• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

My Strangest Experience

Oh my God that's so creepy. I dont think I would cope if I heard anyone actually talking. It made me feel really spooked first reading it and then I realised your name is actually Julie & it creeped me out even more Haha.
I don't know what shoes the train track person was wearing I will ask my brother when I next see him on Tuesday night. The murder victim was a woman but the murderer has also since died so could be him. Or could be not related at all.

Oh my God that's so creepy. I dont think I would cope if I heard anyone actually talking. It made me feel really spooked first reading it and then I realised your name is actually Julie & it creeped me out even more Haha.
I don't know what shoes the train track person was wearing I will ask my brother when I next see him on Tuesday night. The murder victim was a woman but the murderer has also since died so could be him. Or could be not related at all.
I find stories from recent decades intriguing. I think that incidents such as murder/violent death have to leave some kind of psychic type mark.

I've got another mini story and I wasn't sure if to put it in here or to do another post in the minor strangeness thread .
I was given some rosary beads by my nan that had belonged to her granny so they were over 100 years old at the time. I aren't religious but I thought they would be a nice heirloom and might bring good luck. I kept them in my pocket on my first driving test (which I failed) & then just had them on my bedside cabinet. Anyway I started having bad luck all the time and weird little things would happen , things going missing, bad dreams etc. I got it into my head it was the rosary beads lol. I thought maybe God thought it was blasphemous that I used them as a charm so I started praying the rosary (I'm not religious in the slightest but these things from school stay with you). Anyway these things continued so I buried them deep in a drawer and never thought of them again. When I moved out I took them with me but buried them in a drawer again and they're in one of my kitchen drawers as we speak.
Woah that was long winded. Right, last week when me and my brother were chatting about this sort of thing and he told me the 80s ghost story (as it shall now be known) and reminded me of the Blair witch weirdness, I told him about these rosary beads. A couple of days ago I got them out of the drawer , held them in my hands and took a photo of them to send to my brother. Went upstairs again and started sorting some washing when I heard a big commotion in the kitchen , crashing and banging them sounded like something smashed. I ran downstairs and there in the middle of the kitchen floor was a mug, placed the right way up just randomly in the middle of the floor. No idea how it got there because all my mugs are kept in a cupboard and it was perfectly the right way up. I just grabbed the beads and shoved them back in the bottom of the drawer just incase hahaha.
That was quite a long way of telling a very small story sorry !

I have a simlairish story re bad luck/odd happenings re objects.Not sure if this is the right thread or not or if there is a thread on haunted objects? It was about a person I know who bought a poster size picture of an ace of spades playing card.It was hung in her hallway. It wasn't cheap and was an original picture not print. Well the woman went through a really series of difficult times and never attributed it to anything apart from bad luck/shit happens/life in general.But a friend of mine told me he visited the woman with a friend of his who was more into all things paranormal . Apparently he was pretty spooked as to why she had the picture in her hall. He said he felt uneasy in the house and said he didn't think it was a good idea to have. It could be all nonsense of course but I d wonder about this type of thing.

That's strange isn't it. It could be our minds though thinking it's a haunted object and blaming everything that goes wrong on it. We all go through times in life where you feel like it's one thing after another and it could just be coincidence. It's definitely odd though.

That's strange isn't it. It could be our minds though thinking it's a haunted object and blaming everything that goes wrong on it. We all go through times in life where you feel like it's one thing after another and it could just be coincidence. It's definitely odd though.
Yes I agree we can can make a link to between incidents and bad luck charms, and because of our interest in the supernatural we may have more of a tendancy to do this.It is interesting though and I do recall the notion {but not who said it!)that we have to be careful what we invite into our lives, in ways which include items classed as being of the occult. Again who knows it could be nonsense!but I do like stories of that kind of stuff.

I've got another mini story and I wasn't sure if to put it in here or to do another post in the minor strangeness thread .
I was given some rosary beads by my nan that had belonged to her granny so they were over 100 years old at the time. I aren't religious but I thought they would be a nice heirloom and might bring good luck. I kept them in my pocket on my first driving test (which I failed) & then just had them on my bedside cabinet. Anyway I started having bad luck all the time and weird little things would happen , things going missing, bad dreams etc. I got it into my head it was the rosary beads lol. I thought maybe God thought it was blasphemous that I used them as a charm so I started praying the rosary (I'm not religious in the slightest but these things from school stay with you). Anyway these things continued so I buried them deep in a drawer and never thought of them again. When I moved out I took them with me but buried them in a drawer again and they're in one of my kitchen drawers as we speak.
Woah that was long winded. Right, last week when me and my brother were chatting about this sort of thing and he told me the 80s ghost story (as it shall now be known) and reminded me of the Blair witch weirdness, I told him about these rosary beads. A couple of days ago I got them out of the drawer , held them in my hands and took a photo of them to send to my brother. Went upstairs again and started sorting some washing when I heard a big commotion in the kitchen , crashing and banging them sounded like something smashed. I ran downstairs and there in the middle of the kitchen floor was a mug, placed the right way up just randomly in the middle of the floor. No idea how it got there because all my mugs are kept in a cupboard and it was perfectly the right way up. I just grabbed the beads and shoved them back in the bottom of the drawer just incase hahaha.
That was quite a long way of telling a very small story sorry !
You might consider just offering them at the nearest church. The association with your family doesn't seem to be helping you -we all have nasty people in our family tree.

