• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mount Lassen, 4 bigfoot pictures.

Human_84

Somewhat human
I saw this on cryptoszoology.com today. Running a search at FTMB gave me nothing, so I'm posting this. This last one IMO gives major credibility to the patterson film. The reason I thought patterson was fake is because of the obvious eye-slit in the "costume". But this shows the exact thing, see picture number 4.

We have bigfoot standing there.
balls.jpg

Splashing water up, supposedly getting rid of mosquitoes.
shower_far.jpg

Again...
shower_close.jpg

Photo while he charged at him and his wife.
walking.jpg

FT ran an expose of the Patteron Film a few issues ago. Other than that, I havn't seen these pics before. Thanks.

rjm said:
FT ran an expose of the Patteron Film a few issues ago. Other than that, I havn't seen these pics before. Thanks.

Well, this is seperate from the patterson film. I just was relating the "eye slits" to the patterson film.

And I hadn't seen these before either. Supposed to have been taken in the 70's though. Just now being put online? I'm not sure. Someone probably knows more about this and can tell us.

The first one looks fake and the last one could easily be someone in a suit, but I too would like to know about the background to these pictures before I judge.

Seems to me that there are some scale issues going on - difficult to tell completely as I don't know how tall this 'creature' is reported to have been. But it does look 'odd', in the sense of looking not completely kosher...

I agree - there is something not quite right about these but I'm not sure what.

Photo four definitely looks like someone in a suit.

Also, how close was the photographer to take these snaps? He was very brave to keep going when the beast was charging him.

Interesting though. Is there any more information on them?

some of my family would still be snapping sunsets while bigfoot jumped on their heads...

They look very much like the creatures Ivan Marx
was following in his movie "The Legend of Bigfoot".
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0279919/

He stuck by his claim that the creatures shown
were authentic, and several of them were shown
"feeding" and/or "cleaning" themselves at the
edge of a swamp. They also have the same "scale" issues
that Quake mentions regarding these photos.

The 1970's time period fits, too...

FWIW
TVgeek

First and foremost these look nothing like the Patterson creature. Thats if you believe the former Rodeo Rider filmed a genuine bigfoot. In fact if you look at all the supposed pictures of a bigfoot; none of them are of the same type of creature. The Frank Hansen iceman is clearly modled on a humanlike creature. Patterson's one looks like a giant Gorrila type. And theres that one that looks like a gorrilla body with a human like head standing in a river. And now this garbage.

Who knows?? But, much fun to look at and wonder. One of these days something will show up ( a body) or a capture..or nothing.Right now it basically does not exist..no proof.. Till then we wonder..Bigfoot is one of the most head skratching crypto creatures around even for skeptics.

The screen captures of the supposed sasquatch are from a video shot by arch-bigfoot hoaxer Ivan Marx, and sold by him through mail order in the early 1990's. I once owned a fuzzy, fifth-generation copy of the tape and was struck by the horrible awfulness of the obviously fake fuzzy whatsis. REALLY bad attempt at hoaxed bigfoot footage ( the enormous dangling sasquatch genitalia were a nice touch, though ). Wouldn't convince a one-eyed myopic. Suffering from glaucoma. Who'd lost his glasses. Makes the Patterson footage look like it was directed by Orson Welles.

Nice update there ignatius !! Thats what I like about this forum!! fast!! info!! I live not far from Skunk ape territory (where those really GOOD PICTURES were taken note long ago I'm sure everyone here has seen..they are online) If anyone ever plans on coming to Florida ,let me know! we can go have a look see ! If anyone here knows Nick Rdefern (he now lives in Texas) and if he's ever planning on coming down here ..I'll go with him ..I'm suprised there's not been any real good searches here.. :?:

Dessie said:
First and foremost these look nothing like the Patterson creature.

I'll show you how untrue your statement is....
Just look at that face. Patterson may be slightly more bulky, but everything else matches up to a tee.

Patterson
patters1.jpg

Mount Lassen
walking.jpg

I'd love to believe them but.......they look like a bloke dressed up :(

Possibly just an impression, but the arms on this one look shorter in proportion than the arms on the Patterson one. Also looks as if this one isn't particularly tall, but without any references for size, it's hard to tell.

IMO this one is really is just someone in a costume.

i wish i could remember exactly wherei saw it, but i saw a show on television that had an interview with the guy who claims to have been the one who dressed up in a monkey suit. he was a large guy, and descibed all the details of the hoax. since then, i still see people talking as if it is real, and it has always confused me.
isn't this debunked?
these photo's also look like a person in a suit to me, but who knows, maybe bigfoot's just look like that lol

Lenny, you are talking about the Patterson Film, right? I'm not sure how many people who were in the "it's legit" or even the "not sure" group moved over to the "fraud" position as a result of Bob Heironimus' *confession*, but I'm guessing not too many. IMVHO, the Karl Korff/Greg Long *expose* is intriguing, plausible, but far from compelling. Here's a link to the Patterson Film thread: http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1395

ignatius said:
The screen captures of the supposed sasquatch are from a video shot by arch-bigfoot hoaxer Ivan Marx, and sold by him through mail order in the early 1990's. I once owned a fuzzy, fifth-generation copy of the tape and was struck by the horrible awfulness of the obviously fake fuzzy whatsis. REALLY bad attempt at hoaxed bigfoot footage ( the enormous dangling sasquatch genitalia were a nice touch, though ). Wouldn't convince a one-eyed myopic. Suffering from glaucoma. Who'd lost his glasses. Makes the Patterson footage look like it was directed by Orson Welles.

Some people still believe:
www.rfthomas.clara.net/news/lasting.html

Another picture here (looks fake):
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5405145/

Of course one may ask where these pictures came from? WWN 1983 (for some reason they are clearly doing the rounds again on blogs):
www.perspectivas.com.mx/noticias/index.php/2005/04/21/

pos. due to their being featured on Coast to Coast AM a few days ago:
www.pangeainstitute.us/photogallery/dis ... at=0&pos=1

More images are on this hoaxed Bigfoot pictures page:
www.geocities.com/tomkinson99/hoaxes/hoaxes.html

Has anyone else noticed that the last photo of the set is taken in full sun (like the Patterson film) while the other three are taken in very flat light?

It suggets to me that the photos were taken on at least two seperate occasions (though it could just possibly have been an overcast day with sunny spells).

Austen said:
Has anyone else noticed that the last photo of the set is taken in full sun (like the Patterson film) while the other three are taken in very flat light?

It suggets to me that the photos were taken on at least two seperate occasions (though it could just possibly have been an overcast day with sunny spells).

I THINK, that the last one was a frame from video. Because they'd said that they "video taped" as the ape charged them. By the way, doesn't the last picture bear a shocking resemblence to the patterson film? Look at that face why dont you all.

Im not at all sure about these photos.

My concern is, if there `were` real photos or a film (a film would be better) How would we tell they were real?

wow...

pic #4 looks so fake that you'd think they wouldnt let anyone see it. Bigfoot looks like he just returned from the hair salon, all shiny and sleek. Wow, Bigfoot would you like to sponsor my new line of hair conditioning products? I assumed you'd be covered in feces or something. :roll:

Great links Emperor ! So much on this subject ! Can it ALL be hoaxes it boggles the mind!! Lots of folks making $$$ is that it is that bigfoot? but in the back of ur mind ..its still a maybe . :?

I thought he was too plush too.

But then so are some other primates.

Back