• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Most Haunted Places In Your Home Town

Ram: sorry about the late response. But it makes sense. Anyway you could find out what sort of dog Jack was? Phantom black dogs are usually found in Scotland. Some are friendly. some are not. They make fascinating reading.

To make a new paragraph you need to hit the enter (or whatever we're calling it)
twice. If you do it once it starts a new line
like this, but if you hit it twice it starts the new line further down

like this. So then when you've put in a sentence or two you can hit enter twice and start a fresh one which will be easier on the eye than a big block of text, especially for the older reader.

I hope this helps. I'm enjoying reading about the ghosts and the Mob anyway. Two of my favourite things!

When I was a level 3 HCA working on the Geoffrey Hodges ward at the Queen's Hospital at Burton On Trent (I think the building has since been demolished) ... we had spooky stuff going on during night shifts. There was one side room that patients kept reporting to us that children were in the room when they were close to dying .. of course we never told them about the repeating pattern because you just don't do that sort of thing but still .. we had a few old ladies either glad of or complaining about the children that would come into their room or even get into bed with them that seemed to provide comfort .. our building was a TB ward decades before we got there .. I remember sitting at the nurses station with my pager and my torch and seeing 'perhaps' figures out of the corner of my eye walking into that room although due to the nature of my work, it was probably just illusion due to my tiredness ..

We have at least one 'Hospital Ghosts' thread around here somewhere. One features a story told to me by a nurse colleague, of the Phantom Backside! :eek:

I've also worked in a place which the ghosts of children were supposed to haunt, an old former workhouse. Didn't see anything myself but heard lots of stories.

I was an agency worker there and the regular staff wound themselves up so much telling me about the spooks that they wouldn't go up to the haunted top floor & I had to put residents to bed on my own with the hoist. Highly illegal.

We have at least one 'Hospital Ghosts' thread around here somewhere. One features a story told to me by a nurse colleague, of the Phantom Backside! :eek:

I've also worked in a place which the ghosts of children were supposed to haunt, an old former workhouse. Didn't see anything myself but heard lots of stories.

I was an agency worker there and the regular staff wound themselves up so much telling me about the spooks that they wouldn't go up to the haunted top floor & I had to put residents to bed on my own with the hoist. Highly illegal.
I also used to have to single hoist someone in community care work and it's not good enough is it .. the company involved ended up losing our contract for penny pinching. The ghost kids/medication induced hallucinations seemed to provide comfort in that hospital ward side room for the patients that were about to die so we were glad about the phenomenon on that level at least.

OK what happened? That last report I made, I used the "enter" key to indent. While I was writing it was indented. When I posted the report it was no longer indented. Do I have a ghost in my computer or what the Sam hill am I doing wrong?
Yes, I saw the picture of the keyboard you posted. Thank-you. Only problem is my keyboard does not look like yours. But using the "enter" key allowed me to indent while I was writing but still posted without the indentation on the forum. Maybe I'm Hexed.
Try pressing 'Enter' twice to create a new line.
There are lots of keyboards out there, all of slightly differing design and layout. Do not worry about this. They all have an 'Enter' or 'Return' key (or both).

In 1979 my wife and I bought a house in a tiny pre-Civil war village in Ohio. The house was built in 1857 by a very prosperous farmer who later served in Congress. It was built out of red bricks that were made less than half a mile from the house. It is Romanesque in style and according to the insurance company it is three stories. The third story is actually just a large attic. Frankly we bought this place because at the time smaller houses cost too much. It was a white elephant the brokers just wanted to unload. The house started out as a grand residence for the owners large family. Later it became a Doctors residence and office, still later i9t served as the residence of the county school superintendent and served also to take overflow of students. It was used for graduation ceremonies for several terms. It later became the post office and then The Shannondoah Tea Room Resturant. Then in the 60's it became a rest home with a lousy reputation. The state closed it down and it was rented to first one then another, none of which would stay there ore than a few months. It was empty and for all intent abandoned for 8 years. A woman from Columbus bought it for almost noting hoping to reestablish the Tea Room. After a couple years she gave up the notion and put the house back on the market.

