• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

musical suppression

titch

Justified & Ancient
Type Bob Dylan make you feel my love into you tube.Look at the results. How many less notable or never heard of em singers came before the real Dylan version?

Do you think its possible that things like you tube have "fixed" their search engines in order to channel viewers into what you tube want them to watch?

titch said:
Type Bob Dylan make you feel my love into you tube.Look at the results. How many less notable or never heard of em singers came before the real Dylan version?

Do you think its possible that things like you tube have "fixed" their search engines in order to channel viewers into what you tube want them to watch?

Of course they do: why would that be surprising?

Yes, copyright is probably the main factor. Also, it may be that younger people (i.e. the major demographic on Youtube) may be driving it - preferring some obscure cover act to Dylan the old fart.

I thought the YouTube search engine, among others, worked on a popularity basis? Because sometimes I wonder if they work on an accuracy to what you typed basis at all!

Well google acts in mysterious ways. It removes items depending on the complainant. Sometimes the item is just suspended.

An example: a very nasty person has been persecuting the commentator Eoghan Harris. Harris moved from being a Stalinist to a Neo-Con. Two of the articles by the nasty person failed to appear last Wednesday when you googled Eoghan Harris but appeared when you googled their full titles. You had to know the titles to find them.

They're back now. I surmise that Eoghan Harris complained but his complaint was not upheld.

More here: http://www.indymedia.ie/article/101523

AFAIK, Dylan (or his lawyers) are quite protective over where his music appears.

Back