My UFO Sightings

Rappinghood

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
I don't think UFOs are ET but investigating them is fascinating. I've seen 3 in my life.

1. Mid eighties, myself and some other kids watch what I can only describe as a pink egg zig zag around in the sky. It looked to have some kind of tail. Multiple witnesses and my dad coming into the garden and shouting on my mum to come and see it. It vanished just as she came to the back door, literally just wasn't there anymore. My dad thought it was some kind of electric disturbance in the atmosphere and I've always agreed with him.

2. 1999, a few amateur astronomers and I watch two parallel balls of light slowly arc across the sky. Observation through binocolurs just showed two balls of light. Very strange - seasoned skywatchers and aircraft enthusiasts stumped. Can't really come up with anything for this one.

3. Late night, 2015, sitting out back on a clear Summers eve. Slowly become aware of a small red bar of light slowly moving to the west. It seemed to stop dead then reverse before fading out. I suspect this was one of those bloody Chinese lanterns and the bar appearance was some kind of optical illusion.

Pretty dull - but dullness?

That's me speciality

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
I don't think UFOs are ET but investigating them is fascinating. I've seen 3 in my life.
Not dull at all! I would have liked to have seen the pink egg. Was this at night or in the day?

Yep those damn chinese lanterns have got a lot to answer for in more ways than one!

Sollywos x

Rappinghood

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
Not dull at all! I would have liked to have seen the pink egg. Was this at night or in the day?

Yep those damn chinese lanterns have got a lot to answer for in more ways than one!

Sollywos x
Night. Clear sky, spring time.
Hadn't been any weird weather.

Carl Grove

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Just two very strange things.. One, maybe 6 or 7 years ago. I live to the North of the town centre at Bury and looking out of the lounge window one morning I saw and heard a very odd something that was heading towards me. It was like a large round balloon with a kind of tail and was making a noise like a rather noisy lawn mower. I was thinking that it must be some kind of machine put together by students at the local college, but the odd thing was that I could see no sign of a propeller. At the same time the thought was occurring to me that I shouldn't take any notice of it, it really doesn't matter.

Maybe 2 or 3 years back I was in the garden and heard a small light aircraft (not uncommon, as although this is a military flight zone they do allow private pilots to use a small local airfield). It passed over heading northward and as I looked up I saw something very odd much higher up. It seemed to be a small group of maybe 4 balloons strung together, but suddenly it seemed to change into one single object, and then it morphed back into several. All the time it was moving quite rapidly, too quickly to be carried in the wind maybe, and in any case there was little wind that day. The only answer I could think of was a deflated weather balloon, but how would that change into several distinct segments?

bugmum

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Just two very strange things.. One, maybe 6 or 7 years ago. I live to the North of the town centre at Bury and looking out of the lounge window one morning I saw and heard a very odd something that was heading towards me. It was like a large round balloon with a kind of tail and was making a noise like a rather noisy lawn mower. I was thinking that it must be some kind of machine put together by students at the local college, but the odd thing was that I could see no sign of a propeller. At the same time the thought was occurring to me that I shouldn't take any notice of it, it really doesn't matter.

Maybe 2 or 3 years back I was in the garden and heard a small light aircraft (not uncommon, as although this is a military flight zone they do allow private pilots to use a small local airfield). It passed over heading northward and as I looked up I saw something very odd much higher up. It seemed to be a small group of maybe 4 balloons strung together, but suddenly it seemed to change into one single object, and then it morphed back into several. All the time it was moving quite rapidly, too quickly to be carried in the wind maybe, and in any case there was little wind that day. The only answer I could think of was a deflated weather balloon, but how would that change into several distinct segments?
Sounds to me like Pennywise holidays in Bury! Who knew?

Carl Grove

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Do you think the object was projecting this thought to you in a way to obfuscate itself from you?
It's possible. On the other hand it might have been our cultural bias trying to protect itself. I had a feeling that I was almost being shown something rather than just happening to see it, if that makes any sense.