got married and she was still in her wedding dress and he said "Don't worry, I've got cash, let's not keep Bob waiting any longer". That was it.

I don't know Daniel Radcliffe in the real world but he seemed a very nice chap

I don't think my dream was Covid-related, but it's not puzzling either as I can see a lot of where this came from!

So I was in what was obviously a student living room, with some of the Junior Medic's friends. There was a television on, and when I looked across at it, some kind of local news programme was coming from a restaurant. At the table behind the presenter was the Junior Medic and a small dark haired woman wearing glasses. I then realised that on the carpet in front of me was a steaming pile of poo, and the rest of the dream was about how I cleared it up without being judged by the youth around me.

Explicable, because:
1. I was recently discussing student houses in Plymouth with a friend, whose daughter is about to start at Med School there. I was telling her how most of the stock student housing has the same layout.
2. For the Junior Medic's birthday celebrations, we met up with him and some of his friends at the beach a couple of weeks ago. This was the first time we'd been introduced to most of them.
3. The Junior Medic has just started seeing someone new.
4. The new girlfriend in my dream looked rather like a schoolfriend of mine, whom I had considered when talking to the Teenager about the possibility of her getting a part-time job. This particular friend had gone to work in MacDonald's, although she didn't last long there.
5. When we were waiting at the farm shop for fish and chips yesterday, a young woman walked past with a puppy, which unexpectedly dropped a load right in front of the Fish Shed's hatch. Cue the Teenager and I watching in amusement as the somewhat exasperated owner picked up the poo in a plastic bag, then stood over the patch she couldn't get up until she thought to ask the chip shop guys for some paper to wipe it up with.

See, all perfectly logical when you think about it!
Some shrewd self-awareness there. :wink2:

There's more though. The subconscious doesn't just regurgitate the day's events. It presents to us aspects that represent our own concerns, carefully wrapping up the more objectionable content; as did the puppy-owner.

If this were my dream I'd know what the shit really was. :chuckle:

Last night's dream started off with my brother, something about being worried about COVID symptoms, and quarantining? I was mostly an observer. The room it took place in was bright white, almost glowing. It had large square translucent windows with rounded edges. All other details are lost now.

The next part of the dream was me and a bunch of random dream people traveling. We were in a gigantic plane, everything was very colorful and brightly lit. Two guys were seated opposite, facing me, like we were in a booth at a restaurant. They started talking to me but naturally I can't remember any details about the conversation. While it was taking place it seemed very profound.

I really wish I had written it down as soon as I woke up because it was one of the longest, most vivid, incredible dreams I’ve ever had and I only remember tiny bits of it!

FRIDAY I dreamt i went into a charity shop and tried on thus skirt. It didn't really fit but was beautiful. (Think of Roses dress on Staurdays Strictly) I really wanted it but in the dream it was worth over £500 and I couldn't buy it with a clear conscience and told the shop so.

Then I was someone else, think the sassy alternative 15 year old in an American film. We were at a holiday camp in the club house, which was proper working men's club style. and the woman who was my mother in the dream was having an affair. My sister in the dream found out and was really upset, we went home but tge house was on fire.

Then I was me again, I was walking past a posh bar/ cafe. You coukd see a these cats sat there drinking coffee. I looked and my dog was there, he was sat on a stool but his eyes were drooping as if he was really tired then he fell backwards off the stool and I woke up.

I was in a dream version of my school sports hall , I looked over to a doorway and could see a tarantula by the door. Panicking I looked for another door but in the gap at the bottom of the door I could see another. We managed to get out by the one door that was still free and ended up in my nans kitchen looking for milk in the fridge. Apart from the spiders it was like a trip back to 1987!

Last night's (or early this morning's, to be more accurate) dream: an old woman, who was like a Strega Nona-type witch character, had died. People began to have sightings of her doing all the things she had done in life, such as sweeping her doorstep, gardening, etc. A woman wearing Oakley wraparound sunglasses started to investigate the sightings for a local newspaper. As far as I remember nobody got the the bottom of the Strega Nona sightings!

Later on I dreamed that Mr. Impybat and I were driving ridiculously fast down this narrow, straight road that had tall wheatlike grass growing on either side. I warned him to slow down. Suddenly another car appeared in front of us. He braked in time for us to see the driver shoot himself and swerve off the road. His car exploded in dramatic, technicolor dream fashion.

Over-involved dream, don't recall all of it, but I was in a large house where I met the dream version of the love of my life. She was a redhaired girl who I kissed on the nose, and then she jumped into a fish tank and turned into a goldfish. There were other goldfish in the water, and I didn't know which she was, so I lost her forever.

