• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Most Haunted: Bumper Compendium Thread

akaWiintermoon said:
a few weeks ago that 'Sam' is supposed to have been an Ethiopian traveler Dereck met in a past life 100s of years (or was that a couple of thousand?) ago. Forgive my ignorance, and obviously 'Sam' is an abreviation of sorts, but it doesn't sound to me like an oldie worldie Ethiopian name!
not far off Wiintermoon.

Sam's full name is Masumai. apparently Del (as he was then, cos in previous lives although you are the same person at same time you're not. if you get what i mean) and Masumai used to hang around together in Ethiopia about 2000 years ago.

Yeah ... Deggsy and Sam were tight home-boys in the ancient Ethiopian hood! Respect!
Now you understand where Deggsy gets his abysmal taste in trashy jewellery from.

Ohh, I know, that sparkling earring....Just cries out 'mid life crisiss' to me! :D

Thanks for the info MDY, I do know what you mean. We are supposed to be the same soul but a completely different personnality aren't we?

Hopefully in a fit of pique Sam will start feeding Degsy dud info:

"A man in the residual, Janus, thanks Sam, Hugh Janus"

thats right Wiintermoon. without getting into a load of metaphysical kinda stuff and without trying to sound like a flake or a hippie (of which i am both!) but thats as simple that i can out it, that we are of the same essence but assuming new identities and personalities in each new life.

now you must excuse me as i have some nice new rose quartz crystals to charge while listening to whale song and burning some opium scented joss sticks.

Heckler20 said:

:rofl:

took me a while but i got it eventually!

Sam could take some ideas from past episodes of the Simpsons.

Heckler20 said:

Maybe he has already, that would be a good way to explane the Kread Kaifer (or however it's spelt) insident that'd mean that both Degsy and bad phycics were telling the truth and then everyone could be happy.

(although I've a feeling that that it'd have an oposit effect in both camps ;) )

Stuart from Most Haunted

Whats the deal with Stu's loss of hair? Is it a pro active choice, thus streamlining of his ghost hunting technique or has he been unwell??

He needs something else cutting off as well. He's so tiresome :roll:

We have the Paranormal magazine, and we watched the DVD last night.

In it, Stuart swears that he had the crap kicked out of him by unseen entities while filming MH and was covered in bruises. He gave in his notice afterwards but was persuaded by Karl to stay, and his hair fell out in clumps because of the shock.

As it is case of trauma-induced alopecia, the doctors assure Stuart that it will grow back. :D

Most Haunted - episode question

hi all.

Been slowly wading through my backlog of downloaded Most Haunted's recently.

Usual crap, table tapping, "orb's" etc. Nothing of any real interest at all.

Until tonight. I watched episode 12 of series 6. Appuldurcome House on the Isle Of Wight.

The thing that interested me was the noise in the basement area when Stuart was on his own. He shouted out "Hello" and there was a definite "Hello" in response.

Now, my missus reckons it was an echo, I reckon it sounded like a different person, NOT Stuart. Also, why did Most Haunted keep replaying this 'echo'? If they knoew it was an echo, why sensationalise it?

The thing is, the whole thing was skirted over at the end, and no mention was made of the "Hello", whereas by my reckoning, it was the single best piece of evidence they have ever got.

Anyone know anything about it?

Might have been someone (like one of the crew) arsing about, so that's why they didn't make a big deal of it.

gncxx said:
Might have been someone (like one of the crew) arsing about, so that's why they didn't make a big deal of it.

thats my point though, they DID keep replaying the incident. Even at the end of the program! Not much discussion about it though? Be interested to hear the opinion of anyone else who say that particular epsiode.

Re: Most Haunted - episode question

JackDark said:
If they knoew it was an echo, why sensationalise it

Ratings? Lack of any better guff to fill airtime?