At that point my wife and I bought it. It needed a new roof, water tank, and furnace. but was sound otherwise. I new it was going to take a lot of work but we bought in early spring so I had three months (school's out) to get it started. In the first place the modern flimsy front door had to go; the found the original door in the garage. The winding front stairwell had been enclosed (state requirement for rest homes) and that had to be removed. The Parlour had been divided into six bedrooms for patients, that had to go. The floor had been tiled with the most gosh awful tile you ever saw
and that all needed to be taken up and the black pitch they used to secure had to be sanded out. Thank goodness they did not lower the ceilings though we were told they had planned to. And the kitchen looked like something out of "Grapes of Wrath". Luckily most of the damage was downstairs and we were able to use the upstairs bedrooms after cleaning and painting. The house had two and a half baths. Well that was a joke, they worked, sort of. Imagine a couple out houses tacked on the side of a mansion. The half bath was located n an old coat closet. When we decided to turn one of the upstairs bedrooms into a bath, the removal of the two add on bath was too easy. We thought we'd tear down those baths from the top down. The crew helping us install the new bath took a crow bar and inserted it behind the door facing that led into that bath ad then he had to jump quickly because both of those bathrooms came crashing down into the side yard. The guy tirns to me and says, "You guys were actually using THOSE baths?" Yeah its a wonder we didn't find ourselves setting on the jon in the side yard.

This house's craziness began very early. Local children were warning us not to move into the haunted house. I'd say' Oh come on how do you know its haunted?" They'd reply some relative had rented the place were scared to stay. I figured it was the adults way of keeping kids away from abandoned property.

The first really strange incident occurred to my wife. We had been working on making the place liveable and the local school started which curtailed my labors considerably. One day, early in the school year, I came home work. walked through the kitchen and my wife was ironing (yes, they use to do that) in the library as it was about the only spot big enough for an ironing board. I sad, "Hi!" and I thought my wife was going to jump to the chandelier. She said I scared her. She said you'll never believe what I've been through today. "So tell me", I said. "First of all Carol called me" (Carol was a friend of my wife since they were in college together, but Carol lived in the Washington DC area at this time.) While I was talking to Carol the Parlor lights kept going off and on. Keep in mind we kept the doors locked at this time because we still weren't certain about the area. My wife could see the lights in the parlor because many of our doorways have a transom over them. Carol said that perhaps my wife should check it out and she would remain on the phone. So my wife said the she and our two schnauzers (Salt and Pepper) started down the side hall. She didn't go directly from the kitchen phone to the parlor because I had a pile of wood piled in front of the parlor door. She said she and the dogs got about halfway down the hall when she heard some one wearing something that sounded like hobnailed boots come out of the side parlor door into the hallway. She said both dogs took off for the kitchen as fast as their little cowardly legs would carry them. She said, "I froze on the spot. The clomping footsteps approached me, past me with a cold wind and proceeded down the hall where I heard a door open and close." There was no door, at that time, at the end of that hall.
Thus the fun began.

The two brave schnauzers, by the way, were found hiding under the kitchen table.

A small dog, not one of ours, was frequently seen on or near the back stars. He appeared to be a jack russel type. My dogs at the time didn't seem to notice him. He showed up at various times to one or both of us. At first I tried to catch him figuring he was a neighbors pet. But he'd disappear whenever I approached and disappear even when there was no place to disappear to.

