• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

My Curious Phobia (Trypophobia)

True, though 'unreasonable' is an understatement about someone who'd spank an ill and distressed child. I can remember being afraid to puke in bed because I fully believed she'd rub it in my face. All this was when we lived in a house with no bathroom!
No bathroom. Poor you!

Must admit, if there were a bug going round and I had a choice of squits or sicks I'd go for t'squits. At least I could look at my phone.

I'd prefer being sick. It seems to go over quicker because all the badness hasn't got into your system. A few quick throw ups and you're back in the game. The squits is a nasty, foul smelling business which lasts all night and makes you exhausted the next day.

Might I just confess here that I love lying in bed with a fever. I love the feeling of waking up drenched in sweat, hair all soaking wet. I'm not sure why? When I was a kid, and once as an adult I think, I woke up from a feverish sleep to find a pool of sweat had formed on my chest. Sitting up made it run down my chest.

The more I think about it, the odder it is becoming. I hate sleeping when I'm sweaty because the room is too hot. But I love it when my internal radiator whacks up to max and I feel cold, wet pillow under my neck. #weirdo

The thing I hate about vomiting is the pain in the ribs it causes. I am also very glad I have never grown my hair long, so I could get vomit in it.

I'd prefer being sick. It seems to go over quicker because all the badness hasn't got into your system. A few quick throw ups and you're back in the game. The squits is a nasty, foul smelling business which lasts all night and makes you exhausted the next day.

I tend to agree ... Once I learned there was no way I'd feel any better until I threw up, I became accustomed to just doing it and getting it over with. The one time I encountered major food poisoning was a spectacularly odious exercise (insofar as it evacuated my entire system), but my guts remained inside me.

Might I just confess here that I love lying in bed with a fever. I love the feeling of waking up drenched in sweat, hair all soaking wet. I'm not sure why? When I was a kid, and once as an adult I think, I woke up from a feverish sleep to find a pool of sweat had formed on my chest. Sitting up made it run down my chest.

The more I think about it, the odder it is becoming. I hate sleeping when I'm sweaty because the room is too hot. But I love it when my internal radiator whacks up to max and I feel cold, wet pillow under my neck. #weirdo

I learned quite early that a raging fever was a gateway to all kinds of interesting hallucinations, etc. After the initial novelty wore off, it simply sucked. Somehow I came to learn that it could be overcome by deliberately allowing myself to overheat until the fever broke. From that time onward I tended to wrap up as warmly as possible and ride it out (when other mitigating tactics were unavailable).

If you're vomming badly enough there are meds to stop it. I've had them twice, once for a nasty bug* and once after a general anaesthetic. They work almost instantly.

*I was prostrate and dehydrating. The doctor came and said 'Oh yes, it's that bug going round, I'll give you an injection for it and you'll be as right as rain!' So I said 'Thank you Doctor! Where does the jab go?'
He indicated the but-tock area so I eagerly turned over, bared my bum and assumed a compliant bike-rack position.

Ten minutes later, starting to feel chilly, I realised he'd gone back to his car for it. No wonder I didn't get any visitors!

The average global birth rate is 18.5 births per 1,000 total population in 2016. The death rate is 7.8 per 1,000 per year. The RNI is thus 1.06 percent. ... The 2016 average of 18.6 births per 1,000 total population is estimated to be about 4.3 births/second or about 256 births/minute for the world. So the birth rate is somewhere between two thirds and double the death rate.

I am just getting over a stomach bug, I started to feel better this afternoon. I had a mini celebration earlier on when I broke wind, I don't want to get cocky though. I am so drained though.

I am just getting over a stomach bug, I started to feel better this afternoon. I had a mini celebration earlier on when I broke wind, I don't want to get cocky though. I am so drained though.
Get well soon, Spudrick.

No bathroom. Poor you!

Yup, no bathroom. We lived in a crumbling damp Victorian terrace with only one tap in the place, in the kitchen, and with t'lavvy at the bottom of the garden. It was an actual flushing bog though, unlike those of neighbours in the next streets who still had night soil collections.
(The Ten o'Clock 'orses of local fame.)

Back