• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Murderers: How Many Have You Met?

A

Anonymous

im a law abideing sort of bloke, my contacts with police stations have all been me takein' dogs or wallets ive found in the street. But i was thinking this morning on Murder.... ive met more murderers than poilicemen! ive tooted them up and have four probables..as follows...

Out hitchhikeing one day a few years ago a bloke gave me a lift in his van and we chatted quite maicably about stuff... months latter i wave to him in his van in the street and the guy i was talking to asked if i knew him...turns out he once robber a jewlers tied the jewler up and the unfortunate guy died. Manslaughter 6 yrs ..

I was wandering down the hill to get a bulb from Motorworld. A very drunk and agressive bloke screems at me "get your f'in hair cut" (!)... luckily he was to drunk to do anything else. Months latter it is found he has killed his wife and children and buried them patialy under hid garage and partialy in a fild about 1/2 a mile away.

I get talking to a bloke who is helping a friend of mine to put up a sign. Hes come down here to get over a long strech inside for alegedly rolling a car (crashed) over on his wife.

One of my close neigbours now middle aged murdered a girl one night when under 18...

thats apart form satate sanctioned killing, father in law killed Koreans and chinese, Ex SAS person Argentines,Irish and one German run over by a tank they were driveing..(im tempted to say ..late result there......buts its not funny realy!)

There was a kid I knew in highschool...never really cared to be around him that much, always got an ill vibe from him. All my friends used to laugh at me when I told them about it, saying how nice and sweet a guy he was.

Well, the year I got shipped off to boarding school, this nice sweet kid killed his entire family with a shotgun, taking the time out to call a friend of mine in the process. Was a huge scandal and all over the media.

Perhaps many of us have met murderers without knowing it - either the crimes are unsolved, or they haven't been arrested yet . . .:eek:

Carole

A woman I lived with a couple of years ago met a guy, and was getting along fine, doing all the usual stuff.

One night they were in bed after having a smoke, he belched then said "I killed someone once".

Passion killer that that was, the relationship was soon terminated.

I suppose there's never a right time to tell someone you're a murderer, but talk about picking your moment...

There was a guy hanging around town many years ago. It's a college town and he was in his 30s; could be seen reading his shitty poetry to 20-year-old babes. Evidently, he had been married and his wife ran off with another man. He methodically tracked them down to Texas and murdered them.

This was enough for me to never acknowledge him. Unfortunately, he liked my rock band and would come to our shows and do his crazy dance. When I reminded people who spoke kindly of him that he was a MURDERER, many said that he had done his time and was OK now. As if a crime of passion (that involved tracking people down for weeks!) is excusable.

Two people I used to know murdered people, but I don't know anyone who committed a murder in the past - er.... you know what I mean I hope.

I also knew three people who were murdered.

Best wishes,
The Jonah

I'm not sure if this counts, since it was only ever suspicion on my part...

While working in the West Mids in the 80s, I worked with a lady who told me about a friend of hers who vanished one night while out buying fish and chips for himself, his mother and his brother, as he did every Thursday night. Just gone. Locked car found with a cold fish and chip supper on the rear seat of the car, near a large park in the town.

Fast forward three or four months they found his head in a storm drain under the park, and in one of the culverts a yellow nylon rope from which they though he had been hung, the head and body parting company due to decay. The deceased was not known to own this rope, but he could have bought it unbeknownst.

They never did find his body, and the death was brought in as an open verdict.

Pretty straight forward, hmmm?

Then subsequent conversations over a period of 3 months

The lady and the dead guy had been close friends and confidants since they had left school, although never romantically attached

They used to meet up every friday night for a meal and a drink and video.

Boyfriend of lady, about a month after starting going out with her, objected to this arrangement, warning the dead guy to stay away, in no uncertain, and from the sound of it quite ugly, terms. Lady told friend to ignore it and she'd sort it out.

Lady sorted it out, and all was hunky dory (When she mentioned this to me, she still didnt seem to think much of the whole episode)

A short time later, friend vanishes to reappear dead.

Since the boyfriend was a spiritualist, they attended the spiritualist church where dead friend channeled in and told the lady that he had been depressed but was happy and safe now and not to mourn, thus converting her to the Spritulaist faith.