I had most of the wood out of the house by spring and we were beginning to get the place so visitors could safely visit. I had one friend, a fellow who had an almost obsessive interest in local history who would frequently drop in. One evening we were sitting chatting in the Library. We had just had a late snow fall and the ground was white. All of a sudden the bookcase on the southern wall coughed; not a single coff, but a repeated hack. "What the heck", our friend said. "I'll bet some noisy body was eavesdropping on us". "I don't see how, I replied, As thick as those walls are not much carries through." But he insisted we go outside and check the snow for foot prints. Thats what we did, there were no prints of any kind there except ours. That book case has made numerous strange sounds over the years. I even drilled several test holes in the back of it looking for a hollow finding none.

Its getting late. I'll pick up later.

"Thus the fun began."

I feel a movie coming on. Could they get Nicolas Cage to play you?

Looking forward to the next instalment.

A few days after the koffing bookcase the same fellow was again visiting, Nothing of note occurred until he got up to leave. As we walked through the parlor toward the front door a very heavy brass stand with a large fern atop it started gyrating and rocking across the floor. We felt no vibration and nothing that could have effected that stand. As I reach for it to steady it, I feared it was about to topple over, it stopped moving but loud thumps occurred under our feet and a sound like a very heavy door slamming sounded from the basement. This portion of the hallway, just in front of the front door is not over the main basement. Only a crawl space exists under the front hall. We have no heavy doors in the basement only a light weight that's kept locked in the basement proper.

Our basement is not a nice place. When the house was built there was a spring in the basement. That was deliberate as there was no refrigeration in the 1800's. Milk and butter and other perishables were kept in the cool 50 degree waters of the spring. Several attempts, in modern times, to divert the spring met with only partial success. So we have a wet or very damp basement all of the time. Actually only the main room in the basement is wet but the other three rooms are damp. The furnace room has been elevated somewhat with a concrete floor to protect the furnace. No one goes to the basement except to tend the furnace. To my knowledge my wife's only visit to the basement was when we were buying the place. She refuses to go there. Another interesting fact is the basement door that leads out of the kitchen to the stairs to the basement is made of heavy guage metal and has a barlock on the kitchen side of the door. So there are two places in this house my wife refuses to set foot, the basement and third floor (attic).

One night, several years ago, as I made my way to the bathroom (probably about 3 or 4 am) I distinctly heard a girl sobbing loudly in the Green room (one of our many bedrooms). Looking into the room I said, "Whats the matter?" or some such and the weeping stopped. I turned on the light and there was nothing to be seen.

For the first of several years, at least once during the year, my wife and I would be shocked awake at 3 am by the horrific sound of breaking glass. Even though it had happened several years you still come ot of you bed figuring something came through one or more of the twelve foot front windows. Every time we hae investigated in the house and outside without ever finding a shard of broken glass. Luckily we have not had that experience now for several years.

The village use to have a Marshal. The grant ran out and we don't any more. The Marshal asked me one ay as we where chatting in the post office what on earth we do all night long? I sad, "Sleep, why". He said, "I post myself out beside the church ( one of two in town) and I have a clear view if the road and your house and your downstairs lights are going off and on til daylight". Of that matter, I have no idea.

My wife's cousin paid us a visit and we put hin in the Noah room bedroom. Its called the Noah roo because my wife collects Noah's Ark bric a brac. He came down to breakfast one morning swearing someone pushed hum down in the bedroom, He felt a hand on his back. Ever after that when the cousin paid us a visit, they stayed at a motel. Her cousin, by the way, is a Baptist Minister.

This same cousin, during an earlier visit, asked us if we allowed our dogs to be loose at night. I said, no, they're tied to our bedroom's heat register in their own beds. He then said, "That's strange, the wife and I were awakened by something scratching at the door. But when I went to the door there was nothing there."

