• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

My Illusions Delusions

Would you like this thread to stay open and for the story to continue?

• YES

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We walked across the blue carpet to the opposite hall. There were Signs shaped like arrows, Fitness Center, Weight Room, Lockers.

We stopped in front of a large plate glass window with crossed wires inside.
On the other side of that, I could see row after row of fitness equipment, and several weights, benches... A lady folding white towels, and an aerobics class... people moving from one machine to another, working out...

Mom waited for me to take it all in.

Me, “Wow! This is big...”

Mom, “So, this was here last year... I do not think there would have been any reason for a classroom to be used as a weight room if the students could use this one...”

Me, “You are right, but I saw what I saw....”

Mom, “Interesting. I will do some more checking.”

Me, “You must think I’m crazy.”

Mom, “Nope. Could be anything, but I doubt you are crazy. Possibly you dreamed it, or maybe the class room was a weight room for some special purpose... or maybe something else.”

She shrugged. “ You Do well at science and math. Maybe Someday, all this will be yours for a few years... would you like to have access to all this someday?”

Mom was always good at shifting the topic when she wanted, and I knew she was leading me away from stress toward an Image of a bright future, and planting an educational seed. I decided to let her lead me where she wanted, so I replied,

“Yes, that would be cool.”

Mom, “Come on, we will go home and you can use your bench in the meantime...”

Last edited:
Second Request: Which college was the setting?

Second Request: Which college was the setting?
I am avoiding divulging the exact place... it lends itself too abuse by scammers.
Sorry to disappoint. I am curious why it is important to you?

I am avoiding divulging the exact place... it lends itself too abuse by scammers.
Sorry to disappoint. I am curious why it is important to you?

Feel free to inform me privately, via PM.

I'ma git me a comfy chair and some popcorn.

Just one question....

All wishing for thread To remain open, and will take the oath of patience, respond with a YES.

I will need 40 votes of YES to continue.

Will 40 votes of "No" make you stop?

EnolaGaia is quite justified in asking for specifics. Whilst we're open to strange occurrences being experienced and subsequently related to us, you have to submit to a degree of scrutiny and discussion. Up to now it's taken acres of verbiage for you to even start getting around to the point. I suggest you get on with it, or this thread may be relocated to Chat.

Forumists can obviously pick and choose which threads to read.
I must admit my interest in Ken/Kchoo's "playful imaginings" started flagging some time ago , but I certainly wouldn't wish to deprive anyone who enjoys his writing the opportunity to read more.
I also acknowledge that my suspicions that these instalments were intended as teasers to promote his books were likely misplaced. Was I the only forumist who, initially intrigued, did a quick Google and was led to Ken/Kchoo's Amazon page?
I do agree with Yith though that these musings would sit more happily in a bespoke thread in the Chat folder, as I don't believe for one moment that the fantastic encounters really did happen to Kchoo any more than they happened to Billy Meier or George Adamski, who would appear to be influences!

I only say that I do believe we are visited by the types, described by Billy, and George, and the ONLY reason I believe it is because of my OWN encounters. The books ARE fiction. THEY WERE INSPIRED BY REAL EVENTS.
THIS story, is just a mysterious person that I never fully defined, so, If that is boring to you, I understand, let it die.
STU-
I doubt this will even get 40 votes total, but I won’t be accused of forcing anything on anyone,.

For you to ask if 40 No votes would be enough to stop is a pretty nasty dig on its own right, and I would expect better from the leaders of the board to be honest.
Let the lynch... Er... voting occur.

For you to ask if 40 No votes would be enough to stop is a pretty nasty dig on its own right, and I would expect better from the leaders of the board to be honest.
By my standards it's quite mild...

I was joking! Wasn't meant to be taken seriously :) . Do pray continue.

This story is paused.

So far, there are 4 No votes, and only 2 YES votes.. I do not intend to continue until vote in expires in a few days.

Let’s ‘Weight” and see. (See what I did there? )

Stu- As far as where this thread belongs, I leave that up to the Moderators. They have the power, and they can put it in a Trash Bin Thread if they like.

The real test, is if the readers want this story to continue, not which forum it is in.

Stu- As far as where this thread belongs, I leave that up to the Moderators. They have the power, and they can put it in a Trash Bin Thread if they like.
We do have the power, correct. This is entirely dependent upon how the story unfolds though, and I would suggest that there is now sufficient context to move on to the Fortean aspects proper.

By the way, Chat is not a "Trash Bin Thread". It's just a forum containing threads that have no conscious Fortean content - hence my request to you that maybe now would be the time to explain why this story is Fortean.

Further - are you suggesting that the poll alone will be the arbiter of whether you will even continue? If so I should point out that few polls ever attain more than a dozen or two responses.

Take my advice, press on, and we can see how the story develops and thus where the thread ends up. How's that?

We do have the power, correct. This is entirely dependent upon how the story unfolds though, and I would suggest that there is now sufficient context to move on to the Fortean aspects proper.

By the way, Chat is not a "Trash Bin Thread". It's just a forum containing threads that have no conscious Fortean content - hence my request to you that maybe now would be the time to explain why this story is Fortean.

Further - are you suggesting that the poll alone will be the arbiter of whether you will even continue? If so I should point out that few polls ever attain more than a dozen or two responses.

Take my advice, press on, and we can see how the story develops and thus where the thread ends up. How's that?
This story is weird and strange, but I am not certain if it is exactly paranormal, however, At the stage the story is in, I think it sniffs of paranormal.

I had planned on telling the story, and then opening a discussion as to that very question, but I didn’t anticipate that readers would be wanting conclusions so quickly. Nor did I anticipate investigative questions, as I see little value on the exact locations etc, as much as I place value on the strange Happenings.

