• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mutilated Corpse Photo From Brazil: Chupacabra's Victim?

A

Anonymous

This was the first image turned up in a Google image search i just did for Chupacabra (while looking for another picture), it is an image i had never seen before:

http://www.fenomeno.trix.net/ fenomeno_cripto_1_criaturas-mist-cadav.htm

I wasn't sure whether it was meant to be a picture of a Chupacabra corpse, or of a corpse mutilated by a Chupacabra, but this is what running the accompanying text through Google's Portuguese/English translator turned up:
m corpse was found in the month of April of 1997, in the dam of Guarapiranga, South zone of São Paulo. The form as the body if found, when it was rescued, he was macabra: no internal orgão was mutilated external and not possuía. The victim had as habit to fish in a desert island, located in the way of the dam. For this she went I swim it, dressing only one underwear. The doctors do not obtain to explain the form as the orgãos had been removed. In the body of the pensioner small punctures had been found simetricamente cut, impossible to be done in the way it weeds, that induce the hypothesis of that the orgãos have been sucked. Although he has been found with the clothes of low still in the body, the corpse of the pensioner was without the testicules, with the erect and darkened penis. Its anus was perforateed and without the rectum. Arms, umbigo, legs and feet also possessed the same blackout. Still eyes, ear, language and all had been removed the internal orgãos. Most errifying the one was the only conclusion that the team of the IML arrived: "this victim presents injuries with characteristics of vital reaction", what she indicates that was alive while suffered the mutilations. All the indications lead to believe that the pensioner was attacked by one chupacabra.
From different angles of looking at the face, i can't decide whether it looks like the corpse of a slightly bald monkey, or of a very hairy man... :eek!!!!:

Edited to include link which i forgot to cut and paste... doh!

Well, this image has been touted before as an example of "cattle-type mutilation" in a human being. The urethra seems to be removed troug the penis, the eyes and eyelids are quirurgically removed, as the anus and other organs. I have no idea why this site tryes to present this as a Chupacabra attack. It's so different and more related to cattlem mutilation. Actually, I think I have seen this picture mentioned in this forum before.

I remember reading an english language version of the website the photo is taken from about two years back, I'll see if I can dig it out but its unlikely

Yeah, I've seen this one before. I had always heard it given as an example of alien mutilations. Never heard the chupacabras theory before, but I guess either one is just as likely. Probably just a murder victim, though

anal entry

Warning !! Kinda gross

It is very common for scavengers such as dogs, birds, foxes, rodents and the such to eat the "soft parts" of a victim they come across. Many of these animals are skittish and don't hang around a kill (or murder victim) for a long time. They run in and eat what’s available, the lips, eyes, rectum and genetalia. Once an "eating hole" has been started the successive animals eat from it rather than starting their own through the tougher hide or skin or even clothing of the victim. The scavengers can actually crawl inside of the victim giving them a meal and a safer place to eat. It wouldn't be too far of a guess that this method of scavenger consumption might also happen by animals who live in and about the water as well. (not well water)

This may or may not be what happened here but more than likely it explains some of the cattle mutilations that it's being compared to.

doesn't fit the chupacabras nature to be aggressive towards humans. All the reports out of Puerto Rico hint that the chupacabra runs from humans by any means necessary and there have been plenty of face to face encounters reported between chupacabras and humans in which, if the creature was violent and aggressive towards humans, would've behaved as such. There is one report where an old woman chased a chupacabra out of her chicken coop with a broom and the thing ran for its life. what that picture looks like if it's real is either a drug murder, or some unfortunate sap got torn apart by a caiman. Need to find out if those wounds are post mortem... if they are, definitely a murder or known kind.

not to be nitpicky or such, but the title of the thread is somewhat misleading. Chupas are a different phenomena from chupacabras, almost entirely based out of brazil, chupas are those "flying icebox" UFOs that supposedly buzz around the amazon and irradiate hunters and travellers with an intense beam causing them to die of an illness that is almost exactly like radiation poisoning. they are said to be malicious and have a mechanical hum.

sliding OT for a moment:
Search said:
not to be nitpicky or such, but the title of the thread is somewhat misleading. Chupas are a different phenomena from chupacabras, almost entirely based out of brazil, chupas are those "flying icebox" UFOs that supposedly buzz around the amazon and irradiate hunters and travellers with an intense beam causing them to die of an illness that is almost exactly like radiation poisoning. they are said to be malicious and have a mechanical hum.
What the...?!!! This is a new one to me. Got any references on these chupas, Search?