This show lost all credibility a loooooong time ago. the amount of money being generated by that program would allow for much more scientific equipment and methodical investigation and less sensationalist crap, but they must satisfy their target audiences desire for slightly camp charlatans and wobbly camera work. The desire of forteans and the desire of media companies seldom go hand in hand (ahem..... :lol: )

If this is a show about paranormal investigations why does it end with a series of questions "was it a ghost, was it a shadow?" they are supposed to be finding that out!

since about series 3 it's turned into coronation st for forteans, entertaining but pointless.

to my mind if a man stands in a basement and shouts he will hear a distorted reply... an echo. Any serious investigator would know that, dismiss it and move on.

Most Haunted however....

The show has been more than disgraced comprehensively many times on this and other sites, but one thing recently convinced me it's all crap.

They've been very keen recently on the 'moving tables', either rocking violently or rotating continually. If genuine, this is filmed evidence of poltergeist/spirit activity, but what do they do in the middle of it happening? The chap in the studio cuts in with

'Well, we'll leave them there to handle whatever it is, and go over to Julian Clegg who's got some more of the pictures you've sent in, and can tell us more about our fantastic competition'.

When we go back to the 'team', they're in another location.

Clearly an amazing paranormal event that's not worth sticking with.

I remember one episode where a cabinet door opened slightly and closed, a dog that was in the room became extremely restless and tried to get as far away as possible from the cabinet and Degsy didn't "sense" a thing, the whole incident was caught on one of those remote viewing camera thingies.

I read today on the British Paranormal Website about the "top 50" or whatever-shite-it-was Most Haunted countdown, and that a rolling barrel was voted as no.2. My friend Steve Paton went there on an investigation and the proprietor told him that he had been instructed to roll the barrel for the cameras!

Is ANYTHING NOT faked?!

On a similar note I was watching a marvellous documentary about life in the East End of London - I forget what it was called - the other night. As well as heartwarming anecdotal segments relating to a young man's attempts to seduce a young lady of his acquaintance, the action focussed on his tough-nut older cousin and their dealings with another local hardman, a gangster by the name of Johnny Allen, whose daughter was involved with yet another young man on the square.

There were numerous other supplementary introductions to people who lived in this square it focussed on, and overall it was a lovely, gripping piece of television. Imagine my surprise to see, as the credits rolled, the very clear statement that it had been written - that these people were little more than ACTORS providing made-up drama for our entertainment.

Well as you can imagine, I was so miffed that I promptly went onto a messageboard and quacked on about it to a bunch of like-minded people. I might even set up a discussion group about it, such is my ire!!

I saw an episode which had them replay a moth flying in front of the camera. It was clear from the first viewing that it was a moth. This didn't stop them replaying it at various speeds filling up a few minutes of air time.

My sister gets very defensive of the show and thinks they are all wonderful true life investigaters rather than hack TV types who have fallen off the bottom of the pantomime circuit

JackDark said:
Until tonight. I watched episode 12 of series 6. Appuldurcome House on the Isle Of Wight.

The thing that interested me was the noise in the basement area when Stuart was on his own. He shouted out "Hello" and there was a definite "Hello" in response.

I remember that particular edition since:

a) I've been to Appledurcome.
b) My ex is a Vectian and I've accompanied her on various trips on the island, not all guided or "official".
c) The "history" they'd dreamed up for a very big and famous manor house was so incredibly wrong, it was either badly researched or just plain fiction. At the time MH wanted all it's "locations" to be really scary - thus I think it was Deggsy who came up with the "devil worshippers in the basement" bit. The area where, on tape, he said there was "blood oozing" was a bit amateurish - it wasn't under the main house (as they implied) but in the outhouse used as ... a slaughterhouse. The drain was towards the "bood pit". In fact, when the house was intact the master of the house would object to such noisesome stuff being anywhere near his wine, brandies and ports.
d)While I admit it sounded creepy when I heard (on tv) the "Hello", I did a double-take. You go down a small drainage channel with over twenty stage-crew behind you, and you don't expect some echo or sound? Knowing where it was recorded, the mistake can be easy.

