• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Tales From The Baby Monitor

Fault in the camera then? Has it happened again since they discovered this? Not sure but movement detected is the baby, yes? as it seems, to me that the baby has moved, so nothing to do with the pinky purple thing showing up

the first pic (@ 10:31) shows camera angle different to the other pic @ 10:56. If this camera is set in one position, then how can it take a different angle shot?
After we got glued in to our flat in Malaysia we bought a cheapo CCTV camera to monitor the front door. Despite being not exactly top-of-the-range, it was motion-activated, and could pan and zoom in on the motion which activated it. So I wouldn't place too much importance on the angles being different or the aim seeming odd.

Baby monitors are notorious for picking up stray signals.

See Mumsnet for repeated stories of strange voices/noises that turn out to be the next door neighbours...

After we got glued in to our flat in Malaysia we bought a cheapo CCTV camera to monitor the front door. Despite being not exactly top-of-the-range, it was motion-activated, and could pan and zoom in on the motion which activated it. So I wouldn't place too much importance on the angles being different or the aim seeming odd.
Had a quick look at the 'Cocoon Cam' online. It uses a single lens, and has a variety of bad working reviews/reports from customers.

Why would anyone rely on a motion detection camera for a baby anyway, if sudden infant death syndrome is one of the concerns?
(BTW, make your baby sleep on his/her back to help prevent SIDS.)

I find this video creepy anyway: triplets chirping in black and white? No, thanks.

There's certainly something odd going on, but I shouldn't like to say what it is from all the evidence we have. It could just as easily be a bug on the wall they've spotted.

"On January 26, 2021, Caitlin Nichols, 25, overheard her two year old triplets Presley, Millie, and Hays arguing between each other in their home in Georgia, USA. When she checked her baby monitor, the two year olds seemed to be arguing with the wall. Although the encounter has not occurred since, Caitlin claims the triplets have woken in the night since claiming a monster was on the same spot."

A spooky piece of footage captured by a baby monitor at a house in Georgia appears to show a set of triplets talking to an unseen entity. The unsettling scene reportedly unfolded late last month in the home of Caitlin Nichols, who became concerned when she heard her three two-year-old daughters causing something of a ruckus in their bedroom. Checking their baby monitor to see what might be wrong, the mom was taken aback upon seeing the tots seemingly talking to someone.

In the hair-raising video, the kids are captivated by a blank wall beside one of their beds and keep pointing at it as if there is something there. During the fairly long 'conversation,' one of the youngsters waves her fist at the unseen visitor and bellows "in your face." Later the triplets cower behind a corner in what appears to be an attempt to hide from whatever it is that had come into their room. Eventually, they muster up the bravery to venture out from the spot and continue talking to the wall.

Chillingly, Nichols indicated that this is not the first time that her daughters have claimed to be visited in their bedroom as they previously told her that there was a 'monster' that lurked in the very spot on the wall that had captured their attention on the night in question. While the mom said that there have not been any additional incidents since the strange scene was filmed, it's also only been a few weeks, so she may want to knock on wood until a little more time has passed.

Via Coast To Coast A.M.:
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/watch-toddlers-filmed-talking-to-ghost/

Last edited:
Another weird baby monitor case.

By Tim Binnall
An unsettling piece of footage circulating online shows what appears to be a little girl being pulled under her bed by an unseen force as she cries out to her mother for help. The chilling incident reportedly occurred this past Sunday evening just before midnight and the video was subsequently shared on TikTok the next day by the toddler's dad, Josh Dean. In captioning the post, the unnerved father simply wrote "my daughter being pulled under the bed ... wife thinks she crawled, but she was pulled by something."

In the truly creepy footage, the youngster can be seen clambering off of her bed and looking underneath it as if something had drawn her attention. She then begins to slowly disappear under the bed while bellowing "mommy" over and over again in a moment that is pure nightmare fuel. The girl can then be heard wailing from beneath the bed until her mother comes into the room and lifts the furniture up to free her.

Unsurprisingly, the eerie video quickly went viral, amassing nearly a million views in just a few days. In an update posted by the girl's mother a few days later, she insisted that the incident was not staged and conceded that "I can't explain it." She went on to explain that she had initially thought that her daughter had simply crawled under the bed and gotten stuck, but seeing the footage made her suspect that perhaps something paranormal had taken place. What's your take on the spooky scene?

Via Coast to Coast A.M.:
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/watch-ghost-pulls-girl-under-bed/

Daily Mail write up:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-baby-monitor-footage-toddler-pulled-bed.html

About 0:28, just after the kid says "In your face," something small and blurred flies past the camera. Probably the insect that they had been excited by.

They keep arguing with the wall after that, but you're right, a large bug of some sort would pretty much explain their behaviour.

I find this video creepy anyway: triplets chirping in black and white? No, thanks.

There's certainly something odd going on, but I shouldn't like to say what it is from all the evidence we have. It could just as easily be a bug on the wall they've spotted.