One of the strangest things happened during our second year here. I was rummaging around in the basement and my wife was painting in the Dining room. She was up on a ladder and had a clear view if the rear half of the kitchen. She said, "All of a sudden I saw a black child in coveralls carrying a large lantern standing in the kitchen". Thinking a neighborhood child had wandered in she come down the ladder to see what was going on. more later

Sorry about that I had to stop. Anyway my wife came down from the ladder and rushed into the kitchen only to find no ne there. She called me up from the basement. I had just found the kerosene tank off of what had once been a large meeting house lantern. I asked what's wrong and she insisted help her look for the child with the lamp which she was certain did not have time to leave by an outside door. Needless to say there was no such child. She said the child was 9 or 10, black, barefoot and carrying a lantern really too big for him to easily handle. But it was obvious he wasn't in the house. Later, relating the story at the local post office (local gossip place of the village) I was informed by several local residents that that boy's name was Ransom. He and his mother were servants for the congressman who owned our house. They lived on the third floor (Attic) of the house. This might explain the math problems we found on the attic walls. They had been worked with charcoal and chalk or clay. The boy grew up to be rather well educated and prosperous for that day and age.

We were considering wall papering the parlor when I finally got it restored. But earlier attempts at wall papering obviously resulted in less than ideal finishes. My wife read in "Old House Journal" how some residents of old would wad up a towel, dip it in paint and stamp the walls with it. The effect was outstanding. People have asked where on earth we found the wall paper. But while working the wall stamping we started to hear what sounded very much like harpsichord music. I checked the house, I even went outside and checked; that music could only be heard in the parlor. It couldn't even be heard in the hallway running beside the side door of the parlor. We heard this mysterious music on several occasions while working in the parlor. According to local historians the original owner of this house played the harpsichord.

When we first moved here we did have a next door neighbor. She was elderly, in her 80's, but full of orneriness. She was a lot of fun, a really good hearted soul. But time takes its toll and she passed away. We knew she had gone to the hospital but we were told it was minor and she would probably be home in a few days. My wife and I were in the den watching TV. This was an old set whereas you had to get off your butt to change channels or change volume or stabilize it. At 4 minutes past 10 o'clock, as we were watching some program, the TV changed channels. It never did that before and it never did it again. But we were informed, by friends, that Lizzie past away at 10:04 . Coincidence? Personally I think it was her funny way of saying "Goodbye". Several years later I bought her house and I use it for storage.

I had a male schnauzer we named Briggy. I had the little guy for 18 years. I never had a dog as laid back as he was. But he had one trait or whatever, that about drove the wife and I nuts. Frequently he would sit in the doorway between the dining room and the parlor. Looking into the dark parlor his head would move like he was watching something. A couple of times I turned on the parlor lights to see if anything was there. Nothing I could see, but the pup would look at me as if to say "What the heck did you do that for".

The first few years we lived here the dogs (we had two at the time) would absolutely refuse to go upstairs at night. On those occasions we had to carry them up. Maybe they just weren't ready to bd down yet or maybe ?? The problem no longer exists. Now the dog we have and had are all too willing to go upstairs at night.

When we first moved in and for several years thereafter we would leave the house of a morning, either by front door or side door, and we would find shards of purple colored glass and pieces of wooden furniture laying in the middle of the walk way. The wood often appeared to be from something that had been painted multiple times. As for where this stuff came from is a mystery not solved. But it hasn't repeated in quite a few years now.

I may have said this before but when we first moved in that first Halloween on beggars night we left the front lights on meaning we were treating. We had one trick or treater. They walked right past the "haunted house". The second year we had a few but most past us by. The third year the village leaders goofed and had beggars night on a different night from the much larger town just 10 mils down the road. Those kids were not aware we we're haunted and I gave out quite a few treats. Since then we have had loads of kids from around here. Last few Halloweens I have treated about 400 trick or treaters. The whole surrounding area come to town for Trick or Treat and the party hosted by the local volunteer fire department.

