• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Most Haunted: Bumper Compendium Thread

millomite said:
Know what u mean but Der was great entertainment! Yvette tries too hard sometimes. I think it's interestng that they ssem to have moved th emphasis from objects beign thrown to noises and voices - what do you think?

yeah i cant agree more, and the simple fact that within a month or less she has gone from "ooh what was that" to "i think im posessed" it just dont happen like that.

even then she still screams and runs away while she is suppossedly being "posessed" with a ghost of someone or other, i think making things up like that is disrespectful to those who are dead what do you think?

I do enjoy watching the show though! Evidence is a bit thin on the ground and there is still no video of a ghost on MH (unless you know better?). Despite my scepticism I'm not sure I'd spend time on my own in the places they visit. I used to drink in the most haunted pub in York and I think you can guess where I saw the spirits!!!!

Poor old Stuart is unconscious - paramedics are on the scene. Looks like the insurance premium for the show has just gone through the roof.

Perhaps Yvette will regret asking for Karl to be harmed ("pull his hair..." etc). Poor old Stuart may have got the backlash.

millomite said:
Poor old Stuart is unconscious - paramedics are on the scene. Looks like the insurance premium for the show has just gone through the roof.

I'm not sure insurers pay out to people who are pretending.

Aah well that's it for tonight but dont have nightmares - supernatural occurrences are very rare - and probably won't occur while you are tucked up warm and cosy in your bed tonight...........or will they............

millomite said:
Aah well that's it for tonight but dont have nightmares - supernatural occurrences are very rare - and probably won't occur while you are tucked up warm and cosy in your bed tonight...........or will they............

well you know what they say, you never know if something or someone is around :lol:

especially on halloween :D

Well I was pretty much forced to watch it thanks to the girlfriend who is an avid viewer and I have to say its gone from shambles to farce. The show has nothing to redeem itself, its pure entertainment and it isn't even very good at that. It's got so bad I actually predicted how the evening would go before it started! :)

The event took place in a hugh derilict mental home. The weather was very stormy with high wind and rain. Yvette claims to hear whistling, whistling occuring whether she asks or not.....I'll give you a clue love you see all those broken windows.....

The Psychic started getting a name beginning with B, this was 5 minutes after the so called Ouija bored gave him the letters B and E.

Nothing was again captured on film or audio even though they heard the usual quota of groans, moans and growls.....noises of course no one can hear at home.

The show concludes with Yvettes husband and cousin going a bit weird.....like thats never happened before in the closing 1 hour of Most Haunted live! :)

Come on people stop watching it and let it die. The show exists soley to milk the believers of as much cash as possible, I mean I've watched the odd webcam and seen NOTHING! Given that it is an electronic device and we see what it sees if one person saw something we all would and yet after 20+ MHL they have NEVER once replied any webcam footage.

....the show appears to annoy me lol! :)

Nothing was again captured on film or audio even though they heard the usual quota of groans, moans and growls.....noises of course no one can hear at home.

but as you are probably already aware any old house or barn or church has creaks and groans and noises this does not mean every single noise they here is a ghost trying to make contact.

i dont think any ghost in thier right mind would want to make contact with Yvette Fielding. :D :lol:

Indeed GothGirl, I often wonder what it is they are actually trying to achieve with this show / live event. :)

....still they must be coining it in to afford "The Paranormal Channel". If only they had programs to show on it lol!

jaxxmanuk said:
Indeed GothGirl, I often wonder what it is they are actually trying to achieve with this show / live event. :)

....still they must be coining it in to afford "The Paranormal Channel". If only they had programs to show on it lol!

yeah if only.........

what i dont get is the fact that i think taking the p**s out of dead people is disrespectful, but they dont seem to mind that, and in any case there has never been enough proof to prove that they are seeing and hearing paranormal activities.
http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com ... -shame.jpg

Now Yvette's finished her attempt at the world land swearing record while lying in a mortuary drawer, she's conducting a live table-tipping event.

Use our energy! Use your voice! Throw things!

Ah, Yvette love, if only I were there. :lol:

escargot1 said:
Now Yvette's finished her attempt at the world land swearing record while lying in a mortuary drawer, she's conducting a live table-tipping event.

Use our energy! Use your voice! Throw things!

Ah, Yvette love, if only I were there. :lol:

but if she is that bothered by it why do it, oh yeah forgot she cant be convincing :lol:

Most Haunted offends Denbigh locals with witch curse claim

The makers of a TV ghost hunting show have upset locals by claiming their 13th century town is cursed by witches.

Publicity for the weeklong Most Haunted special, hosted by Yvette Fielding, promises viewers: "Seven spooky nights of paranormal investigation from Denbigh, a Welsh village cursed by witches."

Shown on the satellite channel Living TV, it climaxes this Friday with an exorcism and a burning inside church grounds.

LINK

Denbigh fury at ‘Village of the Damned’ slur

PRODUCERS of a TV programme hunting for ghosts in Denbigh have branded the town the “village of the damned” and claimed the place is “cursed by witches”.

The description appears as the official programme information on Living TV’s Most Haunted Live show being recorded in Denbigh throughout the week.

Thousands of viewers of the satellite TV channel on Saturday were greeted with the following write-up on screen: “Most Haunted Live: Village of the Damned. First of seven spooky nights of paranormal investigation in Denbigh, a Welsh village cursed by witches. The team try to conjure up the spirit of one of the witches.”

The unflattering depiction of Denbigh drew fresh anger last night on top of criticism already levelled at the show from local paranormal investigators and a mental health charity.

Tonight, Denbigh’s councillors are set to discuss the series and the stunts being carried out by the TV ghost-hunters around the town.