Rosary beads shouldn't have negative connotations. Perhaps they need to be used as intended!
If you're slightly on the superstitious side, try lighting a nice white candle and saying the Rosary respectfully and thoughtfully, maybe also while thinking loving thoughts towards your nan at the same time. Do it every evening for a week, and see if you feel better about them.

I like carved wooden things maybe because I think of the skill someone took to make them.
Anyway one time I bought a few carved objects at a carboot sale. One of them was a carved figure of a man.
When I got home though I felt uneasy when I handled this one and the next day I put it outside.
I still felt something each time I passed it so eventually I wrapped it in birthday paper, took it to the shopping centre, placed it next to my car and went shopping.
When I came back it was gone
On the other hand I once found a cross in a box of junk at a fete. The owner said he had never seen it before so sold it really cheaply.
Each time I touched it I felt waves of a comforting feeling.
I wonder if previous owners sometimes leave impressions?

I like carved wooden things maybe because I think of the skill someone took to make them.
Anyway one time I bought a few carved objects at a carboot sale. One of them was a carved figure of a man.
When I got home though I felt uneasy when I handled this one and the next day I put it outside.
I still felt something each time I passed it so eventually I wrapped it in birthday paper, took it to the shopping centre, placed it next to my car and went shopping.
When I came back it was gone
On the other hand I once found a cross in a box of junk at a fete. The owner said he had never seen it before so sold it really cheaply.
Each time I touched it I felt waves of a comforting feeling.
I wonder if previous owners sometimes leave impressions?

It could be true. It does make you wonder why certain objects make us feel a certain way.

Some people claim to have an ability to 'read' objects. I thought this was called 'telemetry' but having looked it up, I've found that word to mean a respectable method of remote data-transference.

Anyway I bet we have a thread on it.

Edit - Bad Bungle reminds me it's actually psychometry.

Last edited:
Remember Ian McShane in Lovejoy , a granny-friendly TV drama loosely set in the Antique business ? Lovejoy was known in the trade as a "divvy" (diviner) with the ability to tell if an antique was genuine or a fake. He could hold an object and sense if it was OLD - quite a Fortean theme now thinking about it.

Remember Ian McShane in Lovejoy , a granny-friendly TV drama loosely set in the Antique business ? Lovejoy was known in the trade as a "divvy" (diviner) with the ability to tell if an antique was genuine or a fake. He could hold an object and sense if it was OLD - quite a Fortean theme now thinking about it.
Yes and the books it was based on were even better.

Then again he appeared in a scene where he whipped a sideboard with chains and tipped stuff over it to make it look aged.

Except that's not how divvies normally work. Among other things, my Dad did a bit of that. He could usually tell where there was a restored part or if a piece of furniture was a 'marriage'. There are usually tell-tale signs if you know what to look for.
My Dad restored furniture as well. One of his restored pieces ended up on an antiques programme and the expert didn't spot the repairs.

Except that's not how divvies normally work. Among other things, my Dad did a bit of that. He could usually tell where there was a restored part or if a piece of furniture was a 'marriage'. There are usually tell-tale signs if you know what to look for.
My Dad restored furniture as well. One of his restored pieces ended up on an antiques programme and the expert didn't spot the repairs.

My respect to your Dad and his 'honest repairs'. Think Lovejoy lost the plot when he was revealed as the All-Father.

Years ago I won two wooden sculptures that csme from Africa. It turns out that one represents the tree of life. A friend insisted that I should get rid of the mask as it would bring bad luck. This was a long time ago I was spooked so got rid of it. She insisted that it was linked to dark forces.

But I have spent years looking in charity shop for a crying child portait but never find one.

Lovejoy was my Dad's favourite TV series. I liked it a lot too.
It's funny, I love the tiny tangents threads take.
I was a fan of Lovejoy too! I once spotted Dudley Sutton coming out of a studio theatre in the mid 90s (he was in the audience) but resisted the temptation to disturb him for an autograph and some fawning.
Repeats are on a Freeview channel, Yesterday I think

My oldest mate was a highly-trained and professional chimney sweep. (There’s an NVQ in chimney sweeping; he wrote the examination syllabus).

He was hired as a consultant on a Lovejoy episode that featured chimney sweeping. l seem to remember that he has photos of himself with one or two of the cast.

maximus otter

My oldest mate was a highly-trained and professional chimney sweep. (There’s an NVQ in chimney sweeping; he wrote the examination syllabus).

He was hired as a consultant on a Lovejoy episode that featured chimney sweeping. l seem to remember that he has photos of himself with one or two of the cast.

maximus otter
That's a claim to fame right there Haha

I was a fan of Lovejoy too! I once spotted Dudley Sutton coming out of a studio theatre in the mid 90s (he was in the audience) but resisted the temptation to disturb him for an autograph and some fawning.
The Drama channel. Number 20 on my set. Every day, just after Bergerac.

Ahem. Not that I'd know of course. Er. Just what someone told me.

My Mum and Dad saw him walking about near the Brompton Hospital, years ago. My Dad was going to the hospital for a post-op checkup. They both waved and said hello to him, I seem to recall.

I've never had a strange experience in my life....other than being related to some odd relatives. :)
But I love the Lovejoy comments above...also one of my favorite shows and I'm going to pull out my dvds and watch them .

Back