• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mysterious 60m Diameter Disc Discovered On Baltic Seabed

Now they're asking for 242.361,00€ to fund "the rental of necessary equipment."

two-hundred and fifty thousand for RENTALS? That's a bargain. I'm going to empty my whole savings account into this fund...

A while back a Swedish search team found something strange on the bottom of the Baltic sea. What is it? Some argue it's a deposit from the latest glaciation, which occurred about 13 000-15 000 years ago.

I posted this in the Ufology section, but it can also belong to the earth section. I let you decide where it belongs.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/supernatural/balticufo.asp

Reactions: Doc
Nothing much came of that, did it?
It's been ages since that was announced.

A while back a Swedish search team found something strange on the bottom of the Baltic sea. What is it? Some argue it's a deposit from the latest glaciation, which occurred about 13 000-15 000 years ago.

I posted this in the Ufology section, but it can also belong to the earth section. I let you decide where it belongs.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/supernatural/balticufo.asp

It seems to be one odd rock formation? I noticed was it was presented by Snopes, a fairly reputable source. Did anyone ever determine why the instruments malfunctioned?

OOPARTS have to be up there with my favourite Fortean topics. ... [H]ow about anomalous structures, such as ... that weird thing at the bottom of the Baltic Sea?

There are a lot of "artist's impression" style images of the "anomaly" doing the rounds, but the original image/scan from the Ocean X team is rather less exciting and suggests strongly that it's nothing more than a rocky outcrop:

Attachments

• PSX_20181016_074736.jpg
    PSX_20181016_074736.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 23
Bedtimes Stories podcast just did a short one called "The Baltic Sea Anomaly". I can't find how to link episode. It's too bad, as I read this thread and find that there is no further updated info.

Even if it is a geological formation, I would be interested in it. However, if there is no money to be made, then the only further exploration would be if a publicly funded scientific team was interested for specific research.

Back