• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Five shots? Suicide definitely. Nothing to see here.

In the interests of fairness:

"Multiple gunshot suicides are rare, but possible. In one study of 138 gunshot suicides, 5 (3.6%) involved two shots to the head, the first of which missed the brain. In 2012, a suicide was reported in which a man shot himself 8 times in the head before he died 22 hours later.

In 1978, poet Frank Stanford put three bullets into his own heart with a pistol."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_gunshot_suicide#Examples

maximus otter

In the interests of fairness:
In 2012, a suicide was reported in which a man shot himself 8 times in the head before he died 22 hours later.

maximus otter
Was he using one of these?;
Henbrandt-Water-Pistol-11cm.jpg

Well, upsetting Putin by not helping deliver a 'glorious' military campaign is a form of suicide though.
I bet whoever persuaded Putin that abandoning Kherson to re-establish a battle front with the river between the Ukraine army was a sound 'tactical withdrawal' is worrying about 'committing suicide' if they don't hold even that front.
Putin doesn't like having any toy taken off him.

Another Putin critic 'falls out a window' to his death: Sausage tycoon plummets from luxury hotel - two days after his male friend died of a 'heart attack' on their trip to India

Russia's 'highest-earning elected politician' who had criticised Vladimir Putin's war in Ukraine has been found dead after a mysterious fall from a hotel in India.

Sausage multi-millionaire Pavel Antov, from the main pro-Putin party United Russia, had been on a trip to celebrate his upcoming 66th birthday.

A male friend in his party had died 'from a heart attack' on Thursday last week, and the wealthy politician perished two days later.

The married tycoon, an MP in the legislative assembly of the Vladimir region, was listed as Russia's highest-earning elected official in 2019.

The Russian Consul General in Kolkata Alexei Idamkin told TASS he 'fell' out of a hotel window in Rayagada, Odisha state.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...death-Tycoon-plummets-luxury-hotel-India.html

maximus otter

Re Pavel Anton, this is reportedly the hotel he ‘fell’ from:

Doesn’t look high enough to guarantee death if you wanted to end it all, even if you jumped off the roof. Horrible injury certainly. Of course if you were already dead then thrown off…. Not that I’m suggesting anything.

1672182781098.png

Third Russian found dead in India in mysterious circumstances within two weeks

A 50-year-old Russian working as the chief engineer of a ship anchored off Odisha’s Paradip port was found dead on Tuesday even as the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) is probing mysterious deaths of two other Russians, including a multi-millionaire in the state last month.
FULL STORY: https://www.hindustantimes.com/cities/others/odisha-another-russian-found-dead-101672723662415.html

(Well at least it seems he didn't fall to his death...)

Considering the usage of Iranian drones in the Ukraine war, I was surprised the Russians weren't able to use their own?
I merely mention this as if Putin's been misled over the technology/numbers of Russian drones, I forsee a few more military brass accidentally falling out of a hotel.

Considering the usage of Iranian drones in the Ukraine war, I was surprised the Russians weren't able to use their own?
I merely mention this as if Putin's been misled over the technology/numbers of Russian drones, I forsee a few more military brass accidentally falling out of a hotel.
Russian technology?
When working in Samara in 97 we had a joint on a water pipe leak and it started to undermine the road.
I used about 20 cans of expanding foam from our Turkish contractor, a product made in Turkey, to seal the joint. With only traces of the leak left I needed one more tin, the last one was Russian. I was hanging on this pipe, trying to get to the underside, I pressed the button and the Feckin can exploded.
Expanding foam in my hair, over my face and it glued my eyes together so I had to go to the local eye hospital.
Luckily my contact lenses stopped any serious eye damage, but it took weeks to get the stuff of my face and I looked like a Leper for the first few days.

Russian technology?
Ah, but it's almost a cliche that the authourities declare anything Russian as being superior to the West?
I'm sure the people know it's rubbish, I'm sure the authorities know it's rubbish, it fools no one ... but the declaration has become statutory. Criticise the tech, criticise the party?