Note: I have never kissed anyone on the nose - FFS, subconscious! There's still a pandemic on, you don't take risks like that!

Over-involved dream, don't recall all of it, but I was in a large house where I met the dream version of the love of my life. She was a redhaired girl who I kissed on the nose, and then she jumped into a fish tank and turned into a goldfish. There were other goldfish in the water, and I didn't know which she was, so I lost her forever.

Note: I have never kissed anyone on the nose - FFS, subconscious! There's still a pandemic on, you don't take risks like that!
Have you ever watched 'Ponyo'?

Of course I've watched Ponyo! But when I say redhaired girl, I mean redhaired woman, it wasn't a Charlie Brown crush situation.

We're out of lockdown here in Sydney after 4 months or more. Had a pretty uneventful night last night. The dream seemed a little more grounded. Maybe when I actually start going back into the office it'll be better. I use some apps to meditate before going to bed which seem to work.

I've had a few intruder dreams recently were I've opened the door and the person has managed to get into the house. Weirdly when they are on the doorstep it's daylight but once they get inside it's near dark but still daylight through the window. The last couple have taken place at my boyfriends even though I was in my house in real life. I woke up terrified and heard a bump downstairs. I decided the sensible thing to do was turn the light on and hug the dog. I got up in the morning and a mirror had fallen off the wall. The frame has broken but luckily the glass is fine. weirdly i's been thinking about the mirror earlier in the day, I couldn't remember if it was one i'd packed up or not.

Early this morning I dreamed I had COVID (first time to have dreamed that). I had no mask so had to cover my mouth and nose with my sleeve when I went indoors. No one else had a mask on and they seemed fine. It was like everything was back to normal except me.

I had a weird dream last night, I was on a private jet (to somewhere?) and the guy sitting behind me, whi was the only other person on the plane, hands me a large manilla envelope and says 'you have been served', l look around and the person is Dave Grohl, from the 'Foo Fighters', I look at the paper work and it's all from a time before I was even born, I start to tell Dave that he must have the wrong person because the events mentioned cant be to do with me, but he just smiles, then i woke up.

Last edited:
I've just had the second dream within a week where my partner was cheating on me... In this dream I'd also been given a piece of cake that I'd decided to 'save for later', but I've now of course realised this was dream cake and so I will not be eating it... Not sure which part I'm more upset by tbh!

Dreamt I was in the old canal basin trying to catch my dog and put him on the lead. Almost bowled over by a crocodile., which I quickly identified as a subspecies of alligator doe to the shape of the snout and eye position ( This is very unlike me, I am terrified of crocs to the point of leaving the room if they are on TV)- It shoves past me as it is clearly in search of prey.

I grab the dog and run home, only to find we have been invaded by frogs ( as terrifying to me as crocs) who are being wrangled by two ladies in purple hats.

As usual I wake myself* up shouting and therashing around.

* and none else in the vicinity

Last night I dreamed I was walking out with my kids down a road and I met a man I'd had a brief relationship with when I was younger. He looked young and was dressed very trendily and I stopped and introduced him to my children. He then put his arm around me and we continued walking into a building, and I was quite happy about this newly renewed relationship. He was wearing jeans and a purple T shirt, which would be MOST unlike him in real life.

He was older than me. I must look him up and check that he hasn't died or something.

A short and vivid dream last night where a College professor was testing me physiologically and psychologically on my unhealed cut finger - (the finger cut is actually real). I met a friendly Polish student in her seminar and went to shake his hand but suddenly thought - 'no contact, keep a distance !' - and changed it to an elbow bump. He seemed bemused and amused by my action, but obviously all the social distancing advice has made it to my subconscious.

I dreamt the other night that the Teenager was a baby again with a dirty nappy, but the poo in question had somehow emerged through the nappy, like it was a spike. Don't remember that actually happening in all the nappies I've changed over the years!

I dreamt the other night that the Teenager was a baby again with a dirty nappy, but the poo in question had somehow emerged through the nappy, like it was a spike. Don't remember that actually happening in all the nappies I've changed over the years!

You seem to have a few poo related dreams, remember what @escargot said? You need to work out what the shit really is. ;)

When I'm tired on t'sofa there are microdreams.

Last night I had one where a man who may have been wearing only a teeshirt fell down a narrow gap in a concrete surface, like a car park.

He slid down at an angle so that somehow, eventually only his goolies were showing.

Don't ask, I have no idea.

Back