Chupa-Chupas

I think the UFO's you're talking about are called "Chupa-Chupas," not just "Chupas." That's what I've heard, anyway, but as I don't have a source on hand I'd take myself with a grain of salt

Looks more like a guy who got lost in the desert and gnawed on by wolves. Any pic of someone dead from exposure animal attack could be passed off as a Chupacabras victim photo. From that one small shot I'd say absolutely nothing can be garnered as to the cause of death - relationship to Chupacabras.
As for these Chupa-Chups UFO's, have Sheffield Wednesday been sending messages to ET this past season? ;D

Just so you know, I looked at the picture of the face / arm and torso.

It has been doctored :imo:.

Look at the blood trails from the wound in the upper arm / shoulder area.

The red streaks. Obvious doctoring, badly drawn to as there is no colour change. Blood dries dark red/brown. Also the body looks to have been left for at least a few days before the photo was taken so the bodily fluids should have dried out in the heat.

Just my tuppence on the subject. looks like the local wildlife got there before the authorities to me.

Also if you follow the links, the other pictures in this series don't seem to match eachother in terms of decomposing body parts / areas.

Feel free to check for yourselves, i'm not an expert in photography or autopsy but I like to think I can spot a faked image, after all, Briteny Spears would never pose in the pictures I see of her posted on the net!;)

UPDATED.

Looking at photo 3 upper torso and photo 5? of lower torso and groin area, it look highly supect as the thorasic area (belly) is swollen in one pic and not in the other; and in the other the thorasic area is shrunken to the point the rib cage clearly shows and the decompositon is worse.

Also the pictures of the unfortunate man's rear and back don't stack up either (changes in hair coverage and body colour). looks a complete hash to me.

Short film on the Guarapiranga case. I don't buy it. Having experience with vulture predation there is nothing here that cannot be explained by known scavengers. As well as vultures mice, insects and other small creatures enter cadavers via the orifices and devour internal organs.

Translation...
Issue 80
SPOTLIGHT
New information clarifies the macabre Guarapiranga Case
Per
Claudeir Covo
Jul 1, 2002
TO SHARE
e14d35fa5b42d7f6b4d86717bccfdfbf1528685968-.jpg

The macrabra scene is what you see on the corpse found at Billings Dam. Note the removal of skin and tissue from the lips and jaw, with precise surgical cuts
Credits: courtesy inpu
In September 1993, Revista UFO 25 published the article Guarapiranga Case: Is This the Dreaded Sequence of Animal Mutilations? margins of the Guarapiranga Dam, on September 29, 1988. A year later, in issue 32, the magazine again published a new article by Encarnación on the fact - Guarapiranga Case: Discussions Continue.
The researcher described the body of a man with many mutilations. He had no eyes, ears, lips, no scrotal sac, no anus and viscera. The body had some perforations in the shoulders, feet, left thigh and abdomen. Encarnación examined the photos carefully with a magnifying glass, had access to the file and interviewed several people involved, such as the coroner who made an extremely detailed report. After a long time of research, and after comparing it with other cases of animal mutilation in Ufology, she came to the conclusion that that man had been mutilated and killed by flying saucer crew. The first and only case in these circumstances, which was soon disseminated in the UFO community and even on the internet.
Later, with the wave of events attributed to Chupacabras, the case again came up. The fact was now believed to be typical of a terrible predator. But for the National Institute for the Research of Aerospace Phenomena (INFA) and the National Institute for UFO Research (INPU), it was the action of very well-known predators, such as domestic dogs, wild animals, ocelots, jaguars etc. Thus, as an attack by flying saucer or Chupacabras crew, the Guarapiranga Case was also reported in the newspaper Notícias Populares, on April 27, 1997, Diário Popular, on July 20, and in Extra magazine, in August of the same year. Other strange occurrences were also taken to the UFO series without further investigation.