We have a two tiered side porch. The upstairs porch is screened in and we often would keep the door open at night to let in cooler air. One night, on an especially hot night my wife moved to the Green room right off the porch, figuring it had to be cooler with the door to the outside open. In the middle of the night my wife woke me up getting back into our bed in the master bedroom. "Wha'ts wrong?" I said, She replied, "Something got into bed with me." The net day, when I was awake she said she felt the bed sink on the side and thought I had come in the Green room too. But when she ran her hand over, expecting to connect with me; she connected with nothing and the bed was still sunk on that side. She beat a hasty retreat back to the hot old master bed room.

Since we moved here the sound of someone walking has become rather commonplace. It doesn't happen all the time by any means but it is frequent. The sound of walked hard wood floors even though most rooms are now carpeted. At first when these steps occurred our dogs would run and investigate. But not anymore. If the sound is especially loud or close they will perk up but no longer investigate.

When we first came here w also had a white long haired cat. She got along with the dogs just fine, even playing with them at times. For what ever reason she preferred the basement and as long as we had her there were no mice seen in the house. She passed away at 14 and we got another cat as a kitten. The dogs accepted her and when she got full grown she also preferred the basement. One day as I was reading in the library I heard a Kerthump and a short meow from the basement and wondered what she had gotten into. I should have checked right then. But I wasn't alarmed and I didn't. That cat was never seen again. There is absolutely no place she could have gotten out and even if she had we would have found her close to the house. We now refer to her as the cat the house ate. I haven't had a cat since.

Early on my wife insisted on a mirror over the sink in the bathroom. Even though she had a full length one. So I got her one of the typical round mirrors and fastened it over the sink. The next morning the mirror was lying face down in the hallway in front of the bath. It wasn't broken, yet it had to fall into a porcelain sink and make a 90 degree turn and fall onto a hardwood floor and land face down without breaking. Remarkable feat, wouldn't you say? How about 3 times n a single week? Never broke. We gave up trying to have a mirror over the sink. Thank goodness we have no such problem with the new bathrooms.

I this tale is too long, say so. I won't be insulted. These things have been going on for over 36 years so they are not a daily thing. I just learned after the house down on the river to keep a journal and its surprising how many entries pile up over the years.

One afternoon as I was working in the master bedroom, I distinctly heard my name spoken. I looked up expecting to see my wife n the doorway. She, nor anyone else was, then I heard, "I am not allowed to help you". Not allowed to help me what? A cryptic message certainly; but to what purpose?

One thing that can really drive a person bonkers is the infernal murmering. This has occurred at least three ties since we moved here. I would be working someplace in the house when it would start. Low sounds of voices. Sounds like a gathering of people who are talking but talking so low you cannot make out anything being said. Each time I have checked out every room, every TV set Every radio, nada, I have even checked outside, nothing. The sound is the same in every room. It lasts probably upwards of half an hour. No source is ever located. I even got a sound activated recorder hoping to tape the sounds and have them evaluated. They have not yet occurred so I can.

A few years ago we had a siege of door openings..Actually it was only one door but in the middle of winter it can be most inconvenient. The door that goes to the outside from the green bedroom onto the upper story of our side porch. We feel a cold draft in the house and upon inspection would find that door wide open letting in lots of cold air. At first we thought it was blowing open. I would shut it making sure the latch had properly caught. A few days later we got the cold air again and the door would be wide open. This place is hard enough to heat so I got a slide bolt and put it on the door. I shut it and latched it tightly. A few days later the latch was undone and the door was open. Then the problem ended. For which I was and am thankful. More later

I don't know that it is amazing. Its just old and large. My wife knows more how to attach photos. First I'll need to dig up a few and see if I can talk her into sending.

