• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Most Haunted: Bumper Compendium Thread

Erm ...

Wasn't Judge Jeffreys based in the London/Southern Counties/Kent area?

It's bloody amazing that a single "circuit judge" is associated with so many haunted locations, regardless of factual evidence of their itinery/movements.

Wahey, new series beginning tonight! Where's me legs! 14 of years! Get you away from me!

Hoorah!

Most Haunted

...or should that be "Most Shunted". Anyway, this years Hallowe'en broadcast is from Beaulieu Abbey. I've been there with the founders of the awful UK Ghost Investigators, a.k.a "The Heidi Graham Fan Club". My write up is here if you want to take a look.

Best wishes

Paul

And from yesterday's episode..

"god damn! Son of a bitch!"

Plus 2 instances of "in the residual" and "in visitation".

What a treat, eh?

Brill episode tho- two of them reckoned they saw a ghost, one was supposedly possessed, and stones were thrown form nowhere!!!
:eek:

Right at the end, I must have fallen asleep on the sofa because I replied to the sound effect screams thinking one of my daughters was calling me.:rolleyes:

escargot said:
Brill episode tho- two of them reckoned they saw a ghost, one was supposedly possessed, and stones were thrown form nowhere!!!
:eek:

Right at the end, I must have fallen asleep on the sofa because I replied to the sound effect screams thinking one of my daughters was calling me.:rolleyes:

no!, you were awake honest :D , trust me! ;)

The double-edged sword of Damocles

Every time I read of a paranormal/ghost hunt type of programme in the tv guide, I'm filled with mixed emotions (as well as damn fine beer).
I've found the positive aspect being the increasing willingness of tv companies to cover and, sometimes, go deep into research various hauntings, some well-known and some not. They expend a large amount of their budget to pay overtime to a film crew - and believe me, they aint cheap! - take time to edit things for clarity and content and to "sell" the programme to the channels execs.
The negative aspect is that it is a business and not an investigation or scientific discussion. Thus, when a tv crew turn up "at random" at a supposedly haunted location, something (if only those accursed and trifling "orbs") always turns up ... just to keep the viewers interested and the overacting focussed!
I get the feeling that if, during the course of filming, a real honest-to-goodness ghost appeared, the on-site director would automatically call for a pause in the filming to complain that the shot was too ad-libbed!

A potential audience-grabber was the all-nighter that a company held at the Tower of London. They had Paul Darrow (from Blakes 7 fame) and Claudia "Hubba Hubba" Christian (from the Babylon 5 series) fronting the programme and I had high hopes. Deary me ... I should've known better. Apart from periodic re-hashes of "paranormal" history of the Tower, the web-cams found ... zilch! The interviewees were interesting but ... space fillers! It was so disappointing - with even the presenters making a joke about the non-event - that my wife was suggesting we get Claudia and Paul to get a taxi to our place and get a hot drink to cheer up!

This is an example where tv coverage which, although useful for dissemination, should always be remembered as an entertainment medium and not necessarily a good method of encouraging interest in the paranormal.

So ... apart from publicising the "haunted history" of a place, we should view tv promotions of locations with care. Great to encourage interest and attendance but don't expect serious involvement and participation.

Go get them orbs, people!
:hmph:

Glug, hic! I totaly agree with stormKhan, hic hic, its a fun show but thats all it means to be i think hic hic burp. Let the veiwers imginations come up with what they want, the wilder the better as long as they keep coming back for more buuurrp :cross eye

Aint it amazing how many orbs they find in old falling down dusty decaying buildings?:rolleyes:

A good write-up!

Sounds like Beaulieu Abbey has the works; ghostly monks, cold spots, poltergeist activity, noises ... the whole kit!

I have often wondered how much the expectation or emotion of a group contributes to the surroundings and possible manifestations.

I really must get around to going on a vigil sometime!

Most Haunted Board

I think it's time FT gave MH a board of it's own....

There are MH threads all over the shop, it's hard to keep up.

Whadyerreckon?;)

Possibly a sub board inside "Ghosts" in the way that "Non Fortean News" threads exist inside the "Chat" board.

Should this not be in web-site issues?

I've referenced this thread in the reorganisation thread on the web site issues board.
There's always a chance that this thread might no t get noticed by the mods.

Have you ever visited the MH message boards on the Living-TV web-site?

I've been on the MH message board but didn't like it. Lots of threads which were not divided into subjects so it was hard to re-locate an interesting topic.

I will try it again but it still looks a bit crap.

I had a look earlier today at the MH boards.
Seems that it's a bit of a Degsy worship site, which I'd expect as it's obviously for MH fans.
What annoyed me too was the mish-mash of threads, one could be serious, the next just idle chatter.

What amused me though was that there are also boards for Scream-Team which has not been on for a few years and only lasted 1 series and another for Famous and Frightened which was 3 days only.... Unless of course they're planning another.

I go on the Most Haunted board, and its very slow, and the threads read from the end to the beggining(very annoying!)
Also, there is a LOT of arguing on there, mostly between the 'sceptics' and the 'believers'.

I think you'll find that most of the people on there spend most of their time criticising the show for its many faults, and don't believe a word of what Derek says. Its usually only when a live show is on that new members join up and rave about how wonderful Derek is.:rolleyes:

Back OT..

..as the question's been asked elsewhere, have answered elsewhere :).

Personally I think it's just a phase, so not worth a permanent sub-forum. The other mods have yet to have their say, however.

Or perhaps just make one thread instead of 100s?

*looks hopeful*

How many people even get this TV channel so they can actually watch it anyway?

Min Bannister said:

I do, but I don't tend to watch the show coz it scares the crap out of me - which saves on the old ex-lax.

I'm just an ole yeller belly

Min Bannister said:
If you don't have digital telly, you can always nip down to Woolies and buy the DVDs.

Most Haunted Question

Can anybody remember the episode of most haunted where absolutely nothing happened apart from the stationary camera in the bedroom that caught the chair and bed moving when shown in speeded up time? its bugging me as they never seem to show this episode when repeating the shows.

Dunno, but the episode was jokingly discussed on here at some length so perhaps the name crops up somewhere on there.

Re: Most Haunted Question

jim170175 said:
Can anybody remember the episode of most haunted where absolutely nothing happened apart from the stationary camera in the bedroom that caught the chair and bed moving when shown in speeded up time? its bugging me as they never seem to show this episode when repeating the shows.

It was the one in "The Station Hotel", nothing happened !?!? but if its all fake surely Derek could have made something up !!

Re: Re: Most Haunted Question

Kitsunegari said:
It was the one in "The Station Hotel", nothing happened !?!? but if its all fake surely Derek could have made something up !!

Perhaps he had writer's block ;)

Wasn't the Station Hotel the one where the alleged murder in the cellar had been made up by the current owners of the hotel?

Misguidedfool said:
Wasn't the Station Hotel the one where the alleged murder in the cellar had been made up by the current owners of the hotel?

Are you for real? Where did you here that?

what a palava :laughing:

Back