• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Most Haunted: Bumper Compendium Thread

"The weirdest thing was that Scariest Places had some Geordie geezer presenting it who used to do a late night "paranormal" radio show in Newcastle..how did he make the jump to FOX Channel in the USA??"

I can't understand that either but Alan Robson did it and produced some of the worst crap I've ever seen. He's a local radio DJ (http://www.metroradio.co.uk/nav?action=journal&id=1000) and exorcist etc - this makes him an expert. :mad:

At Chillingham Castle he was able to open a time portal. Unfortunately hundreds of American's now bombard me with emails on wanting the chant that Alan performed to open the portal. (I run a Chillingham Castle website)

Woodchester Mansion, yep its weird and had a bit of strange activity but according to Alan: "The valley leading to Woodchester has been the home of Pagans for over 5000 years, yet no matter who tried to build a home here, they found themselves chased away by powerful forces."

AND.... "At Woodchester the Pagans made a stand. They killed all trespassers, eating them or using their corpses in spells. Heads and intestines were hung in the trees as a warning. In the mid 1800s, Woodchester Mansion was built to be the marital home of a rich landowner. It was never completed for he and his family were driven mad and chased out by violent apparitions. Nobody has spent a full night in Woodchester until Alan Robson arrived to face a 5000 year old curse. Although the photographs were taken during the day, Alan went in at midnight, live on Metro Radiom armed only with a microphone and a torch..."

What about the vigils by The Ghost Club? :mad:

I am sure what my feelings on him are..

Woodchester again

The Ghost Club have only been "investigating" Woodchester for the last year or so. If you want more details, have a look at my URL above - but, to be brief, it amounted to a pretty pathetic evening, with lots of gullibility and possibly faked "sounds". Sounds about right for the Club really.....

Originally posted by Martin Jeffrey
[BAND.... "At Woodchester the Pagans made a stand. They killed all trespassers, eating them or using their corpses in spells. Heads and intestines were hung in the trees as a warning. In the mid 1800s, Woodchester Mansion was built to be the marital home of a rich landowner. It was never completed for he and his family were driven mad and chased out by violent apparitions. Nobody has spent a full night in Woodchester until Alan Robson arrived to face a 5000 year old curse. Although the photographs were taken during the day, Alan went in at midnight, live on Metro Radiom armed only with a microphone and a torch..."

Yeah we laughed at that as we live in the local vicinity and I went to primary school near there. The site, even before I had heard it was haunted, has been used several times for "Vampire Balls" (as in costumed goth-style parties) which, whilst wierd were pretty much all-nighters and didn't result in fatalities or people being driven away (unless it was by the cars they left in the National Trust Carpark the next morning). As I said, its a national trust site, has visitors throughout the summer months, is asite used to train carpenters and masons (the stoneworking kind, not the dodgy handshake bunch) in restoration work, has an onsite caretaker who lives on the property, has a collection of horseshoe bats which are under conservation orders with an lowlight camera and scientists studying their nocturnal behaviour ON THE PROPERTY.

Admittedly, the house is atmospheric, but there is no room for ghosts in there at night or daytime what with all the people!

It was all one big "producers have recreated some scenes for the purposes of dramatic effect" bunch of hooey.

The "no-one knows why he stopped building in the middle of work before completion" line was the worst. YES THEY DO! Its on the national trust information boards in the onsite gift shop! HE RAN OUT OF FREAKING MONEY!!! Bankruptcy, not a curse!

:blah:

Alan Robson

I try and listen to alan Robson's halloween show every year on metro radio, even though he's becoming increasingly grouchy and domineering (he really blasted some poor sod for committing the heinous crime of never having listened to his show before...). Some of the stories and set-ups are pretty creepy, however; anyone hear the recording of the suicide from norway whose wife and daughter (they were killed in a motor accident) can be plainly heard on a telephone answering machine, welcoming him into 'the afterlife'. It was apparently a big story in norway, and while i can't fully accept that someone would kill themselves on an answering machine it was certainly creepy hearing those voices....

Most Haunted - Dudley 'Hotel'

The episode that was aired Tues 22/4/2003.

Did anyone see the alledged poltergeist activity that moved the chair and the bed????

Wondered what anyones thoughts were.

My own personal view was initially one of shock, but again, the folks on the programme didnt get the whole of the room covered so someone could easily have been hiding behind the bed and giving the furniture a push or tug.

I want to believe but I just dont buy it yet.....:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

There is a long and extremely silly thread on this already but as you are serious we might start over again!