Our village has one grocery store. Actually more of a convenience type. They carry the basics and little else. A good place to shoot the breeze with your neighbors and friends. Some time ago while I was picking up some bread a fellow approached me. Said he was a truck driver and made deliveries to the store. Ask me if I owned "The Haunted House"? I figured I was about to get a ribbing, but as he continued he seemed serious enough. He said, "Last winter I was making a delivery here during that first big snow"." I was a bit early and the store hadn't opened yet". " So I sat out front drinking some coffee out of my thermos. Suddenly someone was tapping on my side window. I looked over and it was a young lady, maybe mid to late 20's. She asked if I knew when the store would open. I looked at my atch and said in 10 or 15 minutes." When I looked up she wasn't there. Whoa, I thought how could she disappear so fast. I looked down at the pavement there were no foot prints in the snow. I even got out of the truck and looked. Nothing. Then I realized that girl was standing in 20 degree weather wearing only a light blue cotton dress. By that time the store was opening and I could make my deliveries. I just thought you might find my story interesting. At least I didn't think you'd make fun of it or me." "I assured him that those who have seen ghosts do not make fun of others who do."

Last edited by a moderator:
As I was sitting at my computer answering some posts I heard footsteps come from th kitchen area and into the dining room and heard the dining room light switch flick on. My dogs ran out of the library where I was and I just figured it was my wife who had been out. I called to my wife but got no answer. So I got up to see if she needed help carrying anything in. The dining room light was on but no sign of my wife and the dogs were pacing and sniffing the air. I walked into the kitchen to the side entrance that we most commonly use and looked out on th driveway. My wife's car was not there. I even heard the swish of fabric with the footsteps. Now I have no idea what I heard nor how the dining room light got on. My wife arrived about 40 minutes later. In this case even the dogs heard it and were confused.

My neighbor from across the street has a pre-civil war brick house too. His is actually older than mine, being built circa 1842. The house has Romanesque features but is two story, no attic, and more spread out. One afternoon the owner of the house, a good friend of ours who is a professional photographer, come hurrying across the street to see us. He says, "I have a story to tell." I'm telling you guys because I know you won't laugh and I have to tell somebody".

"You know my father-in-law". Y3es I knew his father in law, a very stern no nonsense type. "Well he told us this morning, at breakfast, that he saw a young girl, nine or 10 years old, dressed in a bed gown walk across his room last night. And, he continued, that's not the first time I've seen her. The last time I stayed over night I saw her but I just chalked it up to a dream. Well it isn't a dream last night. You've got a child' spirit haunting this house." As my neighbor pointed out his father in law is ram rod straight and for him to admit he saw a ghost must have really been something."

"Then my neighbor continued, That's not all. I called my sister to tell her about it even though I expected a real ribbing from her. She said, well since you brought it up. I believe him. The twins came into the kitchen one day last week and asked who the man was that went upstairs. I said, No man had better have gone upstairs, but they insisted one did. S we went upstairs to see. No one was there but the twins insisted they saw him and pointed out the bedroom he went into. Then yesterday she said they saw a picture of a civil war soldier in a magazine and said thats how the man was dressed that went upstairs."

My neighbor is totally honest. He is not one to tell tall tales.

On several occasions I tried dusting the basement floor with flour to see f any footprints appeared. One set of mouse tracks awarded my effort. Even though I set up the sound activated tape recorder in the basement to see if anything came through. At this time I had no cat in the basement nor any other pet. When you are in this cellar it is very quiet. Almost nothing comes through. My dogs barking in the kitchen can be heard but conversations and other household sounds cannot. My setting up the recorder is very evident on the tape and my taking my leave up the cellar stairs is in evidence. When I retrieved the recorder there was a lot of blank tape which I do not understand because the machine only records if there is sound. There is the sound of foot steps approaching the recorder. I figured it was me retrieving it; but the next sound is the cellar door creaking open and foot steps coming down the stairs to retrieve the recorder. So who or what made the other foot sounds?

I'm only up to April 2006. Let me know if I become a bore.

I hardly think its that good. Its just day by day quirkiness. Might make a good comedy. The house on the river in West Virginia might be made into a Halloween story.

But with he house on the river I'd have to change the names and locations. Its been a long time but I'm not wanting to irk any Mafia relatives.

Continuing with the pre civil war house saga.

