• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

My UFO Experience: Charliebrown

Once I tried to bring up the subject with one or two friends, and I could tell they thought I should be taken away to the funny farm.

I have said more than I have every said about the paranormal on this web site.

So, the answer is no.

Once I tried to bring up the subject with one or two friends, and I could tell they thought I should be taken away to the funny farm.

So, the answer is no.
So, there are two kinds of people: those who have had experiences and those who have not. I have decided is almost pointless to try to convince others of the reality of the phenomenon. So I am stopping. What a species, eh? Totally vulnerable to things from outside because of hubris and human exceptionalism.

So, the answer is no.
The circumstances around my experience were quite unusual; given the connection to the McMinnville UFO sighting and also being the same or same kind of objects in formation seen by others decades ago. The whole experience was unlikely and contrived. If I wanted to fake an experience, I certainly wouldn't have used this scenario to create a story --I would have gone for yours or a more remote setting! If one wanted to look into it, they would find that I wasn't posting on forums about the corroborating Roseburg experience until much later, when I finally found it by chance.
There was an overwhelming intentionality behind my experience. Just as the object was waiting for you to see it. I hope you have had a chance to go through the historic newspapers thread, because you will see so many other examples of the kinds of tactics you and I have experienced. The ability of these objects to "anticipate" actions and events --mentioned in the Drive article really just scratches the surface of the situation. I decided, having been shown the reality of UFOs --by the objects themselves, to go onto forums using my real name to try and share my experience with others; I almost felt I had a duty to do it --after all, I was given an experience others don't get to have and there had to be a reason. Since that time, I have lost pretty much all of my old friends and alienated many others over my position, as I will not be silent or deny the experience --why the hell should I? It does give one an unfortunate view of people an humanity generally after a while ---that in addition to what one hears on the news daily. But it's all part of the type and level of contact we can deal with, so I have to grin a little inside when I see how futile things are, and how even if the President shouted Disclosure from the rooftops --it wouldn't change a thing. This is the only way.
Think about how lucky you are, charliebrown.

@charliebrown
index.php

charliebrown said:
In the fall of 1998, I went to pick up a daughter who stayed after school for play practice.
Even though the area I had to cross was rural country with a stream, today this same area is all houses.
And there it was, a UFO silently stationary above the water.
charliebrown said:
The color was dull and did not reflect light, and in fact it was so unnoticeable, I am surprised that I noticed the UFO.
charliebrown said:
Here is the twist, the shape looked like a claim that came out of the ocean, not saucer or disk !
The size was about 8 feet tall and 25 feet long.

Hey, charliebrown! Check out what I just found:
And of course the lights "moved back and forth and up and down" :cool:
OysterUFO.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, sometimes I get sidetracked with family, but had a chance to logon.

The Fortean Forums for me has so much information to digest, it takes time.

Wow ! I got a dedicated thread ! This has never happened to me.

I feel like I won an Academy Award or a BAFTA.

I have seen the Flight of the Navigator, my UFO must have been a sleeker sports model, not as bulky.

Feinman,

Thanks for all the newspaper articles, and the Bellevue article sounds like me.

My daylight UFO sighting that day was what it was, and I have no doubts about it.

Back