• Hello everyone, we will rebooting the web server on Sunday February 17th 2019 at 1800 (6pm) GMT / 1300 (1pm) EST to apply some server updates.

We will also be applying some updates to the forums software.

This will result in approximately 30 minutes of downtime

Mortuary Mix-Ups

WhistlingJack

Justified & Ancient
Mods: If you can find a thread on this general subject, please feel free to move this post...

Accident victim's body is exhumed

The body of one of the teenage girls who died in a car crash in Fermanagh has been exhumed after it emerged the wrong person had been buried.

A funeral Mass was held for Anita Swift, 16, on Tuesday.

The funeral of another victim, Danica O'Rourke, 17, in Lisnaskea was cancelled on Wednesday due to a delay over identification.

Further tests, including DNA analysis, showed that the body in Anita's grave was in fact Danica.

Danica's body was exhumed on Wednesday night and her funeral will take place on Friday in Lisnaskea.

Anita's remains were buried in a private ceremony at 0630 BST on Thursday.

Her family said they were absolutely devastated.

Two men in their early 20s also died in the crash on the Lisnaskea to Newtownbutler Road on Sunday.

They were Jonathan McDonald, 21, from Newtownbutler and Peter Leonard, 21, both from Lisnaskea.

Story from BBC NEWS:

kirmildew

Devoted Cultist
I thought this was the same story I had read somewhere, but it doesn't appear to be. Two blonde teenage girlfriends were involved in a crash, and one of them was killed. The other clung to life in hospital. As her facial injuries began to heal someone realised that they had misidentified the girls; the living one was dead, and the dead one living. So one family had to go through the horror of losing their child when they thought she had been saved, and the other family got a miracle- their daughter back from the dead.
If I could remember where I read this I would post it, but I think it was just in one of the daily papers a couple of months ago. Full details of names, families, circumstances etc were given. Apologies if it's already been explored in another thread.

escargot

Beloved of Ra
Hooo, found it. :(

kirotv.com/news/9313771/detail.html

Link is dead, and the webpage isn't archived anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member