Again, I'll admit it was creepy - until my experience of the area and rational thought kicked in. Then I thought it intelligent but a sham.

it was proberly carl he has given up on throwing spoons and stones at the team and has now decided to run around shouting at them instead. did anyone see the greengate brewery episode you can clearly see a stone been thrown at one of the barrels where was carl ?

Stormkhan said:
b) My ex is a Vectian.

Please enlighten me. :?

milk23 said:
My sister gets very defensive of the show and thinks they are all wonderful true life investigaters rather than hack TV types who have fallen off the bottom of the pantomime circuit
In fairness, I think they probably started with the actual intention of trying to get ghostiness on film. However, it soon became apparent that the audience don't find an hour of low-light photography and an ex-Blue Peter presenter shrieking everytime someone coughs very enlightening. So, gradually they gave in to the histrionics - if it ain't happening, make it happen - as it puts bums on seats and keeps Living's viewing figures healthy. You're right though, there are still people I know who are utterly convinced it's all legit.

As we've said in threads passim, though, the irony would be if they did catch something genuinely anomalous now, cos no-one would take it seriously. For all but the very fluffiest of woowoos, they've cried wolf far too many times.
theyithian said:
Stormkhan said:
b) My ex is a Vectian.

Vectis was the Roman name for the Isle of Wight. A Vectian therefore is a native thereof.

Hey guys

Like most things when they first started they probably did have high morals/ethics and intentions to bring prrof to the public. However as is the case in most circumstances money and fame start to take over. I thought that they may be able to resist this as the main peeps were already making good money and did not 'need' it in that sense. (I know that we all need money but I think you know what I mean).

Not wanting to defend his 'Devil Worshippers' comment I believe Derek said what he did because of TV pressure. He probably did see the blood and with a bit more time would have made the right assumption, however saying the building had been used for 'Darker' intentions meant a better reaction from the group with him and also makes for sensational TV.

This is something that he is not alone in saying just for the sensationalism and make somewhere more intriguing than it may be. I have lost count of the number of people that have told me that there must be some sort of Devil Worshipping going on somewhere only to find when I have looked that it is something to do with local 'Magic' folk. What does annoy me the most is those that come across such things and destroy it without realising they have wrecked some good work being done by good intentioned people.

Regards

Stuart

stuneville said:
theyithian said:
Stormkhan said:
b) My ex is a Vectian.

Vectis was the Roman name for the Isle of Wight. A Vectian therefore is a native thereof.

I really should have known this. Thanks though.

The point at which i fell out of love with most haunted was fairly recent (!), i think it was during a live episode (maybe pinewood studios).

Richard Felix was saying that they might be on top of a plague pit, and suggested that they all sing 'ring a ring o' roses'-because according to him, it was a song that the 'astral beings' would undoubtedly resonate with because of its supposed plague-y origins. (but i thought that it was highly debatable whether that song is in fact that old??) so... they all sang it in this slow, mystical way... and it was sooo unbelievably stupid!!

also, they are rather fond of wobbling oversized candles on tables and making a huge deal of it when the topple over. its beyond stupid now. boo! booo! :roll:

(still watch it on occaision tho....!)

Even from the start of the show I was always a lil skeptical of Karl he just always seemed to be there when the good stuff (sounds and bangs etc) happend but I enjoyed the show and gave him the benefit of my doubt untill I believe it was season 4, I'm fairly sure it was the Jamaca Inn Episode (the one with the face in the mirror) they are in a basement I think and they all here a nice lound bang...and the quick witted camera man whirls his camera on Karl who is standing there where the sound came from looking like a kid who had just been caught with his hands in the cookie jar, he had that look on his face it screamed guilty all over... my girlfriend found it hilarious saying he looked like he was in the middle of stealing a TV or somthing. Plus he had no reaction to the noise which was odd considering it was fairly close to him. Does anybody else remember this?

That was a good episode though, some interesting orbs where seen coming from the mirror.

Back