• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

My UFO Experiences Affected / Changed My Life

Haven't spoken about it for years, no one talks about these things.
I remember telling my Dad about it, he just said, 'I don't believe in those things', and then I dropped it completely. LOL
I'm very pleased that you have shared it with us! No doubt there are others in the same boat as you. Easier to clam up than be ridiculed, sadly.

At Fylingdales they monitor the position of satellites and orbital debris using their powerful phased-array radar. I don't think monitoring the images that come from satellites would be quite as important a part of their workload. That's more likely to be done elsewhere.

Perhaps these anomalies were unusual radar returns rather than visual images.
I have no idea exactly what his job was - all I know is he was monitoring something and said they'd seen anomalies they couldn't account for. Wonder what it was?

I was just a normal 10 year old 4th grader coming home from the grocery at night with my mom.

We lived in a rural area because the houses were cheaper away from the center of town.

In the field next to the road, about 100 feet off the ground, a UFO started very slowly coming across the road.

The UFO looked like white neon light, but the white light did not seem to put light on anything near.

For a few seconds, us and two other cars in front of us stopped to look, and I don’t know where the UFO went.

Now what really got me was my mom saying we can not tell anyone, not even my father.

This was my introduction to the shadow world of UFOs.

The UFO looked like white neon light, but the white light did not seem to put light on anything near.
A great account, and this bit is another aspect of what we've talked about upthread, UFOs not seeming to interact with their environment the way they should. I wonder how many folk have seen luminous UFOs and not noticed they're not casting light around them.

I was just a normal 10 year old 4th grader coming home from the grocery at night with my mom.

We lived in a rural area because the houses were cheaper away from the center of town.

In the field next to the road, about 100 feet off the ground, a UFO started very slowly coming across the road.

For a few seconds, us and two other cars in front of us stopped to look, and I don’t know where the UFO went.

Now what really got me was my mom saying we can not tell anyone, not even my father.

This was my introduction to the shadow world of UFOs.
An interesting account @charliebrown. I wonder why your mum was so adamant that you shouldn't tell anyone? Perhaps other people in the area had seen something similar and either been ridiculed or warned not to say anything. If warned by who I wonder. Or perhaps it was just an instictive reaction on her part, something that she didnt want to process so least said soonest mended maybe? It just adds another layer of intrigue. Did you ever mention it to her again?

Sollywos,

My mother and I never talked about the UFO again because of my father.

My parents grew up in the American Depression and my father was a normal father but not “ warm and fuzzy “.

PeteByride,

The light coming from this UFO was the most mysterious of all and the “ real “ answer to what are UFOs.

The white light would explode in a burst, but almost immediately the white light would be sucked back into the UFO and this sequence would happen over and over again.

I have thought about this implosion of light for many years to what could cause this.

I think we are dealing with gravitational forces we do not understand.

I think we are dealing with the “ Oz Effect “ and maybe wormholes or another dimension.

I still think UFOs are a different reality and don’t belong to our reality.

I have thought about this implosion of light for many years to what could cause this.

I think we are dealing with gravitational forces we do not understand.

I think we are dealing with the “ Oz Effect “ and maybe wormholes or another dimension.

I still think UFOs are a different reality and don’t belong to our reality.
I agree 100%!
And we think about UFO's in terms of our little world, but it's something that needs to be thought of as a product of the universe.

Some people think the universe is a living entity.
I can't say I see much evidence of consciousness in the universe, but hypothetically;

My first thought is that it would be a very slow thinking entity with the constraints of light speed, and with the expansion of the universe, with increasing dementia as areas become inaccessible to other areas.

My second thought is that some have suggested spacetime emerges from underlying quantum entanglements, which I suppose opens the possibility of all kinds of unseen structure.

I can't say I see much evidence of consciousness in the universe, but hypothetically;

My first thought is that it would be a very slow thinking entity with the constraints of light speed, and with the expansion of the universe, with increasing dementia as areas become inaccessible to other areas.

My second thought is that some have suggested spacetime emerges from underlying quantum entanglements, which I suppose opens the possibility of all kinds of unseen structure.
It seems you are trying to limit thought using physical parameters. Is your thinking limited by physical parameters? I don't think it is. Conscioussness has a whole different type of parameters.