I loved the moving furniture and thought it very scary.
I'm hoping to see it again tonight, I think it's on, if not tonight then tomorrow.

The furniture sort of rippled as well as moving, very unusual.

Poltergeist

Silly thread?? Is that the Poo or Boo one?? I really want to believe that all this stuff's going on, but the way Im thinking right now is.....

The first series was a pretty big hit.

The best footage was probably when Yvette and the other girls were on that bed and they saw that weird thing that looked like a dangly earing floating about.

So, I cant help but think that now its the second series, Derek is firing on all cylinders (ergo when he spazzed out at Brannigans!!) and the moving furniture at that hotel made a lot of folks go 'Ooohhhh'

Remember the cross that they drew round in the dungeon and caught it moving? Again, the camera didnt get the whole paper in the shot. Coincidence??

Over the whole first series, little things happened pretty often. But in the first three or four episodes of the third series, we get more than we got in the whole of the first series of shows.

I sound like such a sceptic but I want soooooooooobabdly to believe its true.

The only thing in the defense of the show is that when they caught the moving bed and chair, I guess they probably had set the camera up to catch the ghost who sat in it and watched folks sleeping??

That's exactly what I've been thinking. They've had a lot of activity caught on tape and video in every episode of this series so far, compared to the first series which mainly consisted of Derek talking about the ghosts he was in contact with and not much else. That's probably why I'm finding this series more enjoyable than the last, which is no doubt the idea! Yes I'm skeptical :D

>Remember the cross that they drew round in the dungeon and >caught it moving? Again, the camera didnt get the whole paper >in the shot. Coincidence??

No, it was a stagehand out of camera shot pulling the bit of paper.

C'mon DPL, spill the beans, you know something we don't!!!!!!!

No win

They're in a no win situ. They catch something far out on video, people like us challenge it, they dont and no one pays interest.

Just been watching something on Bravo. Worlds Scaries Ghosts. Some pretty good alledged poltergeist activity caught on vid. Anyone see it??

The building site one was good as was the chair the kid was sat on at the table.....

The picture of the figure at the window made my skin crawl...especially when he did the light/dark thing and there, clear as day, was a skull leering at the camera...

Re: No win

roachford said:
The building site one was good as was the chair the kid was sat on at the table.....

Yeah, I watched it. I can't say I was impressed though.

When the kid was sat at the table and the chair began to move, did you notice that the woman holding the back of the chair had her left arm obscured by the kid?

And the polt activity seemed a bit pat to me. First the glass moved, then the typewriter, then the dining chair and then the rocking chair. Don't poltergeists move any number of things at the same time? I'd have been more impressed if the glass had moved without ruffling up the table cloth.

most haunted-skirriad pub

wouldnt some of the spirits who were sentanced and 'hung' by judge jefferyies wouldnt the spirits be speaking welsh?
and also the person hung in 1100ish (for stealing sheep) also be speaking welsh/saxon or at least norman french?

Yeah, I thought this weeks edition was a bit crap myself.

Wasn't Judge Jeffries around in the 1600's or thereabouts? And the sheep stealer was from 1110? Not much connection there then.

The five gravestones. Derek said one was obscure. Well, it was, in the graveyard it was unreadable, but you'd expect the ghost to know the name of the person buried under it.

And the best bit was when Derek walked towards the stairs, and, seeing a noose hanging there, decided that he thought executions had taken place in that spot. Well, there's a shocker!

Although I was impressed when he said how the original hanging beam had formerly been much higher up the stairs.

i read in a ghost book that the prisoners had to go through a upstairs window/door to walk to the scaffold?
or am i thinking of else where?

The pub has a nice biiiiiiiiiig four-poster bed in a room of judgement! JUDGEMENT! to accommodate the fearless FTMB ghost investigators though!

I saw both these shows and i was impressed by both. I've been an avid "Most haunted" fan since it started, and i'm also a bit sceptical about this new series and the amount of stuff they're getting. maybe it's a budget increase leading to better/more equiptment?

The Worlds Scariest Ghosts was a suprise to me, usually shows on Bravo starting with "World most..." are nauseating pap, but this one was quite good, i found a lot of it to be really flakey but the photo's of that woman in the house were very good. I wasn't so impressed by the bas relief rendering as they allways make faces look like either skulls or monkeys (depending on the light direction) but impressive none the less.

most of the moving stuff went in the same direction i.e towards the guy with the fishing lines in his hand. The plasterboards flying off the wall looked cool though.

orbs

werent there some orbs too??? And I think Derek Ackorah's (spelt wrong) long lost cousin was on there too!!

