• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mystery Bomb Threats Plague Russian Cities

Zeke Newbold

Carbon based biped.
I first got wind of this story from my students - as the national media seem to be keeping shtum about it.

Public buildings, including schools and churches, are receiving bomb threats sent by encrypted E-mails in the cities of Russia and Moscow especially. This has been leading to widescale disruptions with people being evacuated from buildings with the frequency of up to 1,000 times a day (according to the linked write up).

An explanation for who, or what, is behind this (or why) has not been forthcoming - although, of course, there are many rumours:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/barrage-of-mysterious-bomb-hoaxes-plagues-moscow-1.4805334

I first got wind of this story from my students - as the national media seem to be keeping shtum about it.

Public buildings, including schools and churches, are receiving bomb threats sent by encrypted E-mails in the cities of Russia and Moscow especially. This has been leading to widescale disruptions with people being evacuated from buildings with the frequency of up to 1,000 times a day (according to the linked write up).

An explanation for who, or what, is behind this (or why) has not been forthcoming - although, of course, there are many rumours:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/barrage-of-mysterious-bomb-hoaxes-plagues-moscow-1.4805334

A couple of years ago there was an intensive spate of bomb hoaxes in Kyiv following a similar pattern. Russian parties were always suspected as the main culprit.

A couple of years ago there was an intensive spate of bomb hoaxes in Kyiv following a similar pattern. Russian parties were always suspected as the main culprit.

In this case, Ukranians were at first suspected as the main culprit - but, for reasons I'm not so clear about this theory doesn't seem to be doing the rounds anymore. (Perhaps the lack of demands?)

In this case, Ukranians were at first suspected as the main culprit - but, for reasons I'm not so clear about this theory doesn't seem to be doing the rounds anymore. (Perhaps the lack of demands?)

The Russians blame Ukraine for almost everything, well Ukraine and the USA. Russian state owned news is claiming the Corona virus was started by the USA for example.

The Russians blame Ukraine for almost everything, well Ukraine and the USA. Russian state owned news is claiming the Corona virus was started by the USA for example.
Agreed - or the USA at least (I don't hear that much about the Ukraine, actually - and most people seem to have relatives there) -and I know - I've posted sabout the corna virus broadcast on the Corona virus thread. Mind you, it was only one broadcast - it's not the official state line.

Back