Producers are already under fire for putting ghost-hunters in straitjackets as they film inside the former North Wales psychiatric hospital on the outskirts of Denbigh.

On Saturday night, two team members dressed in straitjackets entered separate makeshift padded cells in the building, which began life as a 19th century Victorian asylum.

In fact, padded cells were never used at the North Wales Hospital, which closed in 1995.

One of the team could be seen moving around the room before finally sitting and rocking to and fro while others tried to communicate with spirits.

The seven-night run led by presenter Yvette Fielding, is set to end with an exorcism and a controlled burning inside church grounds.

Denbigh council chairman Coun Colin Hughes said he was “absolutely fuming” about the show.

The former mayor said many people had raised their concerns, particularly about the town being labelled the “Village of the Damned.”

“I am disgusted that this production company have waltzed into Denbigh and seemingly poked fun at mental illness,” he said.

“This is extremely crass and in bad taste and has upset and insulted a lot of people in the town.”

And Coun Rev Margaret Baker hit out at plans to burn the grounds at a church in an exorcism in a bid to rid the area of the spirits of three witches.

She said: “None of it is true, how can they exorcise something that isn’t there? It seems someone is playing jokes – this has caused upset to a lot of people.”

The makers of Most Haunted Live told the Daily Post last week: “In no way do we condone the stigmatising of mental illness or those who suffer with it for the purpose of entertainment. The experiments will in no way belittle or make fun of the patients.”

The show is aired this week on Living TV ending this Friday.

LINK

The unflattering depiction of Denbigh drew fresh anger last night on top of criticism already levelled at the show from local paranormal investigators and a mental health charity.

Tonight, Denbigh’s councillors are set to discuss the series and the stunts being carried out by the TV ghost-hunters around the town.

Producers are already under fire for putting ghost-hunters in straitjackets as they film inside the former North Wales psychiatric hospital on the outskirts of Denbigh.

they should never be allowed to do things like this its not right to lable a village like that they should of known they would offend them right?

as for the straight jackets thats just taking the piss, they obviously never looked into the history that well otherwise they would of known the padded rooms were not used.

[...]The makers of Most Haunted Live told the Daily Post last week: “In no way do we condone the stigmatising of mental illness or those who suffer with it for the purpose of entertainment. The experiments will in no way belittle or make fun of the patients.”

Then why do it? It isn't an experiment in the paranormal, only entertainment (as they've had to admit in the past) so why involve straight-jackets and padded cells?
And this nonsense of exorcising the "ghosts" of witches - doesn't the Church take a dim view on pseudo-occult ceremonies on their property (vide Doc Shiels)? Why cant officialdom start to get heavy on MH, if only to put a bit of restraint on their shenanigans?

i agree with you Stormkhan.

they do go too far and they never provide sufficient enough proof to be classed as evidence.

Please, oh please, don't get me started on most haunted, How in Gods name, do people actually get taken in by it?
Although i did the watch the At home with Yvette and Carl programme on saturday night, Must admit it's done their bank balances quite a lot of good.

I think they should be in the Guiness Book of Records.

I mean it must be 11 Series and about 30 Live Events and still not a single scrap of evidence not created by Karl!

I bet that they pray that they don't find any concrete evidence, if they did, what then, try to prove there isn't life after death? :D

jaxxmanuk said:
I think they should be in the Guiness Book of Records.

I mean it must be 11 Series and about 30 Live Events and still not a single scrap of evidence not created by Karl!

thats exactly what ive ben saying they really have not provided sufficient enough evidence to be credited as proof.

if mh is still running (ohhh god i hope not) then helmand province is nice at this time of year and they may take an ied meant for a soldier into the bargain.

The Stocksbridge Bypass is pretty creepy. At night. Especially the white line down the middle. :lol:

Least haunted?

I've mused that it would be interesting, out of viewership fairness, to have a show for nervous, timid types, entitled "Least Haunted". The aim would be to find somewhere bright and out in the open, where lack of rumour, living memory, historical research and archaeology suggested that nothing of note had ever happened there. In the UK this would be a challenge, as virtually anywhere seems to throw up evidence of prior habitation at some time or other.
Having said that, some would argue that Most Haunted and Least Haunted are one and the same anyway. ;)

There's a show with Michaela Strachan which just about fits the bill. She pops in for a look around and listens to a couple of stories and nips off without doing any investigation at all. Frankly, I think she just likes nosing around other people's homes.

Most haunted disppointed me

I watched and LOVED MH all the way up to the 9th series. (I think it was 9th or 10th).

There was one episode where they were exploring a stately home and Karl was on a balcony in a library and the rest of the team, including Yvette were down below looking up at him.

Books were being thrown down to Yvette and landing open on pages and the team were looking to see what pages they landed on.

Now my gripe was that all the team were acting rather non-plussed at what was happening, even Karl who was conveniently in the right place to pull books from the shelf and throw them down.

Really spoiled the show for me that event, now I can't trust the show and watching the distinctly average looking but endlessly attractive (to me)Yvette poo herself isn't as fun anymore.

Re: Most haunted disppointed me

cardinaluk said:
Really spoiled the show for me that event, now I can't trust the show and watching the distinctly average looking but endlessly attractive (to me)Yvette poo herself isn't as fun anymore.

Exactly, the endless stone/object throwing whenever bald sound chappy and Karl were around just got quite tiresome, as did the 'possession' of sound guy when he looked around him, then 'fainted' unconvincingly in the safest direction before crying about being pushed over and kicked by spirits.

I prefered it when they at least made an attempt to investigate and occasionally had a duff episode rather than invent phenomena.

Back