• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

MPs Receive Strange Message In Westminster Internal Post

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Mods: Please note that zero political attitude is intended by me. This is just about a weird letter delivered via MPs' internal mail.

"MPs have been welcomed back to their desks today by an incredibly creepy leaflet [expressing a point of view about a contentious political issue].

On the front is the name of just about every god in multiple languages. Every ‘o’ has been swapped for a smiley face and the unhinged text inside, urging MPs to [take action re the issue], is full of bible quotes and text speak.

Front and centre was a symbol famously adapted by Prince as his new stage name in 2017 – is he back from beyond the grave?…

Creepy-letter-cover.png

The leaflet was sent in the internal post to MPs, meaning it was not posted and had to instead be dropped off by a visitor within the building."

maximus otter

After sampling some of the names on the front, it appears they represent the Anglicized name of a single / central (monotheistic style) god or creator in multiple languages (as opposed to being the names of multiple gods).[*]

The use of Prince's glyph ("Love Symbol"; "Love Symbol #2") is interesting. When Prince died in 2016 there was speculation the glyph might become (if it hadn't already) a generic symbol analogous to the peace sign.

Absent any other clues, I guess this is an example of its being used as such a generic symbol.

[*] In a more Fortean vein ... One might ask if the cover design represents some sort of play on Clarke's "Nine Billion Names of God" (recently mentioned elsewhere on the forum).

"Please say 'no' to division, isolation, separation, pride, nostalgia, suspicion, mockery, oppression." All referenced to a passage in the bible.

Eccentric yes. "Creepy" not so much, I think.

[also, edit - "Every ‘o’ has been swapped for a smiley face" - hyperbole as the front of the pamphlet has unadorned o's. The link itself might be just as eccentric...]

Last edited:
Front and centre was a symbol famously adapted by Prince as his new stage name in 2017 – is he back from beyond the grave?…

Creepy-letter-cover.png

The leaflet was sent in the internal post to MPs, meaning it was not posted and had to instead be dropped off by a visitor within the building."

maximus otter
Prince's new stage name is older than 2017(he died in 2016). He took that name in 1993.

Does remind me of the antics of a certain (in)famous forum member who was banned twice.

The drawing style looks like Hunt Emerson.

It looks like the sort of artwork one might have found in an underground zine or maybe a fan-zine years ago. I wonder if it was original to this leaflet or recycled from an earlier presentation.

It looks like the sort of artwork one might have found in an underground zine or maybe a fan-zine years ago. I wonder if it was original to this leaflet or recycled from an earlier presentation.
It definitely looks like the work of an experienced comic artist.

Has anyone seen any mention of this leaflet that didn't originate with the Guido Fawkes site?

There's one other site that's copied the item verbatim from the GF site.

It seems to be a single-source story.

Or a doodle from the back of a 14-yr-old's jotter.
The handwriting is too tidy.
Attractive handwriting, I like it. Don't care about the sentiment. I'm shallow.

The use of "4u" throughout, and a mention of "Paisley Park" at the very end are also Prince references.

Also the second-to-last page says "YouTube: Prince: One Song".

Back