Eye Extraction -
One of these cases involved farmer Olívio Correia, from Estância Velha (RS), who had mental problems. In July 1995, Olívio drank a lot and, on returning home, passed out in the middle of the forest. Maybe he went into an alcoholic coma. When he woke up, he was missing both eyeballs. The police themselves investigated the possibility that the farmer was attacked by vultures, by some organ theft gang, or even by being the victim of black magic rituals. The controversy was even greater when the Instituto Médico Legal (IML) of Porto Alegre concluded the report, stating that the eyes were surgically removed - which was later denied by Dr. Marco Aurélio Becker, president of the Regional Council of Local Medicine. Thus, some journalists ended up publishing that ETs had stolen Olívio's eyeballs. One year later,
credit: Courtesy Inpu
t52994012.jpg

A curious swelling was observed with the reduction in the abdominal volume of the corpse, which occurred after the removal of the victim's internal organs by predators
Another similar fact involved Alzira Maria de Jesus. On June 24, 1999, in the city of Santa Izabel, relatively close to São Paulo, she was found dead in bed, without her face. Officials said the skin, nose, tongue, eyes and left ear had been removed with surgical precision. The two IML coroners, who signed the report 473/99, stated that Alzira died due to bilateral pneumonia and septic shock. Their face, according to them, would have been disfigured by rodents.
Whenever there is a blackout, like the one on January 21, we received dozens of calls asking if this could have been caused by the interference of a flying saucer. We have no doubt that the UFO phenomenon is real, it is also up to scientists to research the facts. Now, to think that everything that happens is the fault of the flying saucer crew is a huge exaggeration. Many UFO cases from the past, for example, have been poorly investigated. Some researchers forced the bar or managed to transform perfectly explainable facts into authentic UFO cases. Even American researchers have stated that several abduction cases have never occurred. The hypnotist often leads the witness to believe that he has been abducted. This is an unfortunate truth ...
In the Guarapiranga case, in particular, the press distorted a lot of information. This, combined with the cases summarized above, motivated us to reopen the investigations. Several times it was published that the process was hidden from the public, that the photographs were secret, among other things. But none of this happened at all. The process is public and proceeded like so many others under the law. And because it involved an unknown person, the press didn't care. It is the same with the recent lightning hijackings. There have been hundreds in the past two years, but the press only reported those that involved famous people.
credit: Courtesy Inpu
t99040046.jpg

Removal of the victim's anus and rectum through a strange orifice. The corpse still had blood when found by firefighters
R As soon as Encarnación's first article was published in Revista UFO (issue 25), we learned that the 25th Police Station (DP) had concluded that the body had been mutilated by vultures and rats. However, only a more detailed investigation could give the correct answers.

Purposeful Censorship - Because a long time has passed, it was very difficult to locate the people involved, as well as the documents, as the reports were purposely censored. Now, if the process is public, why were the documents censored, including the number of the police report (BO) and the reports, the correct name of the dam (Billings), the names of the delegates and the criminal experts?
In fact, the first surprise came on October 15, 1997, in the Ratinho Program, when the researcher and journalist Saulo Gomes, who also investigated the Guarapiranga Case, announced, exclusively for the whole of Brazil, that the case occurred at the Billings Dam , and not in Guarapiranga. Why then was it not investigated exactly where the body was found? Who found the body and under what circumstances? What did witnesses, police and firefighters find on the scene?
So, we started the research. The victim, Joaquim Sebastião Gonçalves, suffered from Chagas disease and epilepsy. He was taking the medicine Gardenal. Unfortunately he drank a lot, and when he died he was 53 years old. He did not live near the place where he was found, but he always went there to fish. It had been missing for three days. He arrived in one of the arms of the Billings Dam, in Jardim Recanto do Sol, Bairro Bororó, São Paulo, took off his clothes, leaving only his underwear, and put it in a briefcase, which he hid in the middle of the forest. He crossed the dam, which is about 80 m long, and went fishing on the other side. By going around the dam it is possible to reach the other side by land. The mixture of the medication with alcohol probably caused him to faint, in the middle of the forest. With no one to help him, the body was at the mercy of rats and vultures for about 24 hours.
During the day, a boy who was walking in the woods, hunting birds with a slingshot, found the body covered with vultures. He got out of there quickly, went around the dam's arm and warned nearby residents. One of them called the police and agents from the 25th DP, from Santo Amaro, came to the scene, then requested the Fire Department. Under the command of fireman sergeant Milton de Souza Guedes, sergeants Elifas Morais Alves and Urban arrived at the site and crossed the arm of the dam with the aid of a boat. As there were several onlookers, Antônio Gomes Filho, who lives nearby and rents boats for fishermen, lent a boat to those people. With a tarp and two rafters, the firefighters took Joaquim's body to the opposite bank, where the police photographed him. Ana Joaquim Bevilaqua Rosa and her brother,
credit: UFO file / Courtesy INPU
t22991130.jpg

