• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

My Not-So-Secret Admirer

Natalie Wood died young (only 43) and sadly never had the chance to go grey.

Her death would make a worthy subject for Fortean discussion: drowned in mysterious and suspicious circumstances, and the only other person likely to have any idea what happened has since admitted lying about it. She had a difficult life.

Lena Martell is approaching her 79th birthday and is therefore likely to be grey.

They did have a surprising resemblance to each other, if you choose your photos carefully:
View attachment 16743
View attachment 16742

Sorry I meant to say I went grey, not them ‍

Last edited by a moderator:
I can be precise about this date because it was just after 9/11.

As I left my house one morning (Alsager @escargot), parked up a few yards away was a large black Mercedes car with four suited guys in it.

In that part of the town at that time (5am) and in that vehicle, they were so out of place that I thought it very odd, even at that point.

Four or five hours later I was down in Coventry and I swear I saw the same car and men.

There was a landrover thing parked outside the supermarket when I finished work the other day. A very similar one drove past me when I was out running and made the dog jump, then when I got up past the farm at the furthest point of our run - there is was again, parked just beyond the farm gate.

This time, as I went past, I got a proper look at it. It's Environment Agency. They'll be around checking the rivers, I expect.

There was a landrover thing parked outside the supermarket when I finished work the other day. A very similar one drove past me when I was out running and made the dog jump, then when I got up past the farm at the furthest point of our run - there is was again, parked just beyond the farm gate.

This time, as I went past, I got a proper look at it. It's Environment Agency. They'll be around checking the rivers, I expect.
Are you sure it's not you giving off the the pong? :evillaugh:

(I can talk - our boiler is broken. No showers for the foreseeable. :omg: )

Are you sure it's not you giving off the the pong? :evillaugh:

(I can talk - our boiler is broken. No showers for the foreseeable. :omg: )
They're checking water levels! But I admit, it did give me a turn when I saw the same Landrover for the third time, I had a bit of a 'are they watching me?' moment. But, sadly, no. No one is watching me.

They're checking water levels! But I admit, it did give me a turn when I saw the same Landrover for the third time, I had a bit of a 'are they watching me?' moment. But, sadly, no. No one is watching me.
I was told I was being watched by the police some years ago. I'd been visiting someone in a building that was under surveillance and my car registration had been noted.

An actual officer rang me up to tell me this.
At the time I had a job where I liaised with the police so I hoped he'd told them I was above suspicion!

I was later present by chance when the place was being raided for drugs and guns. It's all on'ere somewhere.

Someone else who was there told me 'You don't 'alf fuckin' do as you're told when the police point a gun at yer!' :nods:

Back