It seems you are trying to limit thought using physical parameters. Is your thinking limited by physical parameters?
If you're asking me whether my brain is limited by physical laws, then yes, yes it is.

Very politeof you, but it's where I assume my consciousness and thoughts reside until I get some good evidence to suggest otherwise.
I'm far from an expert on this, but I've somehow gained the impression that contemporary neuroscience suggests that the brain may be just one of the organs - admittedly, the main one - implicated in our minds. I gather, for example, that neurons can be found in intestinal tissue, which implies the notion of "gut feelings" may have more to it than we thought. Ditto the heart.

None of which disproves your assumption, of course, but I find this fascinating. There is all manner of wild speculation that arises, for me.

I'm far from an expert on this, but I've somehow gained the impression that contemporary neuroscience suggests that the brain may be just one of the organs - admittedly, the main one - implicated in our minds. I gather, for example, that neurons can be found in intestinal tissue, which implies the notion of "gut feelings" may have more to it than we thought. Ditto the heart.

None of which disproves your assumption, of course, but I find this fascinating. There is all manner of wild speculation that arises, for me.
That's my understanding, too. We're complicated beings. But, yeah, I wasn't going for that much detail.

"The little brain", a network of neurons that line your stomach and your gut. There are over 100 million of these.

Misunderstanding the distance can be a factor in these things, however there is something else going on as well.

My experiences started out with seeing "stars" that zipped around the sky in formatins of 3 or multiples of 3.

This was my first post on this Forum

In late summer 1996 I saw three orange lights flying in formation over North West London/South Hertfordshire.
It was still light, about 7pm.

The lights were in a triangle, flying fast, slightly altering position, but one would periodically break away from the formation and shoot downwards or side to side at fantastic speed, then re-join the formation.

I estimated their usual altitude to be 2500 feet, and airspeed to be over Mach Five at times, at other times much slower.

No known/revealed human aircraft or spacecraft could do what these lights did, whether fixed wing or helicopter.
I doubt they were lanterns because of the way one light broke off then re-joined the others.

I was not the only person to see these, because I was driving my car and other drivers and passengers were pointing up at the lights.

I reported them to the Ministry of Defence, who sent me a report form.
I compiled it and sent it back.
They replied thanking me for the report, but wrote no one else had reported this and so they did not consider them a threat to UK airspace.

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/orange-lights.62026/#post-1646251

This was my first post on this Forum

In late summer 1996 I saw three orange lights flying in formation over North West London/South Hertfordshire.
It was still light, about 7pm.

The lights were in a triangle, flying fast, slightly altering position, but one would periodically break away from the formation and shoot downwards or side to side at fantastic speed, then re-join the formation.

I estimated their usual altitude to be 2500 feet, and airspeed to be over Mach Five at times, at other times much slower.

No known/revealed human aircraft or spacecraft could do what these lights did, whether fixed wing or helicopter.
I doubt they were lanterns because of the way one light broke off then re-joined the others.

I was not the only person to see these, because I was driving my car and other drivers and passengers were pointing up at the lights.

I reported them to the Ministry of Defence, who sent me a report form.
I compiled it and sent it back.
They replied thanking me for the report, but wrote no one else had reported this and so they did not consider them a threat to UK airspace.

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/orange-lights.62026/#post-1646251

Did you believe in UFOs before you saw those lights?

believe in
believe in

I hate that phrase.

sorry
I just do. It shits me off.

And yes, I believed n UFOs before I saw the Blinky lights.

It was like meeting a cousin you didn’t know you had. Kids know about this stuff. Groknups, not so much.

Did you believe in UFOs before you saw those lights?

I had an open mind, and was aware of some of the classic sightings.
I had no explanation for them.

I now am aware that there are things in the sky, that move in ways that no publicly known about human craft can.
Scientists have not published an explanation of these, governments have not explained them.

About 15 years ago, the Metro newspaper in London published online a short clip of very similar three orange lights to those I saw, but filmed that year.
This had been taken by a civilian witness that year, who happened to be a professional television cameraman.
I have tried but failed to find that article.
To the point am wondering if it was intentionally removed.