Billings Dam, in Greater São Paulo, where the body was found. The arrow indicates exactly the location. In detail, the 25th edition of UFO, 10 years ago, which dealt with the Guarapiranga Case
Causa Mortis - This event was recorded in the police report number 2.429 / 88, by delegate Oswaldo Borges Profeta. The police inquiry (IP) received the number 381/88. At the request of the 25th DP, the Criminalistics Institute (IC) was activated. Dr. Édson de Carvalho R. Viegas, chief police officer of the IC, appointed the criminal expert Dr. Arlindo de Camargo to investigate the case. He was at the location and issued report number 01.072 / 88. In it, he only describes the place and, superficially, Joaquim's injuries, mentioning that the cause of death would be informed by the State's IML. Seven photos of the victim's body were also attached to the document.
The report of the body of crime (necroscopic examination), number 645/88, signed by coroners Jorge Pereira de Oliveira and Cláudio Roberto Zabeu, attests that the cause of death was acute hemorrhage and multiple trauma, in addition to “vagal stimulation” (vagus nerve or pneumogastric nerve). The report also describes that a sharp instrument was used and explains that the victim had injuries with vital reaction characteristics, with components of torture. "The incision in soft tissues and natural orifices through aspiration is suggestive of modus operandi". In other words, according to the coroner, some instrument was inserted through the hole in the belly and aspirated the internal organs. Such a picture must be a behavioral manifestation of the insane or another hypothesis: macabre ritual. In the end, coroners said the death was caused by "polytrauma and vagal inhibition". “What is the nature of the agent, instrument or medium that produced it?”, Were asked. "Mechanical agent," they replied. "Was it produced by poison, fire, explosive, asphyxiation or torture, or by another insidious or cruel means?" "Yes, as to the means employed".
Report number 10.456 / 88 of the chemical toxicological test confirmed the analysis of twenty milliliters of blood. Its result was negative, no traces of toxic products were found. Dr. Marco Antônio Desgualdo, from Team F of the Homicide and Personal Protection Police (DHPP), after receiving IML report number 645/88, wrote a document to clarify some doubts regarding the instrument used, stains and reactions vital, and if there were similar cases. Four questions were asked. In the third, the possibility of the action of animals close to the body was questioned. The answer was never published. Thus, Desgualdo again asked the IC for a complementary report. Edson de Carvalho Ribeiro Viegas appointed the criminal expert Eduardo Roberto Alcântara Del Campo, who, together with Sergeant Guedes, of the Fire Department,
credit: Courtesy INPU
t56644138.jpg

Continued...
Witnesses who saw the vultures attacking the victim at Billings Dam. Above, Antônio Gomes Filho. On the left, Ana Joaquim Bevilaqua Rosa and, on the right, Alcides Bevilaqua Joaquim. Previous research pointed out that there were no witnesses
In his report, Del Campo is emphatic when he narrates the testimony of Sergeant Guedes. "He said that when he arrived to rescue the body, he was naked, just wearing knitted underwear, and that, on the body, there were about twenty vultures, birds known to be scavengers". Here it is very important to note that the vultures were on the body, that is, in physical contact. Birds stick their nails into the flesh of the body and eat the soft parts. Del Campo ordered the body of a dog from the city hall and took it to the site. For three days he followed what was happening. The vultures and mice attacked. In just two days there was nothing left. Even the bones disappeared. One of the photos of this dog's body was attached to the file.
Dr. Del Campo also claimed to have observed a large number of scavenger animals and insects at the site, mainly small rodents and vultures, which primarily attack the soft parts and natural folds, due to the ease of attack, or those where the odor is more intense, due to attraction they exert on these animals, such as eyelids, eyes, ears, nose, lips, scrotum, anus, umbilical scar, interdigital folds and armpits.