In 2006 as I put up the Christmas tree and planned on decorating it. Its a twelve footer reaching almost to the ceiling. I knew I'd have to use the step ladder so I put our two schnauzers out of the room. I was afraid their frolicking could upset the tree or me. Once I got the tree decorated and the ladder put away I allowed the dogs back into the room. Rowdy, my older dog, ran into the room and right for me. The tree was no big deal for him he would rather have his chest scratched. But Shadow, the younger dog ran right past us and out the side parlor door, into the front hall way and up the steps. She came to a screeching halt near the turn in the stairs. She became rigid, her ruff stood up and she began a frantic and very loud bark. She was scared. But of what? There is nothing at the turn in the stairs but more steps and the upstairs was only carpet and floor to the upstairs eastern hall. Rowdy stood beside me looking up the stairs but not showing any undue emotion. Calling Shadow did not do any good. She was sounding almost hysterical. So I started up the stairs. I got up about mid way Shadow turned and flew back down the stairs almost running over the Rowdy made a turn into the parlor throwing a throw rug up against the front door in making the turn, ran through the parlor, through the dining room and into the kitchen.

So what did Shadow see or sense that we could not and that includes her older partner? That's another mystery that is unsolved.

Late one afternoon I came home from teaching at a local school. I went up to our bedroom to change my clothes. I put up the gate at the foot of the stairs as I didn't want to chase after the dogs when I was ready to come back down. So I closed the bedroom door when I took my every day clothes off the hanger on the back of the door. As I was changing I heard a dog sniffing at the bedroom door. "Just a minute" I said thinking discustedly that one of the dogs had knocked down the stairs gate. More sniffing followed by a snort which usually indicated impatience. Wait a minute, dang it, you're not supposed to be up here anyway" I fairly shouted. More sniffing under the door and a couple of snorts. A bit ticked I grabbed the door knob and opened the door. There was nothing there. There was no place in the long hall way any dog could have run to. The bedroom doors upstairs are kept closed and no dog, not even a greyhound, could have made it into the bathroom at the end of the hall. I went down stairs. The stair gate was still up. Rowdy was sleep in the dining room and Shadow was asleep in the kitchen. What was at my door?

One evening as we were about to sit down to supper, the door knob on the west side door of the kitchen started to ratte and even turned. I got up, moved quickly to the door and looked out. No one was in sight. No one is likely to have moved fast enough to escape discovery. There is nothing near that door way to hide behind. There is always wind around here but no high wind that could rattle or turn door knobs.

In the evening before the wife and I sit down to supper we prepare the dogs food. One evening I got their food ready and called them. You can hear them coming, racing from where ever to the kitchen, The fist to arrive on this evening was Rowdy who immediately lit into hid bowl. Quickly followed by Shadow who headed for her bowl. A third dog rounded the corner and I did a double-take. The second look disclosed no dog. But A distinctly saw a third schnauzer. Rowdy is grey and white, Shadow is coal black, this third dog was grey and white, a bit lighter than Rowdy. I sw it. He may only have been there a 2 or 3 seconds, but I did see it. These things happen so fast you haven't 5time to evaluate them. I wasn't thinking of any dogs but the two I was feeding. Where did number three come from? If it was my subconscious then why?

Ram: sorry about the late response. But it makes sense. Anyway you could find out what sort of dog Jack was? Phantom black dogs are usually found in Scotland. Some are friendly. some are not. They make fascinating reading.

There doesn't seem to be a record it happened very early 1900's the bridge they got caught under
as been replaced not surprising really as you could see it moving on a high tide, strangely crossing
the new bridge not long ago there was someone threatening to jump, those that have seen the ghost
dog say it is friendly and though they don't give a breed they seem to describe a black light framed
Labrador.

I love to hear those dog stories, I guess because I love dogs and I have experienced several dog episodes here and not all of them involved schnauzers which I have owned.

Back