Russian technology?
When working in Samara in 97 we had a joint on a water pipe leak and it started to undermine the road.
I used about 20 cans of expanding foam from our Turkish contractor, a product made in Turkey, to seal the joint. With only traces of the leak left I needed one more tin, the last one was Russian. I was hanging on this pipe, trying to get to the underside, I pressed the button and the Feckin can exploded.
Expanding foam in my hair, over my face and it glued my eyes together so I had to go to the local eye hospital.
Luckily my contact lenses stopped any serious eye damage, but it took weeks to get the stuff of my face and I looked like a Leper for the first few days.
That stuff is lethal at the best of times, let alone an exploding version!

Blimey! Another one?
At this rate, Putin's going to run out of even prospective appointees, let alone existing minions.
I know the origin of the phrase "don't shoot the messenger" but I think that continued ... er ... lack of overwhelming victory is highlighting shortcomings in the invincible Russian military might and Putin is blaming everyone.
In the eyes of the Russian people, he can't back down, let alone stop. I don't know that he'll hit the red button - that would belie the stance that Russia is not the agressor - but I forsee even more gaslighting the Russian people while throwing everyone into the frontline. Until there are more survivors willing to speak out against the misdirection.

Blimey! Another one?
At this rate, Putin's going to run out of even prospective appointees, let alone existing minions.
I know the origin of the phrase "don't shoot the messenger" but I think that continued ... er ... lack of overwhelming victory is highlighting shortcomings in the invincible Russian military might and Putin is blaming everyone.
In the eyes of the Russian people, he can't back down, let alone stop. I don't know that he'll hit the red button - that would belie the stance that Russia is not the agressor - but I forsee even more gaslighting the Russian people while throwing everyone into the frontline. Until there are more survivors willing to speak out against the misdirection.
He'll run out of competent people who want to work with him.
Lots of people will be wary of accepting a senior post.

Putin defence official dies falling from window 'leaving documents on balcony' in latest mysterious death in Russia

The head of the financial support department of the Western Military District Marina Yankina, 58, was said to have left documents on the balcony before plunging 160ft to her death.

The woman's body was found under the windows near number 31 on Zamshina Street on Wednesday, local media reported.

Police later found documents and personal items on the common balcony at the building's entrance that are believed to belong to Yankina.

Initial reports suggest she did not live at the building.

She was believed to have been a key figure in the funding of Vladimir Putin’s war in Ukraine.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/21365...ing-window-documents-mysterious-death-russia/

maximus otter

Interesting about the documents.
Evidence of corruption planted there by anyone 'helping' her out of the window?
Documents she wanted published, showing her malfeasance?
Or evidence of the illegality of the war, contrary to State doctrine, left as she took a dive from guilt?

Not all defenestrations, but a useful summary:

Bloodthirsty ‘mafia boss’ Putin killing Russian elite to cling to power as 39 oligarchs & officials mysteriously die

"Experts believe the deaths of at least 39 high profile figures - ranging from oligarchs to scientists and even generals - could show the shadowy and bloodstained hand of the Kremlin."

TOB-RUSSIAN-DEATH-GRID-GRAPHICV3-1.jpg

https://www.the-sun.com/news/7603864/putin-killing-russian-elite-mob-boss/

maximus otter

I'm sorry for the families of the ... er ... fallen ... but I'm laughing my hole off reading this thread. It's so Chaplin.

Putin does seem to be engineering his own demise, by killing off all the people around him.
Soon, there'll be nobody left.
Piss off enough people and it'll have consequences.

Putin does seem to be engineering his own demise, by killing off all the people around him.

I'd love to believe that. But relatively recent history suggests that Russians have an extremely high tolerance to being murdered by their own leaders.

On the other hand, this might be the reason he's not been removed.
Let's face it - it needs a brave man to step forward and risk his life to "say what we're all thinking - he needs to go!" Individually, the top brass might think he's gone too far and needs ... replacing, but the fear of reprisal is greater than their courage. Sure it only takes one to start the ball rolling but it's like the old thing of asking for volunteers and everyone hesitates ... until one steps forward.
Putin has modelled himself on Stalin and, like Stalin, rules by fear. Remember how long it took for the medic to overcome his terror and examine him for signs of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back