• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Tales From The Baby Monitor

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
I think this news item belongs here due to the strange image of the intruder.
-------

Intruder seen on baby monitor camera in Billings home

Posted: Mar 02, 2017 12:04 AM RSTUpdated: Mar 02, 2017 5:21 AM RST

BILLINGS, Mont. -
The Billings Police Department is making the public aware of an incident which took place in the Billings Heights in the area of the Emma Jean subdivision.

On February 23 at about 9:30 at night, Billings police responded to a possible burglary.

It was a frightening night for one woman, who wishes to remain anonymous, after she says she saw a man on the baby monitor in her infant daughter's room.

The victim says the baby monitor is synced to her cell phone and is motion activated.

After the victim says she saw the picture of a man in her daughter's room, she immediately removed her daughter from the bedroom and left the house.

By the time BPD arrived, the suspect was gone.

If you have any information about the suspect, contact the billings police department at 657.8200 or crime stoppers at 245.6660.

http://www.kulr8.com/story/34641518...a-billings-police-still-searching-for-suspect

baby monitor ghost.jpg

Weird eyes he has.

Like two comets seen through Rynner's homemade childhood telescope against a blackening autumn sky.

Never mind his eyes, his head is tiny!

Interesting that she's so certain about it being a man. I'm not so sure, but it will be interesting to see how the investigation goes.

It does look like a woman, perhaps shes living in their attic

I think this news item belongs here due to the strange image of the intruder.
-------

Intruder seen on baby monitor camera in Billings home

Posted: Mar 02, 2017 12:04 AM RSTUpdated: Mar 02, 2017 5:21 AM RST

BILLINGS, Mont. -
The Billings Police Department is making the public aware of an incident which took place in the Billings Heights in the area of the Emma Jean subdivision.

On February 23 at about 9:30 at night, Billings police responded to a possible burglary.

It was a frightening night for one woman, who wishes to remain anonymous, after she says she saw a man on the baby monitor in her infant daughter's room.

The victim says the baby monitor is synced to her cell phone and is motion activated.

After the victim says she saw the picture of a man in her daughter's room, she immediately removed her daughter from the bedroom and left the house.

By the time BPD arrived, the suspect was gone.

If you have any information about the suspect, contact the billings police department at 657.8200 or crime stoppers at 245.6660.

http://www.kulr8.com/story/34641518...a-billings-police-still-searching-for-suspect

View attachment 4280
The eyes being horizontally 'letter box' reminds me of this classic ..

mable_chinnery_ghost_in_car_famous_ghost_picture-494x334-xl.jpg

The eyes could just be reflections from the IR illumination for the camera, but why is the figure so low, assuming that thing behind it is a cot? Wouldn't that mean it's sitting or kneeling?

Time to sweep that house attic to basement.

Ah yes; the sleepless nights reading scary ghost books like what I shouldn't ought to 'ave bin.*

Especially the ones with red-eye photos such as this, the other famous car one, and the Amityville one.

* 'I was 27 years old...: etc.

According to weather sources, the temperature in Billings was below freezing throughout the 23rd of February. Was this burglar dumb enough to be wearing only a T-shirt in sub-freezing weather or incompetent enough to enter and then set aside his coat (jacket, whatever ... ) before prowling through the nether regions of the residence?

They could have been on the old drugs. Or drunk and pissed up on booze?

... why is the figure so low, assuming that thing behind it is a cot? Wouldn't that mean it's sitting or kneeling?
camera placement and image quality seem a bit off, what parent would install a baby video monitor which doesnt doesnt give them good visibility of the kid at all times ?

The victim says the baby monitor is synced to her cell phone and is motion activated ... After the victim says she saw the picture of a man in her daughter's room, she immediately removed her daughter from the bedroom and left the house.
so there was no one in the room immediately after the image was taken ?

I see nothing wrong with her eyes, shes wearing glasses, is she not? and the light is causing a glare on them

camera placement and image quality seem a bit off, what parent would install a baby video monitor which doesnt doesnt give them good visibility of the kid at all times?
With devil's advocate hat on, we have a CCTV camera that can be set to automatically pan and zoom in on motion it detects. But it doesn't always get it bang on. That might explain the image framing.

placement still seems wrong, youd naturally site it higher ?

Cropped and lightened the area showing the figure. Definitely looks like a man to me. There also appears to be some kind of image on the shirt. Big ears too....

Attachments

• baby monitor ghost.jpg
    baby monitor ghost.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 123
or his hand holding something, perhaps the stolen dog control fob ?

‘My Baby Monitor Is Haunted’: Tales of Parental Fright
Parents catch ghostly images near their babies; ‘I could not go to sleep that night.’

By Julie Jargon
Aug. 13, 2019 5:30 am ET

Natalie Wallace was lying in bed one night more than a month ago when she glanced at her Cocoon Cam baby monitor. She noticed splotches of pink and purple all around the baby’s bassinet. The colors are supposed to indicate motion, but her baby was in a deep sleep.

A few days later, Ms. Wallace, who helps run a leadership development company in Los Angeles, came home to find her husband at the kitchen table looking distraught. He showed her a screenshot he’d taken of a humanlike figure on the baby monitor, floating above the ground near the baby, who was napping upstairs. Shortly after that, they saw what looked like a whole family of ghostly shapes, looming over the bassinet.

Every new technology brings its own set of ghosts in the machine. The latest high-tech baby monitors have been known to cause anxiety instead of relieving it—especially when they trigger false alarms that send parents into a panic. And now parents have to worry about these new motion-detection cameras picking up ghosts? It may just be fodder for paranormal television shows and Hollywood films, but for many parents, the fear is real, even if the spectral beings aren’t.

Continued:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/my-baby-monitor-is-haunted-tales-of-parental-fright-11565688602

Fecking scary, even if they get rid of the monitor it will still be printed in their mind

When my son was a baby we used to live near a train station. We had the walkie/talkie type monitors which used to pick up the train guards/drivers communicating with the station {I assume}. The first time we heard it at night time I nearly shit my pants{But tried to look cool!} A male voice came booming through the monitor, not what we were expecting!

I used to have a fuzz box which picked up random nearby taxi/minicab radio voices. Or maybe it was haunted.

I couldn't access the WSJ article in the OP without opening an account. Was there a photo of the humanlike figure?

I recently saw a video of my best friends stepdaughter's house who caught on their 'baby cam' at 3am in the morning an orb and clearly audio sounds of a male voice/s. I'm a skeptic...but I have no idea what it could be.

Here is an independent review of the Cocoon Cam.

My first thought re the photos above is that they look fake, and not even very well-faked.

My second thought is that, if someone allegedly paid good money for this state-of-the-art baby monitoring system, why did they mount it in a position that gives such a crappy view of its raison d'être, i.e. the baby? That’s where l’d mount a camera if l wanted to produce film of woo activity around the crib, not of the kid...

maximus otter

Last edited:
Here is an independent review of the Cocoon Cam.

My first thought re the photos above is that they look fake, and not even very well-faked.

My second thought is that, if someone allegedly paid good money for this state-of-the-art baby monitoring system, why did they mount it in a position that gives such a crappy view of its raison d'être, i.e. the baby? That’s where l’d mount a camera if l wanted to produce film of woo activity around the crib, not the kid...

maximus otter
Agree 'maximus otter:' If you look closely at the top right - the first pic (@ 10:31) shows camera angle different to the other pic @ 10:56. If this camera is set in one position, then how can it take a different angle shot? Easily noticed by looking at the edge of the crib and compare it with the window blind section - only way that can happen is if this device has two lenses set a distance apart from each other?

Back