• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

My iPad Just 'Spoke' To Me

I always say 'please', Myth. I even say 'please' and 'thank you' to ATMs...
I never use them, but when occasionally Ms Petes insists on dragging me through the electronic check outs at supermarkets I always respond to the commands with "ok then". Causes much eye rolling from Ms P and amusement amongst by standers, but not apparently sufficiently embarrassing to prevent me having to run the gamut of these infernal machines when it's deemed to be "necessary". Sigh.

I always say 'please', Myth. I even say 'please' and 'thank you' to ATMs...

Also automatic doors.

but not the ones where you push a button to open them. That would be silly

I never use them, but when occasionally Ms Petes insists on dragging me through the electronic check outs at supermarkets I always respond to the commands with "ok then". Causes much eye rolling from Ms P and amusement amongst by standers, but not apparently sufficiently embarrassing to prevent me having to run the gamut of these infernal machines when it's deemed to be "necessary". Sigh.
I talk to everything that talks to me, whether its inanimate or not I can't help it, I noticed I was arguing with my satnav so much I had to turn the sound off.

That's so odd! talking to appliances! Why, if that were normal, people would yell at televisions during sports matches!

Back