"On January 26, 2021, Caitlin Nichols, 25, overheard her two year old triplets Presley, Millie, and Hays arguing between each other in their home in Georgia, USA. When she checked her baby monitor, the two year olds seemed to be arguing with the wall. Although the encounter has not occurred since, Caitlin claims the triplets have woken in the night since claiming a monster was on the same spot."

A spooky piece of footage captured by a baby monitor at a house in Georgia appears to show a set of triplets talking to an unseen entity. The unsettling scene reportedly unfolded late last month in the home of Caitlin Nichols, who became concerned when she heard her three two-year-old daughters causing something of a ruckus in their bedroom. Checking their baby monitor to see what might be wrong, the mom was taken aback upon seeing the tots seemingly talking to someone.

In the hair-raising video, the kids are captivated by a blank wall beside one of their beds and keep pointing at it as if there is something there. During the fairly long 'conversation,' one of the youngsters waves her fist at the unseen visitor and bellows "in your face." Later the triplets cower behind a corner in what appears to be an attempt to hide from whatever it is that had come into their room. Eventually, they muster up the bravery to venture out from the spot and continue talking to the wall.

Chillingly, Nichols indicated that this is not the first time that her daughters have claimed to be visited in their bedroom as they previously told her that there was a 'monster' that lurked in the very spot on the wall that had captured their attention on the night in question. While the mom said that there have not been any additional incidents since the strange scene was filmed, it's also only been a few weeks, so she may want to knock on wood until a little more time has passed.

Via Coast To Coast A.M.:
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/watch-toddlers-filmed-talking-to-ghost/

I hope that big cabinet is bolted to the wall before they have the bright idea of opening the doors and drawers and climbing inside it.

Another weird baby monitor case.

By Tim Binnall
An unsettling piece of footage circulating online shows what appears to be a little girl being pulled under her bed by an unseen force as she cries out to her mother for help. The chilling incident reportedly occurred this past Sunday evening just before midnight and the video was subsequently shared on TikTok the next day by the toddler's dad, Josh Dean. In captioning the post, the unnerved father simply wrote "my daughter being pulled under the bed ... wife thinks she crawled, but she was pulled by something."

In the truly creepy footage, the youngster can be seen clambering off of her bed and looking underneath it as if something had drawn her attention. She then begins to slowly disappear under the bed while bellowing "mommy" over and over again in a moment that is pure nightmare fuel. The girl can then be heard wailing from beneath the bed until her mother comes into the room and lifts the furniture up to free her.

Unsurprisingly, the eerie video quickly went viral, amassing nearly a million views in just a few days. In an update posted by the girl's mother a few days later, she insisted that the incident was not staged and conceded that "I can't explain it." She went on to explain that she had initially thought that her daughter had simply crawled under the bed and gotten stuck, but seeing the footage made her suspect that perhaps something paranormal had taken place. What's your take on the spooky scene?

Via Coast to Coast A.M.:
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/watch-ghost-pulls-girl-under-bed/

Daily Mail write up:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-baby-monitor-footage-toddler-pulled-bed.html
I bet it was her older brother. Take it from me. It happens. :p

Alternatively, a home invader? :oops:

I bet it was her older brother. Take it from me. It happens. :p

Alternatively, a home invader? :oops:
Absolutely. My cousin aged 80 still complains with great feeling about the time her older brother shut her in a closet and made her stay there all evening so that the babysitter thought there was only one child to sit.

Here's a video of a guy debunking the toddler under the bed video

However he omits analysis of the section starting at around 46 seconds of the original video where you see the child (?) briefly appear from under the top left of the bed and then again what looks like the back of her head briefly emerge from the foot of the bed.

Grandma Left Terrified After Seeing ‘Demon’ Standing Over Granddaughter's Bed

A woman is begging paranormal experts for help after she spotted a 'demon' standing over her granddaughter's bed.

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-images.ladbible.com%2Fs3%2Fcontent%2F15466244604f4a453ed46e7f036abde1.png

Tory McKenzie, from Las Vegas, set up a motion-activated camera at her son Ryan's house after her two-year-old granddaughter Amber had begun talking to an unseen entity in the night.

Several days later, Tory checked the camera's footage and was horrified to spot a figure standing just inches away from her young granddaughter and seven-month old grandson Michael.

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-images.ladbible.com%2Fs3%2Fcontent%2F38cd64b0604f40613ed4d433d29c2a2d.jpg

“Everybody was asleep, so it couldn't have been my son or his partner.

"We have still shots of him in there and it looks nothing like that. I know that it's something supernatural.

"Ryan has moved the kids out of their room and into his room. Nothing bad has happened to them yet, but it's the fact that it could.”

https://www.ladbible.com/community/...eing-demon-standing-over-grandkids-b-20210315

maximus otter

It looks to me like Grandma checking up on the children and being captured on the camera.

(edit to add) or mum or dad. Definitely looks like a person to me.

Reminds me of that recent case where the mother thought her dead son was visible on the security camera, when it was obviously just her daughter moving around the kitchen.

Back