Looking frwrd to see the rest of the Most Haunted series. Im expecting to see in the followind progs, reams of ghosts and more compelling footage to prove sceptics wrong....

But then again..

"Spill the beans"?

OK, here goes. This is info I've picked up from a few sources:

A bit of news about Most Haunted, first of all, about the scream that was heard on the Dudley Castle event last October. I have talked to some friends who were there and this is what they say:

when Derek came out of the undercroft, there was a scream from the audience section. Yvette ran over and asked the lady who screamed what had happened. The lady said "she had just seen a lady [ghost]", and then Yvettte and the camera team cut away very abruptly without any further questioning.
My friends, who were in the audience later chanced upon the screaming lady and her two companions, one was a lady and the other was a lad with Down's Syndrome. This _other_ lady said that she had actually seen something and had gripped, or nudged her female companion, who beng a bit highly strung, shrieked. When Yvette contronted her, she, having seen nothing, made something up on the spot and mumbled the bit about the lady ghost. However, my friends who had talked to this threesome feels that the reason why the camera cut away was because of the Down's syndrome lad - he wouldn't have been photogenic you see.

I also asked my friends why Richard Felix was brought along as the historian, when the castle has its own historian, Adrian Durkin. It turns out that Adrian would have poured cold water on a lot of the stories about the castle (I was told that a universally accepted story of Dorothy Beaumont is hogwash), but this would not have looked good on camera, so he was ditched allegedly.

Another newsworthy item: I found out where this year's Most Haunted Live on Hallowe'en will take place - Woodchester Mansion. Where I hear you say? Well, its quite close to Bristol. I believe the website is
here. The place has been frequented by ghosthunters ever since the dismal ghostclub was hoaxed a few years back - you can read my own report here. The place is as haunted as a shoe box and is interesting historically, but from a psychic point of view, a waste of time. It'd be interesting what Derek picks up.

Also, Most Haunted wanted to do the event on the Summer Solstice, but the place had been booked for a party and Hallowe'en was seen as a compromise. The person who faked the events on Scream Team (at the producer's behest I should add!) will not be allowed to get up to his old tricks.....we certanly had our doubts about him on previous trips there!

Thank you DPL, most enlightening!

Re: "Spill the beans"?

DPL said:
However, my friends who had talked to this threesome feels that the reason why the camera cut away was because of the Down's syndrome lad - he wouldn't have been photogenic you see.

... the castle has its own historian, Adrian Durkin..., but this would not have looked good on camera, so he was ditched allegedly.

Interesting! But I mean, our Derek's no oil painting and although Marcel the makeup lady was a great laugh, she wasn't exactly an ideal face for TV either.

That said, she seems to have been excluded from the second series as well...

escargot said:
The pub has a nice biiiiiiiiiig four-poster bed in a room of judgement!

Big enough for me to fit under this time? :)

What on earth happened to Yvette in the graveyard that made her totally lose her sanity? I felt bad for doing it as I think she was genuinely scared but I couldn't help laughing when she started arguing with Phil. They are certainly an unwitting comedy duo sometimes.

...and another thing. The burglar alarm went off towards the end of the programme, and the landlord said that it had been set off in room 3. But he also said that the alarm had been turned off! So how did he know which room it had been set off in?

And why does the soundman have such freaky eyebrows? :confused:

I watched it again last night (twice!) and I think were we told after some investigation that the alarm was triggered in room 3.

Yvette saw something moving behind a gravestone which sent her doolally.

The Skirrid Inn is definitely on my vaguely-planned Haunted Sites of Britain Tour.

Cavynaut said:
...and another thing. The burglar alarm went off towards the end of the programme, and the landlord said that it had been set off in room 3. But he also said that the alarm had been turned off! So how did he know which room it had been set off in?

I think the controls for the alarm were in room 3, meaning that someone in room 3 turned on the alarm and something set it off, but I'm not sure as that seems like a strange place to have you're burglar alarm controls.

I went to the Skirrid on Sunday, just happened to be in the area so i thought i'd check it out. Lovely little pub/ B+B.

The only odd thing i could report is that The Minolta 35mm SLR i was using refused to work around the hanging beam.
I thought I had the settings wrong for such a dark location so i set it to manual, opened the aperture as wide as i could, set the slowest shutter speed i dare, set the flash and nothing. A passing member of staff told me "No use messing with that mate, they never work in here" Outside it worked perfectly, but it just refused inside. Odd. Aside from some funny feelings (which could be me being apprehensive after seeing the program) there was nothing else to report.

I had meant to go round the graveyard but i didn't have the time.

Back