• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mysterious Stone Labyrinths of Bolshoi Zayatsky Island

Kingsize Wombat

Justified & Ancient
Is there a general Stone Circles thread? I could find a bunch relating to this and that, but not one that covers the general topic. Anyway, here goes:

Mysterious Stone Labyrinths of Bolshoi Zayatsky Island

The Solovetsky Islands (or Solovki), are an archipelago in the Onega Bay of the White Sea, in Arkhangelsk Oblast, Russia. Bolshoi Zayatsky island is part of archipelago, which has, thirty-five Neolithic labyrinths, known as ‘Babylons’.

ravuh5.jpg

Exact purpose of these ancient stone constructions is unknown. The main assumption is that they, perhaps, symbolized a border between the world we live in and the world of spirits.

Lots more great pics, and more speculation in slightly dubious English:

http://weirdrussia.com/2015/05/16/mysterious-stone-labyrinths-of-bolshoi-zayatsky-island/

To me, they look a lot like the ancient "Atlantis" symbol that has been found in so many places:

2hx6b7l.png

Last edited:
Fascinating. Thank goodness they've remained so intact despite people marching all over them.

This is completely new to me - will read 'properly' when a bit less tired! Cheers.

Back