They married.

Maybe I'm adding 2 and 2 and getting 5 but it seems likely, to me that one doesn't buy a fish and chip supper and then hang ones self in a storm drain, with a rope of unknown provenance. The threats were only known to the lady, the deceased and the boyfriend. To my knowledge, during the investigation into the death, the lady did not see fit to tell the police of boyfriend's threats.

Sorry if it meanders but the narrative isn't really cohesive, but gleaned over a period of time, usually while we wandered round town at lunch time. We got along pretty well, sufficently well that her then husband wished to meet me!!! My contract finished before that happened, and I left the town for good.

I can't say I'm sorry

8¬)

Average so far is One!... im wondering what sort of networking goes on with a single "interest" group....sorry thats not realy clear...... I wounder how many people a person "touches" in general life and may be claimed as knowing.... I have an idea that here (cornwall) we may have a wider net of people we regard as aquaintances.....

Two.

One who the police could never charge (lack of evidence) :mad:

One who, depressed, killed his wife and nearly suceeded in doing himself. Mental hospital for several years and now released (and re-married :eek: )

Many years ago I met my mum's parish priest in my local(she's a practising Catholic, I'm more of a rehearsing agnostic).
Anyway after a few pints of Guiness he told me how he worked as a chaplin in (I think it was) Strangeways, and he heard the Yorkshire Ripper's confession.
Of course, being an upstanding priest I knew better to ask any details, but he did tell me that a certain downmarket newspaper (rhymes with bun) offered him 20,000 grand to break his confessional vows.

While in belfast visiting family, we went out for a drink one night and i found myself at the bar. While i was being served, a smallish bloke approached flanked by two HUGE fellas and stood at the bar next to me. I got my drinks and went back to my family who asked me if i knew who the bloke at the bar was.

I had no idea so a cousin told me (and was backed up by the rest of the family) that the bloke at the bar was a loyalist terrorist named Michael Stone. He was jailed in the maze for throwing hand-grenades at mourners at an IRA funeral (this was before the days when our government saw fit to release convicted murderers back on the streets as free as decent law abiding folk, except with cash grants from the government and a free university education) and he was on a weekend release pass.

It makes me wonder who else i was sharing the bar with.:(

--kiel--

Blimey.

You scary scary people!

The only horrible tale that I can tell, is that when he was much younger, my other half was set upon in a pub toilet by two thugs. They had been paid to hurt him by this particularly unpleasant character. They hit him with a bottle and cut him from temple to neck. Lucklily his mate managed to 'buy them off' and the other half ended up in hospital, scarred but okay.

A couple of months later the other half borrowed a video from a lass he knew. He never returned it as it turned out she was the girlfriend of the particularly unpleasant character and he murdered her with a hammer.

i guess the bottom line is you never know who you know. They also say you are 10 times more likely to know your own murderer than it be a stranger:eek!!!!: :eek!!!!:

one

A buddy of mine nearly decapitated a man with a steak knife,the losers doing 65 years and may he be violently raped every night. I know thats cruel, but he deserves it.:mad:

I have the feeling his violent rape will become less frequent as
the sixty-five years tick by. Time may be more merciful than people. :(

One of my old school pals hit someone in the head with a shovel did'nt kill the bloke mind so this is a bit pointless, oh well.

My dad's best mate is a murderer, he's called trevor, and he was a builder in northern island, he was building an extension to the side of this guys house and the guy lost his job and was unable to pay for it, so trevor threatend him for months and eventually flipped and killed him, and his wife. he spent 20 years doing porridge. and says he has regretted killing him everyday for the rest of his life.

i have also met David Courtney a notorious london ganster who in his book " stop the ride i want to get off " claims to have killed a few people. he's currently hiding from the underworld as he was accused of being a grass. his book is well worth a read.

I don't think I've personally met any murderers or victims, although it's easy to find geographical links.

The second murderer on Jon's list buried some of his victims not far from here, and I'll be passing near his house tonight. That set of murders also created a synchronicity for me, because I was reading a crime novel at the time they came to light, and part of it was set in Cornwall: some of the places named were only a mile or so from the real murder scene.