“That poor guy” -Antônio Gomes Filho, 83, who has lived in the area for more than fifteen, remembers in detail the day they found the body. He claims to have seen the vultures and snails eating "that poor guy". Similar facts would be quite common in the region. Ana Joaquim Bevilaqua Rosa, 53, who has lived there for over twenty years, also followed everything closely. She also said that, less than a year ago, she saw a dog with problems in one of its legs, on the other side of the dam, which was being attacked alive by the vultures. On another occasion, about six months ago, a horse died on the banks of the dam. Curious, she approached to observe. And she was startled to see the horse's belly moving. Soon after, several vultures began to come out of it. "I've never seen anything like it." Her brother, Alcides Bevilaqua Joaquim, 55, followed everything from afar,
Dr. Eduardo Roberto Alcântara Del Campo, who today is a prosecutor for children and youth, and who at the time was the criminal expert at the State Police Department's Criminalistics Institute, received us kindly and was surprised and indignant when we told him that such a case it was publicized as an attack by flying saucer crew. He stated that when he was assigned to issue a complementary report, he made several diligences to the place. He spoke with witnesses and found that the region is indeed full of vultures and rats. We have also seen this in the three times we have been there. Dr. Del Campo also showed us several albums with pictures of several similar cases. According to him, Joaquim Sebastião Gonçalves may have passed out because he was in the region of a lightning strike, that maybe hit him partially - which would explain the dark parts of his face. According to him, the information from the firefighters who removed the body from the site, and from the residents, as well as the simulation with a dead dog, left no doubt that that poor man was attacked by rats and vultures. "It is relatively common, in bodies found in this state, when the coroner is opening the victim, to discover live rats inside the belly, eating the insides," said Del Campo. He also gave an interview to the researcher Encarnación, who, according to the expert, disclosed nothing about his report and the respective conclusions. left no doubt that that poor man was attacked by rats and vultures. "It is relatively common, in bodies found in this state, when the coroner is opening the victim, to discover live rats inside the belly, eating the insides," said Del Campo. He also gave an interview to the researcher Encarnación, who, according to the expert, disclosed nothing about his report and the respective conclusions. left no doubt that that poor man was attacked by rats and vultures. "It is relatively common, in bodies found in this state, when the coroner is opening the victim, to discover live rats inside the belly, eating the insides," said Del Campo. He also gave an interview to the researcher Encarnación, who, according to the expert, disclosed nothing about his report and the respective conclusions.
t139395724.jpg

Lieutenant Humberto César Leão went to great lengths to locate the firefighters who were part of the team that removed the body from the scene
Sergeant Guedes confirmed to us that when he arrived at the scene, there was a large quantity of vultures eating the victim's body. About ten days later, he attended an exactly the same occurrence, this one at the Guarapiranga Dam. He also said that he narrated in detail to Del Campo what he saw: the victim had lost a lot of blood through the various holes in his entire body. Firefighter and sergeant Elifas, currently a second lieutenant, also confirmed that the vultures were attacking the corpse. He was still very surprised by the extraterrestrial hypothesis. According to him, at that time it was quite common to spawn corpses on the edge of the Billings and Guarapiranga Dams, which was routine for some vigilantes and Corporal Bruno (Florisvaldo de Oliveira). Between 1970 and 1998, there were over a thousand corpses in these conditions in the greater São Paulo alone,
This clearly explains the response given by the IML when the 25th DP delegate, Dr. Marco Antônio Desgualdo sent a document asking: "Are there similar occurrences in the Legal Medicine records?" The answer was: "Yes, there are several similar cases". When this case was released in 1993, this response was published with emphasis, suggesting that there are many cases of humans mutilated by flying saucer crew, which is not true.