At your beckoning, Stu, I will continue if you think that is best, but a poll does carry weight and as you can see, it already rules in favors of stopping.

I already feel like I would be wasting my time by continuing, so I suggest that readers take the poll seriously and cast their votes now. Please?

At your beckoning, Stu, I will continue if you think that is best, but a poll does carry weight and as you can see, it already rules in favors of stopping
I do think it best. As for the poll - six people in total have voted. Six.

Do please continue.

Please continue. It's starting to get interesting. The simple fact that you are making several of the regulars here pretty uncomfortable might tell us something useful. Beyond that, you are good at telling a story and since most of us are here for entertainment, why not let's hear the whole story? As far as what forum this belongs in, well IHTM seems appropriate, at least at this point. I could give a shit if it's here or in chat or whatever. I don't use the forum that way, but of course others have their own ways.

I'm sure you are up to the grilling you will get when you finish this. I like your comments about patience. Then of course no one is forced to read it anyway.

I'm well stocked with popcorn. Proceed please.

I stopped reading the longer posts after two or three, I've scrolled looking at the shorter posts by you and others. I'm not voting one way or another and am more interested in people's responses to your thread than the thread "content" itself, if you have Fortean experiences to share then I'm willing to read them but my patience is coming close to being exhausted.

Is that all the readers? Lol.
Ahemmm..

...Continuing...,

SO I worked out, and swam, pondering things over in my mind..,

“I am not crazy. I KNOW there was a weight room... and when Captain gets back, I will have him explain everything. He is helping me... he hasn’t hurt me in the least... I trust his instruction.., he obviously knows what works and fitness is important to him.,, I should have worked out all winter... I won’t get flabby again... His presence in my life is important to me.., but WHO IS HE?”

I read magazines at the local 5 n Dime. It was a mile or less away on my bike, and I could read, and learn... and go home and lift, and eat better..., I used my allowance to buy some protein powder, and bought tuna and salmon at the grocer across the street. Mom left me ample lunch money while she was away to study. I grilled Salmon , tuna, and hamburgers on the new gas grill. (Mom had hired installers to put it in a permanent gas grill at the end of the patio, and attached it to the house gas main.... I was set!)

Weeks went by, without seeing him, then one day, He was talking to a pretty lady at the entrance gate to the pool. He was wearing a white tunic, and black jeans, and cowboy boots. She was wearing a sparkly blue fitted blouse with silver vertical stripes, and a skirt. Her black shoulder length hair was tossed by a gust of wind, exposing a white hoop dangling from her right ear. They seemed to be having a pleasant, flirty discussion. She kissed him on the lips, and caressed his cheek, then waved as she turned to leave through the gate.

Last edited:
Forty responses would be an unlikely possibility, given:

- the weekend timeframe
- the eastern North American outages from the current winter storm (still in progress)
- the fact you set up the poll to close after only a second day (on Monday)

Do you (kchoo) want me to see if I can re-configure the poll to remain open longer?

Forty responses would be an unlikely possibility, given:

- the weekend timeframe
- the eastern North American outages from the current winter storm (still in progress)
- the fact you set up the poll to close after only a second day (on Monday)

Do you (kchoo) want me to see if I can re-configure the poll to remain open longer?

I trust your instinct on that.

The polling period has been extended to 7 days.

I stopped reading the longer posts after two or three, I've scrolled looking at the shorter posts by you and others. I'm not voting one way or another and am more interested in people's responses to your thread than the thread "content" itself, if you have Fortean experiences to share then I'm willing to read them but my patience is coming close to being exhausted.

My style may be too slow for most people these days... I think they have been conditioned by twitter, Instagram, and the likes, to expect immediate gratification. My stories are interesting, but they do take a bit of an attention span, and some patience, to be rewarding.

It is interesting to note this growing conditioning, as it seems people are convinced that everything should be instant these days... it saddens me, really. If I am right about that, then It also scares me.

Paranormal is nothing compared to the reality of the growing impatience I am observing...

My style may be too slow for most people these days... I think they have been conditioned by twitter, Instagram, and the likes, to expect immediate gratification. My stories are interesting, but they do take a bit of an attention span, and some patience, to be rewarding.

It is interesting to note this growing conditioning, as it seems people are convinced that everything should be instant these days... it saddens me, really. If I am right about that, then It also scares me.

Paranormal is nothing compared to the reality of the growing impatience I am observing...
I have problems with this too. I used to post links to all sorts of interesting things at other forums, but often there would be no response at all. I started warning people that the link led to something that would take some time and focus, "not for those with short attention spans," and the same response: crickets. Recently I came across a free book you can download from NASA's website, about the most badass airplane ever, the X-15. I was eager to share it, but upon realizing it took me two weeks to read all 700 and some pages, thought better of it. Nobody but a hard core nerd would be interested.

That's a matter of opinion.
Why are you here? I'm interested in the responses of people here too, but if it bothers you why do you keep coming back? I ignore most of the threads here, as I do on most forums. Kchoo seems to touch a nerve with his narratives, and I find it fascinating. I don't care it they are true in any objective sense. I suppose that's of vital importance to some, but a forum about weird events and stories seems an odd place to hang out if that is the case.

I don't mean any disrespect or offense. I'm just curious. It's easy to get the feeling there are pitchforks and torches at the ready. IHTM is advertised as a place to tell one's stories. Unless they give some people the willies?

That's a matter of opinion.
Hence the reason for the vote. Commit with your vote one way, or the other. Or stop wasting your time here.
(funny how people think voicing an opinion is more valuable that a committed vote.). A symptom of the world where people think if they write their words it is better than a vote. It is not, it is just verbiage into cyberspace, but a vote is EVERYTHiNG. Use it.

Back