Another unusual case has cropped up in the westcountry recently - a man was arrested for the murder of his wife and children in Salcombe, back in the 70s. I was living and working there at the time, and as it's only a small place I may well have seen the family around. (The news has not revealed what new evidence has come to light; the husband was investigated by the police when his family vanished, but only now, nearly 30 years on, has he been charged with murder.)

oops since a coverstion in the Scoop And Save im now up to five!.. Aparently a bloke i see almost every day served time for murder.. (his sister was a noted local prostite too and used to live in this very flat im sitting in now!)... The person who told me this lived within the cordon when they were digging up the murder victims from the field where the shouting guy buried them.... Cornwall is sooo quiet dont u know!

There I was smugly thinking I didn't know any murderers when a conversation with my mother reveals that I knew by sight one murderer and an attempted murderer (the local sweetie shop owner! I just hope he washed his hands before he served me with a quarter of pear drops........)

My real point is... u never know who u know ..and that Murderers are just like anyones else, not carriers of a "murder gene"...

I think if you think of it like that sidecar_jon it is far more scarey than you think, i live five minutes from Dr Harrold Shipmans surgery and family home, also from my kitchen window we can see the ashton market from where hindley and bradey snatched kiddies from and a freind of mine found one of the victims of the yorkshire ripper, so with in a few miles of my humble abode i can see many 'murderous hotspots'. aswell as that there was a shooting in my town lastweek i saw a fight which led to a guy in intensive care, and on the other side of town ( james whitheads bit ) there has been 4 shootings since christmas. is my area the pits for the scumbags or do you all have local murderers?

yes but u also live alongside Saints and sinners of all kinds....

sidecar_jon said:
yes but u also live alongside Saints and sinners of all kinds....

would you say there was a bit of saint and a bit of sinner in all of us though?

i mean would you ever kill, if you came at me with a knife jon, and i knew i was going to die i would kill you. or if i had kids in a similar situation, but i could never do it in any other situation.

I was toodling along thinking "I know no murderers" when Sidecar's remark about genes tripped my memory.

I don't know any murderers (since I never met the people responsible) but I do know someone once accused of Murder and the Victim.

A family friend (who naturally shall remain nameless) was once charged with the murder of his estranged (I'd say wife and I'd be wrong) paramour and wife of one of his numerous children. A known drug user she vanished one day when she was supposed to be picking up her son from school. Sometime later the majority of her body was found buried in the garden of her (drug dealing) brother, minus (I think) the head which was never found. He and his mates claimed to have killed her at the behest of my father's mate, who had more than a few sheckles to rub together. This was, of course, bull and (as I understand) he was aquitted. Her brother and his pals all suffered unfortunate accidents and it's now (mainly) water under the bridge.

My personal theory is that she OD'd and then per brother paniced and dumped the body. Why they decapitated her I do not know...

The point is I stayed with them, more than a decade ago, at their house. And the fact that I know them both is creeping me out more than a little.

Niles ":eek:" Calder

Some years ago I worked in one of our country's special hospitals, and have met more murderers than is comfortable.
They were of course not murderers in the strict sense as they were not convicted of statutory murder but that doesn't make you feel any more comfortable sitting next to a guy who has killed his family because of voices in his head and not because they were moving in on his drug dealing.

interesting story niles, when you stayed at the house, was the body still in the garden, that would of been a strange feeling thinking about it!

mrchopper said:
interesting story niles, when you stayed at the house, was the body still in the garden, that would of been a strange feeling thinking about it!

Nah this was when she was still alive, and it was the friend's house, not the brother's. But yeah it's spooky becasue I can remember her quite clearly and the fact that not only is part of her still missing but that the (alledged) actuall killers all passed away soon afterwards....

Niles "hair trigger neck hairs" Calder

it is spooky, we had a lodger a few years back and when he moved in it was quite clear he was a loner, but i thought he was a nice bloke and he soon turned strange ( not going to go into why ), and we drifted apart we only saw him when he was going out of the house or coming in. this went on for months and one day out of the blue he started going on about how he knew a big secret and wanted to tell someone, but he never could, later that week he went back to london for the weekend to visit his mum and hung himself, and i have heard many rumours regarding his secret but, i do find it spooky knowing him and knowing how he died it sends a shiver down my spine.

Back