Mytho Needs To Write A Novel

pleeeease? I will help you to a start: 'doomed donkey no.1 it went to the supermarket on tuesday. doomed donkey no.2 it went to a cinema. doomed doneky no.3 went skiing in june'. just like counting sheep yesterday, instead of fukushima-fall-out debris, but hey! think of the publicity, think of the royalties, think of your personal fan-club and parties, endless party-ing with other writers and intelligentsia! everybody is waiting for your debut, now! but, if you want to save trees, using no more paper-backs, that will be also all-right, I understand :)

Yes, I need to get off my arse and write a novel!
obviously, just like washing the dishes, it was just 'in fact, I should, but I have a 1000 things to do that are more fun'-type of YES, so everybody BACK OFF! (or we'll bring down the compulsory writers&painters liberation front, that will help artists with a 'compulsive/creative disorder' escape their forced promises and vague obligations to peers, parasites, politicians, press and publishers!

Last edited:
The Novel They Forced Me To Write by Mythopoeika.
still, most writers have to force themselves through the anxiety of failure and peer-pressure, before they start writing with inspiration. so, better stop trying and save at least one tree from ending up in a library. there are plenty of paintings, music-videos and movies and good novels now (more than one could listen to or view or read in a life-time).
'How Mythopoeika Saved A Tree Through The Help Of The CW&PLF'

Ogdred Weary

Sooner than expected.
still, most writers have to force themselves through the anxiety of failure and peer-pressure, before they start writing with inspiration. so, better stop trying and save at least one tree from ending up in a library. there are plenty of paintings, music-videos and movies and good novels now (more than one could listen to or view or read in a life-time).
'How Mythopoeika Saved A Tree Through The Help Of The CW&PLF'

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Didn't everyone do this as kids at school? Can remember writing luridly violent stories about thinly-disguised classmates being eaten by monsters or blown to bits by aliens. Deeply satisfying.

As a young teenager I read a Famous Five-type story someone'd written about a bunch of adventurous gung-ho girls and instantly recognised the one with the scraggy hair and unfashionable shorts as my own gorgeous self. It was nice to know what my so-called mate really thought about me!
That's all very well, but I'm talking about a grown-ass man (as the Americans say).

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Have you any clue as to what it might be about, at all?

henry

still speeding
do it on the bosses dime ... youve got some considerable thinking and planning time, structure time, character time ... when you get to november make sure youve cleared the decks and stick to 1500 words a day ?

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
do it on the bosses dime ... youve got some considerable thinking and planning time, structure time, character time ... when you get to november make sure youve cleared the decks and stick to 1500 words a day ?
Actually, I'm seriously considering giving up job number 2 and cutting back to a 3 day week. I have 'projects' I want to work on in order for me to become financially independent. Writing a novel is on my list.

henry

still speeding
could you not use your remaining time in 5/5 gainful employ to get a first draft out this year ... if that looks convincing to the trained eye it might well facilitate the gear change to 3/5 by end of year ... whereas if you drop your days down first the pressure is on ?

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
could you not use your remaining time in 5/5 gainful employ to get a first draft out this year ... if that looks convincing to the trained eye it might well facilitate the gear change to 3/5 by end of year ... whereas if you drop your days down first the pressure is on ?
Sure, but it would mean (a) burning the candle at both ends and (b) not spending much time here (I can hear faint cheers at that).

henry

still speeding
or blur the lines between work/technical and home/creative deliverables so you can hit your word count "in the office" ... if im correct youre on a daily rate, wouldnt be the first time that wool has been pulled by a freelancer, youll still be burning the candle, but not twice as bright

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
(c) blur the lines between work/technical and home/creative deliverables so you can hit your word count "in the office" ... if im correct youre on a daily rate, wouldnt be the first time that wool has been pulled by a freelancer, youll still be burning the candle, but not twice as bright
Paid monthly. Not a freelancer.