About 15 years ago, the Metro newspaper in London published online a short clip of very similar three orange lights to those I saw, but filmed that year.
This had been taken by a civilian witness that year, who happened to be a professional television cameraman.
I have tried but failed to find that article.
To the point am wondering if it was intentionally removed.
Wouldn't be the first time.

What is important to point out:

When I saw the lights, there were numerous other people who saw them.

It was 7PM, over an area of London just by the green belt.
About 9th - 12th September.

An area of suburban 3 and 4 bedroom houses with medium sized gardens, plus a few fields just beyond them, with a handful of houses in them, and a small village a mile beyond that.

There were numerous cars on the road, and passengers (and drivers) were pointing up at the lights.

It was light, visibility was good, with a blue sky and a small number of whispy clouds.
About 20 degrees Celcius, no rain.

It was not in the middle of a vast expanse of fields over a mile from the nearest building at 3AM.
(Not that such a sighting would lack validity.)

I was sober, not under the effects of any narcotics, and not tired, or suffering from any emotional distress or mental illness.

At first I thought it might be a laser light show for a party of sorts, but there were no visible beams of light connecting the lights in the sky to the ground.
I was not aware of any loud music if it was a party.

Last edited:
What is important to point out:

When I saw the lights, there were numerous other people who saw them.

It was 7PM, over an area of London just by the green belt.
About 9th - 12th September.

An area of suburban 3 and 4 bedroom houses with medium sized gardens, plus a few fields just beyond them, with a handful of houses in them, and a small village a mile beyond that.

There were numerous cars on the road, and passengers (and drivers) were pointing up at the lights.

It was light, visibility was good, with a blue sky and a small number of whispy clouds.
About 20 degrees Celcius, no rain.

It was not in the middle of a vast expanse of fields over a mile from the nearest building at 3AM.
(Not that such a sighting would lack validity.)

I was sober, not under the effects of any narcotics, and not tired, or suffering from any emotional distress or mental illness.

At first I thought it might be a laser light show for a party of sorts, but there were no visible beams of light connecting the lights in the sky to the ground.
I was not aware of any loud music if it was a party.
How long did your sighting last?

I can not prove anything I say, but the most colorful UFO I ever saw was one dark, winter night in the 1980s.

On the edge of town they had cleared land for a new building giving way to a wide clear view of the sky.

There was a police car sitting on the property, so I said to myself the policeman was looking for speeders.

But no, this police car was looking at the most beautiful powder blue diamond shaped UFO in the night sky.

Obviously, the police car never reported it because nothing was In the small local paper.

This local paper would print anything, for example Mrs. Jones cow broke lose and ran down the streets.

I never saw anything like this again.

I can not prove anything I say, but the most colorful UFO I ever saw was one dark, winter night in the 1980s.

On the edge of town they had cleared land for a new building giving way to a wide clear view of the sky.

There was a police car sitting on the property, so I said to myself the policeman was looking for speeders.

But no, this police car was looking at the most beautiful powder blue diamond shaped UFO in the night sky.

Obviously, the police car never reported it because nothing was In the small local paper.

This local paper would print anything, for example Mrs. Jones cow broke lose and ran down the streets.

I never saw anything like this again.
What a shame that police officer didn't report this sighting, probably afraid of ridicule, especially back then.

@Ronnie Jersey

The sighting lasted about a minute.

It only ended because I was at first driving alongside the lights (to my right), and then away from the lights, which were moving around a general area.

When I was about a quarter of a mile further along the road I glanced back and they were still there, moving around.

I really must stress that almost every driver and passenger on that road, which had at least 15 cars in both directions, was looking up at these lights.
In the case of the car ahead of me, the passenger was pointing at them.

They were not something I have seen before or since, and I guess the other people around were also aware of that.

They were not in a fixed formation or "floating", so I have ruled out Chinese Lanterns or the edge of a large aircraft.

The very particular action, that one light shot off at speed, then rejoined the group, and that the three lights were somehow "interacting" with each other, adjusting formation like basketball players on a court, told me there was an intelligence behind them.

Last edited:
Back