• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mysterious Marble

elffriend

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
This actually happened to my sister, who is much more attune to the other side than I am. She has asked me to post it here for her.

It happened at work a few years ago. She was sitting at her desk typing on the computer when she looked up. Sitting on the desk in front of her was a large beautiful coloured marble. She had never seen it before and asked her colleagues whose it was.

No-one else in her office had seen it before so my sister kept it. She felt it was unusual enough to put it in a special pouch and she kept it in her handbag. The pouch never left her bag and had a drawstring type closing.

She showed it to me several times always putting it back. A year or so after she found it she got the bag out to show one of my children the marble, only to find the bag empty, but still fastened tight.

She is still perplexed to this day as to a)where it came from in the first place and b)where it went to.

I have always assumed it went back to wherever it came from, but have no idea where that is. Has anyone else had a strange thing appear then disappear again or is my sis the only one?

No I dont think you sisiter is the only one to experience this, Check out Tweedspots post about half way down this page.

http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/s...15&highlight=john lennon marble&pagenumber=38

She hasnt been dreaming of dead rock stars lately has she?:p

seriously though I seem to remember reading about appearing marbles in relation to a poltergeist case aaaages ago..... any body feel free to fill in the gaps in my sieve-like memory!

Mr P

I found a marble under an upturned plant pot in my wildly overgrown garden yesterday. Just a normal marble, but very bright and clean, which surprised me.

escargot said:
I found a marble under an upturned plant pot in my wildly overgrown garden yesterday. Just a normal marble, but very bright and clean, which surprised me.

Marbelous........sorry....coat

Throws pink fluffy anorak at Elf.

If you're not careful I'll go back down t'yard, find the marble and photograph it on the BF's head! :eek:

As long as he's wearing a shirt.........:D

Pink and fluffy anorak? I resemble that remark....

Denying the pink and fluffy anorak eh, that's fighting talk where I come from. ;)

escargot said:
Denying the pink and fluffy anorak eh, that's fighting talk where I come from. ;)

Outside then, now.

followed by the sound of Elf running away, pink anorak trailing behind in the breeze

my uncle once stayed a night in Birsay island, being woken at one point when a jar of marbles was thrown off the table by nothing at all... :)

I've been trying to think of stuff to make for my hair. The other day I walked into Mum's room and found a hairclip with string and beads all over it. Really nice, so I figured I'd make them. They look great, by the way.
Asked Mum where it came from and she said she thought I put it there. Dad had never seen it before and my brother hadn't either. No one else has been in the house and to top it all off, it was on top of some books that Mum had put down just 10 minutes before. So they couldn't have been put down months back and forgotten about.
Not exactly X-files-worthy but weird nonetheless.

i found a marble the other day
i gave it a kick and it went along it's merry way

I love your stories, Lauren and Ellfriend. It's refreshing to have a fortean story that isn't terrifying for a change, but nice like yours.

Come on, now, thats not fortean.
But I can't resist sharing my marble story!When I was about six, I found a marble buried in my friends garden+kept it.I think people just get attached to pretty things real easy.

Back