Secret Photos -
When the newspaper Notícias Populares published the case on April 27, 1997, the journalist responsible for the matter went to the University of Campinas (Unicamp) and showed the seven photos to Dr. Fortunato Badan Palhares. With the title Photographs Secret, the text announced: “The photographs of the Guarapiranga Case, seven in total, are hidden in secret files of the São Paulo police. The newspaper had access to the photos and documents of the case through people not linked to IML or the Institute of Criminalistics. After refusing IML chiefs to talk about the matter, the NP asked the coroner Fortunato Badan Palhares for an analysis of the case. For him, these are predatory animals, such as rodents, ants, crabs, crabs and vultures. "All injuries or injuries found on the body surface are compatible with injuries produced by small rodents," wrote Palhares. According to him, even the signs of vital reactions in the body (the victim was alive when he was mutilated) can be explained. He may have had a heart attack and fell into agony for hours, without moving. The bugs would start attacking you while still alive ”.
In the UFO Magazine number 25, the researcher Encarnación states: “Everything indicates that the vultures mentioned by the delegate on duty just flew over the body, without attacking it”. And more: "On the other hand, if the man had been the victim of a common murder, his remains would surely be destroyed by the action of vultures and other butchers, who, in this case, remained at a distance". In all the reports we have examined, there is no component to support such a statement, quite the contrary.
t21064296.jpg

Dr. Eduardo Roberto A. Del Campo did a competent diligence. His police work resulted in a technical report that points out the real causes of the man's death. The document, however, was censored without any need
Predators - Del Campo's conclusion is that this man was actually the victim of attacks by predators. There is a very big difference between stating that the vultures were up there in the sky, flying over the corpse, or glued to the victim's body, eating the soft parts. The witnesses saw this.
When we were closing this article, we called the researcher Encarnación Zapata Garcia, in order to interview her. We would show her details of the above. However, she said she would not talk about it anymore and hung up the phone. There is a very large number of scavenger animals in nature. Researching this subject, we find that they are attracted by the smell of the sexual organs. Small ones, like rodents, enter through the natural orifices of the body, the anus, the mouth, for example, and eat the internal organs. The vultures, on the other hand, peck on a soft part, the belly, for example. After drilling, they enter and eat everything inside. Some time ago, TV Cultura presented a documentary about rodents. One of them, Microsorex Hoyi, with the popular name of moss, mussuran or even shrew, he turned his head as if it were a drill and, with his incisive teeth, he was always cutting along the same line, making a totally circular hole, having access to the viscera. There are types of rodents in deserts that keep their heads fixed and also rotate their bodies like a drill, making a completely circular hole. If a corpse that has been attacked by predators is in a state of lysis, that is, well preserved, it is possible to identify what type of animal attacked it. Rodents have a pair of large incisors in the upper and lower jaws, which they cut like a knife. If a corpse that has been attacked by predators is in a state of lysis, that is, well preserved, it is possible to identify what type of animal attacked it. Rodents have a pair of large incisors in the upper and lower jaws, which they cut like a knife. If a corpse that has been attacked by predators is in a state of lysis, that is, well preserved, it is possible to identify what type of animal attacked it. Rodents have a pair of large incisors in the upper and lower jaws, which they cut like a knife.
The coroner found that the victim died about 24 hours before she was found. The reports attest that the corpse was already in the process of decomposition. We do not know if this may have interfered with the conclusions of the two coroners who signed the report. But, as already exposed, INFA and INPU have no doubt that Joaquim Sebastião Gonçalves was killed by scavengers.
t161967972.jpg

Police report by Dr. Del Campo, with information that was omitted from the public. On the left, sergeant Milton de Souza Guedes confirmed that when he arrived there was a large amount of vultures eating the victim's body. On the right, second lieutenant Elifas Morais Alves, who was surprised and outraged when he learned that the case had been publicized as an ET attack.
Separating the wheat from the chaff - The mutilation of animals by flying saucer crew members is a fact of life in World Ufology, but certainly many cases of attacks by scavengers have been confused with really ufological occurrences. Thus, each case must be analyzed in detail and individually. It is always necessary to separate the chaff from the wheat at once.
In this research, it is essential to thank the first lieutenant Humberto César Leão, from the Fire Brigade, who went to great lengths to help us locate the firefighters who were part of the team that removed the body from the scene. Ufology is based on facts, in the plural, and not on a single fact, in the singular. If it were true that flying saucer crews mutilate human beings, we would certainly have thousands of cases worldwide, which is not the case. There have been cases where death or healing has occurred. In cases of death, the evidence has always indicated some type of reaction on the part of human beings. An example of this is the Crixás Case (GO), on August 13, 1967. Inácio fired a shot in the forehead of a strange creature and then received a shot of green light in the shape of a ray, from inside a flying saucer, which hit him on the shoulder. Then, fell unconscious. He died on October 11 of the same year, with leukemia.

Back